Dexterity update

• Are you trolling dude ? how does removing crit rate from FOC bad for DW ????????????????????????

i don't know maybe since DW need a ton of FOC and FOC actually gave them crit rate which gave them more damages which they lack and will even more ? that's basic really why are you trolling

They have a SOL passive like SKs. They aren't losing much. Besides DWs are most likely getting buffed anyway so there's no sense in complaining about it.

• I don't see the change that bad, and I don't care of being coherent to the meaning of the word "dexterity", I prefer a balance in what the stats give. Dexterity hoarding things as dodge, resistance, phy crit and phy power is a lot, even removing phy power; the same with Focus. With that change there will be more variety on some classes builds.

For example you can have 2 types of Turtles, one which focuses more on hit rate and other that focuses more on crits and more power. Fighters which focus on crits and others which focus on dodging.

Anyways it is just theory and must be tested.

• I don't see the change that bad, and I don't care of being coherent to the meaning of the word "dexterity", I prefer a balance in what the stats give. Dexterity hoarding things as dodge, resistance, phy crit and phy power is a lot, even removing phy power; the same with Focus. With that change there will be more variety on some classes builds.

For example you can have 2 types of Turtles, one which focuses more on hit rate and other that focuses more on crits and more power. Fighters which focus on crits and others which focus on dodging.

Anyways it is just theory and must be tested.

giphy.gif
    Also need to remember that the classes themselves will, more or less, being receiving changes in some way as well.

• The original designers of the game made it that way cuz that's how the class works. They gave fighter low defense but compensated it with dodge so they gave him DEX to increase that dodge. When daneos changed it, fighters now would go STR which would remove the dodge and they already have shit defense. You see how a change in the stats ruins everything ?

• The original designers of the game made it that way cuz that's how the class works. They gave fighter low defense but compensated it with dodge so they gave him DEX to increase that dodge. When daneos changed it, fighters now would go STR which would remove the dodge and they already have shit defense. You see how a change in the stats ruins everything ?

giphy.gif

The original designers also didn't care enough for balance changes to make this game not die out. Change is good , I support this.

• STR and SOL are the DPs stats now.

Shadow Knight gets nerfed. Bold strike won't be half as good since nameks have to invest in SOL and FOC to make it work as well.

Fighters will have to pick between Dodging and critting

Swords have it the best. They get the hit rate and critical rate like always. Nothing's changed at all for them.

Turtles are gonna need hit rate

Cranes will be fine. This doesn't affect them at all really.

Classes are forced to do what the do best now. I like the idea.

• Wrong, Swordsman now lost a good bunch of Energy Critical Hit rate and energy damage, that path was intended to be played by the game developers, since there's an entire chain of energy attacks and they get a lot of Focus, which already gave them the necessary damage, even an attack called ''Focused Kamehameha'', and yes, it can work in PvE and PvP alike. They are probably the class that changed the most, and this made them a half-broken class now.

An MMO that forces you to play a class in a single way to ''git gud'' is stupid, before this change the game offered you more paths to take. A lot more variety. Now that variety is dead and all we'll see is Swordsmen with the same build everywhere. And this will probably affect Fighters too, though they at least still can go full Speed. Basically all Master Classes had at least 2 ways to play the game. And variety=Good.

• Wrong, Swordsman now lost a good bunch of Energy Critical Hit rate and energy damage, that path was intended to be played by the game developers, since there's an entire chain of energy attacks and they get a lot of Focus, which already gave them the necessary damage, even an attack called ''Focused Kamehameha'', and yes, it can work in PvE and PvP alike. They are probably the class that changed the most, and this made them a half-broken class now.

An MMO that forces you to play a class in a single way to ''git gud'' is stupid, before this change the game offered you more paths to take. A lot more variety. Now that variety is dead and all we'll see is Swordsmen with the same build everywhere. And this will probably affect Fighters too, though they at least still can go full Speed. Basically all Master Classes had at least 2 ways to play the game. And variety=Good.

I know energy swords got hit hard. It's my favorite path...but now that we have to invest in soul it makes almost pointless when swords benefit more from the physical route.

Ill find a way though, even with the nerf mark my words

• I know energy swords got hit hard. It's my favorite path...but now that we have to invest in soul it makes almost pointless when swords benefit more from the physical route.
    Ill find a way though, even with the nerf mark my words

We'll see, if they don't change this, tell me if you find that path, I really loved my Focused Kamehamehas/Burning Attacks to be strong.
    If you managed well your SP, you could even be a energy SM without losing all of your physical skills and make Multiple Sword Slashes+Focused Gravity Break combos, both basically doing like the same amount of damage or almost, specially when behind the opponent.

• So for Fighter and Swordsman is better to max the buff Might (23 STR + 16% Phis. Crit. Damage) and not Spirited Roar (30% Phis. Crit. Damage) to get more phis. critical hit rate but lower Crit damage...

To get 1 Phis. Crit Hit rate how much STR you need?

Spirited Roar still has the advantage of providing more physical attack than Might, which will probably be more useful if you aren't going for a crit build.

We'll see, if they don't change this, tell me if you find that path, I really loved my Focused Kamehamehas/Burning Attacks to be strong.If you managed well your SP, you could even be a energy SM without losing all of your physical skills and make Multiple Sword Slashes+Focused Gravity Break combos, both basically doing like the same amount of damage or almost, specially when behind the opponent.

While I agree energy Swordsman got nerfed, I wouldn't say this outright killed them. Prepared to Roar and Fortitude can still provide the damage and crit rate boost and these two skills can easily be buffed by putting more SP on them to spend. It's just a matter of how you setup your gear and build.

• Spirited Roar still has the advantage of providing more physical attack than Might, which will probably be more useful if you aren't going for a crit build.

While I agree energy Swordsman got nerfed, I wouldn't say this outright killed them. Prepared to Roar and Fortitude can still provide the damage and crit rate boost and these two skills can easily be buffed by putting more SP on them to spend. It's just a matter of how you setup your gear and build.

the problem is fortitude and prepared roar don't stack. You either pick 25%
    Energy damage or 16 soul plus 8% critical damage.

Fortitude is trash compared to might. So prepared to roar is the best option for DPs. Now if we could use both fortitude and prepared roar we would be in business.

Either way it's still better to go with prepared to roar since turtles CMI and karma's critical damage buff don't stack with fortitude.

• As for now it is unnecessary fine-tuning the attributes. The "old" attributes by DBO weren't fine.
    First I have to update the server and fix a lot of pvp bugs.

And point proven. :>

NVM I changed my mind this way we won't see so many fighters/turtles/swordsman and more sexy female majins! And shadow Knights being top class again :)

Let me guess: you were an OP SK in old DBO and you want that back. :b

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!