Bring back Vanilla level 55 cap balance

• Dbo at its end needed much more than just 1 change in balance and needs to change back to vanilla level 55 cap dbo where it was completely balanced for the most part and I think anyone who played KR or early TW days can agree. When level 60/70 cap hit this games classes now had 2 or 3 completely OP things about them but have a huge disadvantage in return, making it really luck based depending what class you face,unlike vanilla dbo when thousands were playing every class. This is a big reason why alot of people left dbo to die because you were forced to pick a class not just lack of updates. Now to change it back to vanilla while still keeping the level 70 cap start by making 1 STR = 10 physical and 1 SOL = 10 SOL and make max CD 90% instead of 77% and nerfing crits hard why? This would make lucky crits not needed and make damage more consistent. Next nerf the fuck out of Thunder, why? This skill was never in vanilla dbo and this skill alone is why most people choose the fighter class in pvp you got a free winning round because of this skill alone and its also too OP in Pve you can literally drop a boss win under seconds and I know a lot of you fighters will be crying but if you truly want balance it needs to be done. Next nerf SK's Bold same reason as thunder, brain dead skill and with the nerfed crits SK's would still be fine with all the defense and lp. Next nerf Karmas Hesiation skill why? its a 23 second stun do I need to say more? Next change buff Grand Chef's con% buff and buff damage this class was just too weak even in vanilla dbo. Now DWs were just overshadowed by SK's for the most part but buffing their a lil damage would be good enough to even them. For Cranes just nerf anti bleed since they depend on bleed and so you cant completely cancel out what they are made for and they were just fine Pve. Capping lp% to 50% would fix Ultimates from being so tanky and having decent damage. Plasmas,Dendes, and pokos seemed fine. Nerfing max reflect and speed would be the last thing making this just like how it was vanilla dbo when pvp pve were all about skill.

• Again not an expert on stats and the technicalities but wouldn't a better idea just be to buff everybody else rather than nerf nerf nerf?

People will respond more to less popular classes being buffed rather than characters being weakened

Although I think the bleed on bold strike should be tweaked

• Simply doing buff buff this and nerf nerf that isn't a good balancing method. You need to be able to compensate for the loss/gain so that the class isn't getting the short end of the stick. A small example would be Energy Reduction in the Spiritualist tree. The fact it's a debuff alone makes it a dumb skill, but nonetheless it's helpful to Turtles since they lack recovery. Simply making it a buff (and possibly getting rid of that ENG reduction) can make the skill more viable, and you don't need to buff/nerf the recovery amount. It's a small enough improvement that doesn't have a big (if any) impact on the class.

• Um...can someone provide a more descriptive explanation? (no offense Pito) I didn't start DBO until the lv. 60 cap so I'm not aware on how the lv. 55 cap worked in terms of balance and such.

And yes NTL is horrible at balancing classes.

Back then pvp was all about combos and you couldnt win with just 1 skill which is why buffing every weak class is a bad idea @HeavenlyOcelot. You actually had to be smart and everyones build was very different to fit their liking. You could have energy skills in your build as a SM and most did believe it or not because crits werent high like they are and it was all about base damage. SKs didnt do alot of damage for a tank, Karmas didnt have OP stuns, Knockdowns took longer to get up. Every KR player was a different class for the most part because of all this. (except for some reason most the english community naturally all went MA lol)

• One of the main causes of this problem was cuz all the skills, work whit a percentage, u know like, "increses attak speed by 50%" the problem to use % in skills is that the game run out of numbers to grow pretty fast, leaving a very small room to creat new skills, whit more power, cuz the existing ones alreayd work whit the % calculation issue.

In order to dont be this kind of unbalaced skill must have damage = Physycal attack + X attak damage per skill, leaving out side the % of the damage calculations dinamycs.

Instead of increasing ur speed by 50%, reducing the deleyed time by 50 points, and so on and on for every skill, gear, etc

this way instead of gaining 50% speed from ur 1100 poitns of deleyed time, u get reduce deleyed time whit the points, so u can even reach to 300 poitns of deleyed time. The same dinamics applied to every base stat, and only transformatiosn will bring u that huge incresea on %.

This is another reason why it creates unbalances.

• 1 more thing I forgot to mention, super saiyan was actually useful ! If I remember correctly the ep drain wasn't as bad and it gave more damage than kaioken x1 but kaioken x3 gave out alot of crit rate and damage to still make it useful. You actually felt weak without super saiyan and it wasn't as good as Giant Namek and Kid buu but it was still worth gathering the dragonballs for and it felt so much rewarding getting it than it would now with this balance.

• 55 or 70 cap... no difference. Daneos will rebalance classes.
    About DW/Grand. DW agro skill from DW tree (not Warrior) should have longer duration or lower cooldown + get by it more agro that no any other class by dpsing. (SK keeps agro better for now, but DW got LP drain and a lot phys. def.)
    Grand more base attack or strong STR buff and thats all (played a lot of time by Grand)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!