Short interview with Daneos

• Ill be here until the very end just like the original DBO. What I like to do, a as personal mission, when you hit max or a real high level, is go back through the game and just f*ck up every single PvE monster that gave you a hard time when you was leveling. If you have a vivid imagination, you can make up your own story in DBO while playing. Creativity goes a long way :3

• I'll be here as long as i can be, im going to college right now and looking for a job so i image once i do get one i'll be showing up alot less but i will definitely keep trying to play as much aas possible who needs sleep right? :whistling:

Characters: Hakumei - Human Fighter(male) Garlot - Human Spiritualist(Male) MajinMiya - Wonder Majin(Fem)
    LordGarm - Warrior Namekian
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUILD: UNDERTALE

pt8Ov7h.jpgzqmaTsf.jpgU8j732A.jpg

• Honestly, the moment I become an adult... I become Dora the explorer
    I go to every map possible look at the monsters and their power level and make up a story line of how it is possible to kill them or how sneaky you need to be to go threw the monsters without them being provoked!

• Honestly, the moment I become an adult... I become Dora the explorer
    I go to every map possible look at the monsters and their power level and make up a story line of how it is possible to kill them or how sneaky you need to be to go threw the monsters without them being provoked!

'Dora The Explorer' :dlol::dlol::dlol:

• After you get to 70 there's really nothing much to do besides buying the best gear you can and upgrade it to +15.
    Doesn't matter how loyal someone is, everyone get's bored.
    I personally am only here to pass my time waiting for Xenoverse 2. After it comes out I'll be here a couple of hours each day if even that much to extend my time as much as possible. I don't want to get to 70 too fast, I don't like PvP in MMORPGs.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :rolleyes:

• Couldn't have said it better myself! :rolleyes:

Agreed. I mean it's like Pokemon in some way. Once you get bored with what the game has to offer, you really have no other option except to go PvP. Now whether it's casual or competitive is up to the player, but the end result is the same. Personally, I want to be able to experience Budokai more (never got past Pre-reqs) as well as CC Dungeon at its worst. Any new content could also help expand my RPG experience with my main character as it gives me more to work with in my writing projects.

• Agreed. I mean it's like Pokemon in some way. Once you get bored with what the game has to offer, you really have no other option except to go PvP. Now whether it's casual or competitive is up to the player, but the end result is the same. Personally, I want to be able to experience Budokai more (never got past Pre-reqs) as well as CC Dungeon at its worst. Any new content could also help expand my RPG experience with my main character as it gives me more to work with in my writing projects.

i know i wont get bored cause after i "finished" the game i can pvp / pve / help people in lower levels do UD solo mess around in tatami try to get +15 on all buy a lot of dogis maybe make guides join party budokai and even try other classes . i know most games are not forever but even without new content im sure it will take a long time untill i get bored.

• He's probably going full DCUO and reskin stuff (only upside here is he won't try to sell new reskined content every month lol).
    I don't do reskins.

I can play them but I won't enjoy it.

• wait if they own it it means they have authority over it does that mean they can snatch it from you when they want??

Yes. I've heard a lot of people spreading rumors that Daneos bought the rights to DBOG from Bandai. The sheer absurdity of that is remarkable. Unless Daneos was a multi-millionare, he's not buying anything. Bandai still own the rights to DBO and they can shut this down whenever they want. Even more so given the fact that Daneos is making a profit off of it through cash shop sales.

• idk but i dont think they just grabbed the game and now running it there is another revival server still in progress i heard them say they took care of copyright issues so i think this team might have done the same if it was possible for them then its possible for this team too

• idk but i dont think they just grabbed the game and now running it there is another revival server still in progress i heard them say they took care of copyright issues so i think this team might have done the same if it was possible for them then its possible for this team too

The only way to get around the copyright issue is to completely code everything server side from scratch. For a good example of this, see the SWGEMU. The reason the revival server says that the copyright issues are taken care of, as well as why it's taking such a long, long time for them to even release a playable public version, is most likely because they're coding everything server side.

Given how quickly DBOG is moving, I'm assuming some of the server side code is left over from the original game, AKA Bandai's code.

• DBOG is not moving quickly the guy has been working on it since Jan 2015 so its 1year and 8months but technically its less than that because he restarded coding the server from 0 like 2 times and according to what he said and the time which took him he is making the server side from 0 i mean just look at other MMORPGS they already have a 100% game in a short time because the server files are leaked. Atleast he still has motivation to complete this game

• DBOG is not moving quickly the guy has been working on it since Jan 2015 so its 1year and 8months but technically its less than that because he restarded coding the server from 0 like 2 times and according to what he said and the time which took him he is making the server side from 0 i mean just look at other MMORPGS they already have a 100% game in a short time because the server files are leaked. Atleast he still has motivation to complete this game

You have no idea how long it takes to recreate a dead game. SWGEMU began in 2004. It is now 2016, 12 years later. And a lot of the major features that were in the original Star Wars Galaxies are still not in the emulator yet.

The fact that Daneos was able to get this far basically by himself in only around a year and a half is incredibly fast.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!