Short interview with Daneos

• You have no idea how long it takes to recreate a dead game. SWGEMU began in 2004. It is now 2016, 12 years later. And a lot of the major features that were in the original Star Wars Galaxies are still not in the emulator yet.
    The fact that Daneos was able to get this far basically by himself in only around a year and a half is incredibly fast.

Well then only god knows xd

• Yes. I've heard a lot of people spreading rumors that Daneos bought the rights to DBOG from Bandai. The sheer absurdity of that is remarkable. Unless Daneos was a multi-millionare, he's not buying anything. Bandai still own the rights to DBO and they can shut this down whenever they want. Even more so given the fact that Daneos is making a profit off of it through cash shop sales.

I think the chances of bandai actually snatching DBO back are really low. Considering how big DBO was when the servers we're shutdown 3-4 years ago, don't you think the fact that it was being brought back by some german guy would've eventually reached bandai's ears? To be honest I think they really don't care and are fully aware of DBO's revival considering how big a hit Xenoverse was and the fact that they'll most likely be cashing in on the upcoming sequel. If bandai really cared they would've shut things down while we we're still in alpha.

• I think the chances of bandai actually snatching DBO back are really low. Considering how big DBO was when the servers we're shutdown 3-4 years ago, don't you think the fact that it was being brought back by some german guy would've eventually reached bandai's ears? To be honest I think they really don't care and are fully aware of DBO's revival considering how big a hit Xenoverse was and the fact that they'll most likely be cashing in on the upcoming sequel. If bandai really cared they would've shut things down while we we're still in alpha.

DBO was just a test to see how popular a dragonball MMO would be. Once they saw it was a big success, they moved on into making xenoverse. This is easily recognised by the races that you can play in xenoverse. Once they saw it had a good amount of fanbased people, they switched over into making xenoverse and left DBO behind them.

• DBO was just a test to see how popular a dragonball MMO would be. Once they saw it was a big success, they moved on into making xenoverse. This is easily recognised by the races that you can play in xenoverse. Once they saw it had a good amount of fanbased people, they switched over into making xenoverse and left DBO behind them.

the races only?? LOL the entire story the villians and names of things were copied.

• I think the chances of bandai actually snatching DBO back are really low. Considering how big DBO was when the servers we're shutdown 3-4 years ago, don't you think the fact that it was being brought back by some german guy would've eventually reached bandai's ears? To be honest I think they really don't care and are fully aware of DBO's revival considering how big a hit Xenoverse was and the fact that they'll most likely be cashing in on the upcoming sequel. If bandai really cared they would've shut things down while we we're still in alpha.

Nostalrius was a vanilla World of Warcraft server that was IMMENSELY popular. It went on for years. Then, last year, Blizzard finally shut them down.

Just because your project isn't immediately shut down doesn't mean that you're out of the clear. It's woefully optimistic to assume that they don't care about DBO anymore because they have a new game. Bandai is still a business and I doubt any good business would willingly let someone else use their product for free, regardless of if it's still a supported product or not, and let that person make money off of it.

• Nostalrius was a vanilla World of Warcraft server that was IMMENSELY popular. It went on for years. Then, last year, Blizzard finally shut them down.
    Just because your project isn't immediately shut down doesn't mean that you're out of the clear. It's woefully optimistic to assume that they don't care about DBO anymore because they have a new game. Bandai is still a business and I doubt any good business would willingly let someone else use their product for free, regardless of if it's still a supported product or not, and let that person make money off of it.

WOW is an active game that makes them a lot of money and DBO is a dead game that doesnt give them anything the only possibilty for it to be a problem is if either they have a big ego or they see DBOG as a threat to games like xenoverse and such and if they do i will with all my heart protest and find a way to change it cause i love this game.

• WOW is an active game that makes them a lot of money and DBO is a dead game that doesnt give them anything the only possibilty for it to be a problem is if either they have a big ego or they see DBOG as a threat to games like xenoverse and such and if they do i will with all my heart protest and find a way to change it cause i love this game.

You're not looking at it from a business perspective. Someone is using YOUR product, and making money off of it. The only way this would be legal and Bandai wouldn't be allowed to do jack squat is if everything server side was coded by DBO Global, since everything client side is legally obtainable by the consumer. Whether or not the product is still active doesn't matter.

• You're not looking at it from a business perspective. Someone is using YOUR product, and making money off of it. The only way this would be legal and Bandai wouldn't be allowed to do jack squat is if everything server side was coded by DBO Global, since everything client side is legally obtainable by the consumer. Whether or not the product is still active doesn't matter.

Daneos has made everything from scratch. So don't worry.

• I think, perhaps, Bandai may just buy it all from him--or perhaps he came at them with an idea, to rebuild, redesign the game. They said if you can make it work, go for it, and he did. At least that's my idea. If it doesn't work, then Bandai loses nothing. If it does work, they stand to gain a LOT.

• You have no idea how long it takes to recreate a dead game. SWGEMU began in 2004. It is now 2016, 12 years later. And a lot of the major features that were in the original Star Wars Galaxies are still not in the emulator yet.
    The fact that Daneos was able to get this far basically by himself in only around a year and a half is incredibly fast.

why is it that everytime i see you posting something, i'm reading it with the voice of master roshi in my head? I guess your picture is just too hypnotizing.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!