Auto-Kick while in Public Open Beta

• You are the one missing some braincells here lol. Yes he is re-creating the game, but is it done yet? You know what BETA is? It's means it's still not fully functional. And it's not the full game YET. Lol buddy get your shit together before you talk some bullshit

bro you don't even know what your talking about, but I need to get my shit together??? Both of you are just mad asf you can't get into the game right now amirite?

• bro you don't even know what your talking about, but I need to get my shit together??? Both of you are just mad asf you can't get into the game right now amirite?

Broski. I'm in the server right now. Nice try though.

Why is it a problem if someone is AFK? It's not League of Legends...Here it doesn't matter if u are AFK...AND ALSO There aren't that much AFKers that it would affect the server's work...Honestly...I can count all the AFKers I've seen so far on 5fingers...

And AFK includes shops and people just standing there for a long period of time. Not doing anything. I doubt you've really been paying it much attention. But look now. It is a real problem.

• Hmmm. Let me tell you what I think.

You created this account today,started a poll about an issue that has been addressed many times in the past and all this because you just wanted to play.
    You know it's P-OB and still you say "for people that want to play". Am I the only one that can see through your lies? You just want to play, not to report bugs etc.
    So please don't ever again mention that the AFKs are the only ones that they stay online and reserve 1-10-100 or more of the server's character capacity without doing anything because people that just want to play, do the same thing.. The definition that you give to AFKs is the same as for the players that just want to play, in my eyes.
    They are not even registered in the forums and if they do register is to report(more like cry about) an already known bug, mostly TLQs,Adult and Master Class quests.

Now let me tell you why the people stay AFK.
    I won't speak of why the Token System gives so many tokens, why there are such rewards and in general why it is like it is, because it doesn't matter in this "angry poll" you created,but I will tell you it's general purpose at the end.
    It's a part of the game system, for players to stay AFK and receive the tokens that they can spend for items.
    Most of the AFKs are trying to help, do you want to know how?

• Check if things in Token Shop work correctly.
    • Check and report findings about the upgrading system with the upgrade crystals from Token Shop.
    • Check if the timers apply to the items in the Token Shop.
    • If these are done, then they check what else the Dev Team could add to the Token Shop from the variety of items that are currently ingame and suggest it.
    • Set the screen capture to record the screen for the possibility to find hackers, bug abusers etc. while they are away.
    • Private Shops are ingame because they are a system of the game. I don't believe that the Dev Team will disable a crucial system in the game. (Abit Off-topic here >)People that say that they don't want them because there is an Auction House, then let me remind you that the Auction House takes a small fee right out of your pocket once you add an item for sale. That's good if it sales, but what if it doesn't? If you want them removed, make a thread in the Suggestions Section.(Back to topic)
    • People that open a Private Shop add items that they currently can't sell at the Auction House. That's because there are false checks or no checks at all that allow them to sell them only at a Private Shop. It's also faster and more attractive in some way.

Of course this doesn't apply to all the AFK players, because like I said, not everyone is registered here and checks the forums. We know that most of the people couldn't care less about the forum when they can play the game, right? Right.

I would also like to inform the people who don't remember and the people who are new that in the original DBO there wasn't an AFK Kicker. You are mistaking it with the Bot-Checker. A popup window that opened when you killed too many mobs, too fast. You completed the captcha and you got timed buff. This once again was not an AFK Kicker.

Now let me tell you about Pre-Open Beta. The goal here is not to have everyone play and enjoy the game. I said it before, I will say it again. It's an Open Test Server and that decision came from the Dev Team because they wanted more people to help them find the bugs,glitches etc. They could have continued with the Founders way in the Dev/Test server but the people were limited to a few. That's why they made this desicion. That's also why the channels go online and offline all the time, it's not because of the AFKs. Don't be arrogant and ask for more than what you already have in a Test Phase that's called Pre-Open Beta.

If you can't see the reason of this Pre-Open Beta, then you can go and click that YES in the poll, but let me tell you that most of the "big" suggestions might not attract the Dev Teams eyes and just go to the recycle bin and if they are lucky they might come back on the table at Open Beta.

As you might know by now, I'm strongly against this system.

P.S.
    Off-Topic : The Token Shop System is to help people level and make their life easier untill they get the Master Class at lv30, where the real fun begins.
    Have fun ;)

• My lies? You obviously don't understand how an open beta works. The players that are ACTIVELY playing and debugging things can still debug the same exact things AFK players can AND MORE. So you're entire argument started off on a stupid ideology.

And you obviously have not read the entire thread before putting your "opinion" out there (which seemed more condescending than anything else).

Had you read it you'd know that I had been in the server the entire time I was posting and was saying this to show my distaste for an issue that could be resolved and would benefit the server.

I completely understand the concept that the in game shops are a part of the game. However they are not the biggest thing to address right now. Bugs in the combat system, quests and other items are more vital to overall gameplay, so please don't use that as the basis for your argument again because it's not a good one.

And finally it is YOU and the people that have clicked NO that don't understand the reason of a Pre-Open Beta. To debug the game, and in order to debug the game you need ACTIVE players. Not people sitting AFK "testing" a system that we have already determined to be functional.

P.S.
    Regarding the people addressing my new account here on the forums. Be informed, I have been a member of Dragonball Online Revelations for years awaiting the re-release of this game. Had I know about this particular project site as well I would have been a member here too. The fact that I made the account today to address the AFK-Kick system means I am actively participating in the debugging side of the game. By making a suggestion that (as a developer myself mind you) I feel would benefit the project moving forward. And not just the people who want to AFK play.

• Don't lie fam, we all know you're not here to report bugs, but to play the game. Sorry to tell you but tokens and all progress is wiped, so why play if you're not here to report bugs?

• For your information Mr.Developer, I've read the whole thread before posting, that's what I do. But it seems that you've forgotten what you've said in your previous posts.
    Also as a Mr.Developer yourslef you should understand that YOU don't make the rules here. You are just a community member like I am, like all the other people that pressed NO, are.
    You should not define our decision to click NO as wrong, if you didn't like it, since you were the one to open a poll and ask US the community of our opinion. Am I right Mr.Developer?
    This is not DBOR, this is DBOG and if you can't handle a debate on your thread when it is a YES or NO poll, then don't make another one. Just point flat out your suggestion and be done with it.

Also to specifically answer to this :

The fact that I mad the account today to address the AFK-Kick system means I am actively participating in the debugging side of the game. By making a suggestion that (as a developer mind you) I feel would benefit the project moving forward.

The fact that you made the account today to just post a suggestion WITHOUT any traces of 1 bug in it, doesn't make you a participant in the debugging of the game. It just makes you a person with an idea that you thought was worth suggesting.
    As a Mr.Developer you should know well what a bug is and what debugging means.
    A bug, is a system data,a check that doesn't run as it was intended to run, doesn't work as it was intended to work. Debugging is the action taken to restore the data,check etc. so that the system data will run/work as it's intended. Your suggestion doesn't have that. I didn't read anything about bugs. I didn't read anything about in-game problems. The only problem that you Mr.Developer have addressed is that you have trouble logging into a server that IS (like you also said) under development and it has some issues with it's channels which should be MORE understandable to you as a Mr.Developer, because it's PRE-OPEN BETA. And once you get inside, you blame the AFKs because they are "hugging" your personal space and can't let you play and enjoy the game.
    [sarcasm] I like your logic Mr.Developer. [/sarcasm]

• Exactly. And to the people voting No. I am not proposing an INDEFINITE AFK kick system. Just while the game is in development and we have times where there is just 1 channel to use. Seems rather unfair to take up someone elses play time when you are just getting cash.

for everyone saying it is only ok to have auto kick while it is in pre- open beta and so forth no the actual game needs a auto kick afk for a fixed time period because Daneos was previously asked about the population whether it would be server or channel wide and he said it would be the server limit which would be 500 so with what yall are saying we would 500 people just sitting afk logged in and no one else would get to play so no it should be allowed for a auto kick afk players like 5-10 minutes before auto kick that way more people will get to play

• i was just saying i have played a lot of mmos yes it is trouble some with the auto kick but it allows everyone to play the game and not just a select few because if that happened then it would only be the same 500 people playing instead of more than that so that is why i said it because if people wanna be greedy about farming tokens or whatever it is then they should be active not afk have them work for it instead like everyone no one is special that will be playing well except for daneos lol

• requirements:
    - 1 channel ( in this case spam to enter into the game or simply try to do something else )

pros:
    - regular kick ( maybe 10% - 20% of people after 1 hour and probably impossible knowing this )

cons:
    - Time to implement ( in the old dbo this wasn't implemented therefore really takes a long time when it can be fixed )

Opinion:
    It is not really necessary to implement something like afk-kicker.
    Probably Daneos is working about this problem or simply he disabled some channels and working on them.

• then obviously you have not been paying attention to previous threads about questions that were asked to Daneos.he was asked about the population limit whether it would be per channel or per server and he stated it was for the server and it would be set at 500. so y shouldnt we have an auto kick? oh so only the few of you people who like to sit on the game and take up space? nah there are other people who actually want to play the game not sit on it and do absolutely nothing and i have been on and seen plenty of people just sitting near the auction house's and doing nothing but just sitting. if your going to get on the game then actually play otherwise log out so other people can get on and enjoy the game.**** Also this is not the OLD DBO*** so that statement is irrelevant

• @xHotPockets I have already created another thread trying to describe a sound issue that I have experienced that can be linked to the game. This is not the only topic I have so please don't attack me simply because you don't like the fact that I have a different opinion than you.

@Kaioshin Vall At this point bud, I really don't care to listen to what you have to say. Since the first time you started posting in this thread you have done nothing but be condescending and aggressive. You contradict yourself and honestly don't have any valuable input to the conversation. The bottom line is there is a poll. And the majority of people have concluded that a AFK-Kick is valid. Not to mention if you look through the posts on this thread you'll notice that more UNIQUE members have come to express their appreciation for a AFK-Kick system. Meanwhile it seems to be the same few people defending not having one (and as a side note the majority of them have been super hostile as yourself).

At the end of the day I think the content of your posts truly shows the value of your input. And that goes for all the other people on here that have been hostile. And since the poll opened Yes has been in the lead because it's common sense to leave the server open to people that would be able to even notice bugs. Not AFK shops and people who are just staying logged in to collect the Tokens.

• @Kaioshin Vall At this point bud, I really don't care to listen to what you have to say. Since the first time you started posting in this thread you have done nothing but be condescending and aggressive. You contradict yourself and honestly don't have any valuable input to the conversation. The bottom line is there is a poll. And the majority of people have concluded that a AFK-Kick is valid. Not to mention if you look through the posts on this thread you'll notice that more UNIQUE members have come to express their appreciation for a AFK-Kick system. Meanwhile it seems to be the same few people defending not having one (and as a side note the majority of them have been super hostile as yourself).

At the end of the day I think the content of your posts truly shows the value of your input. And that goes for all the other people on here that have been hostile. And since the poll opened Yes has been in the lead because it's common sense to leave the server open to people that would be able to even notice bugs. Not AFK shops and people who are just staying logged in to collect the Tokens.

It's just sad to see such a "cough" brilliant "cough" mind go away.
    I'm not licking anyones dirty laundry to stay in this forum and in this community. Whatever I have to say, I say it out loud. You can judge me personally by my posts etc. all you want, but at the end of the day, I've done more for this server than you'll ever do ;)
    Go play and enjoy your game now, oh and also report some bugs please, I know you're trying to find them now to cleanse your "karma" .

Oh and since you're "new", welcome to the DBOG Community, I don't think that the DBOR Community will miss you though.

P.S. In the future, when you try to login and the server is full, picture me sitting AFK blocking you ;)

• I'm just here to say my piece that's all, I do think there should be an AFK-kick for open beta. Since we'll be at the point where the servers will be flooded with players for like the first 5 months it'd be great to free up space for the excess amount of people playing the game, and about shops you can just sell to NPC merchant you can get 1,000+ zeni a piece for armor lvl 30+. Right now it'd be a pretty terrible idea for the debugging process, since those testing the shop mechanics will get kicked for actually debugging. Majority of us are complaining because we just want to play the game, and I'm gonna be honest it's a 70/30 split for me, I spend 70% of the time lvling and grinding to report bugs outside of Korin and the other 30% is spent reporting or looking for ones that are in my current level range. (My level currently being 35.) That being said it is annoying to see guilds or large masses just standing in one spot and doing nothing, and it's not just shop AFK's there are actual players just standing there doing nothing not playing not reporting bugs. Just look at all the players idling near item box spawns waiting for the next update, it's ridiculous, that being said there are really only two solutions I can think of, 1.) AFK-kick or 2.) bigger server for P-OB. If the server can only hold 500 I think Daneos should add another 100 or so slots for the people that actually want to AFK shop. I mean if your gonna open a shop really what are you gonna do, fight mobs? It's not like you can move with a shop open so you might as well AFK and check every 15 minutes or so to see if your shops been sold out yet. And I may come off as a bit of a devil's advocate but as I said before I'm just here to say my piece, not pick sides.

• and see this kind of douchbaggery is what will ALL users away
    js and btw your still a nobody like most of us in the community so get the stick out your ass bc ur not better than anyones else on this thread

• I'm just here to say my piece that's all, I do think there should be an AFK-kick for open beta. Since we'll be at the point where the servers will be flooded with players for like the first 5 months it'd be great to free up space for the excess amount of people playing the game, and about shops you can just sell to NPC merchant you can get 1,000+ zeni a piece for armor lvl 30+. Right now it'd be a pretty terrible idea for the debugging process, since those testing the shop mechanics will get kicked for actually debugging. Majority of us are complaining because we just want to play the game, and I'm gonna be honest it's a 70/30 split for me, I spend 70% of the time lvling and grinding to report bugs outside of Korin and the other 30% is spent reporting or looking for ones that are in my current level range. (My level currently being 35.) That being said it is annoying to see guilds or large masses just standing in one spot and doing nothing, and it's not just shop AFK's there are actual players just standing there doing nothing not playing not reporting bugs. Just look at all the players idling near item box spawns waiting for the next update, it's ridiculous, that being said there are really only two solutions I can think of, 1.) AFK-kick or 2.) bigger server for P-OB. If the server can only hold 500 I think Daneos should add another 100 or so slots for the people that actually want to AFK shop. I mean if your gonna open a shop really what are you gonna do, fight mobs? It's not like you can move with a shop open so you might as well AFK and check every 15 minutes or so to see if your shops been sold out yet. And I may come off as a bit of a devil's advocate but as I said before I'm just here to say my piece, not pick sides.

ok well what are ur thoughts on afk kick when the game is finished? because it will be the same since Daneos said the server limit is 500 so it will block people out

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!