Question not sure if its been brought up yet about once the beta and majority of the content updates are out

• but when this happens does danaes hope i spelled that right if not im deeply sorry but does he plan to start hiring help out if he plans to make new content to keep the bring back of dragonball online alive? please i've done research and seen that supposely the originals got shut down due to lack of updates if this question has already been im sorry and if it has you do not have to answer it moderators or danaes i know there is alot of stuff only a few people can do with so little time and im in no rush who knows maybe ill reach max level before next update that would be cool haha but I am really happy that danaes exists because without him i would of never been able to experience this game I wanted to play it years ago but i doubt there was a way to play it outside the US without workarounds which could prob get you either banned or in trouble but yeah i think i've gotten off topic so imma stop right here.

• Well Daneos wouldn't be hiring anyone IF there were going to be any new content, of course he would probably look for people to volunteer. But here's the thing: new content would absolutely take aged and a lot of creativity and talent. It would be no simple feat. Also for the record, the original Dragon Ball Online shut down because not enough people were playing. Does that answer your question?

• Well Daneos wouldn't be hiring anyone IF there were going to be any new content, of course he would probably look for people to volunteer. But here's the thing: new content would absolutely take aged and a lot of creativity and talent. It would be no simple feat. Also for the record, the original Dragon Ball Online shut down because not enough people were playing. Does that answer your question?

it got shut down because they failed to release it north America 2nd who ever the game was published too went into serious bankrupt so I've hear

• it got shut down because they failed to release it north America 2nd who ever the game was published too went into serious bankrupt so I've hear

No no no, it had nothing to do with a North American release. There was never any plan to release it to North America. And if the developer went Bankrupt then this is the first I'm hearing of it. It's a possibility but the main reason was simply that not enough people were playing for it to be worth maintaining.

• No no no, it had nothing to do with a North American release. There was never any plan to release it to North America. And if the developer went Bankrupt then this is the first I'm hearing of it. It's a possibility but the main reason was simply that not enough people were playing for it to be worth maintaining.

okay smart guy how many region was the game in before it shut down

• okay smart guy how many region was the game in before it shut down

you do realise that companys dont make that mutch extra money from companys over seas right? its why japan doesent care about anime /mangaetc that mutch as there main source of revenue comes from there own country so it beiing in the us or not wouldent really effect anything as most of that money would go to the american hoster anyway its also one of the reason why an anime that does amassingly in america but poorly in japan doesent tend to get a secound season

• okay smart guy how many region was the game in before it shut down

Whoa whoa whoa calm down. I don't know the exact math but I know that it was purely shut down because it did not have enough players. It had nothing to do with regional release. Like lawyet said, Japan is the region that matters most. Lack of release elsewhere would not effect the game enough to have change whether or not the game is shut down.

• Whoa whoa whoa calm down. I don't know the exact math but I know that it was purely shut down because it did not have enough players. It had nothing to do with regional release. Like lawyet said, Japan is the region that matters most. Lack of release elsewhere would not effect the game enough to have change whether or not the game is shut down.

If it was successful, it may have gotten an official american release at some point. Fact is, it wasn't popular enough (Not enough people were playing)

• You guys realize it was never released in Japan, right? Bandai Namco hired NTL (a Korean company) to make the game. It was released in Korea, and during development, it was clearly stated that there were no plans to *currently* release the game world wide, but the project lead said it was something he wanted to do.

It didn't release here in America, because Bandai (at the time) did not have the rights to release Dragon Ball related games, in the Americas. ATARI owned sole publishing rights. Shortly after Bandai obtained worldwide distribution rights for Dragin Ball games, it was officially announced that the game was being translated for a Japanese release, following the Hong Kong one. From there, odds are the international release would have happened, as translating Japanese to English is far easier than Korean, and was hinted at by NTL and Bandai but never officially confirmed. Not to mention, a whole new slew of countries that Bandai could now release games in as sole publisher. No sharing of profits.

However, before that could happen, NTL went under. This is the risk with F2P games, and people complained. Mostly that items in the cash shop, weren't worth it. If you don't have income from your cash shop due to a lack of items people wanted to buy, you won't be around long.

I blame that totally on the perchant for gambling in Eastern nations. Getting a dogi you wanted? Be lucky and spend money for Wagu coins. People wanted a way to get their dogi of choice for $5 or $10. May have saved them long enough to get their Japanese and International release, nations where Dragon Ball related ratings are by and large higher than Korea, the initial release nation. The two other releases belonged to Taiwan and Hong Kong. That's simply due to ease of translation. One uses Traditional Chinese, the other uses a modern simplified Chinese. Which is easy to translate Korean Hangul to.

The lack of income is what killed it, due to lack of item draw in the cash shop. Not a lack of player base. The months and months between patches and balances didn't help either. Imbalance means PvP players don't play, means they don't see (sub par) items in the cash shop.. Such a shame.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!