Skills reset method inconvenient...

• Well... First of all, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

Now, the main topic; I though I was the only one who didn't see when Daneos edited the Global Thread Update saying only first class could reset their skills, I've been telling people (with /t) to NOT change class without resetting skills first, and there are a A LOT of them that didn't know they needed to reset them before changing class. I've seen a lot of people asking for reset books too because they are stuck like me trying to reset them since we have no choice than buying CP or farming to buy them with Zeni.

I think the way that was used to communicate this case was inconvenient for a lot of people... Not everyone is always reading that thread, and believe me, not after some weeks. Honestly, I was one of they anxious guys who was reading the thread every day to see if I could find some new information, but after 2 weeks I got tired of this and also stopped visiting the forum as before, since I wanted to become Adult/Master class and continue with the game and didn't see anything new.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone in the staff, it is OUR FAULT for not being completely informed about everything reading the forum, what I (Or we) just want to know if there is going to be any salvation for us, or we need to buy CP/create new characters to solve this problem.

Thank you, and thank you Daneos for all your effort.

• i fail to see the purpose or reason of this post...

first you awknowledge the fact that its the players fault because they didnt read the forums but then you say and i quote ''I think the way that was used to communicate this case was inconvenient for a lot of people'',well its not like daneos can go to everyones home and just put a neon sign outside of your window so you can see it when you get up :rolleyes:

an unspoken rule of mmo gaming is that you need to use 10% of your mmo gaming time in browsing the forums of the mmo you play and using google,now there is no ifs or buts,this is something that HAS to be done.

sure you can fine without ever setting foot on the forums but you will miss out and alot,mmos are like living organisms they never stay the same,so if someone doesnt want to follow the 10% rule fine by me but by doing so they forfeit ANY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN IN THE FORUMS,as simple as that.

take me for example,in my pc i still have sto and swtor installed even if i dont play them anymore,still visit the forums thou so that is why i didnt miss out on the summer events,free ship and lots of goodies in sto and a leveling armour in swtor that gives me a 40% more xp while leveling up.

now if i missed out on those who would i have to blame for that?

this is a list of things you are most likely to miss if you dont visit the forums:

-class changes
    -maintenance times
    -bugs
    -nerfs
    -special events
    -promotions
    -fixes to bugs in the game
    -changes to gameplay
    -new features added to the game
    -new content like dungeons,raids,etc,etc

this is only the official forums,if you want information on builds,dungeon tactics,rotations on your skills,guides on how to tank,heal or dps you have a myriad of guides you can find using google.

so by you saying its ''inconvenient for a lot of people'' it just makes my blood boil,on the other hand i am happy because this will maybe serve as some much needed tough love,some players might have to reroll and make a new character,that will teach them about the 10% rule and the fact that they need to put in the work if they want to play mmos.

and i will probably get a response by you or someone else like ''but....but i dont have the time to do all that research'',well i dont know what to tell you,if you dont have the ''time'' then maybe an mmo isnt the game genre for you.

• All our characters will be removed anyway lol
    i did too this mistake, but i don't care now, i'm lvl 35 and people can have master class at lvl 30, i have 5 skills reset books, lol
    some people are playing seriously like Nothing will happen to their character...but the real game starts after open beta

• All our characters will be removed anyway loli did too this mistake, but i don't care now, i'm lvl 35 and people can have master class at lvl 30, i have 5 skills reset books, lol
    some people are playing seriously like Nothing will happen to their character...but the real game starts after open beta

i know,the constant use of trade channel by some people just baffles me,in my case im just using this pre beta to see which character ill use as my main,but apart from that i dont farm or try to make zenny,got enough for repairs and that is all i need.

• All our characters will be removed anyway loli did too this mistake, but i don't care now, i'm lvl 35 and people can have master class at lvl 30, i have 5 skills reset books, lol

I have a question for you @Kamekameman since you have nothing else to do than blame and dislike posts, let me play your game: Can you please explain me where the "Blame" part is? And should I give you an applause for knowing the obvious? Lol. Allow me to explain the main reason of this post (even tho it is there). I just want to know if we can wait for help or if we just need to keep moving on, a simple answer from a moderator would be enough. I'm not trying to disturb Daneos (And I loved the part where you are trying to be the perfect guy, as all other posts you commented) or any moderator, just want to make sure.

@Dragozino Yes mate, I know all is going to be deleted :P, but honestly I couldn't reach max lvl in TW so I wanted to get as far as possible here to be prepared for Open Beta. I don't have a lot of time since I'm studying and working so my only hope is to wait for an answer and keep going with that answer xd.

• I have a question for you @Kamekameman since you have nothing else to do than blame and dislike posts, let me play your game: Can you please explain me where the "Blame" part is? And should I give you an applause for knowing the obvious? Lol. Allow me to explain the main reason of this post (even tho it is there). I just want to know if we can wait for help or if we just need to keep moving on, a simple answer from a moderator would be enough. I'm not trying to disturb Daneos (And I loved the part where you are trying to be the perfect guy, as all other posts you commented) or any moderator, just want to make sure.
    @Dragozino Yes mate, I know all is going to be deleted :P, but honestly I couldn't reach max lvl in TW so I wanted to get as far as possible here to be prepared for Open Beta. I don't have a lot of time since I'm studying and working so my only hope is to wait for an answer and keep going with that answer xd.

another useless reply oh well.

this looks like you looking to blame it on them for not releasing the info on the skill reset:

I think the way that was used to communicate this case was inconvenient for a lot of people

daneos already said that you would be able to reset skills if you are level 30 not higher and if you havent done your master class,so what type of help are you expecting?

its pretty easy,i mean i would use hand puppets if you could see but since you cant ill use words...

if your character is level 30 and you havent done the master class quest you can reset your skills,if you are level 31 and or have done your master class quest you need to reset skills by using other methods,so is this that difficult to understand?

as far as we know there wont be a mulligan for lazy players that didnt read the forums,maybe daneos will cave in but i hope he doesnt,you either reroll or spend money that is the bottom line.

''I just want to know if we can wait for help''

i just gave you help,i made you aware of the 10 percent rule,ill expect a check in the mail,thank you.

p.s not trying to be perfect,this is the way i am,and about blaming and disliking posts well you screwed up and the blame is on you,and as far as dislikes well it is in the forums right? i mean its a feature so i use it,i didnt like your post or the tone you used (same goes for your reply to my post) so i disliked both of them,as simple as that.

• Well, allow me to give you a cookie and thanks for participating, so let's keep waiting.

• Ive seen a thread about this a few days before the update, and honestly I knew that a lot of people would be misinform since daneos was slowly editing that same "big update" post, and since there no forum notification on when someone edit a post, and most people probably didn't go back and recheck it again, meanwhile those people who didn't recheck it got the short end of the stick and mess it up there build.

Very flawed and I hope stuff dealing with that gets changed. Also I think you should be able reset your skills through the NPC even when you have your masterclass it only make sense because this a pre open beta and people won't spend $15 USD just to test broken skills, most of the aren't working how they should, server getting wiped, and its heavily P2W and give advantage over those who can't buy one but that different story for a different time.

TDLR it should be change til open beta start at least.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!