Is Daneos a pro?

• I hope I'm not being rude by asking but does anyone know whether Daneos is actually working as a pro? Being able to code and revive a game from scratch, I guess it takes a lot of skills..so I'm wondering if he's not been discovered yet by a company or if these kind of skills are just average in the IT field. As a fellow IT student, I'm really curious. ^^

• This is just a hobby of his as a mmorpg dev enthusiast with years of hobby experience. He didnt really write everything from scratch, just the game server software. Hes simply managed to reverse engineer the client to successfully write a fitting server software.

Hes technically just distributing a slightly modified version of the copyrighted client source code and other resources previously made by the official dbo developers. Who cares tho it doesnt seem like daneos is making bank off this as he hasnt opened donations (yet)

• I think we can agree the work of him and his team are quite amazing

dbo in fantastic mmorpg, fully involvente we are lucky to @Daneos be taking on the project '' DBO '' when it was still a dream in 2008 I was there waiting for the release for 2011 - TW, even played the death of 2013 on servers

Sorry ingles = Google tradutor

• I think we can agree the work of him and his team are quite amazing

Of course, I'm thankful to EVERYONE, for working so hard on this game as I have been waiting for DBO to revive ever since it closed down. But from what I know Daneos is the one doing the coding, if not, he's the one who started it. So I was just wondering if that means he's skilled or average :)

Thank u guys for the answers ^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!