Posts by Jigglybuff

In the Yahhoy East map there's a mob called "bad wolf" I think there's another one, but they look like weasels.
    It has a debuff that decreases the amount of strength you have by 30%.
    While the strength does decrease by 30%, the actual Physical attack you have will go down way further.
    fJsVy5v.png

I do not know exactly how much STR = Phy.att, but im fairly sure that this isn't accurate.

Theres a bug when you die you keep getting attacked and whenever you respawn it teleports you back to your place of death, because you seem to die again. This means you're unable to respawn if the mobs are still alive. Spamming it to get through doesn't work and will only get your armor broken (due to dying so much).
    mDS0MzZ.jpg

(Comment Removed)

I'm not sure why you're so aggravated in this discussion. If you wan't to call it lazy that's fine I won't judge you for that opinion.
    Although if you truly are such a veteran and have 20+ lvl 70 characters you SHOULD know that there was indeed a lvl 33 up stone, it was quite a thing in the market. Just by denying the fact that it was ingame it makes me doubt your whole comment.
    You can even go back to the original forums "dbocom" and search for lvl 33 up stone, you'll find threads.

Anyways lets stay on topic and focus on the actual stone.

@sabrenuke
    Well yeah that's very true, but back then we all know that the game was kind of getting milked at the end of it.
    And I'm only talking about the p2w aspect if it's implemented right off the bat, after that it would just be a luxury item for people who want to donate and have the possiblity to skip this content. I understand you dislike the idea. I wouldn't buy the item myself either, but I can see why there would be a demand for it.

Why can't we just have a normal discussion about the actual lvl 33 stone, a lot of points made are quite good / interesting. Calling eachother out on not being well known in the community for an old player or trying to belittle someone for having an opinion isn't going to help

@spopaj
    Calling people 'lazy' is quite an interesting label you try to put on those who support this idea.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people that played KR/TW/HK and have already been through the content loads of times. For example I really dislike the 1 - 30 content while I do like the 30 - 70 content. Calling me lazy for not eagerly wanting to do this content even though I've been through it atleast 8 times is not very good judgement in my opinion.

@Kamekameman
    I understand your point about the early levels being kind of important to new players to understand their class and I totally agree if it would've been for any other mmorpg. The leveling from 1- 30 usually happens with a different build then what you actually end up with because of the possibility of a free reset before lvl 30. This however doesn't mean that the early levels don't teach you the ropes and I agree that it shouldn't be used by new people who haven't been through this content before, just to get familiar with their class and the game in general.
    On the other hand I know that I don't need those first levels to understand any of the classes because I've already played all of them and I'm sure theres a big part of the community that has as well.

Just because you have a boost item ingame it doesn't mean that you should use it. The point you made out for WoW is very relatable because it is indeed necessary for new people to go through the content and get accustomed to their classes, I'm sure some people will need it in DBOG as well. This however doesn't mean that the lvl 33 up stone isn't relevant anymore or should be deleted because of the new people.

Overall I think that it's fine to have the stone, but it should not be implemented right off the bat, because that will cause people to have an unfair advantage over those who can not afford such an item.

Everyone calling him disrespectful or anything like that should stop acting like they're not hyped for the update whatsoever.
    Im pretty sure everyone feels the same way about it, Daneos clearly stated that he's not interested in any of these threads and that people will most likely get a warning for making them. This however doesn't mean that it's a good thing to neglect the community and to not share what's on his mind.
    But in the end this thread doesn't contribute to anything other than creating a negative atmosphere around the forums.

As for this

I do not understand why still want nerfar book turtle, divine? cite another turtle that did what he did? another he had a good ping, the game was in his language, he had equips, to play against all classes, was casher, had high upgrade.
    It is hypocrisy to say that he won only because of it. (If he had another class win the same way).
    nerf turtle skills?
    skills has a very high cooldown and requires skill to use the class.
    ps: you need on a CD 55+ minimum to be able to make the combo in 1 vs 1, and a set with high defense to restore the property that you lose using cooldown and taking absurd hits...

I assume we all know that the turtle book wasn't the only thing that made Divine almost unbeatable during budokai.
    That doesn't change the fact that being able to lock someone completely out of gameplay is a healthy thing to have ingame, even if this required a high amount of skill and proper timing.
    Yes I am aware that changing anything will severely hurt the turtle class, which is why in a thread like this it's impossible to just theory craft and expect a proper solution for everything. To truly balance each and every class we'll need to thoroughly test everything and even then there will still be some problems here and there.

you think its boring i dont , it looks cool feels good and overl-all is fine.i dont get all these changes you guys vote for i mean the game wasnt perfect but it was fun the way it was and you cant just put a nerf to everything that is slightly strong like dex for example the entire kit of fighters was based on it + SM used it and turtle with FOC but changing these will only hurt humans that even back in the day werent that dominating. they werent that tough to beat and nerfing an entire race just cause doenst make sense...

It looks cool and feels good so it should totally stay the same.
    Speed was a bad thing to happen to DBO in general or atleast in my opinion, it's not healthy for a mmo to have such a strong meta. It excluded a lot of classes and forced you to build speed if you wanted to be relevant at all.
    I realise that no game is completely perfect, there will always be things considered OP whatsoever, but it's never a bad thing to discuss these things and ask for the opinions of others, for as far as I know none of the changes suggested in this thread came through so it's really just pointing out what the community likes and dislikes.
    Changing stats should never happen without thoroughly testing them first and I'm sure this will be done if it's going to happen. Your statement about humans not dominating isn't what I've been seeing in game since KR. The human race was probably the most populated and they were in a 'fairly' good position.

As for the release date of the stone, I am fine with a week after, but I would just like a logical and valid reason as to why it shouldn't be added right at the start.

I don't think it really makes much of a difference whether the book is ingame or not, but if it's added it would have to be after a fair amount of time, probably like 2 weeks. All the people that would be racing to the level cap and gain an advantage over the somewhat more casual players will probably already be past lvl 33 by then anyways. This means that the stone will not be able to give an unfair advantage to those that wish to support the server by cashing.
    Also an Item like this could not be seen as "p2w". Pay to win generally refers to players being able to gain an unfair advantage over their fellow players by using real life currency, an advantage that could not be gained without cashing unless it involves an unreasonably long time.

The only way for this item to be considered p2w by some people would be by implementing the item at the start of open beta, but then again this could be up for discussion.

Also for the people that think that the item will become useless if it's added like a month after the start, I don't think it would be considered useless. I myself really dislike the starter areas and korin as well and I'm sure there will be people that share this with me, I would still greatly value it to be used on my alts for example.

Having the title last forever doesn't even make sense, if you obtain the title once and get beaten in the next tournament you're obviously no longer the world champion.
    I understand that a lot of people who have finally won the tourney want their fame to last forever, but that's basically saying: "I won once, but i probably won't win again so please don't remove my title. ;(;( "

Having the title last forever also means that eventually the title will lose it's value because more people will obtain it.
    Also i hated the fact that people were so thirsty for the title that they bought themselves through certain matches .. lol.

Let's not forget that the aura was only meant to last a week, but unfortunately never got fixed.

And for the people that complain about why they would HAVE to join the tournament for a title that only lasts for 1 week?
    Well that's quite simple; you don't have to join.