Posts by Kirito

He did state in his first post that it was only meant to be after the game is finished, so I don't see any need to attack him and use that logic.

You're gonna need modelers that can add new hair models for new SSJ transformations, which is very hard.

It's actually not. We're on it (as far as new models go, not saying there will be new transformations yet).

Anyways, since there's like a million threads about this already, I'll be locking this now. Please search before posting next time.

It's a nice idea and it could be implemented in the future. Makes the game feel more alive, which is important in most games. It's actually a pretty basic feature, in fact, so I can see it being added eventually.

Thing is, it wouldn't help us at all. If you do want DBO to come back as quickly as possible, then you focus on one good and prepared community, instead of separating everyone throughout several random ones.

In most cases, more people does not mean faster results. I personally believe that if we had several people working on the same thing, it would just be a huge mess. And if you or anyone has high coding skills or anything at all that can help a project out, just apply and show them what you can do, to persuade them. But even if you don't get accepted, it usually just means that they're not looking to recruit new people into their project at that time, because they simply don't need to (though in some causes, they might be wrong about that).

As for DBOG specifically, progress is going pretty smoothly so far, but you can always try and apply for something.

Hi! I made a launcher, too. I've actually been planning out this launcher since before the contest started, but due to real life situations and such, I was only able to finish it now. I can add more to it afterwards if needed (like Server Status On/Off or other things).

In case my entry does win though, I'd like to give out the Goku Pack to either a random contestant or the 3rd best, or something like that.

Anyway, here it is:

Status: Not Ready - Repair/Settings and Close buttons are in their normal state. The Start button is dark and "turned off", while the download/progress bars are empty.

Status: Ready - Repair/Settings and Close buttons are in their normal state. The Start button is lighted up and ready to be used, while the download/progress bars are full.

Status: Hovering - This is how each button looks when you place your mouse arrow over them.

Close button variant - How it looks like when you're clicking or holding down the Close button (if possible or necessary).

White Stones

Since items would not break anymore, White Stones would still be used, as to simply prevent the item from downgrading instead.

Hello and welcome to DBOG. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but please do a quick search to make sure they haven't been answered already.

Have fun o/

In about 6 months you'd be maxed out in +15 gear if you allow it to not break. Then you would not have a goal.
    Thus, making this game way too easy.

That's for dying games that don't have content updates for 6+ months. DBOG isn't planning on being like that and will actually update and introduce new content, unlike DBO, which stopped doing it for so long until it shut down. So yes, that theory would kinda make sense back then, but not anymore.

Edit: Just wanted to add that gambling = not hard work. At least with my suggestion of making stones harder to get, then you would be able to farm them and actually put in the hard work for it. Just my opinion, though.

No.

Personal reasoning: Destroying the item makes it too risky = too RNG based = leading to p2w. Since we don't want the game to go down that path, and since certain mmorpg's also started avoiding that, it's time we get with the program, too. Plus, it won't make things "easy", it just won't make them ridiculous.

The concluding idea we got to from the discussion thread was fine, I guess (break card = upgrade level back to 0, but still keeping the item). Though personally, I wouldn't make it instantly zero, and I would make upgrade stones harder to get instead. Such as them dropping only or mostly in dungeons, which makes people keep farming them after already getting the gear they want + farming more gear to sell to others in the process.

As for rates, you could make them a bit harder to balance it out, I suppose.

I'll be the one who disagrees with this suggestion, I don't like the idea of spending SP on things like kaioken and transformation, because even those few sp points can change a lot in your build depending on your class...

Yeah, but it's still the player's choice if he/she wants to sacrifice points to spend on the transformation (or whatever they want to spend them on). It's what builds are all about, enabling everyone to be different and play their character the way they want to. Maybe to some people, using those points there might "change a lot" in a good way.

Given the fact that the classes will be balanced out in the end (maybe some skills might even take less points to max out in the future, who knows), you can rest assured that it would stay that way, if this idea does get implemented.

No. This was removed for a reason. Most people would have a hard time typing out someone's name to use it with the game's various functions that requires that action.

Chinese characters will be available in the Chinese server, though.