Posts by Kirito

For example, the people who were flooding the market with these high upgraded items for kid budo were the ones who were mass afk farming tokens, and they were purposely overpricing them a lot, which was ruining that part of the game. Now the affected prices are still recovering. Other than that, exploiting the system to have such advantages over other players is also not good, so we had to do something about it.

The thing is, I don't think we can prevent people from dual clienting. There's always a way to bypass it and I personally haven't heard of any game that people haven't been able to dual client.

To each their own, but I still don't think there's a point in rewarding people who are AFK. Being able to receive tokens while playing, and knowing that there's rewards with fair prices (coming soon) that I really want to get by doing so, it makes me want to play more.

In most, if not all games, it's true that the economy always keeps inflating. Prices go up, but that also makes it easier to make higher amounts with good drops, at least. The most we can do is slow down the process as much as possible and try to implement new sinks in smart ways. But deflation does happen sometimes. Also, your English is fine.

I do understand what you meant perfectly. I know that just adding more days would've prevented (most of) the complaining about stealing dragon ball mobs, however, this was more of an attempt at fixing both issues that went wrong, albeit temporarily. I personally would prefer to have both systems in the game (this one and the random spawn for people who like flying around), which I'll try to pitch, but I don't currently have an answer as to whether that'll happen.

As for the team testing it, yes, I've farmed them on both systems and I'm getting around the same results right now (around a full set in a day), despite the current state being harder without the db mob lock system implemented yet, meaning I'll probably get more dragon balls once that's done (assuming my luck doesn't change much next time). As a second example, another member of the staff got even more dragon balls than that.

I understand that the recent hunts, especially the last one, did unfortunately suck for a lot of people, but what matters now is that it's being permanently (and hopefully) fixed soon.

As for the aggro system, I agree. I hope it goes it goes back to normal and that we don't have messy situations like these happening out of nowhere again, regardless of these results not having been intended.

And kudos for good discussion.

Positive feedback? What?
    The actual system is bugged, just read what i said up there.
    There was nothing wrong with the old aggro system, DW and SK could keep the aggro. This was a useless change just to make it worst.
    Why you guys changed the aggro system since nobody complains about it? The only people that complain about the original aggro system was SK players that couldn't hold aggro because they didn't get skills to hold it!
    Just turn the aggro system back how it was in official servers (and here at the open beta start) and it will work perfectly.

I wasn't talking about the update that completely broke the aggro system, that obviously didn't have positive feedback. I meant solely from a tank aggro fix that came afterwards, as I actually saw some reports from DW saying it improved it, so I'm just passing along what I know. But again, like I said, if it's still broken, then it won't be left like that. As you probably know, I can't really force Daneos to change it back to the same exact old system, but with all the proof that there's still problems, then he'll either revert back or manage to fix the current one. He's not going to ignore the issue, so don't worry.

I was going to add your points but since you did I just quoted you, but I disagree on the tourny part. There are a lot of problem with ranked right now.

- Players can just quit and not lose points, you won't get any as well

- Parties can still farm, get 3 times as much mudosa, all members will get em as well and each member will participate in solo budokai

- Players that shouldn't participate can still register and get called, but they will crash inside, either way those players still deny entry to those that have the rights to enter.

- The tournament time restrictions make it so some players can not participate which is unfair.

Daneos will probably read this, but I'll pass your report of these issues along to him, just in case. Thank you.

Kaioshin Vall DB Hunt: Yes, I do know that. That was the whole point of me mentioning more days, both in my previous post and on another one I've made a few days ago stating plans for that. However, you haven't really been paying attention since the start of OB, because most of the complaints have indeed been about people stealing mobs. Before that, a lot people had no problems getting around full sets in a single day (a lot of them still managed to do just fine in OB's conditions too), so other than some being unlucky, the actual drop rate has always been fine as it is. Many even repeated this recently in other threads.

Schedule only having one day has been poorly accepted and been common knowledge for quite a while now, and again, it was already stated that there will be more days. And yes, it will help in this current system because then people won't be forced to all flock together to that specific unique day of the week at those exact times. That change, along with the db mob lock system that I mentioned, will solve both those issues in the dragon ball hunt event.

Token Shop: Actually, it will. People are rewarded for playing, so having prices reduced (to less than half imo) would balance things out. Adding more items to it will make the game even more f2p-friendly. It's a win-win. There's no point in rewarding someone afk, that makes zero sense. This way, we kill two major issues that the old token system was causing + people get rewarded more. The only problem was indeed the one I stated about not having all of it done at the same time. However, the issues caused by mass farmers were getting very out of hand, so it was more of an emergency to prevent permanent damage to the economy and the game, if you think about it. This aftermath issue, however, is merely temporary.

All the other stuff doesn't really say much else, it's either just a repeat or conflicting subjective statements between us, while also ignoring some of the possible consequences I mentioned earlier, so I'll leave it at that. We'll try to do better on the mistakes that did happen, though.

Lamao i don't know if Moddo's are reading what most of us wanna or they just don't understand u wanna change the token shop to make us get as much fun as possible so why u don't increase the amount of tokens we get know ? why u don't decrease the token shop prices ...

Make it 2 tokens for each 1 minute or just make the token shop prices /2 to make it fair ..

Sounds like you didn't read, in this case though lol

Check back on Page 1 again.

I'm making this post to express my personal opinion on these matters, mixed in with some useful factual information. Even though all of what was posted above has already been talked about multiple times before and everyone is aware of it.

I will give you points on the following:

- Not enough detailed information in the update posts;

- Two of the recent changes only being applied halfway, while waiting for the final implementations a week or two later.

Now, tackling each topic individually.

• Dragon Ball Hunt changes

Not like this one needed a detailed explanation, given the amount of threads prior to this change, complaining about how there were not enough db mobs for this many players in the server. Sure, removing the random db spawns on pre-living monsters upset some people, mostly the ones who don't read the forums and updates to know how the new system works, but a 20% spawn rate is really high, meaning you don't even need to be an AOE class. I know you're bound to find scumbags who'll do anything steal your db mobs if you try to farm out in the open, but that's what brings me to my next point.

As previously mentioned, this is one of the changes that was delivered in an incomplete manner and it would've been fine with everyone (except the lazy db mob campers) if it wasn't. The two changes that are missing and that will be coming soon are: More hunt days with different times to fit everyone's schedules and a db mob lock system that Daneos is working on, which will protect your db mobs.

It was either: wait another week without changing anything (meaning everyone would still keep raging about "not enough db mobs"); or try this part of the new changes to see how it goes. However, we apologize for any minor inconvenience this might have caused you last Saturday.

• Token Point changes

The people using dual client to afk farm weren't really ruining server stability that much. It seems you might have not been paying much attention to this subject, but the biggest issues regarding this were the clear advantage that mass farmers were getting from upgrading pre-30 gear (to use in kid budo or to sell) and the impact it was having on the economy.

Again, it is the other case in which you got a point, because it was also an incomplete change. There will be adjustments to the Token Shop prices and possibly new items added as well. It's painfully obvious that the new system isn't meant to work with the old prices and that we wouldn't just leave it like that.

• Tank aggro changes

I see a lot of assumptions on this one. First of all, the update that ruined tanks' aggro wasn't even intended to do that, and no, it wasn't because people "love SK". Plus, there's already been a fix implemented that we've been getting some positive feedback from, and if anything needs to be further adjusted, it will be.

• Class balance changes

I don't really see the point of this topic in the middle of all this. Just seems a bit random, but sure, I'll share my 2 cents. I understand there's people who have that opinion, however, I don't believe that "balance" in this genre of games should be like Pokémon. I think every class should have a chance to succeed in either PvE or PvP, with one thing deciding which one of those paths they can master: their build.

• Tournament changes

When I first heard of this change (before it was implemented), I was also a bit skeptical and worried, but that was because I hadn't thought everything through and didn't have all the information yet. A few minutes later, I was okay with it.

Also, "copy and paste the code 5 more times"? First of all, that's clearly not how it works, and secondly, what would you even do with that many tournaments if the amount of players applying wouldn't even be able to come close to filling two of them? "Drama"..? Anyway, here's a few factors to consider:

- It's a priority system, not a requirement.

- You don't have to do Ranked Battles to participate because not all ~400 players will be no-lifing them.

- People who prefer/are into PvP will have more of a chance to participate, which they deserve. Again, the rest can still easily join.

- Ranked points reset every week, so every one has a chance, no matter how late they start getting into PvP.

- Having more tournaments right now wouldn't work, because only having a portion joining the other one would be unfair for the ones in the main instance. Not to mention how the system also gives priority to levels, the second instance would just be easy wins and easy auras/titles, so your idea would actually make people complain even more.

Can't tell if the minimum level question is a serious one, but you should probably know the answer now.

• Crafting system changes

Last but not least. Yes, the crafting prices are high. Yes, farming Zeni for it becomes easier and easier with each cap raise. The limitations added to the crafting system were to prevent flooding the game with a bunch of strong gear that's much higher than the current level cap. Yes, there should've been more detailed information explaining this in the update post.

Finally, to point out a few things from the ending there, these are called "testing phases" for a reason. Sure, some more controversial ideas can use a poll and discussion from time to time, but I personally don't think that Daneos should have to ask the community for permission for every single thing before he updates. The community already fights between itself enough as it is. We always take the community's feedback into consideration, that's how a lot of the in-staff discussions are started, not just by suggestions made by staff members, and it's also how a lot of decisions are reached - there's been serveral cases of community influence on decisions. We all pitch in with our different opinions to try to counter each other and reach the best possible solution (that includes you too), but a lot things sometimes "sound better on paper" and then end up not being executed so well. That's why we also need mass-population testing and feedback for some of the changes, after they've been tried - which can easily be re-adjusted the next week or two, an amount of time that's not really hard to wait, at all.

Anyway, going back to the lack of explanations part, I would like to mention that I have felt the same way and that's why I've pitched an idea to Daneos that he seems to agree with so far. Instead of having Daneos sacrifice an easy-to-read listing of the changes, which some people might prefer, we will possibly start including a link to a detailed patch notes thread, which (as it suggests) will give more info on these important changes, with some images and everything. Not only that, but you'll also be able to comment and post your opinions in that thread.

Cheers.

The suggestion to reduce Token Shop prices has already been made since Day 1 of the recent update. Whether it'll happen or not, I personally hope it does, but I don't have an answer for that right now. We'll most likely find out sometime soon or after the next maintenance.

Cheers.

Already made a statement in the other thread. There will be a change in the next update that will make it easier for everyone to get more dragon balls. Still working on getting a new schedule with more hunt times.

That being said, there are already other threads discussing this matter, so creating a new one was unnecessary. Therefore, I'll be closing this one now.

I'd say the drop rate of the balls themselves is fine. Many people, including myself, still manage to get around a full set in a day, although there's others who aren't so lucky, of course. The playerbase is still increasing and that has a big impact.

However, we do have something in the works that will make it easier to get dragon balls, which is planned for next maintenance's update. We believe people will be happy with the results.

P.S: No schedule changes yet, but we're working on it.

Your opinions have been stated and heard. There are things that need to be improved (and have already been a work in progress so far) and some other things just seem to be misunderstood, at least by some members of the community. Either way, we'll continue to work to make things better for everyone.

However, before this thread gets any further out of hand, we'll be closing it now, since no more constructive is being given and all that's left are members going at each other's throats. You don't have to like each other's opinions, but please be nice, or at least follow the rules within our platforms.

Cheers.

Ok this is my answer to what you said. If this game is going by the real life logic. Then players in the party can do the missions together even when they are apart 1.5 kilometers. Because if they need to kill something and get something from a mob, a party member could easily do that and carry the requiered item to his party member for the mission. If you have any understanding about what I said you surelly would think the same. The bug or whatever happened with that was great, and now you made the game more boring and a pain to play. Because some of the people will lose their flying jet and it will be really hard for them to do the missions. If you still think that the "fix" that you people did with this is allright then I have no words to that. I love the game, but with this change you just made the game worse.

I understand what you're saying, however, not only do we feel like it would be making things too easy (this is an MMORPG afterall, and there's even games where you need to hit the mob for it to count), but it would also be helping bots out tremendously, which we do not want and I'm sure there's also other players who would agree. Unfortunately, it's not really possible to accommodate everyone, so it seems like this is how this particular feature is going to stay, for now.

Just to disprove any suspicions of this: The drop rate has not been changed.

Aside from the fact that there's no actual need to rush, once people's levels spread out a bit more, it'll become a bit easier to hunt. But so far, you still have all the chances to easily get at least a full set in a day, from both sessions. It's just luck.

Actually, having a distance limit on this is also how it used to be in the old DBO. Perhaps, at one point, it didn't have that limit but then it was later fixed? A bug occurred in DBOG, where kills would count for people who would be in completely separate maps, but this has been fixed. It is more logical for quest progress to advance for people who are actually nearby.

The current range goes around (if not exactly) the player's maximum view range and we feel like this is plenty enough. I passed your suggestion on to the big man himself and he confirmed that there are currently no plans to increase the range. Sorry.