Posts by oEffy

What a nice job you've done here. By the way, if i play DBOG 1.0, which one should i download? "for korean client" or "for taiwan client"?

Hi,

sorry i was pretty occupied with work.

1.0 is taiwan client.

From the look of the error it looks like you need to install microsoft visual c++

Idk it worked for me from the beginning, I think I had it installed tho.

Please try it and tell me if it works.

If not I can try to upload my tex.paks this weekend.

I'd prefere not to, the problem with that way is that:

- I need to look if i have one version without the mods I am using installed

- You have to redo it if at one time daneos adds a new texture for a new model

- you need all tex.paks so thats 1-2 GB (I use workupload since you don't have to register and they don't delete, but ppl say it is slow to download^^)

it is not necessary to retexture anything to create that set, you have the official armor in the game, the problem is that it is a level 30 craft armor and not a dogi as it should be, it would be good if we put together an order to DBOG Team to add it like dogi

The photo is from official DBO 2013, but in DBOG there is also the same armor

Sadly armors for each race with gender having 3 model files while dogis having 1 model file.

Atm I don't think anyone has a method to make 1 out of 3.

(Maybe someone can do something with an hex editor, but it won't be as simple as just copy paste all 3 codes into one)

Hi,

currently I am working on a retexture.

900 textures haven been adjusted, mostly plants, floors, rocks, some builidings and some objects. 3200 Objects are still jet to be touched (so far I don't plan to adjust npcs/dogis, just the world itself).

I will update from time to time, but I wanted to share the progress, to see if there even is an interest in it.

The textures are the originall ones from dbo, in almost all cases I just doubled the resolution and decreasing the pixelate effect by making it smoother. For example (left original, right mine):

b94002f56abfab05799cdf2f72e3bd51.png

Here is a quick preview of the unfinished mod:

https://youtu.be/9THaYAi6xhM

How to install:

From what I see the names for tw and korean client are the same, just one has about 3 textures more.

You need this tool with it's .dll:

for korean client

for tw client

The new textures can be downloaded here:

Retexture_900done

Don't forget to back-up

You can either copy the unpacker tool and the .dll into your main game folder, or create a seperate folder somewhere else (I would recommend, I atleast allways need to give additional permission to overwrite, so the tool doesn't work on my original game path).

If you create a seperate folder somewhere else, copy all tex.pak, tex01.pak...files into a pack folder (you can do all pak files but it takes longer and isn't needed), like this:

3ae891a0cebb6fa1eff4c0c6cbbda50a.png

Run the PackEditor.exe as administrator.

Click on unpack:

f624944845c4ff2b01a4cc605e6c01f2.png

Then just check texture and uncheck everything else (if you are in the original game path, or copied all .pak files you can do the others too, but it will take some time)

5a862d1bea16580854cc89b16f26eb72.png

After it is finished you have a new "texture" folder with all the current texture files in your used folder.

Now copy my new textures and overwrite them in the created texture folder.

When it is finished click in the Pack Editor on "Export Texture"

78569efdf1b34e139fc72552857fcab1.png

After it is done the files in your pack folder have been updated with the new textures.

Now you just need to copy them and overwrite them in your original dbo path (or do nothing if you didn't create a seperate folder somewhere)

Then start the game

Have fun!

Hi,

I don't really have any programming or server skills but as a modder I looked at the files from the "Resource Folder" postet by Daneos.

What I can see is that in the Script folder (resulting in scr.pak and scr0.pak) some parts are missing compared to tw.

I believe that is the reason for e.g. not having upgrade auras apart from +1 (missing itemupgradeproperty.xml) or for the cc150 aura (missing titleeffect.xml) not beginning at the bottom.

I tried for myself on a server I have access on for some hours but I came to a point where I hit a wall.

My Problems:

- The scr.pak and scr0.pak I copy or create myself either not changing anything or making the game crash.

- I found the original client with all updates, but the updates are RTP format so I can't use them to get the right version to try a copy & paste. (Link below)

Since i guess everybody has that problem I want to share what I found out, maybe someone knows how to use it to get a solution.

I will do so with the example of the itemupgradproperty for upgrade auras.

First I tried to copy a "completer" scr.pak and scr0.pak version. What I found out:

Client 0.90.4

Downloaded from

http://forum.ragezone.com/f880…se-client-0-90-a-1038646/

Doesn't have item upgrade proptertys in his scripts

I found another Client 1.0.27

https://www.fileplanet.com/arc…ll-Online-Client/download

Here the code for the item upgrade protpertys showing up in the scripts

(It shows up in the end of the scr0.pak opened with notepadd++, starting line 14889. In tw script it starts earlier)

In case you want the script pak files to get the code: https://workupload.com/archive/MRxdrSgg

- So first thing I tried was copy & paste scr.pak and scr0.pak into the client --> it crashes

- Next thing I tried was using unpacker tools to get the script folders. --> They didn't work

- Then I treid copying it manually into scr0.pak using notepadd++ --> not working since it changes the lenght (need to adapt the scr.pak to it but for my skills it is too much encrypted)

- So I made a file calling it "itemupgradeproperty.xml" and copying the code into it. Then add it to the script folder and use the unpacker tool to make a scr.pak and scr0.pak of it. --> The game isn't crashing but it ignores my changes...

Maybe some of you knowing how to get the code acknowledged...

From my comparison they seem to be very close to the tw ones, maybe it is working with all other missing scripts too (e.g. cc150 title aura position)

The last thing I tried was finding the right client to copy and paste the scripts, but

- idk what version this is (for 0.5 already having cc150 aura, is it a mixture?)

- I found all the patch files and wanted to look comparing with the number of objxy.pak or other pak numbers in the client how far I would need to patch.

But I didn't even get that far. All the patches have the RTP format and I can't get the original netmarble client to upload.

In case you want the original client install and patch files, the link of tw,hk,kr and a kr test server are on the main page of http://dbocom.com/

They have a torrent (no seeders) and megaupload (43gb but you can choose what to download) https://mega.nz/#F!ruIXkAoD!ovOlIJueBH9R-lDPtQv2jw

I tried that but when I do, all I get is a charging animation that has no aura instead of the one I want.

Normally it should work. No aura seems that something went wrong.

Try it again. Best is to switch, if you use it for e.g. +10 paste the +15 part there and the +10 part to +15 then.

If you use notepad++ you can look if the lenght of the file stays the same. It has to in order for it to work.

Do you know if is possible to use Namek animations on humans? For example Namekian RP Charge animation on a Human male.

I tried to change hum_rp_charge_cast & start with namekian ones but the game crashes each time I try charge RP with human, am I doing something wrong or is not possible?

From my experience you need the right race and gender for it not to crash, but I've never fully tested it

For Dogis i don't know any mod.

I can only provide you with this:

Those are 2 textures that are making the hail wings and silver glasses invisible.

4ee08727aafd4957fa4b749d7a51e806.png

If you don't want to see a helmet, you can exchange the helmet model with a hair model too (i am doing so too in this screenshot)

PS: I know that hackers could get there only. Screenshoots are from Hong Kong version of DBO. Me and my mate were teleported in party here to explore by guy from china.

You can get there in this client too. Almost every one can actually without any hack, you just need to get creative a bit...

Or just make an alternative account with a low lvl character with a pet with party summon and ask around for a player to port you there. That's how most player farming there. Not that it helps, the farming spots are also taken most of the times anyways.

For Stone drops I don't think much will be added in the old client anymore anyways. Or shouldn't be, full focus on the new client so it doesn't get Winter 2025.

But i wouldn't mind much, pvp is about 2-3 classes now with all that high upgraded gear around anyways.

maybe it is a dogi you are seeing :D:D

I bet he just is an old player.

so why is it that I can see some players crazy modifications? I see the zamasu mod a lot too. its been trippin me out

There are 6 Dogis Daneos added. Zamasu, Yardrat, a orange/red Goku one and 3 tuxedos. You can get them after the turtrial in a capsule. Or as boss drop (or the capsule from auction house)

Here is a tutorial for human female. The logic is the same for all, you need to look for the files of your class and gender and if you are using a child character, the files you need maybe named different (e.g. ..._ch_...)

Hmm, almost thought so, that it will change everything :(.

Best is to experiment a bit or use a ssj hairstyle you like as a dogi/as your no ssj hairstyle, they only have 1 base.

You can do so by switching in obj.pak - you need the right name tho, iirc there child characters have different names there

1c474913ebdbe585752989d567b7dccf.png

ssj are those ending with _s, you want those without.

Those without _s you can try, idk how your base haircolor influences it, i allways just used ssj hairstyles as dogi with different colors. And ssj has no base color apart from the texture i guess.

Yours should be a_hum_m_head01.dss (the last one in the screenshot).

Either it works with your green one, or if not maybe try to make the original a bit darker79bc15c35c27f9cf20ef407d68718975.png

theres a bit of blue in the badge but apart from that, looks great dude, if possible i would add a black trim on the boots, like gokus if possible just to make it stand out that little more. but apart from that its great

(noticed it looks great on namekians also)

Alright, fixed the blue on the badge and the position a bit. I also took some time to add the details to the boots (at least as good as i can do with my level of skill). Pants are untouched.

Please let me see the result, i didn't install it to check.

https://workupload.com/file/ZHvaMFbT

Release Piccolo instead of Craft Armor lvl70 (click on the picture to download):

4b56ce30d9abd8eb5186902edcaef312.png

For the jacket file ..._j_... the S1 to S5 stands for the skin color you choose when creating the character. E.G. in this Screenshot it was the 5th skin color, so i have to overwrite a_bs_10_j_n_o_s5.dff

Path for the .dffs in obj.pak is item\mesh_battlesuit

Since you have a gearglow like this when upgrading:

3e011af0460973e0b5c8c7b0e421c92f.gif

You can also mod the glow to a little white stripe or to nothing, or to a mixture. (Click on one of the gifs to download both versions)

447d46bacbbaa411f8baf560978c9110.gif 928f1d4db9d767b50ce861f72866ab4e.gif

(if you look at the files in the original folder there, you can see which file overwrites which upgrade ranges)