Posts by Doodlehead

gm.cpp details the commands and their admin level, gm.h>NtlAdmin.h details the admin levels... but I'm too dumb at this to find where it's looking at to 'enable' my character to execute these commands. ADMIN_LEVEL_NONE commands work, as they should... how do I make myself ADMIN_LEVEL_GAME_MASTER and/or ADMIN_LEVEL_ADMIN?

The Account table has Admin column, and I've tried 1-10, testing @setspeed ##. Character is set to GM=1. No dice.

Just wanna have some fun while I mess around with the code and learn. :P

On VS2019, yeah. I have the v141 and v142 tools. When I went to build them the first time, it failed to find the v80 build tools, so I installed VS2010 and Daffodil, which solved that problem. Now just the cl.exe cannot be found. v141 and v142 have the cl.exe file - not seeing it in the v80 files. I'm not sure where it's trying to find the cl.exe... would be nice if it just told me where it was looking so I could copy the cl.exe from v141 or v142, and it would likely continue no problem...

Generic error TRK0005 due to CL.exe not being found when building TSTool and PackEditor. I'd like to avoid re-targeting, as I'm not sure of the outcome if I start down that path. Switching off of v80 either results in the same error, or missing h files.

I'm sure this has been run across by now. Any ideas? Do I need to hop out of the GUI and go PS or CMD? Or is this as simple as adding an environment variable path?

Oh, I'm definitely in. Not sure how much help I'll be, but I've already been tinkering locally, and dissecting the code. Reminds me of the Ragezone days...

They should get rid of this book in total, or make it available for all classes. And if they to it should do the same for male and female.. but ban it from Budokai! Need RP? Buy RP pots!

I concur. Pretty sure this, and the fighter pot, was simply brought in to help alleviate the complaints of unevenness in classes. Sloppy band-aid fix.

I'm more curious, which I'm guessing is on the coding side, of how initial betas with level caps will work... And how areas will be blocked off to prevent entry, like in retail. My inner geek needs to know how this'll work... :wacko:

Nahh, I think Shenron should give 0 Zeni, and make your money the old fashion way of a regular MMORPG.

I agree, to a certain extent. Keeping the wish at 500k would be sufficient, because most won't waste their wish on it. The few who are desperate will. So, while not 0 zeni, it's still not enough to convince most it's worth it.

I don't like the term "Died", so i just kept telling myself that DBO is in Maintenance, a really really really LONG maintenance.
    That's how i thought until DBO:R and Now finally DBOG

Hahaha! Good attitude. That's right. Just down for maintenance. Ignorance is bliss. I like the way you think! :D

I totally Agree with you my friend , this will bring more Peace and more chances to get DBs but don't forget that it'll make the game alot easier , anyway i'd go for a week which 7 days ( 7 days = 7 dragonballs ) so you only Wish once every two months , this will be GREAT.

I actually didn't have a problem with the way this was in retail. I enjoyed the DB hunting hours, and often found myself signing on just to do this event. If it was always on, it's just one less reason to 'check in' once in awhile for those casual players. Not all of us are hardcore. The drop rate was already crazy low, and I think it was just fine, IMO.

Your idea ain't bad..! I would skip the "Global Coin" part tho.. Just give out Wagu coins on a low amount of course the harder the dungeon/tmq the more you get.. We still know what is planned with "cashshop" maybe all stuff there will be paid with wagu coins too.. Lets just wait and see what they decide..

Dropped wagu coins is a good idea. Provided things in the cash shop were high cost in wagu coins, much like they were in retail, this would be a great way to encourage constant play. Having 'capsule' bundles of LP/EP regen items, etc., for around 700 wagus. Would keep from everyone having luxury items without trying hard.

whats wrong being equal in gears ?? u guys are used to P2W games alot

I don't have a problem being equal. But, if an upgrade system is to be implemented, it's there for a reason: risk for reward. It's not there to be a factor everyone must complete in order to be equal; it's an opportunity to be better.

I literally had no idea it was different per-class... Something makes me think I knew this... but I don't ever remember acknowledging this in-game. Weird. ?(