Posts by Shyruni

Yeah, I agree with the majority here, I don't see why balancing is a bad idea. There's nothing wrong with further polish so long as it doesn't destroy anything.

I get and don't get the item break thing. If they just removed the item break and that was it, I would think it would be too easy, but my guess is that they're going to replace it with something somewhat less painful, like instantly bringing it to zero or something, preventing further upgrades for a day, or something. You can make upgrading difficult without the stress of breaking stuff.

I might actually be one of the few people who likes the concept of level caps. DBOR, for those of you who don't know, is planning on starting with lvl 38 cap. I attempted to make a build for that cap, and was surprised at how difficult it was! Since you have fewer points to work with, you can't just get everything, you have to use your points sparingly, which I actually like. That's the point of level trees to begin with. I think 70 cap makes perfect sense, I honestly don't WANT to be able to buy every skill, that just seems OP to me.

That's all I got for now, pretty good thoughts so far! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

I do prefer the second one as well, it's much cleaner and simplistic. It's just the launcher, it doesn't need to give tons of visual info, it just needs to look nice, so I think the second works really well for that. :thumbup:

I could definitely see the improvements in the server. It held way more people and I barely ever disconnected this time around (instead of every five seconds). The lack of skills and items made it harder to enjoy the Alpha, but there was still a lot to do and test out, and overall, I think it was very successful. BTW, sorry about all the constant skill complaints I saw (I gave some too, I take blame as well), for some reason I don't think most people understood why you removed them for second Alpha. But in the end, you guys did a good job, keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Hey bros, wassup?

So, I've been chillin on DBOG for a little while, and I as well as many others have been asking why skills are unusable. Quests you can do without, as they are mainly a secondary method of getting exp and having fun, but the lack of skills make grinding REALLY repetitive and boring. Not that the game is bad, it just lacks a very important element.

Now, normally I wouldn't have asked this at all, it is still Alpha after all. However, first Alpha already had skills AND quests. Sure there were some bugs, but they worked fine, I almost never had issues for them, so I don't understand why they would purposefully remove something that important.

This is a question, NOT a criticism. I'm asking the devs, mods, or someone else who might know why this is. If there's a reason, I completely understand, but a reason has not yet been given, so I can't think of any situation where it would be a good idea. So please, if anyone knows why, please let me know. Thanks! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Why do suggestions I saw in DBOR months ago keep suddenly popping up here? Weird.

Anyways, this was highly discussed in the DBOR forums, and a reasonable conclusion was figured out by the fanbase, though it's probably not going in.

The idea is that it would be an alternate transformation for Humans. You would have to get a wish from Shenron, but instead of becoming SSJ, you could wish for a tail and the ability to turn into Oozaru instead. He could probably work somewhat similarly to the Great Namekian. From what I've heard, there are some assets there for it, though I'm sure programming would be needed to make it work.

But I think it's a good idea. Since Humans are the most popular race, giving them a second transformation option isn't a bad idea. It also easily makes sense, as Humans have some Saiyan blood in them, and just like they can wish on Shenron to enhance it, they could do the same for Oozaru instead. As for how the transformation would work, they'd create an artificial moon (something simple like just throwing a large energy ball at the sky), then turn into Oozaru until the time of the moon runs out, then you'd transform back.

But anyways, that's just my opinion.

Agree with Muh The Darkness is somethink special for shenron.But the idea is still not bad

I don't see how that would collide. When Shenron appears, it's COMPLETE darkness, it's not like any other night, and can happen during day or night. It would still be special.

I agree that there should be at least some form of language-specific communication. Trade chat was so clogged up with multiple languages that a post written in your language would disappear in seconds to posts of a different language, making it more difficult to contact other people who speak it. I'm not sure language specific channels are necessary (though VERY common in professional MMOs), but I agree there should be some way to restrict chat or something.

Honestly, I feel like it would add a lot. I've always loved real cities at night, and DBO's landscape is pretty detailed. Traveling across the blueish grass of the Namekian area during a peaceful night sounds absolutely awesome. There's just so many possibilities for beautiful scenery with a Day/Night system, I think it could really add to the game. But that's just my opinion. :thumbup:

Dang, that's cool! I wonder if they're gonna fill in the empty spots of DBO's timeline, of if they're gonna separate themselves from that timeline entirely and aim for something new. Either way, that's pretty sweet, I'm glad Akira's so involved in these projects nowadays. :thumbup: :thumbsup:

I understand the suggestion, but I don't think it's a great idea. If this was a smaller project it would make more sense, but did you see how full the server was immediately upon the opening of Alpha? There were over 3000 total characters, and the server was full almost all the time. And this was FIRST ALPHA. Can you imagine how many people are going to be following this project by the time Beta is released?

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it would make sense. I do think there should be some way to contact friends on different channels to meet up (my apologies if there already is, I never played DBO), but just one server for Open Beta seems inadequate.

Holy hell, there are so many people on right now, I can't even log in!!! Why must you torture me so? T.T

Just kidding, I'm totally cool. For those of you in there right now, have a great time, the game's looking good! :thumbsup:

Just because DBO was a solid game doesn't mean we can't improve it. That's part of the point of this whole emulation: to not just bring back the game bigger and better than ever.

Good suggestion! I agree on that! Would be nice to see this done.. Starter Map should have atleast 80% chance for a drop that the race you are playing could use.. If you leave starter map everything can stay as it is..

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not a programmer myself, but I have a friend in programming, and if I understand it correctly this wouldn't be terribly hard to do. You'd just have to change enemy drop rates, and that would fix it I think. :thumbup:

I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult to fix, and just because it was in the previous game doesn't mean it's faultless. While grinding in the first area, I literally threw out over 30 items I obtained because they were either Majin or Human items. It's good that the more useful items are harder to get, but having completely useless items is a whole other story.

So, I've been playing on Alpha as a Namekian, and I've received quite a few non-Namekian drops. I can see this making sense in terms of later game where all races are together, but it doesn't make sense that areas Humans and Majins can't even access until lvl 20 have drops for them there, especially since they're low-level to begin with anyways. But anyways, just some thoughts. :thumbup:

Hey bros!

So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you properly download DBOG? I extracted the RAR file and finished the basic setup, but it won't run yet. There are two files that say DBOG Setup 1 and DBOG Setup 2, but I don't know how to open them. Did I do the process wrong, or is there something I have to do yet?