Posts by Shyruni

A very reasonable decision, and I'm glad you see Facebook likes for what they really mean as opposed what they can appear to mean. Take your time bros, do what needs to be done to make this game awesome! :thumbup:

Well good luck too all but still I don't get what is soo big deal about alpha anyway.

If you ask me, Testers should be ones who played DBO, the older the better.

The best for all of you is to wait finished game and play it and have fun, bugs free, well at least that is how I feel.

I agree and disagree. I do think it's important that the testers are professional and test it for the right reasons, but I don't think it should be purely DBO players. Nostalgia can create bias, and a good tester who has never played DBO before might be able to point out some great flaws that no one else had noticed. And as for why it's a big deal, while there are people who really want to play the game (guilty!!!! :thumbup: ), there are also people who legitimately like testing (me as well :thumbsup: ). I've alpha tested before, and it's a great experience. Sure, there are bugs and issues, but simply the feeling of having influence in a game I think is something people enjoy. I know I do!

So while I don't think it matters whether or not you've played DBO before, make sure that those of you who DO get keys don't just take this as a chance to play a game, but do what was requested and try to look for issues and suggest improvements, so that the devs can make this the best game they can! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Can we PLEASE keep this from becoming another DBOR bashing session?

The keys "should" be out tonight, I dunno. They've changed what they're said at least twice now (a few days after announcement of Alpha date, then April 15, then April 15-17), so they could change it again. Just wait patiently and the keys should be out soon.

No offense, but what on Earth would you do with more than 8 different characters??? It's gonna take some time to level the various characters up, perform all the quests, etc, how the heck would you ever have the time to have 8 different highly leveled characters to even need more? Nobody has that much time, bro! XD I mean, if that's what you want that's fine, but I don't think there'd be enough demand for that from the fanbase for them to give you two separate accounts. Plus couldn't you make two accounts if you really wanted to anyways? All you'd have to do is make a new email account or something. I hope I understood you correctly. :thumbup:

Not bad suggestion but I think the aura shouldn't expire because it is an achievement that you get by winning the tournament. It shouldn't disappear like you did nothing.
    Not everyone has the time to participate in each tournament because of the different time zones, school, job. It would be great to make the tournament at different times. The tournament could begin in the morning and another in the evening. Then everyone will be happy.
    I think the tournament winners should get better rewards like legendary dogi balls, silver box, ccbd pots, upgrade stones, etc. Then more people will be motivated to participate in the tournament.

I completely agree, better items would make much more sense. Not only would that give more motivation I think, but having auras seems like that could make you a bit OP depending on what it was. Still, the original idea still isn't bad. :thumbup:

Not a bad idea, though I'm not sure if the cash shop would be the best place for it. Merely wanting to change a simple thing like hair feels like quite a bit to ask actual money for. I feel like this should be an-game shop thing. As for a gender change, that makes more sense as a Dragon Ball wish, as being able to change your gender with money alone seems a bit weird. But that's just my opinion. :thumbup:

Not a bad idea! That'd be fun, proving that I'm the best Majin of them all! It'd be cool if the masters of each race could fight each other too, lulz. :thumbup:

Less than a week seems perfectly reasonable to me. This Alpha isn't so people have spend a decent amount of time playing the game, it's so they can determine how far they need to go before that can become a reality, and to find as many issues as possible. If it turns out that 3 days isn't enough that makes sense, but if they find all they need in 3 days, they don't have reason to keep it going. Best luck to the team! :thumbup:

Well, not all of the people who have keys are in school. Plus, they might need that amount of time to get some last minute bugs and such worked out. The point of Alpha testing isn't just so people can play the game, but so that they know what the gamers are looking for from their project, so they're looking for the more dedicated testers, most of which are probably college-age. I don't know for sure, just a guess.

I was a tad bit confused as to why it was labled DBOR or DBOG when the only part of that was at the very end, not to mention that a DBOR admin wasn't there for comparison, as just talking to a DBOG admin comparing it do DBOR could cause bias. Also feels a bit unprofessional, but I think quite a few important questions were answered, and an interview is better than no interview, so he gets a thumbs up from ol' Shyruni! :thumbup:

I would like to give my opinion on this one.
    Both projects deserve respect, most of the players doesnt know how hard is to build an emulator from a DEAD game, is way more difficult than if the game was still ALIVE. Doesnt matter how much time it takes to each team to accomplish their goals, the final form of it for the players is the same, a very playable game that we all miss a lot.
    I dont like this "friendly war" thats taking place, i think the DBO community should be united, doesnt matter where each player plays, the game we love is the same for all of us.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, i hope no one gets it in the wrong way. :love:

Cheers

The admin has spoken! :thumbup:

Also, welcome to the forums majinmusic!!!! I thought I recognized your name. :thumbup: :thumbsup: