Posts by Beji

I was playing the other day and was kinda taken by surprise by how much dialog still needed to be converted. I'm not complaining by any means, I understand that it probably took a back burner due to more pressing matters.

I'm not here to gripe about this, but instead I wanted to offer some suggestions regarding this, just incase the translations themselves take longer than anticipated. Perhaps it would be enough to merely create your own dialog to cover the objectives. For most of the quests it is enough to see where your objective is, and go there and fight it. So maybe some dialog created to just cover that, rather than trying to translate the language that is already there.

Of course it would have to be done in character to help the story of DBO, but it's just an idea. Some of the quests have no hints in what they require. These are the ones that don't involve killing mobs. But rather, the ones that explain some of the games core systems. One such quest is the armorer. Eventually through enough deductive reasoning most of these can be figured out but some of them still elude me.

As a final note, it has occured to me that perhaps this issue has been dealt with already, and simply not implemented because the development server seems to be open to all countries. If that is the case I am sorry for wasting your time.

Most Major MMOs don't have this type of system. Look at WoW, FFXIV, SWTOR. They use different types of armor. For instance, in almost every one of these cases there exists end game content inwhich a person undertakes arduous tasks in order to complete Raids, Operations, or w/e other instanced content you can think of. In hopes of obtaining better quality items.

Of course the "Saving Grace" to DBO's old system is that you can farm them on your own. That is an excuse that all of the mobile games/ Top-Up machines use so they can profit from our instant gratification seeking minds.

I want DBO to be liberated from this situation. As far as ideas, it would be a difficult road either way. They would have to completely remove certain NPC and quests, and rework an entire armor system. Sadly it just isn't easy. But making quality based items as opposed to +15 items would be much better. That is why you see most major MMOs using the Grey, Green, Blue, Purple item system.

Now, depending on how you want crafting to go, this could be an excellent way to improve on a crafting system. Allowing players to create higher quality items throughout leveling (That is higher quality than is a common find from killing mobs.) and then as far as level cap gear goes, having endgame content to get the best gear you can.

I'd like to see this system get completely redone. All of the items required to upgrade armor/weapons they break the DB feel of the game. Not to mention the main fact in regards to this type of upgrade system. No legitimate MMO uses it. This is the type of upgrade system you find in mobile games and other types of "Free to Play MMOs" which basically act as a money pit.

But then again perhaps it acts too much as a game mechanic already...I just feel slightly disgusted when I see this type of weapon and armor system. I'm certainly not blaming the current developers at all. But you can certainly tell just by looking at this game where the original creators intended on making a majority of their money.

Hey all, I was really looking forward to playing this game today but after I unzipped the folder, I saw no contents regarding an installer. I was wondering if there was an easy fix to this or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!