Posts by ethanvolcano21

"The reason why there isn't a very solid reason to go against lower caps is because there isn't one. Most people just want lvl 70 because they never had a chance to reach it..."

Most people Want the full game released because they want the full game released... I concede that I personally want to reach the cap ASAP, as previously I've never gotten past level 50. While I can reach the cap now, I have no reason to as I'll be restricted to my base class, The armor upgrading system is irrelevant right now, pvp is unbalanced as crap, And I can't even unlock my transformation/Do TMQ's/Or unlock passives without asking for em. Point is, Implementing a level cap is a foolish tactic meant to impede the progress of those who want to excel As soon as possible, which is a ludicrous suggestion!

The lvl cap will give everyone a chance to grind zeni, gear and what not to prepare for the upcoming cap. It does provide a longer lifespan because it gives people something to look forward to.

So what? The final level cap will do the same! Just in different areas! You think that just beacuse you wont have as good gear, you're going to have to strategize? How would introducing an upper limit alter that in any way?! That's what I'm saying, that you're doing *nothing* but encouraging late game behavior at an earlier period. Some players will still choose to strategize to complete the TMQ's/Dungeons meant for their levels, by removing content, you're effectively forcing the player to do THAT ONE DUNGEON, because X reason. (Please explain what X is) And it won't give us anything to look forward to, because you're only re-releasing content that we're already familiar with! I bring up the 10% game analogy: how would you feel if a new game was being released, but there were a small group of people suggesting how people should only be able to play 10% of it per week? That's the position I'm in! It's nonsensical to me how people have waited this long for the game to be released, and now they're formulating reasons to restrict how much of the game they can play!

You keep saying how implementing a level cap will do X, but have yet to demonstrate/present evidence for such a claim.

"Well, I don't think you can really speak for the majority there, ethan"

The same goes for you! I don't claim to speak for the whole community, unlike you who want to change the entire game without the community's consent.

But anyways, your argument is that it's pointless because only a minority of people will be stopped by the level cap, correct? What if I told you that that's exactly what game developers intend to happen when they do this? By placing a level cap like that at the start, it will give that majority you're talking about a more fair chance of catching up, while the people who rush can still compete against each other on equal footing while the cap isn't raised.

That like releasing a New Call of Duty game, but only allowing player to prestige after 2 weeks... WHY?! Once again, you've failed to provide evidence for these assertions: How exactly, will limiting the level players achieve somehow "ameliorate" the level gap between players? And with this hypothetical gap... Why is it a problem? Is it somehow "unfair" that people who play more will become a higher level? You're insinuating that it's somehow "unfair" to people who don't play as much to not be as high of a level as other players, which is an absurd mentality when it comes to gaming! You're essentially punishing the players who're willing to spend more time on the game... for wanting to spend more time on the game. And if the cap isn't even going to last a month, this would only post pone the inevitable, which would AGAIN, defeat the point of the initial claim: If you think implementing a level cap would lower the gap, the gap would return shortly after, making the cap pointless to begin with.

Now, most of those are taken care of, but when the game is launched and there's a huge ton of people playing at the same time, someone's bound to find something new, as there is always that chance. So, again, Imagine that it's a critical bug and the server needs to be updated and rollbacked (or even worse, data wiped, which I hope never happens at that point). It would be pretty bad for everyone, you can't deny that.

I'm well aware of the fact that my characters could be wiped, as They already have been... But hopefully that won't occur during the full release, and implementing a cap would shorten the amount of gameplay there would even be in the full game! This does NOTHING but to obstruct the progression of the players who like to binge play their games! And regarding new content: What do you mean find something new? Every character gets the same quests and does them in the same order... The only difference between the adventures are the starting zones, and obviously the classes/races. Introducing a level cap wouldn't change this, it would only make it more difficult for players who play more to progress. You're encouraging the mentality that if something bad can happen, then it will happen, thusly we shouldn't take the risk at All! Even as we speak, we're playing on the founders server WITH THAT RISK IN MIND! We can accept the consequences of a server wipe, but WE SHOULDN'T REMOVE CONTENT AS A RESULT!

Scenario 2- Start with lv 55: like old dbo... It has been online for 2 years... So... Every level cap, is like a new game... New balance, new stats, new skills, new pve stuffs, gear combos...there wil be "something to do" every lv cap release..

No it's not... It's the same game you've waited 2 years for, and you're just restrict the content of it... Every cap wouldn't be a "new game" It'd be the game we knew and we already prepared for. While it's true that every new cap did change the meta, the changes weren't all that drastic. AS far As I know, the only class hit hard (and this was back in 2011) were the fighters, but I believe they needed to get nerfed. The classes in the game were balanced enough, and adding more levels allows for more variety. Again, Why would you play a game only to get to experience parts of it over a long duration?!

So again, I reiterate: By effectively removing 15% of the game, you're encouraging players to do late game behavior early on. People will still grind the same end-game dungeons, battle the same old pvp experts etc. The only distinction between the two scenarios would be the former has a multitude of features/attributes removed from it, thus diminishing the will to want to return to the game *even sooner*

@ethanvolcano21 Enough reasoning has already been presented. Anyways, you seem to think that starting off with a lower level cap means keeping it forever.

lol

No, Of course not, and I'm well aware of what you guy're suggesting.

Well i never reached level 70 at all, i never did pve at all in this game when it was available in TW or HK, i think making a lower level cap would improve gameplay experiencie, making new players like me, understand stats, how they work, what you must focus on and so on, when i was leveling my turtle, it was a completely mess up because i didn't even know what to focus on xD... hope they start with a low level cap, so we can do things till that while they work to get done higher level areas, making the release date sooner aswell.

So because you never reached the cap (granted neither did I) No one else should be allowed to? How is removing 40+ levels going to change the fact that the skills you chose weren't decent/That your skill tree was flawed? Why should the more pvp oriented players have to suffer the consequences of this? That's like saying People shouldn't prestige in Call Of duty, because too many noobs never get past rank 40...

Im asking for justification for such an opinion... Surely if you have a position on an issue, you can present evidence as to why you support such a stance!

Why is this even a debate?! Why the hell would anyone want to lower the level cap from 70?! People keep suggestng that people will stick around after they reach the lower level cap (50-55) And stick around for local pvp... how would getting to level 70 change that?! The moment I'd reach the level cap if it were 55, Why the hell would I keep playing? I'd have the best gear, my transformation, etc etc. PVP wouldn't be different, if anything it would be more restricted! But holy crap, I fail to recognize how lowering the level limit would somehow increase playtime! It's a paradox; It's an oxymoron! Keeping the original level limit would allow everyone to play/enjoy the finished experience, and not limit themselves to lower-level boring zones..

Lowering the level limit wouldn't change that! It's like if the Current WOW server god shut down, and the only private servers were the original vanilla version...! Why would anyone play the crappy version with less gear/armor/world to explore?! Why bother recreating the entire game if you're just gonna limit yourself to one segment of it?! It makes no sense! It's irrational! And It pisses me off how people would much rather restrict what was otherwise a perfect game for some arbitrary (and erroneous) reason!

In summation: IT's irrational to believe that lowering the level limit would somehow increase the experience, It's absurd to believe that the team has been working so hard to bring back the original game, and now people are complaining about it (REALLY?!), and why the hell would anyone want to keep playing after they've reached the level cap besides pvp/dungeons/Best gear?! Changing the level limit wouldn't alter this: It would only serve to lessen the time until this happens!

Huh... alright....

So then... Let's change the direction of this thread:

Why the hell would we even reinstitute the original cash shop? Do we really wanna establish a pay to win atmosphere, where we need to spend real money to buy a 30 day vehicle, and can purchase all the white stones we want? I don't think it's a wise decision to reestablish what was a already broken system... Is there no way that The server runners could implement a system in which Cash points could be earned in a manner similar to how T shop points are earned? If I recall correctly, There was a massive divide between english speaking players and foreigners, that being that the foreigners would kick our A$%'s in PvP because most of them were heavy cashers, do we really want to encourage the behavior?

i figured that the founders packs would have a loophole; that it only provides revenue for server development. And you ask why would netmarble sue? For the same reason ANY company would! a private server making money off a game they have no rights for?! Daenis can get the crap sued out of im! xD

point is, ive seen plenty of server revivals fail becayse they stepped too far over the biundries. The moment the server released, the server could very well be shut down, and people moght very well be arrested! This is a seruous issue! :O

But I'm saying that it's literally illegal for them to profit from this! This is a private server, and if they charge people in some way they might get sued by Wasabii or Netmarble! (or whoever else has rights to this...) (and wasn't this a non-profit server to begin with?)

I thought they'd implement a system in which perhaps you gain cash similar to how you gain T points, the longer you play the more cash points you get, or perhaps you get cash points from leveling, to encourage more players to make more characters :P

I just realized something: Wouldn't paying for a game that you don't own be a violation of the rights you have to run the server? How would the cash shop work? I'd be inclined to believe that there'd be a complete system overhaul, but how would that work? Why should we have to pay 40$ for a skill reset?! Why the heck would I waste hundreds of dollars on White stones!

God I hate the fact that I used to be a heavy casher XD, but that's besides the point:

What's going to happen to the cash shop upon the full release of the server?

So before the server restarted, I got to level 39 (by grinding) in the course of about a week... I got to level 20 in the first day though lol. So how far did you guys get? How long does it usually take to level? What's your best leveling Method? Come on and share your thoughts! :D

TBH, the reason I stopped leveling, was because at the time, spiritualist skills were abysmal xD. I had to spam kamehameha, and spiritball... over...and over... And ogre... IT just didn't seem worth it to keep going, considering I already unlocked all of my offensive skills, and my debuffs didn't even work, so in pvp I would keep getting rekt by MA's XD. Now Im playing as a Dragon Warrior, currently level 12 :P, but the thing is now I can have UNLIMITED EXP BOOSTS! >:D

I've read the recent updates posts from Daenos,It mentioned how shenron/Race transformations (Super Saiyan, Pure majin, Great Namek) have been added! does this mean that we can wish for these things, and obtain these skills permanently? And what about the rest of the wishes: Shenron armor/ Dragon Buffs/etc?

I'm experiencing a Black Screen after choosing my character: After I select the channel, rather than loading, It remains black.

And compounded by this, There's no sound in the main menu: the first cinematic has sound (the rubkis cube thing), but afterwards it remains silent.

I got to level 38, the DBOR level cap, within 3 days of gameplay... I got there only using the SAME 3 MOVES, spirit ball, ki blast barrage, and kamehameha... Over... and over... For almost 20 hours of grinding... TO implement a level cap would remove the incentive to level up. I Want to level up because as a turtle hermit (Despite me not being able to be one now :P) want to unlock Super and Giant Kamehame Ha! I want to be able to wish for ssh! And by implementing a level cap, you're likely to single out a race as the strongest. A level 34 names 3 shot me, mainly because my debuts don't work, but still! That's incredible...! Also, by implementing a level cap, you remove the urge to explore the world..! The enviornments, while kinda varied, are kinda lame up until the first level 40 zone. Then you have an ice biome, then you move to mushroom rocks north and south, which are just unique in general. Dark name was just beautiful, and papaya island had a decent setting. Why would you want to introduce a level cap? so the people (such as myself) who play more, won't get too far ahead..? That's like playing a minecraft server, where I can only place 100 more blocks than the person behind me... That's absurd!

So my Vote-70

The shronron gear apparently qualifies as quest gear, the stat bonuses it gives (constitution) are applied.

I've been using the merchant method, but I don't see why the entire process would cost millions... It's annoying having to randomly choose recipies because of the lack of translation... I spent 600k on recipies I can't even use, Namek weapons, etc.

I keep hearing that stats are irrelevant. Does that mean I should just travel naked? Im aware that stats like constitution etc dont work, but what about regular defense? What about the defense boost from upgrading? Is a +5 level 30 armor any different than it's base form? Is there a difference between level 1 armor, and level 70 armor?

Also... It takes 300kk?!?! 300,000,000?!?! :O How?! I only spent about 1.5kk to get to level 10, when does it get so difficult?!
    Also side note, forgot to mention, why does this guy have his master class in the video? xD

I literally just found out how to craft today... Idk if it's the servers fault, but every craft has been successful! Is it worth getting crafting to level 30..? I'm currently level 37, and Im still using the level 20 armor set I got from shrenron. I figured with crafting I could make something superior. My level 20 shenron armor is still as good as a level 40 armor set, (mainly because of the constitution+EP raisem and each piece is + 5 or above)

When I crafted several level 21 armor sets, they were still lacking compared to the shenron set

Quoted from "ethanvolcano21"

Im aware of the current path the development server is taking. The thing is, I just don't understand why they cant distribute transformations and flight If they're both fully functional? Wouldn't it be as simple as distributing the other passives? What makes these ones any different? Again, I don't have the zei to purchase the darn ssj pots, and I also lack the patience to wait in korin village all day in hopes of an event taking place. This wouldn't be beneficial only to me, it would be beneficial to everyone! It's a shame that people are actually selling they're passives for millions of zeni!

So, If these skills are both fully functional, (more so than kaioken xD) And they've already been implemeted, why can we only access these features with limited time potions?

Flight is available. All you need to do is ask Saito or Usa for it in-game, don't spam of course, and they usually give it to you. Ask for Flight and ssj pots. All the other stuff is being worked on of course, moreover master-class is like top priority or something right now xD

Ahh I see... Thank you both for your explanations... I suppose getting the master class ie: All of my skills xD, is the favorable option. And I didn't know I could ask for flight... Thanks!

Im aware of the current path the development server is taking. The thing is, I just don't understand why they cant distribute transformations and flight If they're both fully functional? Wouldn't it be as simple as distributing the other passives? What makes these ones any different? Again, I don't have the zei to purchase the darn ssj pots, and I also lack the patience to wait in korin village all day in hopes of an event taking place. This wouldn't be beneficial only to me, it would be beneficial to everyone! It's a shame that people are actually selling they're passives for millions of zeni!

So, If these skills are both fully functional, (more so than kaioken xD) And they've already been implemeted, why can we only access these features with limited time potions?

close this thread please. it's stupid

Not the kind of reaction I was expecting... Doesn't it bother you that you have to pay money for what we should be able to do for free? I mean transformations made the game feel more like... well, dragonball. The transformations made the game more fun!