Posts by ethanvolcano21

Guys clearly every feature that's in the game has been successful, so here are a few Ideas to make the game even MORE successful-

Solution 1:

Remove EXP entirely. Why bother allowing players to level up? Either destroy the curve, or make its slope impossible to achieve, make all mob give 1xp, and make it so each level is the same as the grind from level 69-70.

Reason: Clearly the current grind is too easy, and makes players quit the game too easily. Players should be devoted. This should be a roguelike community, either quit your job, divorce your wife, disown your kids, and play 24/7, or don't bother coming to the forums, because you don't have what it takes to be a super-saiyan 8)

Solution 2:

Make stones 100x Harder to collect. Or remove the permanent upgrades, and make it so gear only has any use if its +15, so +1-+14 add absolutely nothing

Reason: Game is too easy, too many noobs and whiners complain about the curve, well this way there's nothing to complain about. The loser cucks can leave the game, and only us hard-core bros can have the loot to ourselves

Solution 3:

The game has a low population: Why? Because clearly its too easy. The harder the game is, the more players it'll attract.

So here' a few side solutions:

Make mobs all have 10k LP, even at level 1, because only real super saiyans can play this game.

Make zeni harder to get

Make white stones cash only

Make upgrade system have 0.00001% chance for every level

Conclusion:

I'm sure you get my drift. Lets make DBO a "better" Game for everybody! :D

Play another game. Otherwise have fun grinding for literally 50 hours just to acquire the right gear, then another 400 just to upgrade it to a decent level. Expect several months of gameplay just to be able to START playing endgame content

Calling ppl that are into farming a lot no lifers, basement kids, not having jobs etc. is just a lazy answer.

It's called hyperbole, but the reason you seem triggered seems to indicate that there might be some truth to it?

People that accuse others, who want the game to be harder and taking more time, as no lifer etc. are just plain idiots. F*ck yall.

Seems to sum up how the community works, "I have no life, and want to devote a stupidly long amount of time into an admittedly boring & sh*tty game, and if you disagree with me, literally f*ck you"

lol

The question is just how hard will it be to get the stat you want at the end. Let's say you need 50 boxes right now for the right effect and you need to farm 10h for it. With this change you will only get 2 boxes in 10h and will get the right effect with 3 boxes.

What about if currently it takes 10 hours to farm 50 boxes, then we change it so it takes 20-30 hours to get 10, and the odds are adjusted to be more in your favor? This acts as a compromise so you still have to work harder to get gear.

They are so easy to get even if you lower their stats a bit, they make dungeons totally useless. No one would spent their time doing a dungeon alot of times just to get maybe 100 more defense.

What if they didn't only have 100 more defense? What if they were buffed? And had 2-300 more defense, and maybe even add a bonus, say if you have TMQ armor, the chances of upgrade are boosted by 5% or something. Give people an incentive to farm for it, and decrease its droprate to compensate for it. Also make it so that the stats on it can be much much much greater, right now max CON is 24, say that on a TMQ gear, Con would be 34+

That is to say, make TMQ gear more powerful, but don't make it Overpowered. A metagame should rely on skill not time spent grinding. So you can still compete, but you need to have more skill to still win.

I would say let's go 10 steps back (back to the state as it was on tw) and start balancing from there. On tw we also had botter and hackers but the economy and the game experience was never this bad as it is in dbog. You could do tmq 3 - 4 for months and it still was fun. At least from that point on we should making this game more fun (not more easy).

Alright, good Idea but the question is how we go about that? Because farming is not fun. Having to do nothing but farm stones and grind thoughtlessly for zeni is not fun. So what's your idea of fun? Having to grind up characters is also un fun, (45-55 grind being literal hell), so what solutions do you propose?

There are multiple ways to improve the grind without extending it. I care about progress. Nothing is more heartbreaking than saving 100 stones and having nothing to show for it. I'm fine with making boxes more rare, stones even rarer, even bringing back broken items back, but only if this makes progressing more likely.

You say you want boxes harder to get, so what about making them more usable? Make them 20x harder to get, but in exchange make it so they give better properties and remove some of the more useless ones. I'd be fine with that, because it meant that once you get a box its actually worth something.

You say you want to remove crafting, but how about just buffing non-crafted gear? Making it so that crafted gear can still be useful, but players who go above and beyond and farm TMQ gear are even more powerful?

You say you want stones to be rarer? I'm fine with that, but only if it means that stones are more likely to improve your armor. Improve the odds, but also make the stones harder to find, at least it guarantees progress by encouraging play.

So what do you think of these ideas?

But yeah everyone who is better then you or overcome harder obstacles then you is a "no lifer"

Also if you want to be one of the top players then yes you need to sacrifice more than others that's, how life works. But how about living in the "lower level" of the game? Just let the good players who spent more time into the game have +10 +12 and you +6-+8. Make sense?

Here's the thing: I don't wanna be one of the top players in the game, I just want to enjoy it. Believe me, if I were allowed to enjoy the content in this game then it would be a nonissue, but metagame content demands maxxed out gear to even compete, which leads to the farming problems. If gameplay is limited to loops of grinding until you can only just barely participate in end-game content, then something's very wrong. When you need to farm for 50 hours just to get +10 gear necessary for only more farming, then I'd rather use my time for something better.

Let a grind mmorpg be a grind mmorpg. If you don't want to play a grind mmorpg you need to play another game not try to change the game itself like the dbog team did

I'm not trying to change the game, as I'm typing this for the third time today, what part don't you understand? I'm saying that the grind is outrageous, and offers no stimulating experience. When you tell me to play other games, don't get me wrong- I literally am. Because coming back here is just a disappointment. You speak for the minority, whereas the game in its current state is dying, and nothing's being done to change it. The core of this games' problems involve time management, and the lack of availability of content. Players are leaving because they don't have time to play such a broken mess. And if the game fails to adapt, then it will die. Even hardcore players such as yourself are leaving. So what's to say now?

I like to believe that I represent the majority of the community who's fed up with these issues. The moment the community loses players who want to try and fix it in spite of its issues, the game's fate is sealed. So sure, leave the game as it is, but only if you want it to die

So, everything you just wrote points that you want it easy and fast,

lol exactly what I meant. You argue and argue, but in a community filled with such (and I dont mean to be insulting, but what else could you call people who obviously dont even care and just thoughtlessly reply) stupid people, it doesn't really matter. It shows that you didnt read what I say, (dunno if its because you lack reading comprehension above a 2nd grade level, or because you're just rude) so why bother responding? You only make yourself look bad.

You wouldn't need to worry about keeping up with the basement specimens and would be able to focus on your social responsibilities in a high rate server.

PS: Leave my mountain dew out of this.

Lol you guys outright admit that you're NEETs. Its sad.

(in case ya didn't know: NEET = Not in Education, Employment, or Training of any kind)

So you are saying because you lack the experience and time

Whoah whoah lets slow down there. Experience? I've been a player since KR and have witnessed the evolution of this game from the beginning. Regarding time: Yes, because unlike you basement dwelling person, I don't have time to devote my life to a silly game. I have school, relationships, I have to care for my family. I know you don't know what these things are, but I can assure you that they're far more important than any videogame. Its called having a life.

Because you hate others better than you are investing more time to be better then you you call them no lifers?

If you have to sacrifice your entire life to play a videogame with broken systems, and actively espouse it, then yes you have no life.

As to hating them? I don't hate you, I pity you. Its sad that you play games instead of going outside of your basement, dating someone, meeting new people, travelling, maybe getting a job, going back to school, do something that doesn't involve being by your computer all day.

. You want to enjoy the game? How about enjoy tmq 1-6 or uds instead of plat?

What do you think I've been doing? Its still boring considering you farm and make no progress doing these activities. In the time it takes to find a party that doesn't wipe, and get good gear, I could finish 5 dungeons on ESO, level up several times, and still have time to study and care for my family.

Lastly as I said before you can't change a grind mmorpg into something else that won't work.

If you'd bothered to read anything I said, you'd know that I'm not trying to argue that it SHOULD be anything else. I'm just saying that the grind, in its current state, is terribly broken and unfair for players who cannot devote 6 hours a day to grinding. What part of this is so difficult to comprehend? Can you step outside your basement and realize that people cannot play videogames all day long?

welcome in life that's how it is for all of us. But if you want something then you need to give up something else if you don't have the time for it.

lol lets not pretend you have a life to speak of when you forgo responsibilities. Did you seriously just admit that you should give up schooling, taking care of family, maintaining responsibilities, to play videogames? Case in Point, you sir have proven that you have no judgement. The moment you openly admit that videogames are more important than these things, you've admitted you have no life.

Well, trying to reach a consensus between both parties got us where we are right now, not satisfying either.

Let me take this quote from takaroku as an illustration of my point:

Well I know a few still going strong-

Well I know a few...

a few

The players who advocate a stupidly long grind are the Minority. The vocal minority, mind you, because most players aren't like me, who would wanna argue why everything they say is outrageous and wrong. Argumentation seems impossible considering that any time you criticize them they literally just accuse you of insults, they never read what you have to say, etc. So players just give up and move on to other games. I see potential in this game and I want to see it improve, so I stick around.

Anyways, these guys are in the minority because they have no lives, no jobs, no responsibilities, no relationships, no duties to society. They can just stick in their mothers basement and play DBOG all day long without a care in the world, so OF COURSE they would argue for a long grind, its not like they have anything better to do.

But unlike those players, I have schooling. I'm majoring in Biology and have to devote a large portion of my time actually studying for exams, instead of playing video-games covered in Cheeto's crumbs and drinking mountain dew all day. I have responsibilities to my friends and family, I have to make sure my GPA stays above a certain range, I have to ensure that I have time to look for internship opportunities, etc.

And that's just me. Hundreds of other players are in similar situations, where they don't have time to grind on a stupid mmorpg all day. You say that making the game easier makes it boring- False. Because making the game "easier" just means that people like me who don't have any basements to live in can still experience the game without having to devote an absurd amount of time to it. It makes the game more accessible and by extension more popular. And its not like the changes anyone advocates are so extreme. Its a matter of changing a 10 to a 20, or a 90 to an 80. Such minor changes can result in huge differences.

Its people who have no lives who're so triggered by the thought of a changing metagame.

Right now we have two types of players pulling each end of the rope, those who want things fast and easy, and those who prefer to grind their way up.

Not everything is black and white. The two "extremes" are between those who want a fair and balanced game, and those who want an impossible game. Just because we want some changes to fix obviously broken features of the game Does Not in Any way Imply that we're demanding for +15 gear. That's just a mistake in logic. It seems that the only way people who like grinding in their basement forever can rationalize wanting a better game is to make it so stupidly easy that killing one mob gets you to level 80.

This is false, and a vast oversimplification.

Nobody is arguing that.

Nobody has ever Argued for that.

Nobody ever will argue for that.

So stop passing it around like its a real thing somebody somewhere said, because its not.

We just want a better game, so stop treating it like its black and white.

Maybe you guys just need better time management lol. I quit though.

Yeah, you're absolutely right I do need to allocate my time more wisely- By playing other games where I'm not bored out of my mind. Don't you get it? The reason players are criticizing this game is because there's literally no reason to play it. Let me just say it flat out: 5 minutes of killing mobs is already an awful chore. You play games to get AWAY from chores. So I play games that actually reward me for my time spent, while still offering an entirely new and different experience. It took me the past week to grind up another alt in ESO, and now that he's cap, I can start farming for gear (shouldn't take more than 1-3 days), and after that I have 20+ dungeons to tackle, entire skill lines to max out, still 300 more levels until cap to collect, I have to collect all the valuables in the world map, rediscover everything, etc. An hour a day gets you so much progress and gold, and yet I still have 200 hours of gameplay left: PER CHARACTER.

The fact that you say that the grind is necessary is an admission that DBO Isn't a huge game. That's why it has no choice but to artificially inflate its grind to spread out content into smaller bites. However, that only sentences the game to a quick death. I spent 50 hours gridning for stones and have nothing to show for it. So I quit. Then I spent 50 hours in ESO: I have collected several new armor sets all with their own unique uses and value, have farmed over 500k gold (about 100kk worth in DBO, because the economy doens't suck and you can buy pretty much anything), have managed to spend a good amount of time in PVP, made several new builds, etc.

tl;dr: I'm done with the game because Its not fun. Simple as that. IT's not a good game, and I don't enjoy having to waste time on a stupid trash game. The only reason I come back to these forums is specifically to see if the games potential will ever be unleashed.

Damn people just want this game to be easier than it already is.

Yes, that's exactly what people want, because people have lives. Nobody has time to devote hundreds of hours to a piss poor game. If a game is stupidly difficult to the point where you'd have to devote your life to it, it'll die. Its history repeating itself, plain and simple. just look at the current status of the game? Once again ruled by foreigners who hack/bot/cash to dominate the metagame, while honest hardworking players are punished by an unfair system. Just look at the comment above: Wastes 150 boxes to no avail, and you expect players to keep up with such a piss poor system? Either the game changes, or it dies. If it can't adapt, then the game dies.

I suggest you go back to Xenoverse or something, don’t know what a true mmo is. It’s supposed to be time consuming but rewarding.

A true mmo is a good game. DBO is not. That's why it died. That's why nobody remembers it. Thats why it was never brought to america. KRMMO's are roguelikes that have a short time, and whose existence is supposed to be for commercial gain. Elder Scrolls Online is a true mmo. World of Warcraft is a True MMO. These are both games that don't demand you devote your entire life to them, by offering methods to improve without having to demand 100's of hours of grinding. Its one thing for a game to provide 100's of hours of content spent in the form of pvp, dungeons, raids, etc. Its another thing for a game to lack these elements, and to "feign" a better experience with its mediocre content by arbitrarily lengthening the grind.

If you're so easily entertained by mindless activity, why not spend all day watching paint dry? Is that a fun rewarding experience? Having to do nothing all day for the mild satisfaction of having painted a stupid wall? That's what DBO Is. It has no content, so it forces 100's of hours of grinds to reap the most "gameplay" out of what little content it does have. That's how KRMMO's work. That's why they die off.

I advocate this! Why not host givesaways? Or events where stones drop more often? Something to incentivize consistent play, like daily or weekly rewards, allowing more active players to benefit from their dedication, instead of a broken token shop which rewards players for being afk.

As I said dbo was designed as an asian grinder if you want to change that you would need to change the whole game.

That's not true at all. Very small subtle differences in code can result in monumental differences in game economy, skill damage, PVE/PVP balancing, etc. There's a lot you can do simply by changing a few decimals thereby entirely changing their value. In fact, the changes you're asking for use the same logic, only backwards. Rather than make things easier, you want to make them drastically harder. Just because this game was a KRMMO grinding fest, doesn't mean it should remain that way. The systems for a much better game are already there, they just need to be corrected and fine tuned.