Posts by Tofu

So as I expected, last night I posted that the issue fixed itself, but it is now back in action. Seems it just sometimes does make it through the black screen.

Update: Again I've been able to play. I made this post because I couldn't, but then I tried at like 2-3 am and I managed to log in. Now, 10 am, I'm able to get it working. Not sure if the time is related, or if it's a coincidence, but I still get the black screen bug, just not all the time now.

Seems like it fixed itself after a few days? I really did nothing that could fix it. It was either an account issue, or a client bug that's based on something that I can't determine.

I know the recent patch (well, my launcher patched something yesterday) wasn't the solution because I did try after that patch and the bug was still there.

Thanks anyways. I suggest the team keeps an eye out for that glitch, in case it returns to screw with me again.

Are you able to log onto another account? Is it just this account that is giving you troubles or is it all accounts?

Well, I only have one account so I wouldn't know. I'll try creating a new one and see how that goes.

I'll update the post with the results.

Hi,

open a ticket at https://forum.dboglobal.to/ticketsystem/ which includes your game account username, character name and dbolog.txt

regards

I'll also try this meanwhile.

Update: New account still has the same issue. I already opened the ticket.

I had just installed it again before running with this issue, so my launcher is indeed the newest (unless the download in the Mediafire link is outdated). I had uninstalled after the previous time I played.

I'll give the firewall/antivirus thing a go, but considering the game does launch and I can log in and pick my character, I highly doubt that's the issue.

Update: Windows Defender has been disabled all this time, and my antivirus isn't blocking the game. I still get the permanent black screen error. I can start the game and log in with no issues:

This is a picture that proves Windows Defender is off:

So I've played DBOG a few times before. First time during the open alpha, where I found too many bugs and uninstalled it. It's understandable, since it's an alpha. Then, in the pre open beta, I played again, and still had some odd lag issues only on this game, and my friends weren't. I also was unable to finish the second TLQ on my human because I kept glitching out.

I decided to give the game a third try.a Now I can't even get into the game. The screen goes permanently black after I select my character, while music keeps playing. I've tried running as admin and not running as admin. It just doesn't work, period. I considered changing visual settings, but I can't because I need to be inside the game to go to settings. I looked this up in the forums, and the people with this issues get the answer "we're aware of this bug and we're working on it" since August... It's still here.

It's impossible to screenshot the black screen itself, so I had to open another program and make it as small as I can on top of the game so I can screenshot it. I'm gonna add it on a spoiler so it doesn't take up too much space.

I'm running Windows 10, and the game ran great before. I used to play this game on a way worse laptop, so there shouldn't be any "you can't run the game issue."

Thanks in advance.