Posts by Ezmyreld

Been having the same problem ever since they stopped allowing us to launch the game through the DBO.exe file. The launcher has never worked on my MAC computer and continually says I must download a newer version, even though I just did download the latest version. It won't update, and it disappears off of the screen and bar. I hope they fix this bug soon, or I'll have to put this game down and move on (which I had to do months ago). And my launcher (the latest version) does not even have a patch button on it.

I wish I could. I've been having the same problem ever since they stopped allowing us to launch the game through dbo.exe. The launcher never has worked on my MAC computer. They need to change it back to the way it was before when we could launch it right from the dbo.exe file. Otherwise, I will have to put this game down and move on. I occasionally check back to see if they have reinstated one that actually updates and works. Guess they haven't yet. I'd talk to the admin about this. I hope they get this fixed soon.

There was someone else who used wine. Adding the dbog.exe, launcher and folder to the antivirus whitelist helped

How do I do that? I tried adding the DBOG.exe to the firewall, but for some reason it will not allow me to. On the other hand I really don't think that is where the problem lies because it was working just fine before.

Well, I guess I'm out of luck due to the changes. I'm running the program on a MAC, therefore; I cannot run as administrator. I use wine to run it. And the new launcher will not update, download, or even open. If this cannot be reverted back to the way it was before, that will probably mean I will have to put this game down and move on. Thanks anyway.

you cant take the laucher out of the dbo folder... create a shortcut of the one inside the folder instead of copying it out.my guess is u are running the launcher outside the DBO folder and that is the reason it says files are missing.
    if that is not the case try running as administrator and add exeption to your anti virus and firewall. i think windows defender has a thing for DBO xD

@Daneos
    For one thing, the Launcher is still in the folder. So I don't understand why it wouldn't work if kept in the folder. Second, I'm not on a windows computer. I'm using a MAC so I cannot run it as Administrator. I'm using Wine software to run the game. I cannot download Windows defender to Wine bottler as it crashes every time. The solution is to let everyone log on using DBO.exe. That's how it worked before. The Launcher has never worked. Still doesn't.

You have to run dboglauncher.exe and not dbog.exe

And it's like I said before, the only time the game ever worked was when I opened the dbog.exe file. The dboglauncher.exe does not work. It never worked for me. It always says: "Could not find patcher_config.xml". I'm not missing the patch file. It's there, so I'm trying to figure out how to apply the patch file. So I tried clicking on the check-patch button on the bottom left hand corner of the launcher. Nothing. It always gives me the same problems when I open it. So I tried re-downloading the newest launcher, but that didn't work either.

Problem solved.

Fix:
    Disable or add the DBO Global folder and the DBOG.exe to the antivirus exception/whitelist

The problem is not my antivirus. The problem is that the DBO.exe file no longer allows me to connect to the server.
    You said in another thread that everyone now has to start DBO by using the launcher instead of the DBO.exe. This explains why I am having problems. The launcher does not work for me. The only time the game ever worked was when I opened the DBO.exe file using wine. Every time I try to open up the launcher, it tells me the patcher_config.xml is missing, which I have installed as well. Every time I click on the "patch-check" button it doesn't work. Even when I installed the newest launcher you guys had to offer.

I've tried making sure it was enabled on my firewall. I enabled wine, play on mac, and the actual server, everything. No luck. I tried re-downloading it. No luck. It simply will not let me connect to the server anymore. What changed? Idk

I was playing just a couple of days ago. But now, every time I try to launch the game; it won't let me connect to the server. It says "You have disconnected" and will not let me log on. I also tried running it through the DBO Launcher, but every time it tries to update, nothing happens. It does not allow me to log on. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm playing on a MAC and am using Wine Bottler to run the game. It worked just fine until recently. I don't know if this is a server problem or not, but would like to know if anyone can tell me. Thank you.

Why don't you just ignore to post then! I report every bug I come across and I don't have time to read every single post on this forum because I do have a life!

I got to the great tree quest in Korin, click on the little tree there and nothing happens. There is nothing else that poses to be a part of the quest there. Just a man standing beside a tree.

In the Old Shoes quest in Yahhoy there is a rock on top of a hill that monkeys surround. You have to fight through them to get to it. But when you click on the rock and select, it appears that you get the item, but it does not complete the quest, and it does not allow you to turn in the quest.