Posts by Box-head(boxbox)

heres what I can say about this event.

It is great that the dbog team decided to host an event for the christmas holiday's even for a short period of time.

there is some problems with this event that the dbog team should learn and retify for future events.

1) the event should have been announced way more time in advance 1 month before the event is taking place should give players enough notice.

2) duration, This event was relatively quick, Most items were scooped up rather quickly, I was told the event lasted like 30 minutes, try make them last longer so the community can enjoy it more and have more respect to staff.

3) limit the prizes that can be claimed. Only 1 present per account, make all item bind (i didnt partake in the event so im not sure if this was the case or not). I heard rumors that a few players scooped up the majority of the prizes. which isnt how these event shouldnt be based on, you want community included not just a select few getting all the rewards.

any ways thats my 2 cents thank you hardlock for your hard work I know you always give your all to this project.

shadow knights bleed is quite counterable with anti bleed.

shadowknights para and fear both can be reduced with anti paralyze and anti fear.

if humans use tmq7 gears or ccbd spiruatlist gears it makes shadowkinghts damage quite manageable.

I should note alot of shadow knights are exceptionally well geared in contrasted to humans.

Althought I admit their 45m stun has practically no cooldown, Most of shadowknights moves can be easly countered with energy def gears and accessoires I wouldnt say they are broken.

I would say thou you do need to be prepared with appropriate gears if you wish to tackle an sk in pvp.

for humans get tmq7 gears all con unless you fighter then go dex and upgrade them to at least +11 or +12

get a mixture combo of at least 75% anti bleed, 50% anti fear, and 50% anti para

and you should be able to go toe to toe with sk

Shadow knights do get energy def walled by ultimate majins, grand chef majins, dendes and pokos due to their heals and defenses being way higher they shadowknights damages.

I hate arguing with ya mate but I will point out problems with your arguements

3) insane resistance require sacrifise of CON/LP %/PROPS

dude other classes gives up stuff inorder to reach their full potential in a particular stat this point is just aimless.

for instance a sk may give up reduction in a particular stun on accessory for props to max out damage.

or an sk could go full cooldown but then they sacrifice good damage and sucess rate

4) Dende/Poko/Karma can remove debuffs (and buffs)

yes they can remove buffs but buffer can replace the buffs at a similar rate they can remove the buffs so this isnt a true disadvantage, just a pain to deal with, its just like cranes having their bleeds moves completely removed by mighty majins banishing breeze

on top of that karmas skill is complete rng 76% chance of removing buff

I think that turtles it's fine, because can make all in the game, have better damage or area, crane only can play pvp 1 vs 1 without stuns and without 1000rp in 1second. If you want more advantages for turtles is because 80% of people use this class and always have more aproves.

0-0 You make it sound like our class is shittest 1v1 class in game. I dont believe so, Plasma, Chef, Darkwarrior and Poko Priest have worst struggles in 1v1.

I'll list classes that crane does well against and ones that they struggle or have no chance against see if we agree. I will list them in order and category from easy to wins the match to moderate difficulty to win the match to hard to win the match near impossible to win. This is assuming that the opponent and crane both know what they are doing and are well equipped. Feel free to bash my list @dbog community

Easy Win

Poko

Chef

Dark Warrior

Dende-

Moderate difficulty to Win in pvp as a crane

Plasma-

Turtle

Ultimate Majin

Hard difficulty to Win as a Crane

Shadow Knight

Fighter

Near Impossible to Win

Swordsmen

rolis idea for a wagu coin is asweome love it. I think it should be higher price in token but im a jerk so meh.

I would like to add that for cash shop that lp pots and ep pots should remain,

token shop should reduce the prices of these items so free to play folks have better access to them.

cash shop should do as roli said allow us to buy non-rare dogis without wagu, It took me a while to get the particular cosmetic i was looking for via wagu machine and to be honest when it comes to cosmetics (non-rares)the customer should be able to pick and chose via cash shop instead of gambling.

adding a dogi capsule could be an option for token shop. and adding a better dogi capsule cash shop with an rng chance of getting rare dogi might make it a good cash shop seller.

when daneos gets new client i would recommend him investing in the idea of weapon skins and make it cash shop only could be a possible way to make monies

below is aportion of an old meme I took from the meme contest I held a long time ago, its just for laughs not to be an insult to daneos or team

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/3255/

heres my list of counters at 60 cap feel free to bash

crane vs turtle- crane wins majority of the time, especially now with put out flames buff, cranes usually get sleep off before turtle gg.

turtle vs karma- karma wins all the time if they know what they are doing, all is needed is instant stun skill lock gg

Fighter vs ultimate majin- Ultimate majin wins, fighters damage isnt where it is at 70 cap, ultimates buffs are overwhelming to fighters on top of that ultimates will resist alot of fighters stuns, fighter will get 3-4 shotted with ulti props gg.

Swordsmen vs Ultimate Majin-Ultimate majin wins, swordsmen do fair out better with some focus but still ultimate buffs overwhelm them and they get 3-4 shotted when ulti have props buff on. they can remove the best debuff of swordsmen with ease.

plasma vs Shadow Knight- ShadowKnight wins all the time, all shadow knight has to do is go to middle of ring cast anti confusion buff and gg.

Karma vs Crane- just like turtle its no contest karma always wins all is needed is skill lock and gg.

thats the ones that come to mind when i think of counters. Recent changes to crane has made them equal to ultimates jaja

So the only instant healing skill from human race which was a life saving skill in tough situations has been removed, original non rp cooldowns of the bottom skills remain the same, both fan outs received a 4 movement speed reduction when 1 would have been enough for this cap as 2 is a bit overwhelming. Well, at least they'll be able to survive more with their con buff combined with buffer's. Don't tell me these changes are final for good, because you haven't done something you did with martial artists - adjusted the most useless skills. Be as it may, that shall be all. 1

umm cranes heal move still works they just made it give rp ball. so now they can handle sk's better but for a trade off they now cant handle ultimates as easliy meh I dont mind this.

remplace double gut booster for skill lost in time copied code base of draconing over powering (warrior).

i cannot agree with ya on this. Lost in time was the reason that made cranes broken in the early caps of the original dbo. since it stacked so easly with sleep its kinda what has happened with karmas right now infinite stuns. crane would get instant stun. then cast sleep charge rp balls then gg.

cranes can just get some skills modified a tad bit and can do quite well without a true paralysis,stun, confusion, skill lock, petrify blah blah blah.

This thread has enough proof on why some of the top players that main their class should NOT be in charge of balancing their respective classes. They don't state out anything that might be wrong with their class. Its those players that do not play the class, that have to fight AGAINST them that knows what is to be nerfed. The only thing these people that main the class do is just stating buffs. "HEY! I want this to be stronger so I can feel better about myself. HEY! How about buff that, and that, and THAT! But..don't nerf a single thing, as my class is the WEAKEST." I won't give any feedback about any balancing as I don't believe my Ideas of either nerfing or buffing will actually benefit. Its better to leave it to the PROS that actually know whats up, those people that spend their time pvping 24/7.

check my post on page 1 please I did suggest nerfs to crane freeze and sleep(not a major one to sleep tbh). not all of us are one sided ponies.

I even suggested a balance to help turtles compete with cranes since cranes have advantage over turtles that suggestion doesnt weaken any other class :)

forgive me dbog team but I have to double post dont remove!

nerf that 100% slow combo a little bit, movespeed items should counter it.

with due respect at level 70 cap movement speed boots, ccbd titles and dogi ball items can nutter movement speed pretty easly.

ultimates can remove the debuff.

best way to aviod this combo is to stun first and get medium range (15-25m) to the target . remember spiritualist dont have true stuns at long ranges and will not get the first move off on a distance stunner.

no, slow its very important for cranes, you only want that crane be trash, because you use swordman or fighter.

marital artist have abilities that also increase the movement speed to help counter the effects. in 70s cap they will have little problem dealing with spirtualist slow jajaja. they can use invincibilty if timed right to counter the incoming sleep as well jajaja then its gg

if all help turtles to defeat cranes, the cranes need help to pass preliminars in budokai, the style of cranes its imposible.

cranes cant defeat karmas, similar that turtles vs cranes. but in karma its 90% win karmas.

you make a valid point with budokai prelims and crane vs karma.

budokai prelims 1v1 do not favor cranes, dendes, swordsmen, pokos, chefs, ultimates, dark warrior, karma, plasma, only 3 classes thrive turtle, sk and fighter. The rest can get in with dojo seed. This is an inherent mechanic. now with the new client comming out maybe it be possible to add ring outs to score points as well inprelims, this would help classes like crane and swordsmen. sadly this would not help the other classes i listed above. the prelims mechanic may need to be change or removed for a better system but i dont know daneos limitation with new client only time can tell.

karmas vs cranes is a different problem compared to cranes vs turtles. The inherent problem with crane v turtle is that cranes are guarranteed 20+ seconds of prep time with sleep since they can get the first stun.the inherent problem of karma to most squishy dps players is the ability to instant stun then skill lock for the remainder of the match. these are karma moves that are necessary to defeat tanks.

if per say a skill lock reduction move was given to crane it affects not just karma but turtle as well, turtle a class that struggles against crane.

crane is not the only class that struggles with karma, you could try nerfing ultimate shout skill but this affects plasma (the worst pvp 1v1 class in the game in my opinion) i believethe inherent problem of karmas brokenness lies with karma not crane. I can summarize 2 possible solutions .

1.easiest one is to make shout skill 45m a plasma only move and removing shadow knights immunity to confusion, this way karmas will have to get 35m to cast confusion which can be counter with gears. the 35m range alouds cranes to cast speed restrain, and try keep the fight far away as possible out of the range of hesistation. this idea would help turtles as well since they suffer from similar issues against karma! this will hurt karma extremely against sks thou a class they have trouble with since sks have immuned to confusion and will guaranteed get the first stun off. so another change would be needed in this time sk r (removing immunity to confusion. this idea is terribly messy and involves changes 2 skills but doable.

2. change the mechanics of skill lock. this skill is abudantly the problem that dps class have with karma. but its a needed skill against tanks. so duration nerf will not help karma because there counter class will shit on them even more. to be honest i cant see a viable solution to skill lock changes without nuttering them against tanks.

Foolish people will say change resistance to favor the resistance classes but honestly that only will favor fighter and ultimate majin and will make all other classes weaker. keep resistance and % resistance items capped as is.

Argue with evidence.

adding a 0.5 seconds cast to sleep wouldnt make much sense since it nerfs turtles in the process. we are looking for a fix for cranes vs turtles since cranes trump turtles without a thought.

sleep already has many disadvantages 1 being you cant attack the opponent (unless your a crane cause dot hacks jaja)

turtles and cranes require sleep to be effective in combat, adding extra cast time will burden the classes against swordsmen and fighters, tbh spiritualist already have a hard fight against those class at 70 now if u add the 37% focus reduction on top of a 18% lp reduction spiritualist will not be able to consistently land there much needed stuns, and within stand no hits movement speed at 70 already is too much for spiritualist to handle, there is a rare opportunity for spiritualist to land a sleep on ma and with a 2 second sleep its possible (unlikely but possible) adding that extra 2.5 seconds it will not benefit anyone but classes that already have an advantage against spiritualist.

thats why i suggested to buff to turtles that they will have to cast to reduce sleep duration actually tbh 25% is too low it should be 33% this way only 15 seconds is availabe to cranes it gives minor time to prep for turtle, but not too much time to give turtle no chance of recovery. This doesnt nerf turtles or buff turtles in a way that will make them too good against classes that they have advantages against already