Posts by Prometheus

Well, you're not exactly right about people wanting it to be easy. You see, people like me see the current and "old dbo" upgrade system precisely easy. You either play for months and remain an infant, or you reach the highest ground in a couple of hours spending way less time and game currency. That is not how progress works, your character's equipment development cannot rely on simple randomly generated numbers and it must therefore be properly awarding for all the effort you put in it. It may seem as an appropriate solution, but it is merely a regression to what was never ideal. The only difference between this and the previous upgrade system, is that the previous one was more focused on removing all the progress you've wasted a tremendous amount of time on, rebooting everything to give you a false occupation and serve the same purpose as tickets did, earn real life currency. However, even back then there were people successfully reaching highest grades by barely putting any effort. I wouldn't call it a challenge, but merely a lottery where you can either instantly rise or fall. Instead of progressing, you let the randomness decide what happens, not hard nor easy. That's my point of view.

Now speaking of why this game turned out to be so easy, is because there are so many causes. Not just the poor management which is obviously major, but also advanced technologies. It's the 21st century we're talking about, the modern age. As technologies used for exploits evolved, this game remained the same and now it's more vulnerable than ever, wide open for exploits with no protection whatsoever. That's another story though, but you get the point.

Well, I find discussions rather enjoyable even if the subject isn't big of importance to me. If the new client isn't just a bad joke and will indeed open up this game to new possibilities, then why focus on the old, when embracing the new will become more possible than ever? If anyone can make this system as equal and challenging as possible, it's the community discussing it together. I've got my ideas, but I haven't seen any player feedback properly dealt with and treated as relevant, so I'll just keep it all to a minimum talking to folks here. If old system appears to have the most votes or something completely new, then everyone will have to adapt and live on with it, whatever it is. That's assuming the Dan squad won't make a verdict themselves. Didn't think I'd expand myself this much, but chatting here can be interesting at times.

Still, I feel like a wipe in a different form (only certain things getting erased) will come anyway as it's a big mess now, but this should have been discussed much earlier. Peace out for real, I prefer reading than writing.

At the end of the day, the solution must be based on what the majority of the player base prefers. It will never fit everyone's needs, but the most acceptable solution is the best. I'd suggest further investigating the most appropriate suggestions together with the community before making a verdict on your own as usual, that's assuming this feedback will be considered whatsoever. Eh, don't fail whoever's left here putting their effort into this, not talking about me, I'm here to lurk around.

P.S, flashy pfp.

Well, I see two competing sides here. One that wishes this version of dbo to be almost identical to the previous one as it would improve everything relating this subject, and another one that wants dbo to move forward and embrace new changes that would seemingly correct the erroneous things that were never truly positive. I personally see one of the most important systems of the game being controlled by randomness completely ludicrous and illogical, which was introduced in the laziest and simplest way possible. Not to mention the fact that very highly upgraded items which only players should work for on their own are tradable. This is actually infinitesimally rare in successful mmos for good reasons.

It's clear where I stand, but I'll remain mostly neutral for multiple reasons. However, I don't think the exact old rubbish system back on retail would actually fix this situation. Looking forward to see how all this feedback you folks leave here will be treated just like in the last thread like this. I'm just here to discuss, not to leave input which would be a foolish thing to do.

Fyi, Daneos already mentioned that he's working on this and already revealed some of the changes that might come true. Funny this comes only now.

Have a blast.SeemsZood

Therefore this thread will most likely be buried just like the rest of them with no regard for the concerns. Another storm that will pass quietly. But worry not, the new client will miraculously fix everything to the tiniest decimal - soon™.

Be as it may, it's all going as planned for self righteous goals. Council of clowns have their fun, you folks should too. Happy chatting.

You know, with me finding that I can reset my skills once every week and how people have been acting in this thread, I think I'll just figure builds out myself from now on. Honestly fellas, I thought this was meant to be a community thing.

Piece of advice - don't ask for anything in this community, it's just like talking to starving wolves with a higher brain function that's also damaged. Whatever you make, as long as you're okay with it, it's perfect. Good luck.

xD you could multi client on original game client as well so the original was not truly an mmorpg?

You think I didn't know that? There you go again, the original boys. News flash, this version will never be a duplicate of the original. And for the record, the original didn't allow you to just multi client like that, you needed an actual separate program to do that. So that's about an entirely different program that they simply didn't care for too much.

Oh and yes, the definition of "mmorpg" will enlighten you to understand what I mean by saying I that this isn't an mmorpg by all important means, I believe you will find out why if you haven't already.

Usage of multi clients is the reason why this game isn't truly an mmorpg when everyone is actually playing singleplayer with copies of themselves. Everyone got used to this completely wrong playstyle of this genre and wouldn't imagine playing this with 1 account at once. Still, I find it funny when people want this game to be a little harder which is reasonable, but still play with full buffs from their own characters. I'm fine with anything though.

I see the forum is even more active during holidays. Awesome, spending holidays on forum and some events. Way to go smart ones, it's not like real life is important these days, right?