Posts by Prometheus

Hi,

What I did was a community event that is like an "extra" event. This kind of events are simple because without server changes I can't do much.

It's true that the event didn't go as expected since there was too much lag and I will try to make a better event the next time, but some suggestions about "create an NPC with a quest, add the reward into the event manager, give everyone a reward, etc etc" that's not a Community Event, that would be a normal server event and that's not what I do.

That's exactly what I said. I merely explained it to others that it is entirely not up to you. However bad it could be, the fact that you try means a lot. What I meant to say, is that in further events where Daneos is involved, it would be nice to see some of these suggestions implemented, as well as more possibilities for gms to execute more stable events. The mailbox has never been truly designed for single account shared mailbox rewards and such. So it would be nice to see some more different Christmas community events from your side, just keep up the excellent work for trying. Was still fun to login on an old dusty laptop that had dbog to see a whole mess of people in one place more united. Cheers for that.

You should make a daily login reward for the event.

Each day you get a different reward for let's say 1 week. For example at the 7th day you get santa hat or something else.

And change these rewards every week.

Interesting idea, but I do remember Daneos once saying, that he wouldn't like a daily reward system. He has said many things that weren't supposed to come true and they did anyway. And quite frankly, Hardlock is the only one organizing the events right now, maybe with some of the assistance from others, but further event possibilities are simply out of his jurisdiction. I like the idea though for occasions like this.

Just a random... but np i dont care bro.

Randoms are randoms, everywhere.

:D.. You made me laugh. Sounds a bit dissociative, but literally talking to yourself as everyone's gullible has satisfied the tiny humor part I seek in this forum. Just don't answer with either accounts, irrelevant for this topic and a complete waste of time. Play nice.

On topic - what Seshomaru posted.

Splendid, even items like fortune cookies are there. With proper adjustments, it could be implemented in tools section as it could serve a lot of people. :thumbup:

the titles must give some attribute so that they are worth getting, or it would not make sense...

Clearly you haven't played games such as gw2. Titles are purely cosmetic there, so it would make sense if titles didn't provide any bonus for your character. Although something small that wouldn't affect character's status like extra zeni gain from mobs, more chances of dropping a higher tier item and lots of similar stuff would be nice, I'm just not going to share any more of it for nothing.

All in all, this one will be my last post in this thread as I feel like I'm talking to a concrete wall mostly and some of the actual folks.

To make it short and simple about one of the classes I'm well aware of, crane hermits alone face problems such as lack of skill variety, dangerous necessity of being close to your target and incapability to quickly immobilize your enemy without taking a big risk. The class itself is far from worst. If anything, it's one of the most potential classes in the entire game and only needs certain adjustments to make the class more various and viable in pve content.

Skill variety is obviously all about rationally understandable wide choice of dots. Due to anti bleeding, this profession has nothing much to offer other than burn from spiritualist's skill tree which is risky, the other skills that cause burning aren't even worth using in most cases due to their cast time or even lower range. Everything else is focused on bleeding therefore it's not much of a dot mastery, just burn in pvp. Which in general doesn't make any sense considering that the class was specifically designed for dot variety. Just a single bleeding skill changed into something else would open more opportunities and it's all about variety and logic, relatively simple to understand.

Speaking of range problems, is simply talking about solid burn and poison bleed which is used for paralysis. Both have a relatively low range and poison bleed even has cast time, whereas some skills in the game have a 45m range and much lower cooldown that don't require combinations to be executed. So yes, it is a very big risk to take if your enemy resists/dodges something while you're close, that's why a lot of people suggested either changing the range of poison bleed or putting double gut buster in a better use. The need to make a combination would remain that way, but it would be safer if it required you to be 28-30m close or so instead of 25 which is too risky. I usually got myself out of such predicament, but it's about what others have to say the most.

At last, what I can tell about both spiritualist classes, is the uselessness of certain skills. Martial artist and it's subclasses had this problem fixed, only fair it gets fixed here, don't you think? Party support Is what I suggested the most to slightly improve this unfortunate group content dilemma, but even if group content is not a valid or too scary subject for them, then they better come up with something themselves.

Looking forward to seeing how they manage turtles, particularly against cranes. Until then, thanks for the interesting exchange of ideas mates. I am done here for real. Cya. PeaceUHelloPeaches

Crane is not supposed to kill fast, it is made to make opponent suffer slowly overtime that's why they made freeze.

Delivering dots then watching opponent rest in peace.

SK's never been a problem just don't go to its territory which is 25m, 35m is not a problem just a bold strike which you can handle.

The 45m stun is not a problem too.

That's the problem of those who supposedly "represent" their classes. They don't understand that if you provide a boost to a specific class, it must be about improving their unique expertise abilities, not making them identical to other classes. I'm just glad that cranes are so different and don't rely on critical hits, but rather condition damage which is so remarkable and fun to use. Back in the day when I played, I was performing so well because I focused on what I can do, rather than on what I could do if I had something like my opponent. If you accept the obvious fact that your class is unique and not a straightforward damage dealer, you won't have that much trouble against most of the sks. The whole budokai system hasn't been designed properly to be fair for every class, that is undeniable. Just as against most of the classes, the hardest thing for a crane hermit to do against sk, is to keep him away at a proper distance. As long as he can't get close enough, he won't be able to do much. Slow him down, don't let him get closer, survive his bold strikes, control him. I'm not going to share a single in depth technique on how to do that as there's plenty and you have to learn it all yourself if you want to truly succeed.

Someone above suggested to change solid bleed and poison bleed range from 25m to 35m.

Actually this idea has been since.. Not even sure anymore. Even something as simple as this never seemed to come to light. I definitely knew that someone else would suggest this once again.

Oh and to those who speak for others about what classes are harder for them to defeat or can't accept the fact that everyone's different and can be wrong once in a while, click here. Good luck.

Normally "Roll and win" type machines in mmos are constantly renewed. Which means that every week or so new items like cosmetics are implemented, replaced with the previous ones. Such items are usually exclusive and you can't get them from anywhere else once they're replaced with different items, so you either have to make it in time, buy it from other players or wait till those items ever get back. That's not how it works here and quite frankly, I'd rather see wagu machine gone than abandoned like that. Business is always better if you manage it properly. That's all from me.

Note: I think I'll write about Turtles tomorrow if my ideas are well received by the community, right now I'm tired of writing and posting skills pictures lol.

I know right? As long as there's people to read it (us for fun), it isn't a waste of time if you got nothing better to do at that moment.

You provided details of another interesting approach focusing on skill points' management. You also have similar thoughts to mine. Particularly about the underrated skills like agile armor. If they keep such skills as it is, then I'll have a good laugh at this reverse brilliance. Seen enough to understand who's had experience in actual mmos and are aware of how classes (yes, plural) are designed.

There's a difference between certain professions having trouble against other ones and almost standing no chance at all. It's not like the original game was ever balanced, far from it. If you really do check proper mmos, there's no class that can hold another class on his knees the whole battle and still be called balanced. It is also not true what you said about it being impossible to fix it. If you try to approach it globally, then it is going to affect every class fairly. As a matter of fact, one of the main mechanics that mmos have is dodge/block. Yes, dodge as a mechanic, not rng nonsense. But hold on, we have that mechanic here too. But it's completely rng with slight chances, so just as dodge it's not even a mechanic. But try to imagine how unpredictable you could be with such an ability. Such a potential skill as a cosmetic. There's multiple threads regarding this matter, but whatever. Rng is in the roots of this game.

learn to play xd

Funny, I could say the same thing to you. The man asked a question out of concern, you don't have to be a jerk about it just because you're too excited that cranes got some buffs. Be nice or shove it.

I believe turtles will get some changes next, but I do hope that relatively useless skills will get some changes soon too, like ma classes got.

umm cranes heal move still works they just made it give rp ball. so now they can handle sk's better but for a trade off they now cant handle ultimates as easliy meh I dont mind this.

Oh, couldn't have known that since I don't even have this game on my pc. Thought they switched the rp with the healing, my bad. Thanks for the heads up mate. Still, knowing the skill's animation, it's a bit awkward that wind doesn't remove burn, but the rp is truly more useful and to be honest, one of crane's weaknesses has been vanquished. You know, the one when enemy takes away your ability to charge rp and crane hermit without rp doesn't offer much. Now they'll have something to cover for it.

So the only instant healing skill from human race which was a life saving skill in tough situations has been removed, original non rp cooldowns of the bottom skills remain the same, both fan outs received a 4 movement speed reduction when 1 would have been enough for this cap as 2 is a bit overwhelming. Well, at least they'll be able to survive more with their con buff combined with buffer's. Don't tell me these changes are final for good, because you haven't done something you did with martial artists - adjusted the most useless skills. Be as it may, that shall be all. 1