Posts by Prometheus

You "politics" keep me entertained with this thread, just this thread all alone is worth visiting the forums for.

FYI, remember and consider what the topic was about, particularly the guard part which might be an equal boost for everyone, but you can keep throwing long essays at each other to keep the fun going as well.

You see, it was stated that there won't be any wipes. It's not a solution in any game to just wipe everything out after promising no more wipes. Even if you picked a more friendly solution like wiping out just items and zeni, it would end up the same way. Complete wipe would cause a bigger player base drop than it has caused now. I just wish they had taken the probable future consequences into consideration before this dilemma.

For the record, f2p cash is time. This cap will eventually pass and with the right adjustments on upgrade and the upcoming gameguard system, level 60 gear could have their grades downgraded so that people would open a new page on level 70 cap or perhaps an even better solution will rise. In the meantime, there's nothing more to do other than slightly slow down bots before the big "astonishing" client comes.

Been watching this thread for a while now, normally I wouldn't say anything but that's just gone too far. "The great ultimate majin", you allow personal attachment to the class cloud your judgment. Basically what you're doing, is asking for classes that you have some trouble against to be weakened and from your perspective, all those classes are still insanely strong while ultimate majin suffers insignificantly and doesn't have enough to offer, as if people are overestimating them while you're the only one who clearly sees what has to be done. That's not true, the fact that you're suggesting burn damage to have an actual counter in accessories which requires a lot of stacks to be useful only reveals how selfish on limited ideas you are.

Crane hermit has plenty of counters already, bleeding turns out to be completely useless and burn damage is the last source of power to defeat tanky classes. It's not really logical for a class of conditional damage to be easily fully countered by some accessories. Bringing anti-burn a.k.a gambling "does he have anti burn or anti bleed?" is like making anti buff accessories to prevent ultimate majin from buffing himself. Illogical, isn't it? Same goes for a class that already had severe "nerfs" and as long as you beat them, they're perfect, right?

Good luck continuously trying to weaken every class that you have problems against with these futile efforts. By exploring some new things you'd realize that you can't win every fight and it's not a code error, it's reality. Therefore I end my contribution to this ridiculous thread with this. Enjoy your nerf spree discussion. Cya.

Some of you guys are literally just arguing about non-relevant things (crashes, insults..) like children fighting over a sandbox. Guess someone should create a thread of lvl 60 cap top tier forum pvp masters, I'd be looking forward to that.

It would be fine as single target, so if you want to aoe paralysis you have to put double gut buster on each target or using poison bleed.

If Spirit Wave was changed to abdominal pain then you're right, no extra things to do besides changing poison bleed to abdominal pain as well for the aoe. For a moment I thought about changing double gut buster to poison which would be simpler for 1vs1 but it's better the other way around after all.

I think this is a good suggestion it isnt a broken one it gives cranes a fair buff to there play without making them too broken.

It is indeed, doesn't make it fair when crane hermits originally don't have a poison skill to begin with. It would still be a combination stunt nothing to complain about, there's just small problem with Spirit Wave being maxed. It's an aoe while Double Gut Buster isn't, so it would require additional adjustments.

Turtle, Sm, fighter can fkin stun their enemy instantly while crane can't.

That's because good cranes don't even need it, you can overcome martial artists with the right technique easily and most turtles are predictable with their strategies. The reason instant stunt was removed is because it was too powerful for cranes to have it, back in retail with this skill cranes were very popular and messy due to this skill. The biggest challenge for a crane is to keep his enemies away from himself and as someone with a crane I can tell you, that is possible if you try to out-think your opponents. They're the only ones with real chain combos, so they might need an improvement in their lvl 52 skills cooldown because it's too long considering you have to apply a whole combination for them.

The class isn't a ranged sm too, they have sleep to get that rp, use it.

Now this is what I was talking about, I like the way you designed it. Although I'm not sure if 100% wouldn't be too much, but with lower levels I definitely agree.

1- but actualy this game is how you said, crane vs crane first sleep win, fighter vs fighter first stun win, look at budokai fights, fighter vs fighter these fights ends after 15 sec, stun > shot> win, because here is no real chance to guard from opponent skills they killing each other for one shot.

And i didnt write it because i was sure that its obvious when we will boost walking speed we will boost also spirtualist slow by 30% is logic.

Every class have 2-3 main skills that do real dmg, today ssj boost animation skills by 20% do you see big changes in pvp? do you see humans who doing longer combo? and use more skills? nope this change will be more visible in long fights and pve.

5- so we have guard skill that is working only for one class aka sword but in his strategy for whole fight he keep his opponent on ground or one shot you not bad.
    Today no one is using guard because is basing on luck, guard means guard like in all normal games i have already idea how the skill should works and sword won't lose anything

Well don't get me wrong, I am supporting your ideas mostly, just ssj isn't something that people actually use in closed world pvp. 30% speed animation would certainly benefit every class but stunts and etc weren't designed for that speed so how it would be only tests could answer, but it would have some detrimental effects for sure. Now guard is tricky, it simply can't just protect you from everything so I gave an alternative on how it would not be too powerful and also useful because even if people used guard crash to trick guard users in open world pvp which would be kind of something nice and new to see, mob kd/stunt spam wouldn't be as challenging as it is a bit now. So it's not like it's going to work perfectly without any additional complains and adjustments that I didn't mention because I mainly support this idea. Taking less damage by x-x% would be easier to accomplish for starters, not sure how it would work for debuffs though. Either way, the idea is good so I would like to see guard being more than just a skill for a colorful effect, but you still didn't mention how it would not affect scint though.

Hi, been following this thread for a little while and decided to join this discussion since it has some valid points but there are still some dots left if this gets implemented.

1. This isn't as easy as it looks to make it right. If players got their skill animation speed boosted, then people would be able to use more skills on their opponents while they're immobilized, so obviously it would become messy and require a lot of adjustments because with long stunts and fast skill animation it would be more like "who stunts first" type of battles than now, so those changes have consequences, even though the idea sounds interesting. Speeding up walking wouldn't really harm unless it's done the way that it would hurt spiritualists.

5. I never liked the part where players can dodge skills by doing absolutely nothing, but you haven't thought about what would happen to some skills. Scintillation skill does exactly what you suggested and if guard was guaranteed all the time, then this skill would lose it's value completely when swordsmen are usually the ones who block skills in mmos. You need to come up with an alternative for that skill. Blocking would definitely make more sense than doing nothing and evading attacks, but wonder how that would go considering it'd be a first thing to do in battles and guard crash would be very tricky since some classes can instantly charge up their rp. Alternatively, "guard" could guaranteed block only a certain amount of damage instead of blocking everything. For example, if you use guard before your enemy unleashes some kind of powerful skill, that skill would deal x-x% less damage. You get the idea, how much damage it would block is entirely not up to me, but normally blocking with bare hands in real life and dragon ball would only protect you from a certain amount of damage. That way guard would be useful for every class and it wouldn't protect you entirely, just damage would be significantly lower and it would still give you an advantage in battle if you're actually willing to use strategies.

Well those are the things I wanted to discuss the most, we'll see how it goes.

No way, I could solo spam tmq 4 with a swordsman and I got plenty of capsules, more than one actually in one run. The only problem is duplicates. I got so many of them before getting dogis I desire, so they're completely useless right now and some kind of disassemble system or perhaps a bank that a whole account shares with those dogis being account bind would really come in handy. Other than that, I don't like the fact that newbies can get those dogis in 5 minutes, they're just too good to get from a simple tutorial. 10% is more than enough, no point in making mere cosmetics more accessible as they already are, purely free to get through dungeons. They're special after all, I can't believe that people actually want those dogis to be regular.

Certainly one of the unusual updates. This mystery dogi capsule idea is quite interesting, bet that Zamasu dogi will become the most popular. Auction house search function will no longer be a nuisance and most importantly, a class that's supposed to have something unique since fighters have plenty unique abilities has been granted something very useful and suitable since it's a class to spam skills after all. Therefore tickets shall never come back. Splendid.

I hope this will be properly dealt with within the next few days at least, there's a an emergency maintenance after all, no doubt this would be one of them. It doesn't matter if people lose their honey as well, if that's the only viable solution to fix this long lasting mess, which could be even permanent.

I think the staff got the point by now, there's no need to make another thread, you could just say your thoughts in one or the other thread. Anyway, back to the point. I disapprove of those tickets as well, they're just borrowed power and it is quite irritating when someone with that borrowed power pays a visit to ranked battles. I rarely used those tickets from popo box, and even so, just for pve content. From my perspective, the idea of having +12 tickets above level 55 is quite ridiculous, since the whole point of it was to help players in their leveling, not pvp. +15 tickets shouldn't even exist at all. Alternatively, instead of those tickets, there could be many other things to award the participants for activeness in the event, which I believe the staff was informed of already many times.