Posts by Libra God

This is just a hobby of his as a mmorpg dev enthusiast with years of hobby experience. He didnt really write everything from scratch, just the game server software. Hes simply managed to reverse engineer the client to successfully write a fitting server software.

Hes technically just distributing a slightly modified version of the copyrighted client source code and other resources previously made by the official dbo developers. Who cares tho it doesnt seem like daneos is making bank off this as he hasnt opened donations (yet)

When a game is completed it is compiled and the game cannot be modified unless they left certain parts intentionally open sourced. You cannot modify their data unless you knew how to decrypt the data. From what I've seen this game is programmed from an object oriented language like C#. I don't need "years of MMORPG Development experience" since the genre is only a few years old itself. I make games. I was just interested in seeing how people accessed the game files that I thought were stored Server Side. You see, MMOs have two versions of the game. Client Side, Server Side. Thus, reproducing an MMO or "reverse engineering" it would take files straight from that studio.

You sound like a rookie. You dont even know what reverse engineering is. Else you would've understood that by reverse engineering, I was referring to deobfuscating, decompiling and refactoring the existing compiled client code to something that is comprehensable by humans.

"Dont need years of experience", "decrypting existing code" l0l you know nothing kid. And no its not c#, its c++ which is compiled to machine code so have fun reverse engineering that. Not as easy as in c# and java

Guys, I have a solution. All of your precious donations may be sent to the MakeLibraRich foundation and I'll assure that Daneos receives it ASAP

Thanks in advance

Under law, the MakeLibraRich foundation does not refund donations.

Reverse engineering the original client and writing your own game server application, pretty much. If you know all the packet data structures the client expects from the server, you'll be about halfway there

Anyway, don't bother trying to contribute/volunteer as a developer though if you don't have years of mmorpg development experience