Posts by ZushinKai

You almost suggested the same thing. :gokulol:
    But this upgrade system is warm welcomed change in DBO Global.
    Like I said, it won't make things easier. Reaching +15 would be still as hard as before, but with items getting damage instead of becoming broken
    we won't have to endure that pain of seeing our hard work of getting gear being wyped out with a single upgrade click.

I still think that addition of a new race (if ever possible) would do no harm to games balance if executed well.
    Lets be honest, guys, we don't have many options when it comes to character creation and playble classes.

Frieza race, android race - everything can work in DBOs lore as long as new additions won't be called "saiyan race". :cellfinal:

We can suggest anything we want, but we should all keep in mind that DBO now is a game being ressurected by fans.
    Without the source code there are serious new content restrictions that DBOGlobal must follow. Still we all can dream...

new race will unbalance 2 much the game

I demand explanation. This statement sounds retarded. Your statement is based on what examples?

Because I am 100% sure that any smart developer, before bringing out new content, tests new content. It is not like people add something completely random with random stats, skills and just watch how things would turn out.

I do not like all these "big talks". Dogs bark, I do not bark because I am wolf.

I prefer action. And when I say action you should prepare yourself for my fist smashing trough your skull like a... plane goes trough a building ..Like... Like I said I am bad at "big talks". So ..Come at me!

Great idea. This would not make things easier, but make game more pleasant in general

Tokens should/must be gained from playing game instead of just being reward for sitting afk.

You should receive tokens from daily logins(once in a day) receive tokens from completing TMQ and (there should be token limit to avoid spaming ez tmqs and uds).

Tokens also should be gained from live in game events organised by gms in game(raid boss kills and etc). Forum events could also give rewards like screenshot of the month and etc.

Also with tokens players should have access to the same items that cash players have access with real money so that dbo won' t go from free to play to pay to win.

While automatic stat balancing isn't exactly a novel MMO concept, neither is the ability to allocate stats as you see fit. I don't see a change such as this truly redefining the game at all. Eventually everyone discovers the statistical sweet spots to play their chosen class the best and it spreads like wildfire until everyone is using that stat build or (in PvP) the best build to counter it. Every now and again you'll get the odd person who feels like just doing something different, like making a mace priest in Ragnarok Online that works pretty well, but for the most part players put in more effort to pigeonhole themselves than the developers ever could.

I can't even think of any oddball stat examples in Xenoverse. All I ever remember fighting were ki blast humans/saiyans and sponge tank majins.

I agree with you, but I still think that it is far more easier to copy paste builds when there are limited building options. In old DBO there was like 1-2 different op builds for 1 class that could work in competetive scene. And 1 build for example speed fighter would usually dominate. I would love to see more strategy less dependant on gear and op skills.

I know this thing will never be implemented, but still marten can dream, right?

I don't think reskins are the best of idea simply because you want to make mobs look different. I mean if they reskin mobs, that would take a freaking while! And by that I mean a very Long time! Re-Skinning is basically them making whole new mobs but with similar move sets, so you might as well tell them to make new mobs instead!(I know it is way less work for the team, but making one new mob that looks special is way better than re-skinning 3 or 2 that would not look so unique anyway) :)

It is acctualy just color swap of textures that can be done in many different ways that are not so complex. If you ever done some modding you should undertand. Prolem comes in because re-colored models need to be added to the game and this edition requires fair amount of coding. Like Saito said, you change mobs from 1 location and the same model f* up everywhere :/

Nice idea, Question what site did u use to make that graph

I used simple MS Word to draw this graph :P TY!

Sounds like xenoverse

So? That is the only game that offers such thing? Is it bad? Very complex and deep statement I must say :)

I agree with you!
    Also, I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE ORIGINAL STATS IN THE GAME IS VERY GOOD, BUT MAKING A GAME MORE UNIQUE IN THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE WILL JUST MAKE THE GAME MORE LIKE ANOTHER GAME (XENOVERSE)

What? It is imposible to turn DBO into xenoverse (MMORPG VS Fighting game). That was not the point of my post. I am speaking about character development and variety it can offer to the game. Xenoverse is not the only one that offers such thing. I never acctually played Xenoverse, passed it because it was bad game.

Most games dont do "Option to distribute points and build status the way I want." anymore because
    1. Then its easier to ballance classes
    2. Because many people specially new ones dont know what to build. Then they f it up and cry.

Question: you want DBO to be like most of these games? Or you want it to offer something more or less different to the market, stand out a little bit?
    Now if you take out Dragonball theme from DBO it is kind a crappy game if you ask me. Nothing unique. Big lack of depth and content.
    Dragonball theme it is the only thing unique about DBO. It keeps fanboys happy. Is it enough?

1. Easier does not mean it is better. I know it would take hard work and time, but it would pay off eventually.
    2. New players also f* up their skill builds and cry. When it was an issue? Stat reset books in game, status calculator tool - problem solved.
    :)

Before I start I must say that I know that thing like this would require hours and hours of hard coding process. Not to speak about huge balance adjustment as it would effect both PvE and PvP aspects of the game. I am aware of that, but still I wanted to share this concept of leveling up as it could (if possible to implement ofc) improve DBO dramatically. :saiyan:

Those who played original DBO know that primary status would boost automatically with each level up. There was no depth in character development as you could effect these statuses only with certain types of gear and Dragon Buffs. What if there was a different system, where you could have an option to actually build up your character the way you want? Option to choose what kind a character you want to build without relying too much on the items. How does it sound to you?

My idea: Primary attributes should not increase automatically, but instead with each level up in addition to Skill Points players should receive Attribute Points that could be invested into desired status (up to 70 max attribute points including level 1 per player). It would be impossible to max out all the attributes so players would have to think wisely what type of character they want to have. Each build, no matter what type of build player chooses would have it's weaknesses and strengths. This is where deeper development of the character comes in. Each atribute point would give different boost in status:

It would look something like this

Status increase should also be a slightly different for each race (namecs could gain more HP from 1 point of constitution than humans, while humans would gain more attack speed from 1 point of agility) to give each race "unique" feel and strategy.

This system of leveling up and status rework would make characters of the same class feel completely different like :
    A. Swordsman with high crit/ Low HP B. Swordsman with more HP/ Lower Damage C. Swordsman with low damage/ High mobility and attack speed
    D. And so on and so on .....
    Pool of 18 playable classess would expand, plus there would be less overpowered builds based on gear, less 99% effective counter builds for everything as there would be more different builds and encounters.

Tell me what you think, ok?
    I must warn you I am not that good in numbers and it was long time since I have been playing DBO, so just focus on the basic concept of this(changed all values to x though :gokulol: ).

There is nothing more exciting and more entertaining than Open World PvP in MMORPG. Why?

1. Open World PvP makes game feel more dynamic. There is always a challenge waiting for you and you never know where and when to expect it.Sure it interrupts your daily farming/questing routine, but also it makes game feel less boring and repetitive.

2. More Role Play. With open PvP you can choose to be a nice guy who helps and protects others or to be a scumbag, evil guy who is willing to spread some chaos on those who doesn't expect it. And it is a good thing. The only roles we had in DBO were:
    A. Mob Farmer B. Quest Farmer C. Cry Baby D. Begger
    Plus that feeling of justice when you shutdown trash talker or mob stealer is priceless. What you could do against your enemies in DBO? Send a friendly duel request that can be declined? Wait for them eventually to show up on the PvP platform?

3. More competition. Because competition drives people further. In original DBO people would level up and gather gear only for small number of PvP occasions such as Budokais, Ranked Battless, Dojo Battles, Platform drama, Scramble. It is not enough to keep people interested long enough into playing a game.
    Plus some of these PvP elements are more oriented towards late game. What to do in that gap between leveling up and late game? Farm? Hell no.

4. Increased importance of cooperation. Open PvP some kind a forces people to co-op against greater odds. One thing is to team up in order to clear mob camp or defeat Ultra Boss. Other thing is to team up in order to defeat "evil" player. It just represents Dragonball anime/manga more, where characters had to team up to beat greater villains. It makes guilds more useful, serving as a unity of "big brothers" who are always there for you when you need it.

Good PK penalties for harassing low lvl players, safe zones, PvE only channels are more than enough to keep people more or less safe from bigger harm.
    There are plenty of good examples of great games with Open PvP MMORPGs. Google it. PvE only games just doesn't have that thrilling excitement, nor does they have right type of challenge to keep long interest into playing it. And we speak about MMORPG based on the franchise where fighting was a key element of its success :)

Yes. Palete swap, size change. Simple things that could make these annoying frogs more unique is welcomed change.