Posts by EmmaNem

The purpose of this thread is to make a community effort dedicated to the advancement of DBOG Mods. Our primary goal is to get mesh edits working. Feel free to reply to the thread with any helpful information or other contributions you may have. Below are our current findings and progress.

I have found out a few things, first of all, DBOG uses a model format known as .dff. While other games, such as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, use this format for models, DBOG seems to use a different variation of this file format. In other words, GTA model import/export scripts will NOT work on DBOG. Also, I once came across an old post from a website called dbocom.com, in which a modder of the original DBO mentioned he once had posted a method on how to import models via hex editing, but the tutorial was removed from the website due to "flaming" meaning it was lost to the community. Also, we do have a way to export models. We can convert most .dff files to the .obj format using a program known as DBallextract. I don't have a link to it at the moment, but you can find it on google.

Please contribute to this thread so we may advance DBOG's modding community!

I tried it but didn't work. If you can rework the plugin to work with DBO files, that would be great! Good luck!

No luck yet, but there may be a basic way of doing it. I saw something on dbocom.com about a hex editing method for model imports. The method has since disappeard, but we know it's possible via hex editing. This makes since, as people do stuff like this to edit camo textures from Modern Warfare - Modern Warfare 3. Maybe if we use the model ripper i shared with you before, edit and save as obj, then compare the edited obj to the original .dff, we could find a way to hex edit the obj and save it as a working .dff? I don't suppose you know anything about hex editing?

Yo, i'm back! Anyway, you ever figure out the models Czarpos. If not, GTA III - GTA San Andreas uses the same extension and they have plugins. If you haven't figured it out, I might try to learn it by modifying a GTA SA .dff script to work with DBO .dff's and then write my own that I can release to the community.

Ok so i've never had luck with that method, but here is how i do that. You need to download the DBOresourcetool and open obj.pak in it. From there, extract the .dff files with the name of the dogi or armor you want to see in-game. Rename it to the name of the dogi or armor you are replacing and overwrite the files. Make sure you back up your files btw!

By the way... this isn't a dogi. It's an armor set on lv 11 that you can either drop or buy from a merchant in Kokkara Village.
    Since defense doesn't work yet, you can actually wear it just for look. It won't affect your stats unless it has bonuses.

Wait defense doesn't work yet! I might use a cash shop Dogi, but i am so mad right now! I have trashed so many good armor pieces due to defense stats!

Can you make customize a dogi for me, the simple dogi (one that is a creamy white) and turn it into this 20130103040715a0dd36y0upltrlv8.jpgIf it dosent turn out the way it is here, its fine, this should be some recoloring

can't speak for him, but i don't believe you can retexture the belt for that dogi.

So, i was thinking, "This community has produced some nice texture mods." Between me and the other modders, we have created some good works. But i think we should take it a bit further, if Daneos is able to add new items to the server, i think he should host a contest during open beta or full release. This contest would allow people to submit custom Dogi mods, with the winner having their Dogi put in-game. Maybe not in the cash shop since many people believe mods should be free, but it could maybe be a rare drop or purchasable from an in-game NPC. The rules would be simple, it would have to be an original dogi, (for example you couldn't submit a Alucard or a D.VA Dogi.) and one submission per person. What do you guys think?

I don't think there should be an XP reward, but maybe a title or some kind of Dogi or something. Also, if daneos can add new items to the server and decides to give items after all, i'd be willing to volunteer my services to retexture an existing Dogi that could be readded to the game with the new textures. (the Goku King Kai Dogi but white and red with the King Kai emblem replaced by the letters "POB" for "Pre-Open Beta" for example.) anyway, that's my opinion.