Posts by Scrancher

For me, it was the whole aspect of an MMORPG based around Dragon Ball.
    Like almost everyone else here I'm sure, I love the Dragon Ball franchise, and always have! So to see not just another DB game, but an actual online mmo with other people to play and interact with, was just awesome!

To begin with, back in the early days of the KR version (which I exclusively played until DBOG here) -- even though I came straight to DBO from a break I had from World of Warcraft; the world, characters, and the whole DBO universe was just mesmerizing to begin with!
    Unfortunately, it all quickly became stale and somewhat boring, even though the sporadic updates and new stuff that got introduced, revitalized the game for a time.
    What I enjoyed the absolute most throughout all of my time on this game, was playing with friends and guildies; accomplish stuff, and also grind on my own for dragon ball wishes and whatnot, on the side.

When that finally turned truly trivial, backed up by the fact that many people left for other versions (TW and HK), and the updates were minor and far between, I turned to PvP'ing. I think most people had (and have) it the same way, because the PvE factor of this game was/is just simply lackluster, especially after some years of doing the same stuff over and over again.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that I enjoyed PvP the most across all my hours spent in this game, but it has been what I ultimately ended up doing for the most part, and I did enjoy it, although the toxicity in this game is ridiculously high, which I think is due to lack of content, which in turn ''forces'' people to do PvP, and end up making certain people lose all common sense, in the strive to become the best PvP combatant.. A pity, really...
    After I went all out at PvP with my Dark Warrior back in the KR version, I achieved a goal of which I am still proud of to this very day: I won second (2nd) place in the monthly solo budokai tournament, and achieved the ''status'' of being the world's first top three (3) title holder as a DW combatant. No one had ever won either 3rd, 2nd or 1st place as a DW in any version before, so I was naturally very happy with my achievement!
    After that, the game quickly became somewhat boring again; I went back to do the same stuff with the remaining friends and people that still played KR, and after that version got closed down, I didn't play again until DBOG here, which, to be frank, I have not really played that much at all. The higher-than-ever level of toxicity and the awful mindset of many people in this community, is definitely also a turn-down for my already low DBO lust, along with the lack of new content and what have you.

While DBO is not my personal favorite MMO/RPG I have ever played, it is (weirdly enough, I find) still in my top 5, I would say. I just hope for the future that the DBO game can become what I always saw it as potentially being: one of the best MMORPG's in existence!

Its because he is walking so it blurry

Ah, makes sense. It's mainly the sand-road at the start of the video, and the green grass in the distance that seemed more washed out than what I recall. Guess I never really noticed before now :p
    I do see the little rocks, pebbles, leafs and such, that are sprinkled around the ground textures, looking sort of HD-like.

About the new terrain textures, is it just me, or does the natural terrain (e.g. grass, dirt, soil and sand) look even more washed out / faded than the current (old) terrain textures?
    The mountains, cracked rocky textures and man-made terrain such as tiles etc., does look a bit better with the new textures though!

My vote would be on the old (current) sand, grass etc., textures, and then the new everything else textures :-)

Just a simple bump for my thread here, which I originally created back in March of 2018.

As it seems that Daneos will (soon) release the long-overdue and [in]famous New Client, on top of what seems like he's started to take notice and give personal responses to various threads and posts in the community here; thus is why I wanted to bump mine up, as I think many of my ideas, findings and suggestions are noteworthy, and are good candidates for the new upcoming client. I have many more such ideas etc., on my personal note, which I will add to my thread here!

- Keep it civil folks; Toxicity Aren't welcome! -

Hi Daneos.

The list is looking very good!
    Although I'm just a random nobody, I want to give you the praise and thanks that you truly deserve.
    With everything going on lately, it is my impression that everyone forgets, that was it not for you, none of us would even be able to play the game that we all share and love.
    I will admit though, that I personally feel that things could/should have been handled a bit better. Some words from you from time to time would go a long way, you know ;-)
    Anyhow, keep up the good work, and don't lose faith in the project that you yourself birthed, cared for and raised!

P.S. I hope that you will look through my thread: Comprehensive Suggestions, Balancing and Bug Findings List -- I personally think that many of my ideas and suggestions would benefit the game, with the new and upcoming client you are working on.

Hi EsDeath.

Thanks for your reply, and for linking the lag fix.
    Unfortunately, as I also wrote up above, it didn't do anything for me. The problem is not lag, as I have zero-to-none of that, but rather that for some reason, the fps will randomly drop to around 20 and stay locked there, until I alt + tab in and out of the game window (which then normalizes it). During some gaming sessions of DBOG it happens rarely, and then during other game sessions, it can happen every 10 minutes or so.

The only idea of the problem I have (although testing didn't resolve it) is due to my 165Hz overclocked IPS monitor, and / or the enabling of my G-sync. Any ideas?

Hi Whydom.

Maintenance starts and durations varies, but it's usually from 8pm CEST (20:00) and one hour of downtime. So, if all goes after the usual plan, it should start in about 4 hours :)

As a veteran Dark Warrior main'er throughout all of DBO KR's lifespan, and of course also here in DBOG's OB, I will say, that it is beyond clear that something has to be done to and with the DW class, in order to mend the huge gap between that class and that of the Shadow Knight!

No matter what happens (or what might not), I'll still keep playing my DW and love it to boot, but all bias aside (from me and from you, the reader too), it is a no-brainer that the majority of people -- both old and new -- chooses the SK over the DW; from reasons not only from all the threads that praise the SK for its (falsely stated) all-around OP nature, but from the truth that is: SK's are indeed as close to the DW in terms of defensive properties, but with the raw damage of a truck hitting you in the face, which the DW simply do not have! No wonder that people try to protect the SK with false claims of it being balanced and whatnot.. And no wonder people chooses SK's over DW's. A real pity though..

I hate to sound like a brag-ster (which I'm really not at all), but to get my point across, and to print my sayings into the simple-jack minds of those with a ''go budo aura or go home'' mentality of this forum: I, myself, was the first in the world to ever win a budokai aura as a DW. It was a second place solo budokai win back in KR (which was only once a month), and from pure skill, tactic and strategy. With that said, I know the class very well, and see myself as a guy with good insight on this matter (and this is not meant as no other opinions matter!). I also played an SK for a very long time, and even back then -- as it still is -- the DW is just such a lackluster class compared to the superiority of the SK. This goes on pretty much all the areas of what a class are!

I am not all for, that the DW should just get a big dps increase, and then call it a day. No sir'y! There are many, many ways a class can be buffed, tweaked and / or adjusted, in order to make it a viable choice. I think that the DW's tanking role should be embraced!
    For starters, our hit rate and success rate should get a rather drastic increase, as we are a class at the core, that misses almost more than we actually hit anything. Together with the low dps we have as a base, this is just not good at all. Especially also considering that we are a tank class!
    Secondly, our base defense and LP could get a slight increase, as to further distinguish us from our SK brethren (which again, doesn't lack so much behind on this area as they should). More importantly in the defensive department though, would be that we should get a higher base resistance rate, and at the same time get a build-in, passive KD spam filter. Cause that shit is just annoying!
    Moreover, as also mentioned by others on this matter, our taunts should just simply be a 100% apply guarantee, cover a wider area, and more enemies affected, as well as last longer.

This one is gonna be hated by most, but it is my opinion, that the SK's Violent Slice aoe stun ability should be removed from them, and then added to the DW's arsenal instead.

The Demon Wave, which has the potential to become great, should first and foremost be fixed, so that it utilizes the Claws' upgraded weapon attack stats, and then have an energy % value added to it's effect. Not as good as the SK's Bold Strike, but more akin to that skill.

DW's are an energy-based class, and we have a lot of (especially AoE) physically-based attacks, which are simply lacking behind the energy-based ones. One way to fix this, is to equalize our physical stats, or another is to simply buff those physical skills, as to then put more emphasis on a choice between going physically or energy-based. Cause as of right now, it isn't a choice.

There are a LOT more ways the DW could become better, without simply buffing their offensive capabilities, but the above is the gist of it. Well, how about something entirely new to our arsenal? How about instead of the useless passive EP Boost, we could get a passive LP% recovery, like 3/3 would be 15% or something? Think off the grid in the defensive line, here.

So, the questions arise: is it really that odd that people prefer and chooses to go SK over DW? Is it really that weird that SK's are considered the mandatory Tanking class for anything PvE? Is it really that strange that SK's often win PvP-related content, and DW's do not? - These were all rhetorical questions, because as things stand with the DW vs. SK (and always have), the answers to all the questions are a big, sounding NO!

---

Daneos (if you haven't disabled the notification that comes which this poking method) fingers out, and mend the gap!

That is indeed, as you said, sad but true. But even the less popular underdogs needs some loving now and again.
    I personally love the DW's and what they offer; I have always mained it, and back in the day, I have even proved that they aren't just the CC punching bags or brainless farmers that everyone mistakenly still think them as, but truly viable in PvP also, and indeed in every aspect of this game! But with that said, there is a lot of changes that could (and should) be done to this specific class also, among the other lesser popular classes out there.

I smile every time a like-minded individual spreads awareness on this false image everyone has around this very class! :-)

Alright. Still an annoying occurrence for sure!

If anyone know of or have the exact same issue as my opening comments, please let me know. Thanks!

As of right now, Demon Wave is bugged, and therefore not as good as it could / should be! You can read more about this on ColdHell's thread on the matter.

I also think that DW's are long overdue for some balancing, tweaks and buffs! For starters, it would be great if we got some more base hit rate and / or success rate!

I got plenty more great ideas for DW's, but I doubt that the team will even consider to even think about looking at our class anytime soon.

Iceman No. Like ColdHell wrote, the problem is, that the Claw sub weapon's damage isn't calculated into the Demon Wave burn DoT damage at all. Only the actual base energy damage you got from level and race & class stats, and from gloves is considered. The upgrade grade of your claw (which utilizes the Demon Wave's impact and dot damage) isn't considered. We tested it separately and compared results. With ColdHell's +5 claw, it did more damage with the burn dot than my own +13 claw, which is due to glove and base energy damage value differences.

This is kind of a big deal, as us DW's already suffer on the offensive department, and with a skill (Demon Wave) which was never great in retail. but which now is bugged and therefore worse on DBOG too.

Hi Maxtine :)

I feel you on that one! Back in KR, I was a completionist too, and that specific quest you are stuck at, is from a feature that was never implemented into the game. It is called DWC (Dragon World Challenge), and was supposedly some sort of in-game card game system, possibly in the likes of a solo playable version of Dragon Ball Heroes (Arcade) within DBO itself.

You can check out some cool info about it here: http://dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4394

But yeah, unfortunately, the quest doesn't work, as the system isn't in the game, and never was to begin with. Perhaps, it might some day see the light of day! ;)

Hi Oroshimitsu.

Alright. I think so too, because my high-end pc with a 165Hz monitor also can't exceed the 60 frames point.

My issue isn't lag. My game runs silky smooth without lag, until from time to time (and seemingly at fully random times) the fps will just drop down to 20, and then stay locked there for whatever reason. It's just really annoying, so I was hoping someone have experienced it themselves, and have found a permanent fix for this.

Exactly right!

The skills base energy (or physical) damage + your own (physical or energy) attack points times the skills base percentage (* 4.13 if 413%) equals the base impact damage of a skill.

As already written above, a lot of factorts plays into it being higher or lower.

Bumping, as this issue still occurs everytime I play.

Note: I have tried to disable the Windows 10 Defender's periodic scan, which did absolutely nothing on this matter.