Posts by Rob

POB released summer 2016.

We are now 1.5 years from then.

In that time, you could have delegated a team of experienced players to work on balancing issues..

Yet here we are, 3 weeks away from OB, and the game is still struggling to find a balance between PvP and PvE.

Why isn't there a group of advisors, or a group for public relations?

The team works towards being professional, yet they don't take the steps incorporate such behavior.

Truly, the motive of keeping this project private and closed has hindered the potential progress this server could have made.

Thank you, it's wonderful that DBO is finally back. However, what substance of value does it have if the game is broken and constantly having the community divided by the various controversial updates and topics?

Are they going to be available for purchase thru cash shop/Wagu Machine?
    If that is the case, I can't help but see this as a $$$ opportunity.

Keep them in gift boxes and the token shop. Otherwise, quite frankly, they are unnecessary.

What's the point of increasing stone drop rate to this extent, if tickets are now going to be available in-game?

EDIT: I just read HardlockZ post. If tickets are only available through gift box, that's great. This is a good update.

I hope I don't see them in the cash shop and wagu machine later.

Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about.

Weekly restart is what it is, a weekly restart.

There was no reason not to restart, specially since daneos himself knew about that bug.

Yeah buddy, I have no clue what I am talking about....

Like I mentioned before, this is POB, bugs are meant to be happening. If you can't accept that reality, you're taking the game too seriously, and should reevaluate your life. If this was Open Beta I'd understand your concern; fortunately it is not and no official derail in your progress was made.

A server restart is a temporary fix and doesn't help him identify the causes and triggers of the bug/glitch.
    A server restart just to satisfy your desire for competing in a tournament (especially in POB) is unreasonable and not needed for something so trivial.

There are plenty of others experiencing similar bugs in Budokai, all hopefully noticed and reported to Daneos.

Ambush's situation is unique, and I'm sure he's either working on a fix or already has one; as said in this thread.

We have about 4 weeks left till OB. If this issue is still apparent right before or after the release of OB, you must question the capability of the DBOG team and ask yourself; "is this game worth playing and do the devs truly care about this project".

LMFAO you serious? ye this is a problem but this can easy be fixed by downgrading to windows 7 we cant fix these bugs at the click of a button this will take many many hours of daneos's time figuring out what to do. serious bugs come first like game changing bugs and things like freezes and delays can wait.

you act like downgrading to windows 7 is simple and a feasible option lol.

Although your correct open beta will have a higher population on each sever channel, I don't see it being beneficial to separate channels in terms of language.

This isn't a separation. It's to give players an indication that there's a player base that speaks their language; 'and you can find them here'.

1) Some languages do lack the population base of other languages, so finding a party for a dungueon, rank match 1v1 or party, may take longer in some channels then others, may have lack of competition (budokai, dojo wars scramble) if server population is low for a language.

1. This is why the game has multiple channels, this is also why I asked to keep all channels open to different languages. Just because one channel has a preferred language, does not mean you're not entitled to play and enter said channel.

Budos, Dojo Wars, Scramble all occur on one channel.... If the population for these events are low, it isn't the languages that are causing this effect, it's the player base.

2) Making channels based on language will alienate other players from joining the server or possibly leave them open to ridicule if they speak a language other than the servers channels language.

The channels are not based on a language, they have a "preferred" language.

Yes, there's a possibility that some players may be ridiculed for speaking another language. However, speaking different languages is not against the DBOG policy, and any player that ridicules or flames someone for speaking a different language, is violating DBOG rules. We have a ticket system to report players who indulge in such bad behaviour.

Your point is an extreme circumstance, and shouldn't serve as a deterrent to the suggestion, as there are measures set in place; thats sole purpose is to condemn acts such as these.

3)Communication isn't a large problem in game as tempest pointed out theres ways to advertise in your specific language if you are looking for a guild, party, .etc In pve scenarios the average players don't need language to communicate effectively if they know there role in a party ie dende heals, buffer buffs party fighter hits stuff.etc (NOTE: Ill admit reason 3 is a weak reason but its based on my personal experience I have partied with Korean and chineses players without understanding a word they were saying and had no problem doing my role.)

This isn't about making parties with people, and whether or not you can understand them or not.
    Partying with randoms that speak different languages, is simple. You're doing that to accomplish something in the game.

Not to develop friendships or relationships. (Not saying you can't make friends through in-game activities)

And you are wrong, communication is not simple in this game. New players are joining everyday, not knowing what to do. Most are met with someone that speaks a foreign language and can't help them; which in return, turns them off from playing.

You're right, it's a weak argument.

Anyhow, this was just a suggestion that could improve communication in the game.

If people fail to see that the pros outweigh the cons in this instance... What can I do about it lol.

While i too, like the sound of that, people have already given pretty fair points why it's not that good of an idea in the end.
    Not to mention it might piss off or hurt other people who don't use english as their main language, thus giving us more possible problems, such as them sending complaints about it, seeing it as discrimination towards people who don't speak english, and would also bring more people on the said english servers to spam or troll users. I know it sounds insane and ridiculous, but i can guarantee these cases are highly possible.

Not all users would do that, but you get the point.

Most of the points are just opinions...

Why would people complain about "preferred" language?

For the people who do discriminate and troll. There's a report feature in place for a reason. To sanction abusive players.

Why do you only mention English? They are many different languages here? What makes English more important than the rest of them?

The cases you mention are quite extreme, These "radicals" you are suggesting that will appear because of this suggestion have their own individual problems and the issue resides solely with them. This is why we have a report and ban function.

Just in case you don't know, MMORPG are all about playing with other players, if you don't like playing with others then play DBOffline or just stay on your story-mode video games lol, your thread and your answer literally means you don't like other countries or you don't wanna play with other people, either way, it's silly and has 0 arguing lol, nonsense.

Lol, do you really understand the English language?
    Where in my post do I ever suggest that I'm against any other languages playing in this game, where do I mention I do not like playing with other players? If it doesn't make any sense, explain why it doesn't make sense...? Otherwise, quite frankly; you're speaking out of your ass

Stupidity is causing you to spew slander. It's not my fault you can't interpret the meaning of my post.

Stop jumping to extremes and actually critique the idea. Act like an adult.

Nope, much better if we can mingle with everyone.

And for the languages, we have the guilds for that.

In no way shape or form does this idea limit you from mingling with various ethnicity across DBOG... . No changes will be made other than a side note suggesting: "This channel's preferred language is English"

The format I created earlier was just an example of how the setup may look.

Regarding guilds, look at the reply to Tempest's post.

Hi,

Guilds and LFG chat exist for a reason. If players want to play with others that speak their language, then it is advised they join a guild that speaks their respective language or try finding groups through LFG chat.

Every player is welcome on all channels and making a channel for exclusive languages could encourage division amongst players, which is not something that is ideal.

1. There are players who prefer not to join guilds

2. There are players who join guilds that are not of their native language.

3. LFG is not the same as stumbling across someone spontaneously and becoming their friend.

4. LFG was made to help players find groups in order to complete gameplay, it wasn't meant to be used as a source for making friends. Although it gets the job done, it is impractical.

Guilds aren't just for language purposes.

Having new players join DBOG and finding themselves surrounded by players they cannot understand, is also not ideal...

Regarding Sub-Forums. My reply to Xenos is about the same.

Personally I see no point in this whatsoever. It's not dividing the community nor is it really making a difference to anything, so why not just leave the channels as is. Before you say "With specific channels for each language they can meet more people who speak their language on that channel." If you want to find someone who speaks your language, that's what the sub forum is for along with what Tempest said about the LFG chat.

DBOG Forums and DBOG client are separate entities.

Sub-forums can only get people so far... You're making the assumption that everyone will be using the forums.

You would have to disengage from the game, enter forums and find players you can speak to and play with, rather than just coming across them in-game.

Makes literally no sense, there are more chinese/HK/TW players than germans for exemple, so why would there be a german channel ? there already is a sub-forum for every most-common languages here.

But in game ? the server is already empty from a gamer's perspective, having anything that would divide us would be a terrible idea, this isn't TERA or Dragon Nest or whatever with empty servers because of region-based servers.

This is Dragon Ball Online Global.

Wow, thanks for letting me know this is DragonBall Online Global?
    OB's player base will be greater than that of which we are seeing now; the end of POB.

And I don't know how it doesn't make sense? Every channel will still be accessible to all players, there's no restrictions on players in terms of which channel they can enter.

And explain how this divides the player base? Every character is still playing on the same server...

It's just curtailed for players to match up with people that speak their language...

Lol.... "divide the playerbase". Wars are doing already buddy.

It would be cool if channels had preferred languages.
    Finding people that speak the same language would be made easier.

For example, Channel 4 - English

Channel 3 - Spanish

Channel 2 - German

Channel 1 - Bilingual

If some form of language specification is made for channels, it'll make communication simple.

Bugging or not, leveling a character to 70 dont take hours, it take weeks or even MONTHS.

Those items will just give some bonus, it will not make the difference between players at higher levels, i just proposed LEVEL 30 rewards and some boosters to level up, something fair considering how much takes to level up a character to 70.

And wagu coins have a certain rate, some players will get something good, others will get nothing, it is based in pure luck.

The game already provides small boosts and presents that equip you with starter items. I don't see why Daneos should add more than that. A simple exp boost event should suffice.

There should be no rewards or extra boosts for players who specifically played in POB.
    We should all start on a clean slate.

What Daneos should do, is provide a 200% exp boost for the opening weekend.
    Open Beta drops Mar 1, which falls on a Thursday.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday, would be a great time for players to use that exp boost. There's gonna be a colossal population in starter areas and leveling could be difficult in the first few days.

An experience boost will not only alleviate that, but it'll be a nice gesture for players who've worked hard and enjoyed their time in POB.

We're starting with a level cap lower than 70. There shouldn't be any problems with people blazing through the first level cap.

PS. Imagine parties of playerw running around exterminating everything lol.. That mob grind in a party with an exp boost; holy shit folks.

When it comes to the level 33 stone; I always see half-ass rebuttals against it

"The game is easy enough as it is, keep it out of the game" - Okay, and what's your point? If you feel as if you need only a day to level from 1-33, then that's good for you. I'd rather not add another 24 hours on top of the heavy 1000 hrs I already have playing DBO.

And for those who may think it's P2W, explain yourself rather than spewing it out without any explanation.

To use the stone, you must manually level yourself up to level 10; and besides, Mass genocide on purple squirrels is not my forte.. I'd like to skip that..