Posts by Rob

He still has to maintain the game, the servers which the game runs on, as well as constantly update things to "improve" the end-user experience. No way a lazy-ass /b/astard like Daneos will go to the trouble to do stuff like that without getting something in return lol.

I hate Daneos as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I am willing to lie to myself about the reality of the situation. If the man on top ain't getting $$$ he certainly won't continue providing a free service. I'd personally prefer P2W than P2P, at least for such a dated game as Dragon Ball Online. While I sure as hell won't be giving any money to Daneos directly, I don't mind others doing so as it allows me to continue playing free of charge =^-^=

The whole "donation" concept is bullshit. Ain't nobody paying hard earned money unless they get something for it in-game.

That's understandable. Without donations, it would be next to impossible to run a private server.
    But this isn't how you implement a donation system, this is how you get the game shut down.

This money is going to Daneos directly. Who else is it going to? How are we supposed to know how he manages that money?
    We're supposed to trust a guy just because he runs a private server??

It should be neither P2W nor P2P. It must be F2P to avoid copyright claims.

I'll write more later, it's too early in the morning for me lol.

The way I see it is if you are too lazy to lvl properly from 1-33, this game probably isn't for you...

People have been playing this game for 8 years....

It's not about laziness.

There was once a time in DBO where fly never existed, translations never existed....
    You need to understand that there's a playerbase in this community, that is tired of the repetition.

If you can't understand that. U a nab.

Why not create a daily quest, to receive stones.

Have a criteria that needs to be met in order to obtain a stone of your choosing. Don't add white stones.

For example: Kill 400 boars for u70 green, blue, purple, red. --- include downgrades too.

24hr CD for quest.

Lmao, for the people suggesting it's out of Daneos's way to produce some sort of festive activity/gift/event; this project has been supported to a great degree by the community. --

The amount of donations this project has received, and the player base's constant appeasing; you'd expect some sort of feedback from him or the DBOG team.

Not saying they will or won't do something for XMAS, but actions speak a lot.

Even if it's something simplistic or small-scale, a sign of recognition would be nice. After all, we're here because of US and HIM.

I'd personally like to see the annual snow patch for the holidays from retail.
    Now that would be something worth logging in for.

You can't publicize anything on this forum.

Anything that hints malicious intent from Daneos or his staff is immediately shut down or not answered. You can't even send a ticket regarding certain issues because you already know that no action will be taken.

I'm not saying everyone on the team is ill-willed or Daneos is a bad guy. But y'all need to grow some balls and learn to take critique. And damn son, learn to take jokes too lmao.

Too many hyprocrits.

Very interesting question, has been going on my mind for quite a while and honestly I can only think of a basic roll-back method. As for the logs you never know what a Developer hides in his arsenal. Yet, you guys that used Pipiload back in the day are not supposed to worry. New cashers neither. Great idea for a topic otherwise.

Yeah I figured the amount of CP used will be located somewhere in our character logs. No confirmation on that.

I also wonder if we're receiving back the current value of CP/$ we spent, or if the reimbursement will be adjusted according to the date of the purchases.

As promised in POB, all cp will be reimbursed to players who have cashed prior to the release of OB.

How will this process work, will we have to show our own logs of purchases considering Daneos has deleted logs from Pipiload days?
    Will we have to send screenshots of our emails from Pipiload?

After the deletion of previous CP purchase logs, how does the DBOG team track purchases, in order to assure a paying player's reimbursement?

Also, the cost and value of CP has varied since the beginning of OB. Will the amount returned depend on the date of purchase as well?

EDIT: Pipiload site has been shutdown for a while now.

But what are the implications of having a Cash Shop?
    A cash shop that a mod just admitted was P2W.

I haven't checked the recent updates with the cash shop personally, but it seems more gamble based. You pay $$$ for a chance to obtain an item you want. It's a smart move to prioritize profit as it keeps players spending money frequently for specific items.

I already gave up on certain aspects of this project. I couldn't care less how they administer their changes from retail at this point.

You can't even speak some truth without getting banned. Best part is we get a literal BOX for a moderator. That dude's the best.

Get the game running, keep it running, don't get it shutdown because of some cash shop. If Bandai takes notice of this, and see's it as a potential threat to any of their upcoming games; you can bet Daneos will be receiving a couple emails.

Be careful with how you spend your money on this game. This game could potentially be shutdown in an instant. If this statement isn't true, I'd like for someone to explain why.

The problem with people here is they talk about the past, what i said x months ago or whatever, but as far as i'm concerned, as of lately, i'm not the one doing harm--

I do appreciate the fact that so many people seem to care about the image that i reflect, more than i do~

I'll just do me, eager for beta.

I think you got the wrong picture projected in your head.

Do whatever keeps you busy I guess.

What about the guy from dbocom.com? He helped us foreigners a lot with a space that we could share some tips, guides and so much on. He may not have accomplished a lot in game, but outside he was great IMO.

His name was Citrinate? just making sure we're talking about the same guy.

He built quite the foundation for foreign players. DBO is probably where it is right now because of him.

There's a lot of stuff/players/guilds missing here; you'll probably update it though hopefully.

A list of memorable guilds would be cool.

And just to put this out there; IMO anyone who brags about achieving anything in the current state of the game seems like a twat.

The game is in POB. The game is meant to be played for testing. Who is really taking a test server competitively? A high count of the veteran player base doesn't even play atm. That being said, claiming titles of superiority is quite redundant, if not stupid. To go on bragging about it is embarrassing.

Sendoku, You give off the impression that players are lesser than you. As a dude who casually checks the status of the game every now and then; most of the posts I've seen of yours are either glorifying yourself or bashing another player. It's fair that most your rebuttals are due to the fact people are flaming you; but isn't it fair to say your brought the hate on yourself? That's not something to be proud of. Congratulations on your "achievements" though. You now join the long list of successful players of DBOG Pre-Open Beta.

Game longevity.

Balance of pros and cons.

Active Administration.

Happy Player base.

Minor tweaks or not, focus on fulfilling this criteria and the game will sort itself.
    What I mentioned above should always be kept in mind when a update or tweak is made.

Following the steps of other MMO's and using their decisions as a base for this game is wrong.
    This is a separate entity, with it's own community, with it's own game.

Just because BDO does something successfully, doesn't mean it will be well implemented here. Just saying.

Its funny how you're trying to make it look like something of a big deal when its not, you're like those peeps on the media who turns a crash car accident into terrorist attack by Isil and al keida, you're going to make them lock topic again because you're actually more concerned about them than binding items.

You're wrong to believe that. I'm sorry you didn't understand the main idea of my message.

Oh btw, insults aren't gonna get you anywhere with me.

You are an exiled god for reason.

Now please if you may, stay on topic. Otherwise there's this big schlong waiting to be siphoned by you.

A lot of people agree with this update.

A lot of us believe it needs a couple of tweaks for it.

But of course, this was a individualistic decision

It just happened out of nowhere, without polls or any prior information.

Then people voiced opinions, and bam shutdown.

And the worst part is, this update is based of false assumptions. Their defenses for the update are vague and have flaws. That's why there's an uproar.

This is why it's annoying. People don't seem to get that.