Posts by ImAMonster

While on the formula of Dodge vs Hit rate...

Why don't we implement something I've seen in many other games such as:

No matter how much DEX/Dodge you have, you will Always have a 15% chance to hit your target. - I believe DBO also uses something similar which is why low lvl players still hit lvl 70s.

Some examples of how it works:
    If you have 100% hit rate and target has 0% dodge, you will then have 100% chance to hit him.
    If you have 0% hit rate and target has 100% dodge, you can only hit them with a 15% chance.
    If you have 80% hit rate and target has 100% dodge, you can only hit them with a 15% chance.
    If you have 70% hit rate and target has 50% dodge, you can hit them with 85% change.

Basically this function was used on a Resistance vs Accuracy formula... where you can land debuffs even on 100% resist users... but this doesn't mean it will always work. 15% is a very small number!

The idea is.... if this formula works correctly (as expected) the hit rate would land much less on a user that has what would be introduced as a dodge cap (100%).... as it only has 15% chance to hit.

Same formula can be applied to status resistance.

What we do need though is to lower the effects %... because currently they go over what would be 100%.

So lower the stats and make the game more "controllable"

Question is, can you get the same amount of foc/hit rate as you can get dex/dodge rate?

Thought so.

If that's the case then where's the balance?

You have to make a turtle/swords to hit a fighter? How about the rest of the characters which have low foc/hit rate? That ain't no balance at all lol.

Repair the agile can avoid skills is actually better

^ best answer

Just reached level 33, and the free-flight is a God Send!!! Leveling has been a breeze so far due to the transportation alone! Allow me to reiterate: How did people reach level 70 back then? I doubt anyone dedicated their time solely to grinding.

just for the record the flight works at 30+

Idea is, big steps = more area covered with less steps... currently they move at the same speed as they would without transformation but because they are big it is in slow motion.
    If they had faster move speed they would walk normally and cover more area with each step. That's the sense.

Hey just wanted to know if you could provide some examples from the "private server's history" you are referring to. I have close to zero experience with private servers (this is my first to be honest), so I would really appreciate some insight, as you seem to be knowledgeable in that matter.

However, if you are the adult with a job you say you are you should probably try to express yourself in a more mature way, more so if you think you are surrounded by kids which I think it's not the case. It's just other people with strong opinions that know how to interact - and some who clearly don't - in a forum environment, using for example the dislike button to express disagreement instead of you know, calling other forum members "kids with no job".

Thanks

In terms of private servers I am talking about any game that the Official died off, same way as DBO. If you don't believe me look up MMO Games such as Dekaron/2Moons, WOW, MU Online, AION, even Blade and Soul will follow... and many many more. Just look up xtreme games or something.

On the second point about being an adult, trust me using a button to like/dislike is the most childish thing ever on this forum because everyone use it to express their hate lol. Kinda invalidates your point, just look around the forum... maybe only a few posts will make good use of the like/dislike buttons like those which vote for something. Other than that its all to down-vote everything, mature right? :D

You don't even understand what I'm talking about... why do you even comment on it if you haven't read it properly?

Well anyway here goes a quick explanation.

Lack of investment is referred to as lack of revenue for the server.
    Hmm lets try that even simpler as I doubt you'll understand...
    When people stop donating for dogis/stones/etc because they have it all As we did back in TW... they will stop donating for the server.
    What happens to the server then? Surely you can answer this one.

Its not about how much time developers invest into fixing bugs.

You lot only think short term.. that's why I am saying you're just quick to judge and immature.

Plus how is it an insult to all those "no lifers" who play non stop when I used to be one? Its called sarcasm.

Instead of arguing without anything useful why not provide better idea to keep the server going long term?

I think you meant to say for retarded piece of useless shit who are so fucking bad at gaming that they need everything to be easier ?

Very funny. I'm actually TankLikeABoss. Probably means nothing to you but the fact is i definitely didn't suck at this game nor do i need things to be easier. This server will be dead due to lack of investment sooner or later. I am providing an alternative to keep dbo going.

And yes there are a lot of people which want things easy after all why not?

Doing end game content doesn't matter if exp is high. Tweaks can still be done to keep it interesting.

Oh and another small note to get ur heads out of ur asses. I probably lvled more chars 0-70 in tw than you ever did.

You lot and ur down votes are so quick to judge lol.

Not everyone is still a kid with no job who would like to enjoy the game.

big NOTE: AFTER MOST BUGS ARE FIXED....

You could make 2 private servers.

1. Being the same as it is now... for the people who have time to play the game.

2. A High EXP/DROP etc (for fun server) which people who have a life and not much time can enjoy as well.

I can almost guarantee it from private server's history that the HIGH EXP/DROP stuff will generate more income if you base the cash shop/what ever in a good way.
    Say for example for Dogis, something not needed but cool to have.

In the original series, SSJs can fly and dash, Kidd Buu (Pure Majins) can fly and dash, but Great Namekians can only take slow but giant steps.
    I am all up for Majins getting the fly and dash, but Great Namekians just physically shouldn't be able to.
    Overall though, Great Namekian is the worst transformation in the game to be honest! Maybe it needs a little more love later on when everything is under control :)

Then simply increase movement speed of nameks when transformed?

Makes sense to me..

A 3 man requirement would be plausible i guess.

To make a guild by yourself sounds like a lot of bad guild name abuse. Same with 2 people as it could be double clienting. 3 or more... still doable but not that likely (too much effort for banter)

from what i see @mrhunt11 cares about this game more then u do, he wants a game where everyone can have fun because classes are unbalanced.
    @mrhunt11 dw about dex being nerfed, im sure daneous will change other stats, or even give dex more resistance who knows. one more thing to add idk if dex got nerfed in my opion cause my Swordsmn with 475 dodge is dodign attacks from a snake. evey 1/5 of an attack it dodges.

@Kamekameman just GEt LOST, no one is asking ur option about "MENOWS' you're freaking restarted who hates everything, u even freaking hate the new mod choices. that Daneous had to delete your thread. plz Kame if u have nothing positive to say dont say it then.

Yo what's with all the hate?

When I was reading threads ages ago, kamekame man did make some stupid replies and got on my nerves to (although I just ignored him).

BUT in this case there's nothing negative in his post so what's the aggression for?

I mean yeah no-one asked him about his me me and now now theory but that's no need to cut his head off.

What the hell is wrong with you people nowadays... chill out.

Internet gives you way too much freedom i swear.

As for the changes... just stop being so demanding. It's not the final change to the server jeez.

Hey, could we get a second skilltree ( both for same masterclass) to change between pvp/pve builds? :thumbup:

Great idea, would totally make sense to have a PVE build for CC/etc pve wise and a PVP build.

Heck even 1 PVP plat build and 1 Budokai build.

This should be moved to suggestions.

Not sure if you're in the discord group or not but when asked about it on there he stated that it won't take around more than 10 minuets to just set it as a PvP arena. Whether or not he does that depends on the reaction he gets on the forums and when he has the spare time to implement it :)

I am not in the discord group, but lets say I know what I'm talking about when it comes to bugs and development.

You say 10 minutes but did you ask further?

is the current platform bug free?

If not then that simply doubles work for fixing both arenas afterwards + the location of the new one will produce new bugs due to other objects around.

Conclusion: its better to do such a "small" tweak when you are happy with the status of the process being replicated, not add more work long term for a "simple" change.

How about if there was a re-spawn time after you died on a platform or by another player.

Reason: Just think about it... You want to "conquer" the platform for a bit... but obviously you can't.
    Why? Because they can re-spawn almost instantly, come back to plat and spam hit/kill you.

My Idea goes like this, if you've been killed by a player... have a re-spawn time of say... 20-30 seconds or maybe longer? Nothing too ridiculous though!

Do keep in mind that if we get the CELL PLATFORM... the re-spawn will be closer to platform than the Korin one.

This way, if you're good, you can hold your back for longer in the platform. After all its not a chilling area.. its a PVP area.

What do you think?

First post on here but I had to for this one.

Please do keep in mind that by making a second (NEW) platform this will introduce bugs, delay other stuff being developed and so on.

I am more than happy to chose both, that way people who use bugs can stay at the new plat on their own.

Please don't implement the change yet, focus on the other functionality first like budokai/dojo wars/db hunt etc.

As a tweak for after open beta then yeah why not.

My vote goes to both areas but keep in mind what i said above. PEOPLE WILL LOOK FOR BUG ABUSES!