Posts by Sabin

If thats the way you want to look at it then you can counter that no problem. Option 1 go full anti para 100% anti para = No sudden stun. Option 2 soon as match starts slow the turtle then freeze soon as freeze is applied sleep him then go ahead with the combo. No matter how you look at it a good crane will own every turtle no matter who is behind the keyboard:thumbup:

option 2 is beaten by a turtle going for sleep right after freeze. Freeze doesn't lock the target after the CC is done(unless it's somehow different here). All he has to do is spam the skill and slow takes 1 second , you won't sleep the turtle first, your best bet is option 1 in fact, but even so if both go for sleep at the same time it becomes a matter of ping here , either way Most turtles here might've sucked if they don't know this, its basic.

lol trust me as crane you hope for fights against turtles because they are easy wins every time. Soon as match starts you freeze wait till end of freeze duration then sleep. Turtles can do nothing because discs are not instant they have a delay which means freeze will just cancel his discs if he trys to use discs. There is only 1 way a Turtle would beat a good crane and that is if the Crane has awful ping and the turtle has good ping in which the turtle will use turtle book at the start of the match then when the crane trys to sleep the turtle uses Turtle Rod KD this will cancel the cranes sleep and therfore give turtle the upper hand in which he can disc them and then sleep. Martial artists are a problem for spiritualists but mainly swordsman. Fighter is too RNG for me to say fighters are easy. And yes making the waves 15m would be fine but if it happens or not is up to Daneos.

Actually, a smart turtle playing a good crane is 50/50 pretty much , it goes to guessing.

if after freeze you go to sleep first, he can dash and sudden stun you, if you go to slow first he can go to sleep and sleep you first.

I agree. The only time i found myself wishing Thousand Slashes was stronger is against karmas because you dont have much time to get the job done.

39% Jacket, 15% Title, 10% gloves, 2x 20 Con Rings You will have around 13-14k LP this is more than enough to deal with fighters. As long as you are not paper and you actually put effort in upgrading your gears. Base Damage needles are nothing to ride home about they are very average in damage. As for swordsman you would not wear anti crit you would go full con or when focus is working you might even go full focus in order to make his combo a lot harder to do since his stuns are much shorter. The AOE has nothing to do with what i mean when i say broken. 35m Instant stun if that is not broken i dont know what is. Even if they use 100% anti confuse you can then fire the 35m paralysis in which they will have no time to switch accessories. My video of showing thousand slashes early dbog times was just me showing the difference of now and back then.

I feel like the balance here hears cries instead of factual data. There is one crane winning in a budokai filled with 31 sk's , fighters and karmas but somehow that one crane is penalized.

Most games there is a job called game designer where he is responsable to evaluate data before applying buffs and nerfs. It seems like the job is vacant here.

Well remember these bleeds do around 1-1.2k dmg every 2 seconds with RP Dmg but if you want to think of it like that and want to see Cranes play without bleeds and just burns then watch the video below. Solid Burn + RP DMG does almost 1000 every 2 seconds anyway so its pretty much the same. So you can imagine 1000 Solid Burn (AOE) then Thousand Slashes 1 shots pretty much anything back then.

What scares me is that people don't realise the change to 40% wouldn't actually change the outcome of those matches. On the video sendoku uses 3 to 4 solid burns before using 1k slashes, his targets were way bellow 50% life he is basically bypassing auto pots in that video. He is hitting 17k damage with 3 solid burns, if you decrease in that video the damage to 40% instead of 70 they would still be hit by 9714.

That's a 2 minute cooldown skill hitting for 9k , all you'd have to do is making sure the target is bellow that mark and you bypass the auto pot. Meaning players will still complain that cranes are op and will ask for nerfs on a skill that needs a lot of preparation ( in the video you showed us I can see holes in his combo that can be easilly exploited). Decreasing any less the damage and we are talking lv 45 levels of damage here on a 2 minute skill. I just hope the skill doesn't suffer any more rebalances but I'm skeptical.

This is a video of Thousand Slashes in DBOG before it was changed.

It was nerfed because i agree it was too OP but i think it is still a bit underpowerd right now but thats just my opinion.

LOL.

He uses dodon ray with RP ( a bleed ) , then dodon barrage with RP ( also a bleed ) and then the thousand slash skill crits. Had that player be wearing 100% anti bleed in that video he would've been hit close to 0 damage on crit.

Cranes have to rely on Solid Burn in pvp , I can't wait to see vids of solid burns doing 6k damage with the new patch on a 2 minutes skills while also getting hit for 40k from fighters on a 16s cooldown skill.

They didn't test the class properly, the DOT defenses weren't working and the nerf was based on plat :/

Isn't it funny how some players that have some op classes can just ask daenos for nerfs so they can keep winning? I wonder, in a game that skill isn't a requirement where do you draw the line and choose what class will be the strongest one?

I'm curious, how was thousand slashes nerfed?

The new token system is perfect, all Daneos has to do is cut all prices by 4. Make it so things dont cost 35 hours but instead 6 to 8 hours and everyone is happy.

Well said, but your values are bit high. I mean, you have your usual 8 work hours + your 8 sleep hours which leaves you with 8 hours to play the game. That means it would take a few days to get most of the things you propose. It should be even lower than that considering you'd have to be pretty hardcore to play 10 hours dailly ( and not very healthy either).

Also it would be interesting to add ( for a lot of points of course ) Silver boxes to that. At least it would help drop the prices of brown boxes a little.

I was going to add your points but since you did I just quoted you, but I disagree on the tourny part. There are a lot of problem with ranked right now.

- Players can just quit and not lose points, you won't get any as well

- Parties can still farm, get 3 times as much mudosa, all members will get em as well and each member will participate in solo budokai

- Players that shouldn't participate can still register and get called, but they will crash inside, either way those players still deny entry to those that have the rights to enter.

- The tournament time restrictions make it so some players can not participate which is unfair.

Things that need fixing for the new ranked system to work.

1 - Players can just quit the ranked negating points to the oponent.

That creates a loop where weak players will farm weaker players and strong players won't be able to get any points from them, denying their entry to solo budokai.

2 - Players can still farm mudosa illegaly on low pop hours

3 - The party ranked and the solo ranked is the same. Party matches give 3 times the amount of mudosa points than solo does, everyone barelly plays party meaning a handfull of players can get themselves into solo budokai just by farming mudosa with friends in a party

4 - If you play in a bad timezone there won't be anyone for you to fight continually decreasing your chances of getting into budokai.

This new system was planned by the DBO G Staff months in advance, in which it was mentioned in the Open Beta 2018 FAQ, so the idea and feature wasn't exactly created "on a whim".

Before Open Beta, it was predicted that there would be issues with the preliminary round and it's exceeded capacity (due to the high server population). Obviously increasing the number of participants each round was experimented with and was tested because this would have been the easiest solution, in which it was found to be impossible as it would crash the client. The client in regards to budokai can only fit so many participants.

and how about spreading budokai throughout the day so players from different timezones can participate?

TBH i dont think anything is wrong with allowing just the best players from mudosa , makes the torneys harder and more competitive.

Here's the problem. How many players can actually participate? Is every high ranker in mudosa legit? Can guild mates lose on purpose to help players get called to play budokai? Does gear matter in pvp, if it does, where do you get the time between farming mudosa, getting gear and having a life?

The team is trying to make mudosa farm illegal, I get that. Making it a must to play solo budokai is not the way considering how solo budokais only happen once a day in a timezone not everyone can participate. It's just not fair.

Just by reducing the chs that rankeds can be played is already enough.

The issue on how many players could enter the budokai is easilly fixed by imposing a limited number of entries. First come First served is still the best way to do budokai.

Still, this is not what this post is about. He is talking about monsters clipping inside terrain, that is an issue that needs to be treated as critical.

i agree with you. I think spirits and other classes damaging skills should do more damage instead of relying so much on things like a 23sec sleep to win a match. i dont have nearly as much experience with DBO as i do with other mmos but things like a 23sec sleep is unheard of in most games especially ones with competitive pvp.

That's not true. WoW pvp has 23 seconds CC skills just like DBO , actually hunters have a talent called tranquilizer that used to do 40s sleep. It's been reduced to 15s now though.

Such skills are used to lock the healer , of course in wow we have things called trinkets and there are other ways to go around it.

What wow doesn't have, or any competitive pvp game for that matter , is this absurd amount of cc's that last for so long, now that's unheard of.

That alone is enough to balance the class? Sorry I don't want to sound defensive. Just curious.

here is the thing, bold strike won't be as strong once everyone can build energy defense to have around 3k energy def. Since his bleeding scales, lower damage means lesser LP taken away from bleeding. But Drain life is a physical skill that heals him no less making him a power house against humans at cap level.

Like i keep saying, the only nerf needed is life drain, because it's physical damage.

Pointless to spam when the only change needed is logical, when you know the game.

Agreed, that's a very strong physical skill for a class that has also very strong energy attacks, making it super hard to build around it.

neither, honestly a ultimate with cdr + 2 spins + his own buffs is much more efficient unless you have the zennies to invest in a good +12 glove and + 12 wand, in that case go turtle.

The pve build for 45 would be something like this:

https://tools.dboglobal.to/?to…3000010213011122100011000

left out 11 point on purpose for you to add anyway you want. you basically will use Sudden Stun , Weaken Defense and super kame, if that didn't finish the mobs ( which it should) then use Scatter shot to finish them of. I like Spirit ball lv 1 as that skill packs some damage in the back and its a good option to deal with single threats. Hope I helped.