Posts by mattotk

If you compare both tanks dw is very underpowered, he has advantages at taking many mobs at the time, while dark warrior has a great pve skill called dragon punishment, sk has steal life that last 36 seconds.

Now lets compare aggro between them, sk has dragon will an op aggro skill that last 2 minutes and deception that has a range of 35 meters, affect 14 mobs, decrease energy attack by 25% and last 16 seconds, in the other hand dark warrior has powerful roar, skill that cause aggro in a range of 14 meters and affect 10 mobs, isn't a big diference for a pvp tank? where is the reason to choose dw over sk when playing pve challenges?

Both burns are really diferent, sk has a great damage, while dw burn can get a max of 4.3 k at 4 sp and just if you use rp on it, that add's the charge time and of course the skill cast time, and all that for 4k, try that against ud3 mobs with 20k health

More zeni is equal to higher prices, maybe stone drop should be higher than outside, but i don't think that increasing the zeni would do any good.

If you use RP power up it increases the burn damage by 615 at max lvl, but never the less, having the skill based on Claws would make it considerably stronger and much more useful in a DW's kit.

Base damage is just too low, the skill is useless until you put 3 sp on it, and for that you must reach level 49.

Total damage of the skill with 3 sp and using rp like 3.5k and this doesn't change even when level 70, with 4 sp you will hit 3.5 - 4k damage, without rp and less damage because of this burn defense or skill being defective, lets calculate a fixed damage of 349 and a burn damage between 120 - 185 in the best of cases you have 1274, that sucks for a level 70 character.

If you just use dw for farming purpose i think is not that bad because mobs have between 7k-9k at level 70, but go and play ud and tmq against mobs with 20k-30k health, i'm not saying that dw should have powerful skils, but damage is just too low as it was in tw, and skill being bugged is just terrible.

I did a long comment but coldhell is just complaining about the dot damage not scaling, and in my case i have exact damage with level 25 claws and level 50 claws both +8, and in both cases the damage is lower than the description, not fair eh?.

What iceman is saying is correct, ill take the info from the skill calculator.

Demon wave has only a fixed damage, there is no % energy damage component to it. Hence if you have upgrades claws or not the damage should always be 349 at level 4.

??

We are referring to burn damage, if you use the skill then the blast will hit and cause a fixed damage, then the burn will start its effect but this burn that is supposed to be 133 with 2 sp and 157 with 3 sp, just causes 90 and sometimes even less.

Indeed mobs have burn defense, but serious no matter the claw you use, and the upgrade that you have on it, it always cause less damage than the one in the description, never more.

As of right now, Demon Wave is bugged, and therefore not as good as it could / should be! You can read more about this on ColdHell's thread on the matter.

I also think that DW's are long overdue for some balancing, tweaks and buffs! For starters, it would be great if we got some more base hit rate and / or success rate!

I got plenty more great ideas for DW's, but I doubt that the team will even consider to even think about looking at our class anytime soon.

Because is not populated, and most of people just use it as a famer, sad but true

Some mobs don't have burn def, they will get full burn DOT.

Others with burn def, burn DOT will be reduced.

You didn't get what i'm saying, demon wave damage is calculated by claws, and no matter which claws you use, the damage doesn't change, and that is wrong, mobs can have burn defense, but even then they should take more damage because your weapon is highly upgraded and they don't take it, in fact they take much less

It isn't resistance it is burn defense.

Some mobs have it, some don't.

Then if that's correct, some mobs should also get more damage from skill, right? i'm asking this because it was never the case for me in open beta, mobs always got less damage, no matter the upgrade in my claws, and yeah from 133 to 96 as max, is a big difference.

Well that is because it is fixed damage and it should have %energy damage part, as ultimates burns on horns.

Right now it is alright to set burn DOT but ain't that great. xD

But what about resistance? if i use the skill at level 2 it should cause 133 burn every 2 seconds, instead i got 66-93 with and without upgraded claws. if mobs are going to resist it, then your strengh should also count for the damage calculation.

The burn is great but it's way too low without RP, it should be like 100/200/300/400 burn dmg without RP, then same bonus with RP as of right now, making it become about - 1100 maxed.

I mean, SK's life drain is a - 1000 32 seconds dot after all.

As you both stated, demon wave is great only if you use rp to cast it, but even with that addition it would only be reliable in 60- levels, in level 70 cap is better to use masenko or super beam cannon because of the raw damage, dark warrior was heavily nerfed in pro of sk, made in taiwan...

That could be ok, using transformations every 20-25 minutes with proper gear.

I mainly use dw and dende, great namek is great against bosses because of endurance, but the 10 min limit and the high cd makes it almost useless, i think that would be better to tweak it a bit, like much lower cd or even more limit if they actually want to put a limit to it, because right now it's very situational skill.

The cash option is not meant to take advantage on other people, is to avoid the time that you should spend because that's what are you really paying, "time".

Now, this doesn't mean that you should farm 5 hours a day for a +10 gear, because you can forget about +13 equipment by farming several hours, unless you have extreme luck on which all of this is based.

Personally i have invested a lot of time in pre beta, just because i really wanted to play this game and never regret that, stopped playing after 5 level 70 characters, the reason was simple, the upgrade system was terrible, and i'm talking with the no broken penalty, even then you had to spend much time and zeni just to depend on your luck, ¿the result? 2.3kkk = +7 weapon, really good yes.

To be honest, the broken status would only increase the gap between cashers and no cashers, before you had to expend an insane amount of real money to get a great increase, that or spending too much time farming, ¿who want to waste 5 to 10 hours a day farming? that's insane..

The reason to expend money is to save the time that you should spend to get that thing that you want, but not to make it innecesarely unfair for no cashers, so if you want to expend money in exchange of an easy upgrade, you should be able to do it but that does't justify that other players have to waste more than 30 hours farming for a fair upgrade than can posibly break and throw away the effort you made.

Now we can see a lot of competitive players, at least in gear, back in pre open you wouldn't, and remember that you can buy stones up to 55 by using tokens, you won't see that in level 60+ cap, so this is for mid-low levels.

I Totally agree.....I mean cmon..atleast make it at lvl 10 to 15 Solo Noob Players has to upgrade their Gear to defeat mobs and do quests easier...........

Well, if you want to kill mobs faster as you should be able to... then yes, you have level 1 to 30 for a reason...

Hi everyone, well i wanted to buy stones from action house, because wasn't getting a thing from doing quests. surprisely i couldn't, so i have to keep using -7 level weapons ultil i get stones from multiple quest or casual drop, ¿the low level stones from action house are for people that is starting with a second character? it's a shame but looks like if you are new you can't do pretty much.

I understand that this was implemented to avoid people from buying and selling using level 1 characters (i remember something like that) but common this also ruins just a little the experience for new players that don't have people to buy for them, thanks for reading

I see, as i had the game didn't think about downloading again but i understand that the game changed a lot, thanks for the answer.