Posts by Fluffy

Honestly, Dragon Ball was far greater before.
    It was my favourite part of the entire series, I was never much into all that saiyan, aliens and all that crap xD

Everyone had a part in it, after that is was all Goku this and Goku that. Tho it was still good it already lacked some of the magic from DB.
    Now ... it just lacks everything '-' It's, um, it's just something you gotta watch every sunday so you can cross it off your To Do list hahaha

DB certainly had a certain "whimsy" to it. It felt weird, quirky, but still was able to be serious when it needed (without being cheesy like GT or DBS). Some fights in the original DB were some of the best fights in the entire series if you ask me. Kid Goku vs Muten Roshi at the first Tenkaichi in the series was intense af. The whole King Picollo fight was awesome too. And then ofc, you had a teen Goku and all his "frenemies" teaming up to take on Picollo Jr; so freakin badass. Muten Roshi was actually strong af in DB as opposed to becoming a total joke like in DBZ, GT, and DBS. Bulma was actually pretty hot in DB, unlike DBZ, GT, and DBS where she transformed into an old ass woman. Need I bring up the delicious outfit Kid Chi Chi donned in contrast to her frumpy adult self? And then there were completely badass characters like Tao Pai Pai who killed people with his tongue, b!tch slapped fools with his ponytail, and could cruise through the skies on a freakin' concrete pedestal he threw into the air.

Dragon Ball Z, on the other hand, certainly lost some of that magic you speak of. Things generally got much more serious, aliens coming down revealing the truth behind Goku's past, Goku & co. tasked with saving the Earth from the Saiyans and then the universe from Freeza, Cell, and Majin Buu. While it lost some of its quirky awesomeness, I feel like it evolved in a way that many people prefer to its predecessor. Even myself included. I love how they told a story of Goku being a simple little kid with super human strength and had him develop and evolve throughout the series becoming one of the most powerful forces in the universe. It was a captivating tale of constant self improvement; just had you on the edge of your seat waiting for "what Goku could possibly pull off next?". The villains were serious and intimidating which made Goku's progress seem all the more urgent. Masterfully composed story with wonderful animation that actually improved on DB's offerings prior.

Dragon Ball GT was a soulless cash grab by Toei. Toriyama didn't even have involvement in this project, so it is understandable that the story would be half assed. While the narrative elements certainly left alot to be desired, the visuals did not disappoint. It was nearly as polished as DBZ in many instances; offering smooth and detailed action scenes as well as emotionally charged scenes of despair. Sure, there existed some characters who were insufferable like Pan (which really kills me as a cute loli protagonist SHOULD have been a dream come true for me), but at least GT had a few redeeming factors here and there.

Then came DBS, which stripped away the beautiful hand drawn cel animation of DB, DBZ, and GT and replaced it with Flash Trash animation. You would think since Toriyama returned to write the story things would at least be better in the narrative department, but I feel as though this is the aspect that DBS fails on the hardest. Countless people have mentioned all the plotholes, stupid cringeworthy scenes, etc, so I don't think I need to delve into that again lol. As a final word, though, I find it astonishing how DB GT, with its lack of any Torityama input whatsoever, was somehow able to produce a design like SSJ4. So much creativity went into that design, and it looked badass as hell. But somehow, with Toriyama's full participation in DBS, the best he can come up with is lazy-ass SSJ recolors LMFAO. "Oh look, now his hair is red. Oh snap, now it is blue! Surely you guys are impressed now, right?" -.-

And I understand you guys may hate DBS but you guys are old school, from a older generation. Understand this is a new generation with different opinions.

^Yes we are from an older generation, the generation that grew up with Dragon Ball. We experienced it when it was actually an objectively "good" series. It was revolutionary and inspired an entire GENRE within the Japanese market; the Shounen adventure series. There's a reason it was so revolutionary; it actually had quality to back it up.

DBS is like a quick cash grab by Toriyama and Toei to capitalize on their past successes without bringing anything worthwhile to the table, essentially exploiting fans' nostalgic attachment to the series.

OMG YES !!!
    I've been reading this ever since it came out xD

I didn't get far, lol. This was the best fight I saw:

^So badass. Toriyama would never dream of incorporating anything this serious into DBS; seems these mangaka are only interested in milking as much comedy out of their series as possible (looking at you Oda >.>)

Just a quick disclaimer: I am by no means a fan of Jontron. I find his Youtube content rather cringeworthy and overall not very entertaining. His inclusion in Yooka-Laylee as a voice actor would be "fanservice" completely lost on me, as I personally could not care less; in fact I think it might actually bother me knowing that a trashy Youtuber was voicing characters in a game I was playing (would feel like pandering to me).

HOWEVER, the fact that Jontron was fired from this project due to personal political views which he expressed OUTSIDE of the "workplace" (so to speak), is extremely disturbing. It seems we have reached a point, in America, where you cannot even have differing opinions to that of the "social norm" or else you will be discriminated against in the workplace potentially resulting in the termination of your services. I say this because it is a milestone; a new all time low, if you will.

Freedom of speech is nothing but a pipedream

The original livestream in which Jontron expressed his viewpoints:

And the result thereafter:

*Grabs phone* Hey, guess what's coming up. Yup, your fav show will have another season.

I have a cousin that likes this.

Not only is it having another season, its having TWO other seasons AND a full length feature film this year! \(^o^)/

And motherfucking SEA PONIES! One of the most nostalgic things for those of us who partook in "old internet" shenanigans

^This'll be the first time seeing Sea Ponies in a My Little Pony cartoon since the freakin 80's!!!

This pisses me off

^These Japanese devs really need to get their shit together. This will probably turn off most PC gamers to NieR: Automata, which is a TRAVESTY considering how mind-shatteringly amazing this game truly is.

I played it on Ps4 Pro, and I'm currently on my second playthrough. It is hands down the BEST game I have played on current gen consoles (aside from the Wii U's Xenoblade Chronicles X which is a life changing experience of a game). NieR:Automata offers nearly everything I want in a videogame; large INTERESTING open world with HUGE rewards for actually exploring it, large emphasis on replayability with many alternate endings and secrets to boot, massive level of gear based customization and progression (you can even increase your movement speed <33 ), and IMMACULATELY composed music (some of the best I have ever heard in my life). Oh, and the difficulty is legendary if you want it to be. Just try playing on "Hard" or "Very Hard" mode xD

This game shits on Horizon Zero Dawn <-- which is a masterpiece in and of itself. Shame that lazy ports like this will muddy many gamers' initial impressions -.-