Posts by Howlett

Hey when Daneos opened a balance suggestion thread I actually suggested a nerf for Turtles, and I main them.

Yes. I remember that. Turtles is one of my favorite classes too. It was going to be my main, but then I remembered Turtle's Book... lol :(

Okay we get it. People want Bold Strike nerfed. Is that the only thing that should be nerfed though?

Also let's try and drop the insults. All it contributes to is more flaming.

Nahhh. Let the adult offend whoever he wants, I don't care. The others who came here and argued against what he said just got tired of reading argumentum ad hominem like "They are only defending because they play with the class" and "They should not do damage against my class, it has no defense and have little LP without equips". At the end of the day, as Syren said in another topic, he will end up asking for nerf his own class, because other fighters are hitting 14k in lvl 55 cap.

Best comment in this topic was the one saying that the best thing to do is just make Bold Strike different for PvE and PvP.
    PvE can have all the damage it wants and nuke even boss if the SK players want it, but then in PvP need to have a much lower damage.
    Plus, Bold Strike i think is the only DoT that scale with the character attack, any other DoT in the game have fixed flat damage, so, just make Bold Strike have fixed flat damage like any other DoT and done.

If I remember right, Bold Strike had fixed flat damage in some pre open beta period and all SKs could live with that. So it is a good idea.

for the buffs it's kind easy make the blod strik physical and buff a "BIT" the physical skills so the will play with %physical axe

But that wouldn't mess up some farm-class capabilities? I mean, SKs use Self Destruction Wave and Violent Slice to farm, which are energy attack skills, and use Bold Strike as a great aid. SKs need focus on %energy damage to farm properly with those three skills. If you make Bold Strike a physical skill, so SKs would have to focus on %physical damage and %energy damage at the same time, what would it suck to farm, probably. Or they might remain only in %energy damage and would take forever to kill a group of mobs just waiting Violent Slice and Self Destruction Wave's cooldown.

I always wondered what it would be like to use both physical axe skills for something if they give a better utility for them.

It doesn't have to involve making another skill "more powerful." It could be a simple thing of making a skill more consistent while keeping it balanced.

But again, what kind of impact would heavily nerfing Bold Strike have on SKs?

The biggest impact will be to make him go to shit in terms of farm, lol. People will keep complaining that they can't kill SK easily. If Daneos solve to nerf namekian props or tank's defense/LP for other classes do more damage in pvp, who's going to tank dungeon bosses? Fighter, SM and Turtle? They're going to do the whole party die because weren't meant to be tanks. As if they had a great defense and a great LP for tank something. If Daneos increase the damage of the DPS classes with the same purpose, then the PVP will be worse than "stun + crit wins" for squishy classes fighting each other.

To balance this game, I believe that the PvE system should be adjusted along with classes.

Was this a joke? lmfaooooo, of course you're going to disagree with your class getting nerfed, its because you're biased.

No, it was a sarcasm, like part of my post above, but people come here spending so much time to hate the neighbor's grass that they don't have time to understand. lol

I don't want anyone to convert to class that I play. I want you to take and do justice what you says. Make a SK, level him to 70 and win Budokai doing what you think is possible. I'm not going to answer any more because this is becoming a flame topic.

In this game, as in all others, and just like in real life, there are always people who think the neighbor's grass is greener.

Literally it's players like this guy here. Saying that a class can make all the mistakes they want, failing in mechanics and doesn't even have to be agile. Getting away with all these things and still able to dish out insane amounts of damage while being a living tank is balanced. If humans fight tanks, and they make a single mistake against an SK, your basically dead. You're not making sense, the only replies I've seen you giving is that, people are complaining and refusing to adapt. We adapted, does that mean we don't want things to change? And just let imbalance still be in place?

Dude... Have you ever played with a SK lvl 70 to say that's easy to win Budokai doing all these "mistakes" you say? Most humans players who created SKs in open beta are just brainless people who want to take title of champion knowing that the other classes are at a disadvantage in lvl 45 cap.

Are you angry with tanks in DBO? You are not satisfied and you're not having fun with your class? We from the SK community invites you to create a SK, it's free. Then wait until lvl 70 and go Budokai making all these mistakes that you say, take print of your aura of champion 1st place and put on the forum for everyone to see.

It's easy, as you say.

SK has this "high damage" against humans, because humans need to equip yourself properly to address the lack of LP and defense. As you noticed: humans can't tank. SK has this "high damage" for the same reason that humans find it cool to defeat other humans with only a one shot critic. Because most of the public just wants to compete to see who has the largest penes most damage and don't care about the weaknesses of race/class. They just want to finish pvp as fast as possible.

Defense and LP. Human players need to learn that you can't always solve things just equipping your character to have the most damage possible, while leave their weaknesses and cannot take a slap over CC effects. Look for "kinswkk" on YouTube and watch his Budokai videos with his Fighter and SM, or look for "傑洛DiviNe" and watch a Turtle defeating SKs, Fighters, and others...

Do you think they have arrived at that point creating topics to nerf SK?

There is a very good phrase created by a professor, psychoanalyst and writer of my country.

"Invest in your weaknesses or you will be weak for all your life."- Allan Cordeiro

i was not expecting to get so much interesting opinions of the community but another thing i thought of is as a swordsman i cant really find any group because im dps but what good is dps in a group when a tank can be dps and a tank, just something i noticed. i joined a guild and we sometimes run group things like UD2, but healers buffers and tanks i understand healers of course and buffers too but the tank fills the spot of both dps and an actual tank idk just something i find annoying

It's not because SK takes the place of tank and DPS. It's because they prefer a class with a nuke AoE skill, such as Turtle, for example, to be the DPS and finish dungeon as soon as possible, instead of a Fighter or SM who would kill 1 mob at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got tired to be arguing against people I've met since the original version of the DBO who were hitting the same button like some posts of this topic. If people who have played there don't get it yet, so it won't be today that they will. Just have a little patience and wait for Daneos to balance the game if you are not satisfied.

feifei

If it's easy as you say, then what stopped my friend to be a Budokai champion?

Easy for me is human vs human, who hit the first stun WINS, pure RNG.

And you're right, I don't have much experience with MOBAS, and I don't know which MOBA you play, but from what I remember on Warcraft's Defense of the Ancients and Dota 2, there is no hero that can kill other heroes with just one shot in the ending game even if it is a hero with most damage of all of them. And there are also those heroes that start the game strong than others, while carries need heavy farm to get really strong at ending game, lol.

What I've been trying to say is: people complain about a class that's supposed to be doing what they shouldn't, while people who complain also play with classes that do things they shouldn't, and they just ignore this fact.

You say that like a SK could win budokai at lvl 70 with quest equipment, lol. A friend had a SK in DBO TW before the craft system, which I had access to the account, and you want to know? He had 3 gloves, many set pieces, 4 earrings, 4 rings, and necklaces. In all he had: physical reflect, magic reflect, con, anticritic, prop, foc, energy damage, antibleed, confuse, paralyse, stun, CD, etc. He never won budokai with all these items, lol. His items were not bad, because he was from PARADISE, and players do not come there wearing garbage bags.

It's just that people want to have less work because they play with humans and want to rule the game easily just because they can turn into super saiyan or something?

"The op damage" happens because the people that come here to complain refuses to understand that you can't win a magic class using a gear with p. defense, playing with a squishy class that can't take a slap of any other class in the game without dying instantly except for dende/poko, aside from the fact that we are using a lvl 70 balancing patch in lvl 45 cap. lol

You want to beat a tank class using the same strategy of stun + crit as you do with the rest of the game? According to my experience in other mmos, you beat a tank using CC skills and not relying in hit kill with critical damage. Some SM who knows how to play does it very well.

If you still don't get it that with all these years of playing a MMO, so there is no balancing that will make a difference for you.

What I find most interesting in DBO community is that the game always suffered with imbalance in terms of critical damage. Most of the time, the game has always been about "the first stun + crit wins" for humans. And you know what's interesting? I rarely saw people who played with these classes complaining about how is easy to kill with just two skills.

The complaint, most of the time, always fell to SK and Karma, because these are one of the only classes that the "HumanBall" Online can't kill in 4 seconds using two skills and CAN do the same thing with them what they do with each other.

Let Daneos do what he plans for the game. One thing is for sure, if he balance the game in the right way, all humans who rely on stun + crit to win are going to have to learn how to play, because it won't happen again.

I really don't know. My main class at the beginning would be Turtle, but it seems that they have changed Turtle's book to give advantage to females and also it seems that most players will create a Turtle. So... I thought of doing a SK or DW as main class. It would probably be a SK, because I like classes that might be useful in PVP and PVE both solo and party. DW is much more focused on PVE and has its disadvantages in PVP.

lol leaving dbo to play minecraft pixelated game really?? Loooool no comments.

Well, they're two games made for children. One of them is done to construction and imagination and the other you kill bears that wear red underwear that attack you with brooms, excavators with face, giraffes, etc. You can't blame him for choosing one of these two games.

I'll let my request here so, but you don't need to hurry up and do if you are busy or don't feel comfortable. I can wait. :)

Signature request form::
    Character or person you want on it? :: Piccolo
    Text you want on it (Max 5 words):: Just my nick Howlett.

Thank you once again. :3