Posts by SSGreg

It's not just about cheaters. There's so much more like f*ck ups with the initial OB wipe like turning stones into boxes, letting people craft/upgrade LVL 70 gear right at the start etc.

Then if all these issues are what are bothering you, what the OP has in mind is the perfect solution, even if i dont particularly agree with it.

Yeah im saying wiping will kill the game, because it will just divide a bigger part of the community. If you think the game is dead now, then just imagine how the game would be without anyone from the majority that doesnt want a wipe.

Also im not sure where you got your statistics from, but just because you see the same group of people asking for a wipe, doesnt mean a majority of the community does, just part of the community that has spoken aloud over the forums. (Which is where im assuming you got this assumption from)

The game is broken, sure. I get that. Wiping completly wont solve all of these problems. It will create more issues for the life of the game. (What im trying to say is that the game may be fixed, but that minority you brought up which still makes up a big portion of the playerbase wont play anymore)

Just because the elitist players believe there should be a wipe, doesnt mean that its best for the game.

I should note, I can see EXACTLY where you're coming from, but you're still looking from one side of the spectrum. The people who play this game just to play are just as important as the people who tryhard and have goals set for themselves in the game.

As you brought up powerleveling, I should note that this method wont be as simple as dual clienting anymore due to it being taken out of the game in the new client, so bringing it up in the argument against people who dont want to do the grind again is illogical.

You can fix the game, but a complete wipe is not a necessity.

If you guys really want to clean up the damage done by cheaters, just reset the people caught cheating.

Its like half of you guys are looking in the perspective of someone who can easily just work for everything again, there are some of us out there who took what felt like ages to grind a single character to 60 and get half decent gear for said character. Not everyone is a tank or turtle who can AOE themselves through levels within a week.

If you want to speak for the community, you have to look through all perspectives. Not everyone spent money on the game, Not everyone has +15, Not everyone is a cheater.

Wiping the server a second time would absolutely kill a large majority of the game's population, which in turn will kill the game. Not everyone has the time/patience to do everything a third time. Especially when it was tedious the first and second time.

Okay let's write down 300000 ideas but nothing is getting implemented, no staff answers, no dates really nothing happens but you call this progress? Good luck in life

Writing out ideas is WAY better than doing nothing at all.

Didn't know we lived in the age where planning is considered "nothing"

Tbh, when trying to level, they can be a bit harder to manage because of the freezing.

Like you're already low because of a horde of mobs, just for 5 majins to spawn and blow you up while your game is spazzing.

why would you want to do that ? , usually people create their "alts" on other accounts so you can play multiple accounts at the same time .

Its convenient to have everything on one account for most people. On top of that, not everyone has a computer strong enough to run DBO multiple times on the same PC.

Also, cashers wont have to worry about paying for stuff on 2 separate accounts. It can get cluttered

Ye this game looks dying to me tbh, and since when we are going to listen to a guy who has 15 posts in the forum(half of which are made in this thread) vs a guy who has 500+? tell me ,cuz one of them sticked around the game from begining ,and it's saying things based on experience ,and the other guy only says opposite so staff like Tempest could show his opinion through likes...im sorry but atleast have 30 valid posts ,and then start making an argument that involves years of watching updates after updates ,and seeing how community reacted . Thus saying this, im not totaly in accord with Sirab since i want the game to be harder BUT ,seeing fresh made accounts making a statement sickens me more,as who should we listen? a guy who freshly opened up the game and plays for 2 weeks? or a guy who was here since freaking begining ?Just saying be carefull who you listen even tho you might not like what Sirab says, or the way he directs his words, even fairytales have a seed of truth.

Peace

I feel like its pretty asinine to devalue a person's opinion just because they have a small amount of forum posts.

I feel like it would be appropriate to share how I feel about your opinions on this game.

1.TMQ AND EARRING DROP RATES : I 100% agree with you on how low the drop rate is, but I really don't feel like that's a good reason for the game to be going down the drain. Honestly, if drops were super easy to get and everyone was walking around strong as hell, the game wouldn't be any fun due to things being just handed to you. I also feel like you're missing the meaning of P2W. It would be P2W if getting the best gear in the game is only obtainable by cashing, but that isn't the case. You even said yourself that you COULD use brown boxes from the event dragon. (You could also use the 5 you get for free but the small amount of boxes doesn't guarantee anything). The fact its also only a chance to get boxes from a gacha machine doesn't make it much easier for cashers. The economy is only the way it is now due to the wipe. By mid 2019, everyone is gonna probably have hundreds of millions of zeni on deck due to inflation.

2.FOUNDER PACK SCAM : For a period of time, I haven't been keeping an eye on DBOG, so I have no knowledge of what was promised to founders. Although, if I bought a founder's pack back in the day, I would do it to support the game developers and their work on the game that I've been waiting to play again since 2013. I get that they didn't give back what they promised in the beginning, but I think its best to be patient for this matter (Since many people are complaining about it, they are bound to change a thing or two for the founders who supported the game in the beginning).

3.STILL NO SK NERF : SK has been broken since 2012. You should be happy that the staff are willing to change classes like SK in the future. We are still on the lvl 45 cap. I feel like its best to just wait for the game to be finished or until 70 cap for classes to be balanced. (But I do personally believe that SK shouldn't have max bold at 45). SK doesn't kill the game for me though. I actually find it more fun to fight an SK due to how broken they are, its like a test of how well I built my character. Nerf SK tho

4. STAFF : I can't say anything bad about them since I've seen them do something that no mods in other games tend to do. (Listen to the complaints of the community and try to change the game).

5.COMMUNITY : Every MMO is filled with people who will abuse bugs, hack, and cash just to be ahead of other people. DBO is no different. Its a game filled with people like every other. And just like every other game, DBO is filled with trolls as well. I wouldn't go as far to say 80% of the community is like this. There are many people who just want to play the game they either A) Never got to play. OR B) Want to play again (Nostalgia)

TL;DR The game isn't going down the drain.

You don't really need dragonbuffs to beat any of the dungeons, it isn't essential but a nice benefit in making it feel easier

People wish for dragonbuffs for the sole reason to use them in dungeons (or maybe plat if thats how they roll) The fact you only get to use the buff for a single run before having to wait a ludicrous amount is basically a waste of a few wishes.

Sure its good for one run, but what about the runs within that hour period?

You dont need dragonbuffs to beat any of the dungeons, but the boost makes completing the dungeon much quicker.

I do read :) why don't you buff inside the dungeon with dragonbuffs if thats such a huge problem.. (You wanna show off is that it lol)

I dont think using the dragonbuffs outside of the dungeon would really be showing off. I think its move of a way to save time. (Thats why i used to do it anyways)

ye but does somebody know the numbers?

like the % of a skill to get blocked and how much is it going up with each point?

Percentages arent given, but as an SM, you could always just use Scintillation to make guard work as a 100% guarantee.

Well when you put points into it, the cooldown shortens while the the duration you guard raises.

I honestly dont think its worth maxing for Fighter or SM (cant speak for SK). The skill can be useful, but as skill points are limited, you could put the points into much more useful passive skills.

I also enjoyed clearing quests quicker this way.

Though i feel like it might have been changed because of this reason. (Made the game too easy maybe?)

Wouldnt mind if the limitation was removed. I dont want to have to stand 2 CM away from my friend who clears an area way faster than I can