Posts by VanchaMarch

Huh... alright....

So then... Let's change the direction of this thread:

Why the hell would we even reinstitute the original cash shop? Do we really wanna establish a pay to win atmosphere, where we need to spend real money to buy a 30 day vehicle, and can purchase all the white stones we want? I don't think it's a wise decision to reestablish what was a already broken system... Is there no way that The server runners could implement a system in which Cash points could be earned in a manner similar to how T shop points are earned? If I recall correctly, There was a massive divide between english speaking players and foreigners, that being that the foreigners would kick our A$%'s in PvP because most of them were heavy cashers, do we really want to encourage the behavior?

The heavy cashing definitely gave an advantage in PvP but it wasn't the real difference maker of why we would lose. The real reasons are #1 they had a much larger amount of players so a larger statistical chance of winning over us and the big one #2 the ping, an absolutely huge advantage because 99% of the time they would get the first cast in on a stun and could cast spells faster, which was the basis for winning most pvp.

Frankly though I agree eith you Cash Shop should vastly be made irrelevant in making you a far superior player by buying stuff selling things in auction. I do feel it has it's place though. Perhaps making most items bind to you that are in cash shop, or make the big items like dogis and stones become drops in dungeons and tmq. Would give people more reason to play those and make the game more interesting. The reason it failed was endgame there was nothing to do but hang around Korin do a little pvp, cash if you had the means, and find stuff in auction house. Endgame content was crap and thats why DBO had so many quit and ultimately end the servers.

i figured that the founders packs would have a loophole; that it only provides revenue for server development. And you ask why would netmarble sue? For the same reason ANY company would! a private server making money off a game they have no rights for?! Daenis can get the crap sued out of im! xD

point is, ive seen plenty of server revivals fail becayse they stepped too far over the biundries. The moment the server released, the server could very well be shut down, and people moght very well be arrested! This is a seruous issue! :O

First off nobody is likely to be arrested. Worse case scenario the server is shut down. In terms of this project being considered "non-profit" assuming all funds generated are allocated towards server up keep and running of which it is non profit. Though they would not qualify to fall under 501c3 and be tax deductable lol. I worked for a non profit and did my thesis as a senior in college on them so this project definitely can fall under the category of non profit.

About your suing again not likely to happen as it is not that serious and I doubt anyone of the game developers or affialiates of DBO would go to such lengths. Bird Studio could sue but it would be a waste of time, effort, and money, but they very easily could just shut the project down for use of characters names and likeness. If anything this is free marketing though as with many private servers of other games out there. Realistically anyone could sue anyone for anything these days, doesnt mean it would happen because its unrealistic from a legal and business standpoint.

The only thing the team should worry about are trademarks and copyrights of Dragonball/DBZ. Thats what will get them shut down not the server itself.

Might be antivirus blocking it. Disable during download and dont forget to enable it again after adding the DBOG.exe to the white list in your antivirus software.

Thanks for the response.

Disabled all antivirus and firewall to no luck. File still shows up only showing as "Connecting to Peers" nothing occurs. Don't know what it is if I am doing something wrong or the download is bugging out.

Hey all,

Having an issue downloading the client again. Uninstalled it months ago and am trying to re-download it currently. The issue I am having is that the file refuses to be downloaded via Deluge or I downloaded uTorrent and attempted to download just to have it not be able to. Dunno what the issue is. Hope someone can maybe help so it can be resolved.

Thanks!

Agree, people with those names want to sell it
    *cough*
    for example in dbo tw sv2 Vegeta was sold on NewGameWay.com

Yeah I had Vegeta and Raditz originally on server 1 then I moved to 2. When I quit I sold the names along with my characters at level 60 at the time for 300$ or so to Son West who is on the Dborevelations team now. He then sold it on their I believe since I'm just finding out about the name being on there now lol

I just want all the classes balanced much better and it would be cool if we could visit areas NTL had created but didn't release in the future of DBOG. I am excited to see what the team can do. I did just about everything I wanted to achieve in the original DBO. I think I did everything there was to do end game except be the winner of solo budokai. So all I want is log back in and get my taste of nostalgia lol

Exp was fine as it was! If you do every Quest you NEVER need to grind! I got 8 x lvl 70 and i never grinded or did tmq 4 over and over to get exp! Most of the time i even skiped Mushroom South(the red map)! If somebody had to grind he/she did something wrong - simple! Not to mention that there are lots of exp + "x"% scrolls in "starters box"!
    Maybe they can do Events like on HK server, where they gave 100% exp bonus on easter and X-Mas..

Well that's not true. Being from the very beginning of KR the exp has got way better. You used to have to pay for Rep Quests with zenni or spam TMQ endlessly just to get through the 30s. Even the 20s you needed to mostly do tmq to level.

Now yes the game improved a lot since then but I still remember having to grind a few exp bars at the end 50s to 60 during that patch in TW. And getting to 70 there were times when I needed to grind a bit. 45-55 never had enough quests to level and I maxed a characters in KR and TW and leveled a char in HK (I quit at 46 cuz HK was boring to me lol) had to spam tTMQ everytime cuz questing was useless. You also shouldn't need exp scrolls to reach a new level. You should be able to get it from quests alone with exp from the mobs you killed maybe come up a bit short of a complete level. The TMQ exp and spamming dungeons or just grinding with an exp scroll a little should all be a bonus in helping you level (not be required)

Welcome mate! I think its crazy how many people are still finding out about dbo long after its shut down. Shame it didn't get better updates/gameplay and last longer. So much potential :(.