Posts by Ekros

So ive been out for a few years and im back to check out how things are going and i realized that there's a lot of new stuff going on and im glad that this is happening, just saw that theres a new server merge with the guys from dbo revelations thats very awesome that can bring up more life to the game. Another thing is i realized that the new launcher is not friendly with mods when i had to download the new launcher i lost all my mods i had previously installed thing is i added again a new pack of mods but the launcher verify files every time you execute it and in this process overwrite the mods with the original files again then i lost my mods again but then i saw in the launcher a option to ''ignore patch'' automatically that stop removing my mods but the thing is every time a new patch launches i will need to put all my mods again and again? this is annoying there's no way to make this launcher mod-friendly? i noticed that the tomlanji resource tool is abandoned? there's no one that can make a more modern convenient version of tomlanji resource tools? it's seems people kinda forgot?

Can you let me know if it feels any laggier, or if there are more/less freezes? We're trying a new client out.

that's good to know, well for me at least feels the same as before i don't see any difference, well at least until now i don't see, in general the freezing persists.

Hey Ekros,

This is because we switched clients. You're going to want to go into the launcher and disable the w10 experimental freeze fix in the settings, and then launch using DBOGLauncher.exe, and not DBOG.exe. Can you let me know if that works?

yeah you're right verdant i knew the problem was something simple i disabled the ''windows10freezefix'' like you said and now works normal i got it checked because i'm windows10 user and have this freeze issue so i didn't think at first time to disable it many thanks for your attention i hope you're doing well

I have no idea what happened but when i got into the game today i put my login and password and then when i press start the game don't start it just stands there after a few minutes nothing happens its like the game trying to load something but fail.

funny thing is i think last month i could log in normally without problems to check the new patch, dogis and stuff and then after i got off for a while then i got back and got into the discord channel recently to check if i could find a solution and saw something about removing/reinstalling fonts, reinstalling the dbog.exe etc... i thought ok thats might solve the problem and even after i did this process the problem persists so i did something wrong? or if not how i fix this small issue?

1-obs: the game just tries to load after i press start there's no error messages or closing game exe after.(so i think might not be a major issue)

2-obs: I'm using the new launcher with the latest patch.(so i think there's nothing to do with outdated stuff)

Hey Ekros,

That's from the April Fool's day patch. I'm sorry for deceiving you and getting your hopes up!

oh lol right you almost got me there i was just making sure i was not seeing things i knew it was too good to be true i knew something was wrong no worries i didn't got my hopes up i was just curious about it.

Recently i just saw the new patch notes and i could not believe my eyes there says ''New SSJ2 and 3 forms have been added.'' for real? what is this all about? how is this working? i remember back in the day when daneos was running the show some people got into the forums just talking about that ''how about add ssj2 or ssj3 to the game'' but the response of some people was that it was not possible that would be unfair to the other races that would be too op and bla bla bla so if is that true how are this being dealt with? i am just curious about this because it seems too good to be true. i didn't see new transformation skills on the skill list so how do we get it? :/

''Now we can get to the real aura modding. Scroll down a bit further, and you'll reach the effects for guarding, charging and dashing. Level="#" is what we're here to change. In-game, find out the upgrade level of your Jacket(Guard), your Pants(Charge) and your Boots(Dash). Then simply change that number to the level you want''

i tried that method using notepad++ going in the level part of the code of the aura effects doesn't work when i change the level there when i try to start the game it gives me an error how is the right way to do this? then i tried another route to find the files of the texture of the auras to see if i at least could rename and switch the color of the textures but i just found ik_shout_01_v.dds that is the purple aura for +15 i cant find the other textures for +1 +2 +3 +4 etc... so if anyone know where is the texture of the other charging auras tell me that might be another option to change aura colors instead of messing up with the game code.

i personally like the new upgrade system it gives something new and different to the game keep the good work but be carefull the challenge here is to keep the balance inside this system if gets too easy for people to get the stuff the game naturally will become more focused on pvp people eventually will get bored since they got everything and will start pvping more often i say that for personal experience in so many private servers i played long a go like MU online,PW,RF online, Lineage2 and etc... in there you could lvl up fast get good gear fast with low rng in less than a week you had everything that being said the game became very empty and just with people in specific areas afking and pvping all day that for me kills the game its very dull and destroys the ideia and the concept of the mmorpg.

i will be honest about the complains and ''crying'' you are having verdant people always try to find something to complain even when theres nothing wrong about its ridiculous really it seems they are never pleased a lot of people are used to play a lot with the old system that when they see something different being worked on they just think its hard or cannot exist its all about habit and conformity since the old system was more easy compared to the new one people get too emotional without reason because they want to conform themselves inside the easy method thats it instead of focus in the important matters and when people give up to emotions they become blind and when they become blind they become insufferable they just lack a bit of gratitude they are just being ignorant by what you are achieving with this project dont let this get over you head not to mention people usually like easy stuff most people like easy and fast and dont want to strive a bit thats the issue so you always get these type of people around being victims of their own river of emotions.

since at the beggining mmorpgs always was built and designed to be complex, hard and ''time consuming''(at least the old ones) look at anarchy online for example its a very old game with a complex system of gameplay and you loose lot of time to get ''op'' there even the UI are complex there you need to stop and think more instead of just braindead rushing.

It's because we don't have the source code for the client we're on. We're moving toward working on a new client, but it takes some time to get there. If I just flipped a switch and we all went to the new client to stop the w10 freezes, you guys would hate it, because of all the other bugs. We're getting there, but there are still a few things to take care of before we're ready to work on the new client. If I leave things as they are now to work on the new client, you guys will be pretty bored while I do it, so I want to get a few more features/systems online in the game before we start work on the new client, so you have something fun to do in the meantime

sure i totally understand what you mean no worries do what you have to do with no pressure take your time.

The reason for this is cause we are still using 1.0 client that the win10 have issues with to accept so until we get 2.0 client there is no 100% fix so be patience like everyone else is and wait for the 2.0 client

oh so that explains the issue thats what i wanted to know the source of the problem i am patient and i am being patient it was just for the sake of curiosity.

I dont know why so many times players ask for day/night mode (as often as for new transforms). I like when its day only and night when shenron is summoned, but its only my opinion. I dont like night in games so much. Also i like that there's night in specific places like "Dark Namek" map. Makes unique atmosphere.

in my opinion it seems very superficial just day everytime seems nonsense for me and i like atmospheric stuff.

i agree that would be totally awesome the game would become more immersive and atmospheric that is for sure would give dbog another face and feeling for an example some games like moonlight blade or age of wushu have certain types of events when some weather is triggered by the game like if is raining too heavy at night or its foggy they put a specific event to happen that would be damn cool if dbog could pull this off and add this system to the game i mean the game itself already have something similar when people call shenlong the sky gets very dark and this mechanic is very cool so i assume its not impossible to do that for example if the rain its too heavy and its happening at night time we could have some worldboss spawning at specific place with specific drops that only this worldboss have or i dont know maybe put some rare mobs to appear at this specific time or put some new dungeon that only could be done at this time and so on the possibilities are endless i really think dbog should do that if you stop to think about it its something so basic to have on whatever mmorpg to give immersion and feeling of that the time is really passing its really strange play in a mmorpg world where its day everytime or night everytime for me at least the details can make the difference but i really doubt that would be done like this year it is something far a way to happen unfortunately but still a good ideia to put into perspective.

i know that is nothing new for everyone here mainly people who uses windows 10 like me its been here for a while and i thought that had been fixed but unfortunately no i tried using the ''fixes'' there in the discord but all of them not work at least not for me the problem still happening every like 30 sec to 1min the game freezes a bit them go back to normal i even turned off antivirus at the first few 30 minutes you can deal with it but after you been playing for like 2 hours or so it starts to annoy you even in battles with the npcs sometimes can disturb. Something i dont understand is why its so difficult to solve this issue? why is this is issue is not fixed yet? what cause this issue to happen? its something that can daunt new players off the game no one wants to downgrade your windows just to play one game i have a wild guess that all the players that are online playing is using windows 7 or xp.

Czarpos' Mods Thread His best work was the roshi gi retex and the invisible gloves mod, issue is they are outdated, i'd do it myself but the issue is the links are completely dead so you can't download any of these. Does anyone even still have them?;(

i agree, it would be nice to see these old outdated mods being worked on to be compatible with latest versions of dbog,also i always used the invisible gloves mod from czarpos back in the day i still have the files here from the invisible gloves but its not from czarpos its from some other guy called guantes he did a fix to work on the dbog at that time(if im not mistaken it was back in 2018) but nowadays this same mod is now outdated if you use with the latest version it messes up with your armor. So here you go the files that i found on my computer i can send it to you heres the link: https://www.mediafire.com/fold…oves_-_Guantes_Invisibles

i want know if there is a way to make a invisible gear mod i know you can turn off the helmet and the costume in the options and there is a mod for gloves and weapons but didn't find for the other parts

actually there was one mod that let your gloves be invisible i used always back in the day unfortunately its very outdated nowadays i have this mod here on my pc i think this mod dont even exists anymore around here but i tried to use it in the latest version of dbog and dindt work the mod messes up with your armor and dogis instead of removing the gloves removes all your armor too so its very strange i have no ideia why no one came along to update this mod or make another one that works the same way not only for gloves but for other parts of the armor too if im not mistaken theres a way for you to edit the files in the notepad++ and for example remove your weapons and helments(i actually did that a few years a go) but i forgot how to do that i might need to search again for this tutorial its been a while since i did this method. :/

Hi to get rid of the white item slot you need Verdant to do it for you so i recommend you to make a ticket about this and he will fix it for you

before doing that recommend you to completely reinstall the game delete the folder and start fresh just incase there is some file you are missing if not then make a ticket here https://forum.dboglobal.to/ticketsystem/

it was because my launcher was outdated when i did a fresh reinstall solved the problem thanks for the attention,the white square now is gone on my inventory it was just a new cool dogi.

sadly ur game files are corrupted or outdated, do a fresh re-install ( and if u have anti virus or windows defender) turn them off when u start the DBO installer, soo u dont broke any filles and when u using launcher to update game , and it will be fixed ^^

yeah thats right my launcher was outdated. i did that i reinstalled the new launcher version from the links on discord its all working fine now many thanks for the attention.

A lot has changed, actually. There are new events, new farming systems, new anti bot/anti speedhack, new items in the shops, new dogis, new founder rewards. We've removed some RNG, and fixed a lot of bugs. Have a look through the patch notes if you like, we've been pretty busy. Patch Notes

As for 2021, things look pretty good. We're the biggest project right now, with a lot of good changes coming soon. We're enabling a few more systems, revamping all the events, moving to the new client, balancing quest/mob xp/zeni rewards, and doing some pvp reworks this year, along with about a million other small changes to make things better for you guys.

well thats good to know that things are going nice in 2021,anyways its good to know that someone steped up to do some changes for the better this game deserves more that is for sure. but still talking is easy right then lets see how all this stuff is gonna work along the way time will tell.

im having some trouble after i open that CBT box theres a item that is a white square that appears that have no icon when i hover over the mouse in it my game crashes and gives me this message after but the game works fine it just crashes when i do that i have no ideia why and when i press the first option it tries to connect to something but fails my client last time i downloaded it was years a go like 2018 or something if not mistaken i dont know if this have something to do with this but still (no ideia if i need to download again) how i fix this problem?

YnJjV9.jpg