Posts by FumaChan

Oh yes absolutely, this kind of stuff would require a good number of people who have the time, passion and skills to do it, and those who could potentially manage it, they're simply way too busy with other things and i understand that completely.

Gotcha, is there btw, a way to read more about regarding the majin map and sky dungeon? Is there a video that talks about them, or a thread? I am sure i've heard of sky dungeon in the past but never looked deeper with that. And it's fine not to respond to this as this is primarily a place to make suggestions and not ask questions per say, i can try and do some search myself.

Understood, main reason i did point the suggestion regarding maps was to share the idea so people could read it whenever, as i doubt i'd of remembered it the same way few months later, as there'd be no way to tell when i'd remember it again, considering how much stuff i need to focus on. I should of made that more clear so that's on me. Thanks for having the patience to tell me of the situation, i do try to keep up with the news but due to being away so long, i've clearly missed on a lot of things and updates. And big props to the staff on still working on the overall game and its bugs and other matters, i hope y'all are able to keep going and take care of your health in process.

Great point, and thanks for showing interest! I'd be perfectly happy even if it took 3-4 years or something until this matter was discussed more properly and set to motion afterwards, and i'm a bit biased on the PVP so i'm not crazy about it, but can't argue with the tournament of power concept and guilds playing a part in it, definitely sounds awesome, hopefully someday in the future!

Well here i go again, just got done with suggesting stuff for the cash shop, i wasn't supposed to post afterwards, but ended up making this thread as i doubt i'd get this creative or motivated afterwards, it's an artist thing (or just a human trait in general).

So, i don't know how many are familiar with Banjo Kazooie romhacks (ones made by Kurko primarily, Mark Kurko), but those are basically romhacks where you can play as Banjo (protagonist of Banjo & Kazooie) in custom maps or those that are from legend of zelda series, but with textures being replaced by Banjo Kazooie ones, more or less (or simply making the soundfont within Banjo's soundfont).
    I highly doubt this is possible or even recommended within dragon ball online (DBOGR), but such concept would be fun.

Of course, the maps wouldn't be just copy-pasted, but could be used for base or reference, then trying to make it look more original.
    One i'd really like (personally) would be a large event map that'd be like the Termina Field from LoZ Majoras' Mask. It could be used for custom
    event or story, which its own villain. That, and/or used for something like treasure hunting, research, grinding etc
    It would also be pretty entertaining or funny if such maps or worlds had their own version of someone like Goku or Vegeta.

Alternatively (i have a feeling this won't be possible or "not that simple", but i'm giving it a try regardless) an existing overworld map, like the one we enter after leaving from Kokkara village, except it could be perhaps more restricted, slightly changed, mirrored, have different textures, NPCs, mobs, dialogues and soundtrack etc

You could enter such maps via teleportation (like when entering dungeons), either after completing certain quests and talking with the corresponding NPC that sends you there. Some event or story maps like these could require a certain level like 30, 40 or even 70.

I do know (after playing genshin, and i hope that won't trigger anyone) that maps do take space, so this type of event maps could be timed and leave after 1 month or 3 months, and be brought back again within the same year after 3 months or 5 months. Am aware though that there's high chance it's not that easy or even possible within DBOGR, so am prepared for disappointments, but at least i'm having fun suggesting stuff.

Finally (i should keep going but i do have to eat soon and may end up typing way too much), i know a lot of people only care about combat and not so much about stories, but i just...think it'd be worth the effort and time, and perhaps give people unique experience when it comes to modding, working on maps, events, dialogue, plot, story etc

And i know this is risky or simply not possible, but perhaps this type of maps (or ones that are permanent) could have a system where you can reach level 80 or 100 (could show in red or different color) but return to actual level after leaving the map (no level reset since i can see that ending horribly). After reaching those levels you could open a box you receive within such world or event map (same idea with the level box you usually get as a beginner that gives you popo's earrings, exp boost etc). These event level boxes could contain lots of zeni like 5,000,000 or less, items that usually take long to grind, unique small pets, new title and whatnot

I genuinely don't know if there's much point to post here considering people are gonna be busy with the aftermath of the merge (bugs and whatnot), but i'll post to get the ideas down and so i don't have to think of them later on, load off my back basically.

- Custom or recolor of pets (Like black puar, shiny saiba-thingy, event exclusive pets, small boss/mob model like the ones in DMO, ones from seal system)
    (small yajirobe, korrin, master roshi, kid goku, chiaotzu, bee the dog, oozaru etc which could either be obtained from cash shop or events)

- New accessories (floating orbs in the back which could be just some orbs, normal or dark dragon balls, spikes omega shenron has on his back, could be exclusive to namekians or something. "Heavenly garment" like the thing japanese gods wear.

- Hairstyles (not sure how likely, but again just putting it out there. Launch and evil Launch's hairstyle, Chiaotzu's red cheeks or make-up, Yajirobe's hair, hairstyles Bojack's group has, Raditz's hairstyle, Hirudegarn's horns (perhaps namekian exclusive again, if looks good that is?) etc

- New accessories 2 (Different types of swords/blades, sparkly/shiny or crimson turtle shell, Master Roshi's cane...

- Auras (doesn't need to be fancy, for reference you could look up (old) auras from DMO and sorry, i didn't play many mmo games back in the day)
    Auras that are more unique or desirable would be from events or simply cost more from cash shop

- Custom (demonic, cursed, scary etc) masks (these could be made for custom or new events that could be related to the possible story (if making new map would be possible or making existing have more spooky colors and music)), when event would be over they could sometimes be available from cash shop

I would probably have more but they'd be more event/map related, so should post them elsewhere some other time.

I've had multiple people point this out actually so no worries. XD Her outfit has actually been retconed to this. Click me.

Her outfit looks solid, colors are spot on and her wearing a cap like that is just adding to her cuteness, Malik did awesome job with this one.

I 100% have a backstory for this character, but I retcon so much junk that its kinda hard to find a proper place to start, but if you wanna hear about em I'm up for spilling the beans.

Oh? Sure, i wouldn't mind hearing about the backstory, sharing it to people and hearing their thoughts/feedback could help on improving that backstory, unless you don't want such feedback about it? But yeah i'd like to read of your characters backstory and all.

- marriage system between all classes, genders and races and creating events such as married Budokai only etc. (just because I'd love to see hilarious pairings such as Dende with a Majin etc.)

While most of your ideas are great (especially the group cars, in-game betting and fishing), the marriage part is just very unlikely to happen.
    Yes it still counts as an idea, but it's a dragon ball game, people are mostly interested in fighting, gears, costumes etc...not so much on marriage, as cute as that idea is.

It works in other original mmorpg games, but not in dragon ball exactly, people are free to disagree of course.
    We know, Goku and Vegeta got married, so being able to do that too would be kind of fun if i'm being totally honest with you.
    But considering how old DBO is, adding that doesn't serve much purpose, it'd be better to think more about marriage system in future dragon ball games...still doubt that will ever happen, but again, it's an idea, cute and all...perhaps not in an mmo, but in a solo adventure-like game, not an expert so i wouldn't know for sure.

And pretty sure the two unnecessarily rude responses you got already showed what a lot of people think about it, so better leave it for another game, since including such concept to the game would just make people more mad, cause arguments and other possible negativity.

*Screams like a little girl*

The graphics are amazing, music sounds fresh and this potentially becoming playable
    makes my mouth water, gimme!

Not implying DBOG is not worth the time or it's in the past, still willing to play it despite it being so dry for months,
    still has a place in my heart, but my god, seeing something like Dragon Ball Time and Space Legend is just so stunning,
    aaaah! I need it!

This is the best art I have other than my pfp

Is this your OC, or just a picture of a character for funsies?
    If it's the former, is there any background or story about him?

I can at least show you what she looks like.

xeno_saphi_by_blazingbarrager_daum47c-pre.jpg

I'm pretty sure i've seen her before in that previous thread, as before, love the color choices for her hair, pupils
    and armor. Only thing that bothers me is her other boob not being protected by the armor, unlike muscular tough
    male chest, woman's is softer and more vulnerable in my opinion, wouldn't it be smart to have protection for that aswell?

I get the idea of trying to be original and trying new things, but i'd feel quite uncomfortable if i had to fight while other breast is unprotected lmao.
    Perhaps try the idea with an alternative clothing instead, like the kind she'd wear when cooking or having time off from fighting...if that's even a thing or possibility for your character that is. And sorry for annoying critique, i only mean well, and again, really liking the colors on her, and artwork of her SSJ3 is looking good too.

BlazingBarrager

I like what you did with Saphi, and it's perfectly fine for the story being WIP, could say the same about my character,
    eventually we'll be able to work more on such details.

Name origin was very cool, learned something new (despite will possibly forget tomorrow or day after),
    and i like the idea of name including a pun possibility, considering majority of Dragon Ball characters having pun
    inspired names, it definitely fits in.

Still bad with the whole age timelines, i assume most happens between the ages 700-800, but alas
    i may have to do some research to get better understanding. That asides, i find her appearance and personality
    good, and wouldn't mind seeing some artwork of her...and her having this signature move "Black hole blitz" sounds
    great. Not only it sounds cool and fits her given personality (silent and calm), i appreciate how you described it in such details,

both its strenghts and weaknesses, nice job.

I hope we'll get to hear more about her story, biographic and such eventually, maybe even get possible chapters written
    (probably not), since i for one would not mind reading more about this.

Sorry to see there are bots in this game aswell, been playing an another mmo game which is oozing of bots, so definitely not happy about
    this lol. However, i doubt the amount here is as huge, not to mention community is better in multiple ways (my opinion.)

The teleporting and not responding to chat are one way to tell an user apart whether they're a bot or not, so that's good to hear,
    makes it easier. Still, being lower leveled player i am, doubt there will be bots that much other than in places like Papaya island and other high level maps, so personally won't bother with that.

Kind of feeling like playing the game again, but the idea of running into bots in this game too sounds tiring and hella stressful.
    Is there a counter or something where one can see how many bots are reported and how many are left? Wishful thinking,
    but still felt like asking.

Didn't honestly feel like spending anymore time on this overall thread, but might aswell give my feedback and own thoughts about your character and backstory. And yeah i know, the point is to write about one's own OC and their background, not to give critique and alike...still, i like where you were going for, but it needs more work, thus i'd like to give my own thoughts on it.

Now, it's funny how you say "please, no maru sues" despite your character Blaze giving vibes of one itself, i'd still do some re-working and re-writing with his character if i were you, all this sounds rather rushed. You don't need to of course, but you know how it goes, the more effort and time is spent on writing your character, plot etc, the better it will be. I have few characters of my own (not dragonball related), which i have been working for good few years, until they started becoming more likeable. Ofc it differs from one person to another, but you get the idea, rushing things in overall backstory, character or overall progress, isn't that exciting (at least for me).

I liked the idea of him working with Gokel, who in question turns out evil later on, to Blaze's surprise...personally i like that plot-twist.
    Him teaming up with Towa is also interesting, it could make an alright interaction between the two, unless Blaze is nearly a mute with no
    improvement social interaction or personality-wise. And Towa falling in love with Blaze is very mary sue-ish, while i couldn't personally care,
    it's a bit hard to swallow...is there an actual reason why Towa fell for him? Just because, did he give the aura she's a fan of, or something else?

The rest of the story seems alright, although to me it still needs a lot of work, everything seems to go way too smoothly as if it was
    Blaze's wet dream, i know you're not trying to write a masterpiece over here, but come now, it needs more work. You got the base, so doing
    some re-work and getting feedback from other people could help at making the (back)story better.

And i'm aware, there's a big chance you couldn't care less and like the way story is at the moment, and that my feedback is unnecessary and rude, for that i apologise in advance. My main point here was to tell what were my thoughts about it, not probably the thing you wanted, but from my experience, people like it when their story or characters get reviewed or have a response regarding their work, so i aimed to be nice in the end, despite not being good with word choices. Apologies for the wall of text, tried to keep it short.

Neat, never been a huge fan of Broly, but him doing something other than yelling "Kararot" definitely sounds welcome.
    The video here didn't show much unfortunately, other than including music, for better explanation i recommend
    checking the videos from youtube, such as one made by Geekdom, there are others too of course. Pretty sure
    over 90% of people already have, but just putting it here in case someone is still new to this whole Broly thing.

Can totally relate what you're saying, it's so annoying.

Like when there was this long dungeon (red pants dungeon), it was very difficult to play in solo, and only got worse,
    when some enemies noticed you through the walls when they're not supposed to reach you. Other time is when you're
    way higher than the actual mobs, where they should not be able to reach you (the closed door glitch, which you can
    skip by doing the dash move if done correctly).

It's a start to say the least.

Now, it's a bit hard for me to give feedback, since it differs from person to another what kind of feedback they're fine with, but i'm trying my best while trying to keep it short and effective.

Now, it's clear you want to learn how to draw characters, and you will definitely get better as time passes and the more you draw.
    My advice, would be to draw like this for some time, where you try to come up with concepts for your characters with best of your abilities.
    Later, you could look up for tutorials, on how to draw the human body (base), there are different ways to draw them, so look up for a tutorial
    where you find the method most easiest or pleasing, and start practising...you'll get better, it just takes a lot of time.
    Personally, i like to make the character a stickman, then later add circles on it, then adding further details both inside and outside the circles,
    mostly when it's the hair, fingers or clothes.

Of course, if you're mostly interested and motivated on details such as the eyes, hair or clothing, look up for tutorials about those.
    Once you're comfortable on those, you could look for tutorials on how to draw rest of the body, you don't have to of course if you don't feel like
    it yet, but the tutorials will be there waiting whenever you have some difficulties. To make it more easy for you, just focus on the aspects you're more motivated and interested in and draw very simple pictures before moving to more difficult ones, such as expressions, poses and more complex designs.

Doubt we'll get something that big before or slowly after OB, don't see it happening.

It would be nice of course, on having more eye color choices to pick from, different faces too of course.
    Maybe it's possible to buy something like that from the cash shop in the future, including different hairstyles...
    but there's no confirmation on it, so it's for the best to make a character to your preference with given options,
    enjoy the game and hope someday it'll be possible to buy more alternatives from the cash shop if they ever get
    added in the game. If not then well...you can always try modding or ask modders to help out.