Posts by xRedeemer

It's all good. We're just voicing our opinions here. :D

Even if you had mentioned that DoTs are now closer to the way they worked for Taiwan, nothing would've changed in what I said and will say. Maybe now it's closer to its roots. Yay. I honestly don't care, because I didn't play the game at that time. To me, all that counts, is how *I* started the game, how it felt and how it feels now. The class is still fun, I still like it and I will still play it.

Nonetheless, it feels worse and I find it to be not very compelling the way DoTs are done right now. As for those that don't agree - you have your opinion, I have mine. :)

it wasn't in the right direction it was way to op

Being op doesn't mean it wasn't the right direction. Just overtuned.

I think we cann all agree that *every* DoT was too good. That's a point I hit on in a different discussion. When you outdame your crane DoTs with a 1 SP spiritualist spell, then there's a problem.

Personally, the scaling was really nice. Too strong, yes, but it was nice to have. Hopefully Daneos and the devs will find a way to differentiate between low sp/weak DoTs and the stronger ons you obtain later into the game.

While I appreciate your thread, it'd be completely fine if you only opened one.

Just had a quick little convo with Ace_ove_spades (still ongoing) and it could be that cranes just got completely nerfed to the ground because of Thousand Slashes now semi-working.

I completely understand that it is a powerful spell. Yet it is absolutely horrific to not only nerf an entire class (let's be fair and say it is about 50% of the entire crane class) for the sake of a single spell. A potential spell. a spell you don't even need to skill.

Gutting the power of every single dot for the sake of a level 52 spell with 120 seconds cooldown, would be completely ridiculous. Having a class be literal trash up until level 52 and then let them shine once every two minutes. It's already not that easy to play cranes in my opinion and you hit your power spikes pretty late as well. Especially after becoming a crane in the first place.

If the damage numbers stay the same, at least make the skills slightly more spammable (reduce EP cost). If this remains, it was a straight up massacre.

seems like we dont need to upgrade gloves or fan anymore lol... The dmg stays the same litteraly doesnt matter if u have +15 gloves or no gloves ;-; a lvl 70 crane cant even one shot a lvl 40 anymore -.-

That has to be some sort of mistake. Can't imagine a world where those nerfs were put in willingly.

wie kann man gelich 7 farmen ich habe gestern 2 stunden und an die 40 mobs gekillt mit dbs symbol nix nicht ein einziger db

The drop rates are pretty low. Also, you'll have to look for mobs around your level. +-5 levels is the threshold, I think.

Since the drop rates are so low it is really up to luck. For me, that's where the fun factor comes from. One time I did not drop a single ball in two hours. The next day, I collected three in the same time. :)

Did you carry all of them in your inventory while hunting? If not, I had this happen to me as well.

The game seems to not account for DBs you already dropped if they're in your bank. If you carry them with you, however, I think that you only drop each ball once until you have all seven of them. :)

Poison Bleed: does some state damage and inflicts poison damage to your opponent with a 2 sec cast time.

Just a short nudge: is it still 2 seconds cast time? In the game it says 1 second.

Nonetheless: really great guide. I liked it before and I like it even more now. Your testing clearly shows that there's still room for improvement for cranes. I simply can't get over that fact that more or les every single DoT regardless of SP spent does around 900-950 damage.

Especially spells like Solid Bleed suffer from this. 7 additional SP to gain 219 damage per tick? 4 SP for 77 more damage per tick on Double Bleed? 5 SP for 77 more damage on Dodon Ray? T

Those things are really, really off-putting in my opinion.

Ya'll wanabe-geniuses stop right here.

DoTs were NOT based on weapons & def like it is right now, currently dot calculation is just bullshit, shitty dots will do insane dmgs because of how bad it is calculated.

I agree to a certain degree. Looking at the raw numbers right now, DoTs are really, really close to each other. Even at 1 SP or maxed. Compared to other DoT in the same tree (e.g. cranes) the difference in power is nigh negligible.

While the new calculation certainly is better (which I approve of), I feel like putting SP into a skill should reward you more. Getting 900+ damage DoTs out of a 1 SP skill of the spiritualist tree should not be happening. Especially if you're getting ~900-1100 DoTs out of a maxed crane DoT.

There should be differences. Vast differences. There need to be further adjustments.

But we're heading in the right direction. :)

You actually touched directly on one of my major points confusion. I see "16 points of abdominal damage" and are pretty much left saying not with the point, only to find out its significantly more than that.

Completely understandable. It is confusing. Only by playing for hours and hours I can get a vague grasp on my actual damage output.

Of course, numbers are not always numbers. You have to factor in enemies resistances, but it would be really helpful if we could get some real damage numbers on our skills.

(and maybe cooldown numbers on our spell icons as well .. ?)

Fiery Shout is easily the best PvE Combo move you have. Since you can pretty much grab a floor of mobs, dash in a decent direction and use Dodon Barrage for the win (or maybe another quick DoT, just for the AoE Damage)

I believe Fiery Shot should be maxed, it's just too beneficial not to max it. The "changes Daneos did" effected the damage of the DoTs. Rather than dealing the exact damage it shows on the skill (Max Fiery Shout would do 145, rather than the usual 700 or so Damage)

Tri-Beam I think is very useless, unless you're doing Double KDs.

Regarding the damege numbers: I've been wondering for a while now if it'd be possible to code the game in a way that proper damage numbers could be shown in the damage description. Maybe that's just because I'm a spoiled dude (have been playing League of Legends since its release) and it's somewhat frustrating to see something like 120% state damage + 16 abdominal damage/2s while it does several hundred damage per tick.

I know that this isn't exactly part of the conversation at hand, but that way everyone could calculate damage output way better, no?

Up until now I've used Tri-Beam to little (or no) success. Even the aoe on it seems a bit wonky since it doesn't always hit multiple enemies even after I pulled them. And as you stated, it locks the character in that awkward animation and drains hp. Two reasons why I don't want to use it. :D

Fiery Shout has always been my "I want to pull large groups of mobs" skill, leading them into both Typhoon skills. I'm only playing pve so the difficulty of landing it on your opponent is not that relevant to me. But it seems as though the damage is pretty relevant, otherwise you wouldn't max it, right?

After the changes Daneos did, it seems that putting points into most dot skills doesn't amp up the damage quite as high as just using more skills with one or two points. At least that's what I'm feeling and more or seeing when playing/reading your guide.

Maybe we can have a cool discussion with some of the guys you mentioned? :D

great I'm glad you like it

I can second this. :)

Your guide got me into playing cranes. Also wanted to put out the question if and when I should level up things like Solid Bleed if I get the feeling of having "too many" bleeds and don't necessarily want to level up the Tri-Beam/Dodon Ray/Crane Cyclone.

But I guess that'll have to wait until next week. :D Nevermind, you already updated it !

B4.DA.$$ and gojonoku - thanks for for your help !

The usual suspects I already got covered. Opening a shop, challenging someone to a free battle, dismantling and/or identifying an item also done. Mail system as well. But this one right here? I have absolutely no idea.

Maybe it's the make a party quest? Though it's supposed to be a level 7 quest?

majinquest126u1f.jpg

majinquest2d7uqk.jpg

TMQs and UDs are the place to go for you all.Regularly, you would drop 5-20 Stones per FULL run, which is an amazing amount of stones that you can split together as a team

Hey !

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestions as to where we should go? TMQ 1-3 and UD2 wouls be my guess? :)

Hey there. First off: I'm terribly sorry if we've got another thread like this around here, but since upgrading equipment is one of the main topics in my party .. I'm sure you get it.

Speaking for myself and four other players: we're absolutely new, got our first characters in DBO and are around level 50. Dropping upgrade stones for levels 46+ is seemingly impossible. In the last ten hours of play, we accumulated three upgrade stones. Two for U46 and one for U50. Where? In the HoiPoi mines.

So we were wondering, just how low the actual drop rate for upgrade stones is. Buying them in the auction house is more or less impossible, since they're all around 450k+ each.

When buying already upgraded equipment for absurd prizes or buying the upgrade materials for equally absurd amounts of zeni are the only options .. it gets kind of frustrating. Very frustrating. :c