Posts by Izlah

Thanks Alot. I just remembered having to reinstall the game and my characters were gone. So im guessing the game just reached a new stage in its development since the last time i played. Nonetheless thanks for answering my nooby question. Appreciate it

Oh, all character data was wiped a few months ago because of the end of Pre Open Beta and the start of Open Beta. There was also the release of a new client around that time I think, so you may have simply not realized it.

Nah, it's an MMORPG - so your character data is stored server side. That's also the reason why you can login to your account using a different computer.

The idea isn't to remove ALL the bad stats. It's to remove completely useless stats. Stats like Burn Defense for example are bad but can have some usage in some situation and therefore have a place in the game.

That's because its RNG. Oh you spent $200 and didn't get what you wanted? Guess what, everybody else gambles, Cashers should be no different. If cashers had everything their way this server would have sets of armors with the best stats +15 in the cash shop for a retarded amount of Cash points, and believe me they would buy it, for all their characters. This request is pushing things towards P2W even more.

That's because you look at it as 1 update to remove all bad stats, but that's not how it should be approached, It has to be a large update which removes bad stats, rebalances drop rates for items in order to prevent an overflow of powerful legendary items, and rebalances crafting in order for less items to be made while still using the same amount of materials. Large problems require well thought out fixes, and we never said Badass had the perfect suggestion but it IS a step in the right direction. His idea is a suggestion which needs to be built on before it's implemented, but it IS viable. Please read our posts again, but thoroughly this time, and try to come up with points to refute ours instead of just saying it's illogical.

Also if some stats are removed boxes can be made harder to obtain via cash shop because less boxes would be needed in the game. Just because something is RNG garbage doesn't mean it should remain RNG garbage for the rest of its existence. I would prefer something that generally gives decent stats and hard to obtain over something that constantly gives terrible stats and is easy to obtain. And like I said in another post, this would solve fundamental problems with boxing - removing the need for "Silver Boxes".

In fact, by making free to play players less dependent on donators for boxes, it would actually be making the game less p2w. Like Bad Picollo said, Boxes are big business for Cashers. Scoring a stack of boxes in wagu is a small jackpot for us.

Yea and with this you have proved me that you have 0 idea on what you just wrote. Or you give 0 f*cks. Same sh*t to me.

Have you participated in Scramble here on DBOG? Ever? No? Then do it and see how well it goes for you. And now you tell me you want ppl to freely kill eachother for farming spots? Thought about classes that simply suck at PvP? Or that cashers would own farming spots with their +13 to +15 stuff? Nah. Add what we want and yolo. Right? xD

Most of the ppl here only make suggestions that end up in making things easier than it should. There are barely ppl who suggest something that makes it a little harder. Y'all just want good sh*t fast and easy as possible not caring about the game itself. This game is already meant to die out. Your sh*t will speed up that progress. So no to this all. Enjoy the game as much as you can before it's gone. And make things a little harder cuz DBO was easy af back then and DBOG got even muuuuch easier. Sh*t gets boring.

Please - I have participated in scramble, shit was fun.

Also I was simply trying to lighten the mood with some comedy, way to take it with a stick up the ass. Also, I said Open PvP CHANNEL. Aka Optional Content. Suck at PvP? Go to a regular channel and farm like a regular person. It's the PvP classes that generally have an issue with people stealing their mobs anyway.

I'm done here. Obviously you aren't trying to have a productive conversation, and obviously you don't know who I am if you think I would flop in Open World PvP. I would explain why it's not a bad idea but this isn't the thread for it.

And you keep looking at our suggestions to INDIVIDUALLY and not as a WHOLE. That's where you miss the point - Removing stats for example is a recipe for disaster UNLESS other changes are made to balance it. Please practice some out of the box, big picture thinking before quoting me again.

EXAMPLE: Some useless stats are removed and crafting is made more difficult to compensate for the ease of obtaining good stats. Crafters are happy because, while it becomes more difficult to craft, they can be sure that they won't get useless RNG junk - it'll be more rewarding. Boxes are made more difficult to obtain through cashing (perhaps a lower chance) and box prices in event shop are slightly (maybe zeni increase maybe 4 gold coins) increased to compensate for the reduction in the amount of boxes needed to get the stats you want. This would actually make boxing more rewarding for the free player and makes cashing for boxes more difficult for the casher, forcing the casher to play the game for boxes.

Of course, I haven't sat and discussed this with a group of people where we share our ideas on how things can be balanced, so this example is obviously not going to be a perfect scenario, but this is why we have a forum and a team of Moderators and Game Masters dedicated to the development of the game.

Stop the flame or the thread will get closed please. And smh to the people saying that they don’t believe me. If I had gotten such good stats, why would I even waste my time here creating this thread. Why would I even lie about that? Makes no sense to me. And I said this on my initial post, don’t come and tell me that you got max “x good stat” on “x item” with 1 box or w/e because that’s just being lucky as f, no other way to put it. I created this thread because unless we do something, the only boxes in the game will be the ones obtained through wagu once in a blue moon and the 1 box per 2 coins and 500k from boss event. I got news for you all, boxes are being used at a much faster rate that they are replenished and that’s what will end up happening. Prices skyrocketing and boxes incredibly inflated, I can’t belive people within their mental capabilities might want that....

1 box 10% phys reflect

ALL PRAISE TO GOD BILAL

BilalStrike

On a more serious note, yea we should handle this conversation like civilized people.

Too many people farming? Open world PvP channel isi fix.

Leggooooo

SMFH...

Here you go breaking my points into separate categories and breaking them down individually..

If legendary items are harder to drop but are more likely to drop with a good stat, would that not be an improvement? The drop feels more rewarding.

If crafting becomes more difficult but the items are better, is that not an improvement? The crafting process feels more rewarding.

If prices are low... and zeni is difficult to obtain... would that not be an improvement????

If everyone is farming ... would that not be an improvement??

You seem to like an unnecessarily inflated economy.

Please try harder.

That's because you look at it as 1 update to remove all bad stats, but that's not how it should be approached, It has to be a large update which removes bad stats, rebalances drop rates for items in order to prevent an overflow of powerful legendary items, and rebalances crafting in order for less items to be made while still using the same amount of materials. Large problems require well thought out fixes, and we never said Badass had the perfect suggestion but it IS a step in the right direction. His idea is a suggestion which needs to be built on before it's implemented, but it IS viable. Please read our posts again, but thoroughly this time, and try to come up with points to refute ours instead of just saying it's illogical.

You're the one with the hive mind.

I don't want to disassemble items with good stats, but I also don't want to stand at the upgrade merchant and watch my crafting materials increase as I craft more items. If I want more materials, I should have to go farm for it. And this is coming from a Casher AND a Crafter.

And none of the changes I support involve changing how brown boxes work - in fact I stated that if they were implemented then we wouldnt even NEED silver boxes, so people could stop talking about them.

As for people complaining about not having enough crap to destroy, well, that's why farming exists in the first place. As it is now crafting materials are basically worthless but they still sell because people are lazy. If I craft level 50 gear, chances are that I'll gain more materials than I started with by time I'm finished crafting. That's not realistic.

And don't get me started on level 30 gear.... I start crafting that and I end up with 20 stacks of materials to throw away..

It actually is kinda working as a zeni sink I dont know if you ever crafted, sounds like you just joined in yesterday

I'm a crafter and I can easily think of a solution - you guys just need to open your minds to the possibilities. Adding a % chance to fail while crafting would retain crafting's usefulness as a Zeni Sink, prevent an overflow of materials from disassembling useless junk so my inventory doesn't get crowded, and also make receiving a good item feel more rewarding without increasing the frequency by a large amount. This in combination with the proposed changes to stats made by Badass can act as a solution to the issues many encounter with brown boxes without the need to add silver boxes or make the game more Pay2Win.

Faster fuel : You eventually get one in a quest at those levels - the red one. It's pretty good and lasts for 7 days.

Cash Shop: A subclass change item would probably be a bit buggy and would have to be something the team discusses over a period of time. I can't really comment here.

There is a name change item.

Lv1-29 exp scroll is a trap for newbies I ain't gonna lie.

Auction House: The auction house is a mess atm because some things aren't properly translated yet - once they get it sorted I'm sure they'll start working on improving it.

I agree with u on that quest thing though, I basically grinded level 43-55 because the quests are garbage. Did some UD3 first room spam for a few levels, but that isn't viable for every class, because nobody wants to carry a single target dps. Have you tried TMQ4? It gives a decent bit of XP for the time taken and it has a chance to drop some pretty sweet gear.

But I think important quests like the flight quest are already made more visible in your journal once you pick them up though, although I'm not entirely sure - it's been a while since I've done a quest.

If casher cannot get 25 dex with 500 boxes, imagine how many Devil Quests or zenni farm need regular player to get cool effect... not even worth to play and try.

This is the Out-of-the-box thinking that DBO needs!

While we do this, can we buff stats that can actually be useful? eg. Burn Defence/Strength/Soul

Izlah you're forgetting that at current state of things, everything can tank. So without dmg boost, nobody will want DW in party over SK, since tank is replaceable and picking DW reduces party dps

And while I absolutely adore the heal, it's not a party skill, is it? Having it or not doesn't change a thing while doing PvE content (unless you get off on soloing low level instances)

Which is why I ALSO mention increasing dungeon difficulty.

Oh man, I was just in another thread talking about this and you hit the nail on the head! Although with the AOE stun, I wouldn't mind giving it to DW if SK is given a single target stun with similiar range in order to not gut their PvP opening potential vs some classes. That passive lp% would actually be really good, but perhaps a tad OP. I would think it would be better to make your DEF buff a passive replacing EP and to give you the LP% and a bit of focus on a buff instead, replacing the DEF buff. This way DW can have LP% like SK has AntiCrit, 2 stats which are incredible for tanks for different purposes. In a way, this would balance their defensive buffs, with the DW having more base defense - if the SK were to wear 2x lp% and have a maxed anticrit buff and the DW were to have 1x lp% and 1x anticrit % with an LP% buff, they would have a similiar lp% and anticrit%, which I find a cool idea. Support!!!!!

If you compare both tanks dw is very underpowered, he has advantages at taking many mobs at the time, while dark warrior has a great pve skill called dragon punishment, sk has steal life that last 36 seconds.

Now lets compare aggro between them, sk has dragon will an op aggro skill that last 2 minutes and deception that has a range of 35 meters, affect 14 mobs, decrease energy attack by 25% and last 16 seconds, in the other hand dark warrior has powerful roar, skill that cause aggro in a range of 14 meters and affect 10 mobs, isn't a big diference for a pvp tank? where is the reason to choose dw over sk when playing pve challenges?

Both burns are really diferent, sk has a great damage, while dw burn can get a max of 4.3 k at 4 sp and just if you use rp on it, that add's the charge time and of course the skill cast time, and all that for 4k, try that against ud3 mobs with 20k health

You guys are missing the point though - DW is underpowered yeah, but DW was never meant to deal that much damage. That's why they were given a heal that makes you think they autopotted - you do know it's almost spammable with cooldown gear right?

Compare that to the SK's lifesteal and you can see why ours deals damage - it's healing potential is basically nothing compared to yours.

Demon wave could use a buff yea, I would actually like to see it become the DW's bold strike. It's a cool move with a cool effect, but it's harder to counter than bleed so the damage should be balanced with this taken into account.

I agree that the DW should have a better taunt. Since using a maxed SK taunt, i don't think I can stomach using the DW taunt. That's a problem.

At the moment, the DW is an incredible SOLO tank, whereas SK is an incredible auxiliary tank. While SK could use a few minor nerfs, it isn't anywhere near as overpowered as some people are making it out to be - and while DW can use a buff, I believe a better alternative to increasing damage would be increasing their defence even further, with a small increase to aggro generation. Why? This would make them chosen over SK in almost all situations which require a tank - and perhaps by increasing dungeon difficulty we may even start to see teams with 2 tanks (SK/DW) in order to deal with the huge amount of enemies. (Eg. SK tanks boss while DW tanks all the mobs so the team can kill them before switching the focus to the boss, which the DW can then proceed to tank more effectively than the SK while the SK switches to a minor DPS/support role, taking aggro when necessary)

Of course, this would only increase their PvE potential... but wait!

By increasing the DW's defence, they gain more PvP potential simply by being even harder to kill! As a DW, if you can tank long enough to knock someone out of the ring in the tournament, you can win a round. Remember that time that fighter bursted your HP down with 2 lucky crits? No need to be afraid! With a defence buff, not only can you tank in PvE, but you can actually survive a combo, giving you an opening to take advantage of!

With this, I believe the general playstyle of DW wouldn't change, but it WOULD be buffed in ways that allow them to be more useful in any situation.

I believe him, I tested over 300 browns to change my 21 dex boots to 18-21 con, yes 300+ boxes highest I got was 17. Why waste browns you ask, I've had so much bad luck in this game lately I just dont care anymore I kept going, failing attributes at 50% 7 times in a row everytime, bad upgrade luck, bad wagu luck I just dont care at the moment lol I'm just leveling 6 different characters to try an have fun and not focus on max everytime anymore.

lmfaooooo why waste boxes bro??? xD

OK on a serious note, it IS possible but asking to put boxes in the cash shop again (After they were removed with good reason) isn't the right way to deal with it. To me, that's the equivalent of me making a thread asking for crafting materials to be put into the cash shop because crafting gear with max stats takes way too many crafting materials....

Do you see my point? If anything, this encourages people to go out and farm for the gear they want instead of boxing it for a week straight until they get the stat they want. Save boxes for items which aren't class restricted or items with good set effects - that way you won't feel burnt if you get stats that aren't top tier or good for your class, and you can recover from the situation because another class might need that stat or make due with the stats you received because of the set effect.

Also... Did you continue boxing after you received the 17 con?