Posts by Tempest

Honestly, this situation is such a mess.

On one hand: I think the players shouldn't be awarded their items back because it teaches them a lesson not to go off and play other servers so carelessly.

On the other hand: I do think if there is enough proof that their accounts were compromised then I do think that they deserve a second chance. But at the same time, bans in DBO are easily avoidable, so there is every chance the perpetrator who compromised their accounts would come back. They've essentially set up a disguised 'private server' but it seems their true motive was to fish for players information.

This is why I'm a big advocate for not joining other private servers. Players shouldn't so openly join other servers, and this is exactly why people like flexarot shouldn't be given such attention in the community as a content creator because they just give all these useless servers attention, and casual players who watch his streams follow suit thinking all private servers are the same and all leaders of such servers can be trusted. They cannot.

This game is dragon ball online - no matter where you go. You aren't going to join some magical fairy land with Level 80, TMQ 9, more dungeons, pvp, pve, new classes and new skills (ultra instinict). These casual players really need to learn this lesson.

Just play DBO G everyone, and trust in Verdant. If you go off playing other servers, then don't come crying because you tried finding an undiscovered DBO utopia. DBO G is as good as it gets.

Hi, there! I'm Saikr and I'm fairly new to DBO, I run a Competitive Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 server on discord and me and a lot of my community have started playing this game after years of fascination and curiosity given that it's, loosely, the "prequel" to our favorite game.

Hey Saikr!

Awesome to have you and your community here and join us. Lots of us here love Xenoverse but also ironically dislike it because it was one of the reasons they decided to pull the plug on DBO! So we see it kind of a double edged sword - introduced many to the dragon ball online community but also finished a lot of us off.

But there's a few things I'd love to ask questions on:

First is the translation. I know I should be extremely grateful and count my blessings on the fact that this MMO is translated at all and translation is no easy feat - there's a lot that goes into it especially from languages where it might be difficult to find equivalencies like Korean and Chinese, to English... but I'll admit it's a bit of a sour note when you get onto quests that are very relevant to the main campaign especially of your race in the beginning and suddenly it's all completely in mandarin. Furthermore some of the quests are translated in such a way that makes it very obvious that it's either a poor machine translation or done by someone who didn't have the greatest grasp of English. So regarding the translations I have a few questions:

As Verdant said, DBO G had switched management. It originally had another owner before Verdant took over. I was on boarded with that team as GM and can answer your questions with those horrible translated quests that you're speaking about.

You are correct, the game was unfortunately translated by those who don't have the greatest grasp of English. Unfortunately, as DBO G is a volunteer based project, when the original team was seeking out translators, there were some who were just put on the team just because they stuck up their hand and wanted a translator title to be posed as 'staff' and thought it would give them extra entitlements and privileges.

Those same translators had no knowledge of Korean or Mandarin, and they just stuck lines of text into Google translate and would put in the game what google translate spit out, without proof reading or adaptation (checking what was said made sense in the context of the quest).

Later when I joined the team I realised this and helped the selection process become more rigorous - where myself and the translation leader would test people and see how they would translate the game. The quality slightly was raised.

It's great to see though that there are people like you who treat translations seriously and seem to know it should be localized.

Second is a question I have about Dogis:

I saw some are limited to only certain races (I think I've only seen this limitation to Namekians but I haven't looked too much into it), I'd love to learn the reason behind this - I was a little bummed that I couldn't equip Kami's outfit on my female Majin! But seeing that I could equip King Piccolo's just made me more confused. I figured it was because it was a robe, but then I got the Xeno Piccolo Dogi that I couldn't equip so I gave it to my friend (Dragon Clan Namekian) and noticed it was a regular battle gi.

I'm not really requesting that any change is made in this regard (though I would appreciate it!) but I'm really confused since to my understanding none of the models really move in drastically different ways, so I'd be really interested in learning how it all works!

Just adding to Verdant's answer:

Some of those dogi's you refer to, such as the kami dogi are gender and race locked because the original developers of the official servers (NTL) made that executive decision. Many of us who played the original game, suspected that the reason behind this was to actually encourage others to play other genders and classes. The official servers actually had originally a big 'human male' problem where most of the player base picked human (obviously because of the anime/manga and wanting to be like Goku/Vegeta).

Welcome again and thanks for posting on the forum and please welcome your friends for me too. Always awesome to see new players discover the game, start out and have fun, and especially those who share a love for DragonBall.

Hope to see you around!

First, We appreciate Verdant's hard work. We know that the management is prioritizing a lot of bug fixes and 2.0 client development. But why don't we rethink our priorities? DBOG is more stable than any other server. Now we need to take a new direction.

It's time to get ready for new content and 75 caps. A lot of users are leaving the server because of depleted content..

I have one more suggestion regarding the revenue generation of the server. I think DBOG lacks a revenue generation system a lot. I think adding more billing systems such as Premium Dogi Machine will help DBOG run better.

Hey Dama,

Bug fixing and 2.0 is important if we want the 'new content' such as level 75.

I find what you write interesting because how can there be more new content without bugfixing and 2.0? If you've had a look at the games code, you would know that changes like that can't really overnight by one person.

Let's say hypothetically Verdant raised the level cap to level 75 tomorrow - then what do we do? Go grind in level 70 papaya map, finish a few quests, and then we end up back doing the same dungeons and in Korin platform?

Game development takes time, its not as linear as we think. Let's not add pressure to the team and just go a long with the ride.

Hey everyone,

I was really disheartened to hear the news. If it wasn't for Akira Toriyama, we all wouldn't have been here and I wouldn't have met so many awesome people or played such an awesome game.

I had an idea, not sure if it's been suggested but it would be cool to put a picture of Akira up in the Korin Notice board next to the AH, in memory of him.

Thanks so much Akira Toriyama, for your work on Dragonball, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, Blue dragon, Dr Slump, Sandland & more.

Thanks for making Dragon ball online a reality, and for introducing us all to a great community of players who all share similar interests and I've shared many great memories over the years

-Tempest

Hey zCajuina!

Welcome back, and thanks for sharing your experiences with DBO.

For the most part, I would say you've had what I would call the 'normal' casual DBO player experience. Most casual players will do what you just described; they level up, get super saiyan, and their favourite dogi, and eventually end up quitting. Just floating by, but to me this type of play style you don't get too much out of DBO.

DBO is one of those games where you get what you put in. While reading your post, it sounds like you want to take your journey to the next level. The reason why you're finding it boring is simple, you've essentially cut out the best part about playing an MMO and that playing with people, and socializing.

My best advice, is to actively talk to people and put yourself out there. Join a guild (or make one) and keep staying dedicated. Find people who like you, are just starting out, or are at a similar skill level. When you grow with these people, that's the fun part of DBO. You also have to set goals in mind, for example to win budokai, (or even do what you put on your list).

Also awesome drawings! Love them and great work!

Good luck and hope you enjoy the game some more.

Ciao Minic0u! Welcome and hope you have a great time. Give us a shout if you have any questions!

PS - the game the original game was in korean/chinese and never came out in japan

I used to play this game a lot back then around the 2010s. I played mostly on Taiwan... there was a lot of P2W but I mostly just enjoyed playing in the Dragon Ball world with other players. I checked out the private servers early on but eventually the interest died out and I forgot about it. I saw a video on YouTube not too long ago and I have been thinking about playing this again ever since. Thank you for keeping this alive. It brings so many memories.

Welcome back fate, glad to see a fellow veteran return and happy to hear you had good memories with the game.

Always great to have the community for an old game still come back. Shout out if you need a hand understanding the new systems as there are many changes from the old version.

I really like this new artwork but the gameplay is even more slow and static than DBO. I think I'll pass this one or play it only if it comes to the west, which is unlikely to happen.

The game already was shut down, and I can personally say it was hot garbage.

You are too right, it was slow and static. I played it and it was just an automatic game where you can auto walk to every quest. It wasn't open world and was instance based (area from area, multiple loading screens)

It's a project that went no where and will never be picked up again, so yeah it will never come to the west.

Its totally understandable why you would get kicked lol...The production of the video is good and all but the topic and playthrough is pretty cringe to say the least

Fast forward to today, that guild is disbanned and inactive. All those guildies were mods and all left and started drama with everyone including their friends. So I think that speaks for itself.

Anyway I'm in a new guild now which has been my home for awhile.

Hi Verdant,

Thanks for letting us all know about the changes you've had in mind and for approaching the community first.

Dogis right now where they stand, are honestly worthless. It's too the point where I've seen people offer new players who join the game a full kit of cosmetics.

It's made the Auction house system with dogi's pointless, and where the money you make from a cosmetic is not valuable. There will still be cheap dogi's in the game, and cosmetics will still be obtainable, but I don't think this is going to have severe repercussions as people think.

It was even harder to obtain dogi's back in DBO KR and TW, where cosmetics where all wagu exclusive, and where there was a limited amount. I remember my brother buying the future trunks dogi and it was worth over 1 bil, he was the only person in the game to have it apart from GM's (it was that rare).

But this isn't going to be the case.

I'm for it if it helps motivate and support the game more, as that's what I value. Most players rarley complained about the cosmetic market back in DBO KR/TW, because it's become a standard in games (especially MMO's) where it's harder to get what you like.

I also would love to see cosmetics implemented as rewards throughout the game, for example integrated more into budokai, scramble. dojo war, PVE, and drops (rare drops). It would be more challenging and exciting to earn that way and would give players more of an incentive. However, this is a conversation for another day which would most likely come in 2.0

Thanks again for all the hard work you do! You have my vote.

Buenas tardes el motivo de mi mensaje es para informar que se viene presentando toxicidad por parte de la guild untouchable, se la pasan insultando y mtanado gente amateur en tatami creyéndose los dueños del juego. La persona cuya cuenta comete estos actos es Perfect o ByPass. Pido porfavor se haga una revisión del caso para que la comunidad y el ambiente del juego mejore. Dicha persona se la pasa insultando tanto fuera como dentro del juego.

Get stronger, or don't go inside platform if it's an issue. Killing players is exactly why platform exists.

Thanks a lot for the fast answer!
    Anyway i'm not complitely sure those are meant this way, they are even in different column, and even if their effect is similar those seems like two complitely different buff.
    Same strange that you can use only one at time even because the countdown is not long

It was meant to be that way, for balancing reasons. The original developers NTL did that decision to help balance between damage. Otherwise MA's will out damage any class they fight against. It's the way it was in Korea and TW.

like how to get rp ball though im confused

Hi Seniorfluff,

You get RP by first acquiring the skill allowing you to charge RP, called 'power up' which is a passive ability. This skill is obtained through time leap quest or through the cash shop/token shop. Alternatively some classes have skills that give them RP balls, and there are RP potions that also give this.

You then need to charge RP by pressing the 'Z' key and then you gain an RP ball. Once you have RP ball you can use it for skills, which can do a variety of effects:

• Increase skill power (increase the damage)
    • Reduce the cooldown of the skill
    • Increase the duration (if it's a buff/debuff)
    • reduce EP
    • Guard Break

I hope this helps! Thanks for posting the question on the forum!

Hi Dirhelion,

When lodging a ticket you need to wait, Verdant does go through a back log of tickets and will eventually get there. He helped my brother out with one of his account issues the other day but there is a long list. He will eventually get to you though! Thanks for waiting and for making this thread and I hope you get the outcome you seek in the end.

In the mean time just be sure to provide all the proof in the ticket that you own the account (in game screenshots/videos for example)

Kind regards,

Hi Aramorth,

In my opinion I don't really like the false super saiyan idea and hope it never makes it's way to DBO GR.

The reasons for this are:

• False super saiyan isn't canon and isn't recognized as a form throughout the manga
    • You are only taking into account saiyans, but what about majins and nameks? It wouldn't make sense to call it 'false super saiyan' as they can't achieve this state
    • This suggestion is too complex behind the mechanic, with how it operates
    • The developers would be better off working on more known, popular transformations (SSJ 2, Super Buu, Orange Namekian) etc over this.

I appreciate the time you took to think out the suggestion though, but yeah it just doesn't make too much sense to me because of the reasons I listed above.

When a fish spawned, I asked people for help on the trade chat, then they came to my place immediately. I thought only dende and fighter have the teleport skill, but I was not even their friend. So I was wondering how come people could directly teleport to my location. Is there a item or command for teleportation?

A fighter or dende can teleport directly to you if they add you to their friends list. On DBO, friend list is not mutal. You can add someone as your friend and they don't know about it.

If it wasn't a fighter or a dende, then it could have been yardrat memory item (which you can save locations to and teleport using that item) or NPC teleport.

Hello everyone, I've recently launched a website dedicated to tools, and while most of the pages are functioning properly, some of them are displaying a 404 error. I'm not sure what the issue is, so I was wondering if anyone here would be able to assist me in resolving it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi georgebush15!

I hope this isn't a bot account..

I don't think this is the right place to post this! If someone is willing to help it's best to post the thread in other (off topic) section of the forum, as this isn't general discussion related to dbo. I'm also not sure if people here can really help you, as I don't think a dbo community is the best place to get website help - there are many other avenues with more experienced people who would be able to help you online. Also youtube and google are better places to start where you can work out how to solve 404 error. There's so many different things it could be and since none of us here know the back end of how your website is set up, it could be others.

Best of luck to get the hope you need.

Kind regards,

The only concern I have with this suggestion is that knowing the limited resources the team has in terms of development staff, and limited time, it just simply isn't viable or feasible at this point in time.

There is so many more priorities for the team to add in, and when they do get to map development, they would be better off making the unfinished majin map which is in the game files a priority, or restoring sky dungeon. Actual DBO content is more of a priority than modded content.

Again, as emphasized by the team and Verdant multiple times, he can only start doing more creative things once client 2.0 is worked on and released. Until we get things like that, then I don't think we will.

Also not to mention we have been stuck on the Christmas map for 3 months now going on 4 months.

I understand you've acknowledged this is simply not possible, and I do like the idea overall. Hopefully one day this can happen. It would be cool to integrate an idea similar to this but with more a Dragon ball focus, such as making a tournament of power event on that map and 6 guilds with 10 people each get to enter and PVP.