Posts by sSMETESs

We're talking about PvE (farming), right? With appropriate CD gears and using RP, you as plazma just farm with only one skill, SRT. Period. Zero F should be given to its all the other AoE skills than kid buu's Genocide blast.

Hmm...anyone got ideas they'd like to share about Plasma Majins? I don't know the class enough to know what could be improved to be better in PvE and just as viable as Turtles.

I don't know if the added confusion made Karmas broken at 70 cap or more broken than before 70 cap, but I know that Hellzone just gave SKs another powerful attack that they didn't need. I'm sure they would have been fine without it, but NTL is horrible at balance so...

Farming-wise, plazma is one of the best PvE classes. Plus, although many people seem to talk about 1:1 PvP only, you will see how powerful plazma can be in party budokai.

I killed the boss with 150k LP when I was LV60. Of course, me alone and I am DW. The other boss is way easier. If you can complete the quest by yourself, you need to learn how to play. Sorry if it sounded rude, but that's factual.

It has happened a couple of times. When trying to do a party ranked, some people are not able to enter the arena and all people are disconnected after 2 min or so. It doesn't happen always but occasionally. Obviously, there seems to be something wrong with party ranked. Hope it will be fixed soon. It is a must for people who prepare party budokai.

Sidenote:

DW's max phy/eng defense with full +15 LV70 crafted armors (i.e. omega) and with its own buffs will be around 8.5k/8.5k. 9k of phy def is reachable with some other buffs. If one could have a full set of +15 slot machine armors, then its phy def will be over 10k with its own buffs only.

I as DW has begun playing PvP these days like I used to in retail (KR). Although I don't have many sets of accessories, I could win against many players (SMs, some fighters, turtles, the best crane ever (according to himself), some karmas, a plasma, and an SK). Some of them were of course +15 players. And I lost against ultimates, most SK and some great players from any class. The chance of winning would increase when I have more sets of accessories.

Anyway, I just want to say that balancing is quite subjective and players make it (at least slightly more) balanced if they know how to play.

For whom asked me about my build:

Right below is the build I am currently using, but due to the punishment having been disabled, you may want to invest skill points for other valuable skills. (I haven't changed my build yet because I am lazy.) As you can see, this build is good for grinding/farming, and you can use it for most dungeons without having to change it.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10350/

However, as for party play-wise, you have a dende in your party and if you have good enough offence/defense, another build attached below would be better. Please notice that I am assuming the punishment is disabled.

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/10351/

If you think you don't have to use Great Namek's AoE skills (actually, you barely use them) and the punishment works, invest the SPs for the punishment and some other skills you like. LP and defense increase passive skills are good but not mandatory if you have good gears. Soul passive is not necessary to be honest, particularly if you claw is +10 or something (it doesn't make a big difference in dmg, and you will have to use skills more than once to kill mobs around you anyway). Mystic attack is recommendable, and Disastrous blow is a matter of choice. The punishment is of course a must if fixed.

He seems to write stuff with his feet. I have no idea what he means.

"Player A has 70% CDR, uses a skill with 12 seconds cool down reduction then the 12 seconds are going to be decreased by 70%."
    Decreasing 12 seconds by 70% means subtracting 8.4 seconds from 12, leaving you with a 3.6 seconds cooldown instead of 12 seconds.

Is this how it works?

It seems so.

Edit: No

Guys. I don't welcome the update at the moment for some reasons, but I can't say I hate it. Spamming some powerful skills has made us easy to play this game, but I have felt it was a bit monotonous/boring. We can find another way to enjoy the game and tactics to clear dungeons. It's too early to complain. In the long run, the game would become more fun with some modifications.

your calculations are wrong... becouse, if you have 70% CD reduction, the time of a skill will be reduced by 70%, in your calculations you are reducing the time only by 30%, the right formula are : if a skill have 72 sec CD and you have 70% CD reduction, (ex: 72 - 70% = 21,6 sec)

I think we have the result. I said CDR, not CD.

I am still at work and have to wait until I return home, and I want to check if my understanding of the new CDR is correct.

You know that if you have 100% CDR on your gears, the real CDR in effect is 70% since it is capped at 70%. Then,

1. DW's punishment has 72 sec CD.

2. If you have 100% CDR on your gears, then the CDR without using an RP will be 50.4 sec (i.e. 72 sec x 0.7).

3. If you have 70% CDR on your gears, then the CDR without using an RP will be 35.28 sec (i.e. 72 sec x 0.7 x 0.7).

4. CDR of DW's punishment by using an RP was/is 36 sec.

5. In case of 3 above, if I use the punishment with an RP, then the reduced CDR by using RP will be 25.2 sec (i.e. 36 sec x 0.7)

6. Therefore, with 70% CDR on your gears, you will end up having CDR of 60.48 sec in total (i.e. 35.28 + 25.2 sec) and having to wait 11.52 sec to spam the punishment even with RPs. (c.f. Before the update, you were able to spam it with CDR of around 67% on your gear, using RPs.)

Is my understanding correct? (I am sorry I took the punishment as an example.)

I can see the purpose of this update. This update, if I understood correctly, makes sense to me although my DW will be much weaker than now.

I just want to know if my understanding is correct. Not complaining. Can't wait to test it tonight.

ADD: I've just tested the new CD formula. I misunderstood it, and the new formula has changed a lot of things. Just WOW. It doesn't affect RP skills only. Some classes will benefit from this change particularly.

ADD2: Daneos has changed the CD formula again. It is not as it was before today's update. I have no idea what's going on.