Posts by Mairiyo

I don't agree with any kind of wipe, since there's nothing currently, that would warrant a wipe.
    Just like in the last thread about this, people love to use unverifiable, cherry-picked and/or straight-up false information to justify the wipe.

Argument 1: Dead Server, Player Numbers & Economy.
    This is what happens, when you don't release any sort of content for 9+ months. New or even Filler Content is one of the most important things an MMO needs to keep players interested in the game.
    Remember the Christmas Event on the 9th of December 2018? Remember how many people came back to the game just to check this new Event out? Yes, exactly. New Content incentivised people to log back in. Granted, it was a poorly organized Event, but it still brought back people. Some for good, some others just for the event because of FOMO.
    The people that are now complaining about a "dead server", are the same people that proclaimed that DBOG would not die, when people predicted that DBOG would die because of the lack of content.

New Content is VITAL to the survivial of any MMO.

Also, on the topic of numbers: People, like Supreme, that want to use Pre-Open-Betas cherrypicked "liveliness" as proof that the Game is now dead, willfully ignore that the Player Capacity for Channels was doubled, from 500 to 1000. It's just natural for the Activity Bars to be different.

bLYI1N1.png

This was POB on a Dragon Ball Hunt Day in Fall/Winter 2017. Now just half the length all the Activity Bars and you can see for yourself, that the Game now isn't any more dead than it was 2 years ago. We didn't even have an announcement of the Open Beta back then.

But they don't mention any of that, because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Botters and Cheaters make up a small percentage of the actual Player Base and don't affect the game too much. This wild idea that bots somehow messed up your precious economy is bologna. Let me tell you about a simple concept: Supply and demand.
    DBOG doesn't really attract a lot of new players. That means, that there aren't a lot of new players that level up and need Gear/Items/Upgrade Stones.
    Then we have the veterans. Even the slowest of the slow were done with their equipment 2 or 3 months into the 60 cap.
    Conclusion: Almost no one currently needs equipment, Upgrade Stones or any other sort of Item. Supply is there, demand is not. That's what's messing with your economy.

Argument 2: Equipment Levels & Duped Items.

I find it incredibly ludicrous that you people are having a problem with players having +10 or higher Equipment Levels after ~9 months on a Level Cap with no content whatsoever. You berate people for not farming enough, tell them to stop being lazy, but when they do farm and upgrade their gear to high levels it's also bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the topic of duped Items. This weird notion that only a wipe could miraculously fix the issue with duped items is ridiculous. To summarize what I've said in another thread: All you'd have to do is introduce new sets of Equipment/Accesoires for the new Level Cap, new Upgrade Items that only work with the new Upgrade System, that's planned anyway, and you'd be good to go.
    New and better Equipment would incentivise players to go out and farm the new stuff. You could even combine this with a new difficulty for UDs and TMQs, that would also fix the problem of the rather stale BID/CCBD End Game.

A wipe isn't the "one and only" solution for this problem, despite what they want you to believe.

A post-launch wipe is a terrible idea and there's a reason it's frowned upon in the industry. It's a death sentence to any MMO.
    The MMO that actually did do an post-launch wipe in recent history was Tree of Life. Do you want to know how it turned out for them? They went from 2,759 players to 147 players in a year, and now only have 52 players left. That's how demonstrably devastating a post-launch wipe is for an MMO. And please, by all means, if you have verifiable data that says otherwise, post it.

I know, people are going to accuse of the same things they did before: "You just don't want to lose your character!", "You don't know what you're talking about!" or even better, full-on No True Scotsman Fallacy Mode, "Only People that like the Game want the wipe!".

Fact of the matter is, I couldn't care less about my virtual Characters and their virtual Items. If there was something that would warrant a wipe, I'd be all for it. A temporary dip in Player Activity and easily fixable problems ain't it, though.

I care about the game and want it to survive, even trump OG DBO and show that it's possible for this awesome franchise to have a good MMO experience. You can't get to that, though, if you go back to square one everytime something goes slightly awry. That's demonstrably the wrong way to do things.
    Tackle the Problems head-on and fix them.

Also, just a a little side note: I find it kind of funny, that people are using the results of a rigged poll to proclaim that the "majority" is for the wipe. Both sides used sock accounts to rig the poll in their favor. Use a better Survey Service if you want accurate data.

Quote from SumTingWong

It is still not a promise. You promise something officially by saying "I promise..." Your definition means everything the Team says to any time is automatically a promise lmao. The no more wipe thing was a statement during that specific time. Not a promise that will last forever. Example: Daneos said waaay back that there won't be upgrade tickets cuz they ruined the game. When Bee event got announced guess what was obtainable through the event xD Was that also a promise Daneos broke? No. Not a promise, just a major f*ck up.

No, that's not how it works. You don't have to start with "I promise[...]" for something to be a promise. It's not MY definition, it's THE definition of the word. If you can't comprehend that somehow, that's on you.

Yes, exactly, Daneos assured people that there wouldn't be any Upgrade Tickets and added them anyway. He went back on his word/broke his promise. That's how simple it is.

Quote from SumTingWong

And yes, building up a character is easier than it was ever before. DBOG is the much easier verision of the original Game.

Yes, RNG itself is no real challenge since it's pure gambling. The challenge i see in this is getting them stones!!! Which is easy here in DBOG. Also white stones drop and there is no break option. With that i don't even need to use white stones. If i lose +12 without white stone f*ck it. I can always try again.

You say PRNG istelf is no real challenge, but then list up things, that are determined by PRNG, as challenging. If PRGN isn't a challenge, then old DBO wasn't a challenge, then there isn't be a problem with the current system and your complaints don't make any sense.

Make up your mind.

Quote from SumTingWong

I didn't change that much when it comes to DBO. The game DID change. Or what do you call Updates? Updates are no change to you? The game changed. And in DBOG it changed to something stupidly easy. Thus why it sucks. I don't have to explain why the game sucks. Search the Forums and find Threads. There are some pretty good ones that explain why. I agree with some of them, especially the onesm ade form experienced players

No, you now know more about the game than when you started. You gained experience as a player. Denying that makes no sense.

What I call these updates? Minor Bug Fixes and adjusting Balance. There's no new content whatsovever, there aren't any new mechanics, it's just a retread of old stuff. You ultimately still do the same things you did back then.
    Farming Stuff -> Upgrade it -> Do instances or PVP.
    You just don't get blasted by PRNG as much. PRNG changed. The game itself, though? Not so much.

You don't have to explain why YOU think the game sucks? So what you're saying is that you're just parotting other people's opinion on the matter because you didn't even form an opinion yourself. OK.

Being a experienced DBO Player doesn't mean you know what's best for the game. These people don't have a shred of experience in Game Design, have no clue what they're talking about and shouldn't be consulted.

Quote from SumTingWong

You all against wipe etc. can try to defend all you want. To put it simply, you just don't wanna start over again. Which i can understand cuz i am sick of it too. BUT it is needed. I too don't wanna start over again but i will do it if Daneos can make sure those exploits won't happen again. If he can't makre sure this happens again, wipe is no use. Playing this game is no use. Cuz at the end, it'll be trash.

People now jump on everything trying to justify why a wipe is not needed. Just cuz they do not wanna start over again. This is selfish. Understandable but still selfish. I want a wipe because it's a fresh new start, fresh new chance for the game. Ofc, as i wrote, it has to be sure that duplicating and other crap won't happen again. Else, wipe will have no use cuz it'll end up the same again.

Yes, we know you put time,work,effort etc. into your chars. Everyoe including me did so too. But pp who want a wipe know that it's better for the game. And it'll bring back ppl too. Sure, ppl like you might leave (doubt it, will be a few) but for others who stopped it'll be a new start again. New start = everyone starts pretty much equal again to build up their characters. New chance for ppl to keep up with others.

And there's where you are wrong. It's not needed. You don't even explain why it's needed. It's just needed because other people told you so.

People present alternative solutions, or arguments that speak against a wipe, and YOU are the ones handwaving them away.

I'd be all for a wipe, if you people would bring up good arguments for it, but there haven't been any.

"People who want a wipe know it's better for the game."

No true Scotsman fallacy at it again.

And no, it won't bring a lot of people back, just the people from your little circlejerk.

I can tell you what's most-likely going to happen. People will log into the game, see that all their stuff is gone, will maybe ask in the Forums, Discord or Twitter what happened, see that there was a wipe and freakin' uninstall the game, especially after the "no wipe" promise. Because that's how it goes.

This happened in other games before and it was their death. Spirit Tales comes to mind.

What kind of evidence, proof or data can you provide that would speak for "wipe post-launch" = "Good for the game".
    You have none, that's the point. All the problems that have been listed can either be fixed or are non-problems at all, because they don't affect the game that much.

Quote from SumTingWong

You can't fix this game with the hope that players will report exploiters and bugs etc. cuz the majority of the players here are the problem. They are toxic, selfish players who first would abuse exploits and bugs, not tell too many ppl and if found out they go reportto make sure others don't use the exploit/bug to gain the same stuff they gained. Ofc, not all are like that but the majority.

Yes, there will always be people that look for exploits, ways of botting and so on and so forth. You'll never change that. A wipe won't change that. And the new client won't change that, either.

I've said it before and say it again: What's encrypted by man can be decrypted by man. This new client won't be an impenetrable Wall of Code. The people, who still want to bot, will find a way to do so. If people find another exploit, they will probably abuse it without any second thought. That's a miniscule amount of players compared to the entire player base, though, and doesn't affect that much.

Imagine this: Post-wipe, 7 Months into the new Client, people are exploiting bugs again, are botting, are selling Zeni via "Black Markets" and the game's in pretty much the same state it's in right now. Wipe again? Delete all the progress people made for the 3rd time? What's after that?

How are people supposed to play this game seriously and build anything substantial if you're wiping everytime someone doesn't like what's happening.

Work around these things. Patch the exploits, utilize rollbacks, delete impossible/duplicated items or make them obselete. There are other ways of dealing with this kind of stuff than to just delete everything everytime goes slightly wrong.

Quote from SumTingWong

I'm tired of posting in this sh*t cuz i only see selfish crap. Just like in every damn Thread where it's about the games future, selfish ppl assemble and justify to death using one method,, if it's not working they use another by jumping on every word they find to twist it. F+ck this. I can only hope Daneos actually can protect the server better with the new client. If he is sure he can i have to hope that he will do the right decision this time. So far it was always whatever the majority of the wrong players wanted, happened. This time listen to ppl that have more experience with DBO, that know how the game was. Back to the roots. From there adjust it here and there. But never make it easier

The "selfish people"-part is kinda ironic, since you and your lot are the selfish people. You want a wipe for your own selfish reasons. You do not think about others, nor do you even consider other possibilities, arguments or solutions. Wipe is the only right solution and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

"majority of the wrong players"
    No true Scotsman fallacy at it again. It's really funny how often you resort to that.

Also, no one is twisting words around, at least I haven't seen anyone do that.

"Back to the roots and adjust it here and there" is exactly what DBOG did and according to you "it sucks". What do you exepct them to do now? Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity.

"But never make it easier"

Well, since your definition of difficulty is Drop-PRNG, newer versions of DBO will always be "easier" according to you, so discussing difficulty with you is kind of a pointless, I guess.

I'm also kinda done with this. It's pointless to discuss if the other side isn't even considering alternative solutions or arguments.

GLHF.

EDIT: Fixed some spellings.

Yea about this....to ppl using this statement, saying they promised no more wipes, well sry but i do not see any promise.

It's just a statement, nothing else. No room to change it into a promise or whatever. Just a basice answer to a question that many ppl asked back then. No promise at all

Definition of a promise: A declaration or assurance that one will do something or that a particular thing will happen.
    People were worried about another wipe, asked about it and Daneos assured everyone that there wouldn't be another wipe. You can pull excuses out of your bum all you want, doesn't change the fact that it was a promise.

Quote from SumTingWong

And let me tell you a secret: The ppl who actually do like this game, like to play this game having challenges while building up a character, the OG players and many others with the right experience, We all knew there would be another wipe coming lmao maybe even multiple wipes. I am pretty sure i wrote it back then somewhere too lol. Do you really think a game with no real protection won't need a wipe anymore? Anyone right in their mind had one thought back then when this statement was made... "Wait for it..."

Aaaand here we are.

Stop with this no true Scotsman fallacy bull dung. Jesus Christ.

Building up a character nowadays isn't harder or easier than it was back then. What where these so called "challenges" you keep talking about? PRNG with Upgrading is not a challenge, because PRNG is in no way shape or form a challenge to overcome. It's pre-determined randomness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here's what's actually the case: You were inexperienced when you first started, so everything seemed hard and like a challenge, but now that you know how to play the game it's easy/easier. The game didn't change all that much, you did.
    You hear the same horse dung in the Pokémon Community. GEN 1 AND 2 WERE SO MUCH HARDER BACK THAN THE NEWER GAMES. THE NEWER GAMES ARE TOO EASY. That isn't the case at all, it's just the players changed and got more experienced with the games.

Quote from SumTingWong

Game is dead cuz it sucks hard. It's not cuz no updates/no lvl 70 update. Even if we'd play lvl 70 right now, it still would've sucked as hard as it sucks now. Maybe even worse cuz of CC150 aura. Too many ppl would have that crap. And it's meant to be something special. When POB ended and we started over, problems already started at lvl 29 cap. From there it just got worse

if Daneos is able to control the server/client better with the new client, where he can make sure that those exploits won't happen with the new client, the only right thing to do is a wipe with the realease of the new client.

"Game is dead cuz it sucks hard." "the only right thing to do is a wipe [...]"

You don't specifiy what exactly sucks or why you think it's the only right thing to do. You don't explain yourself at all. Your Argument boils down to "The world resolves around me and what I don't like is not allowed to exist". Great. 10/10.

Now, the new client. On one hand, this super-awesome all-powerful new client allows Daneos to have full control over everything, and with its awesome magical powers, there's nothing Daneos can't do! ...But on the other hand, there's not even the slightest possibility that it also allows him to rework CCBD and its rewards, rework how Equipment, Accesoires and their Stats work, rework how the Upgrade System works, rework how Auras work, rework/revamp/fix all the other potential problems that would/could arise and work together with the community on a better than ever DBO.
    Got it.

Sayin' no to the wipe, because it wouldn't fix anything, really. Why is that you people always want to go back to square one?
    Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

So a handful of people have Level 70 gear... so what? It's not like they hacked it into the game or anything. They legitimately obtained it while it was available. Wanting to punish players now for an oversight the Dev had almost a year ago is ridiculous.
    So the problem at hand is that there are "thousands" bugged/duplicated items circling around. All +69, Level 70, with max. random stats. And according to you the ONLY solution would be a wipe... No offence, but no.

Here's what you could do to work around this.
    • Introduce new difficulty level for TMQs and UDs. Name it like, Challenge, Z-Hard, Super, Hell, So hard it'll make you cry like an Anime Fan on Prom Night, or somethin' along those lines. This hypothetical new difficulty level would be for level 65-70 players, would have CCBD-like rules and would be an alternative to the CCBD/BID-only End Game. You could even switch it up a bit, if you really wanted to. TMQ4 for example. Instead of just fighting Nappa at the start, Vegeta and Nappa team up and then retreat if you beat them. And instead of just Ozaru Vegeta, you fight Ozaru Vegeta and Ozaru Nappa. Just some examples.

• Introduce new Sets of Equipment & Accesoires that drop in these high-level TMQs and UDs. One would focus on Speed, one on Physical Crit, one on Energy Crit, another one on Constitution and Defense, maybe even Damage Reduction and so on and so forth. You could basically make one set for every playstyle there is.
    This hypothetical new Set of Equipment & Accesoires could have better Stats, Fixed Effects and Set Effects, which would make them very desirable from the getgo. This would encourage players to farm this new, better and improved Equipment, because the old one would become obsolete. Not only that, but it would also tackle the gatekeeping and inaccessibility issue DBO/G has.

I posted this before, but I'll post it again. This is how new Equipment could look.

UkVpiNP.png

You could apply the same to Upgrade Stones. Instead of just wiping everything, introduce a new Upgrade System that is incompatible with old Upgrade Stones. Then introduce a new Set of Upgrade Items that are compatible with the new Upgrade System. Bam. Done.

Bots and "Black Markets" will always be a thing. You can't prevent those. You can only punish the players who do use this stuff when sufficient evidence is available. Other games have Bots and "Black Markets" too and they're doing just fine. Only a miniscule amount of players do use these things and it's not that big of a deal.

I don't agree with the "and therefore they would be unable to cheat any further" statement. That's a very naïve way of thinking.

What's encrypted by man can be decrypted by man. It would just be a matter of time until it happens again. It's a battle ONE MAN alone cannot win. Even multi-million-$ companies have problems fighting this kind of stuff. Just hit 'em with the Ban Hammer and move on.

On the topic of Player Base:
    DBOG, whenever there's criticism: "Leave.", "Don't like it, don't play it.", "What are you doing here then?", "We'll carry on without you.", "You won't be missed.", "Don't let the door hit you on the way out.", "Cya Ecks Dee Hurr Durr".
    Also DBOG: WHAT THE?! WHY IS NO ONE PLAYING THE GAME ANYMORE? WHAT HAPPENED?! DARN THESE DAMN BOTS. IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT. :cursing::cursing::cursing:
    Nah, seriously. Can't count the times I've seen Daneos, Moderators and other Members of the community tell others to leave if they're not OK with how stuff is run here. Well, they did. You basically told your customers to get lost and hey, guess what, they stopped using your service. What's the problem? You got what you wanted. Oh right, you don't like that either. Well, should've been more careful with your wishes then.

Also, and I know this might sound crazy, since DBO/G is the best Game that has ever been created, but maybe, just maybe, people moved on to even greater Games that have even crazier features than super-exciting things like "farming" and "AFKin' for tokens.".
    DBO, at its core, is a 9 year old game. Gaming has evolved and moved on, DBO didn't. The level of gatekeeping and inaccessibility in this game, that's only there to artificially increase gplay time, just doesn't fly nowadays.

If you want DBO/G to thrive and flourish, let it evolve, let it arrive in the year 2019, don't let it be stuck in the year 2010. We're in different times now, there's competition all-around. Adapt or bite the dust.

Also also, these two pictures are very biased. One shows POB at its peak, something you wouldn't see very often, especially not during Winter 2017, and the other one shows... well... "7 Months Into 60 Cap With No Content Whatsoever And No New Content In Sight". Not really a fair comparison.

As a little side note, you wrote "As you can see, there is a dramatic increase in the number of players." implying there are more players now than in POB.

A lot of these problems stem from Daneos' idleness. He should've done something when this stuff was occuring and he should've definitely done something right after the stuff was patched. Rollback, deleting duped items, etc., but nothing happened. Hindisght is always 20/20, though, so whatever. Mistakes happen. Learn from them and move on.

Also, on the Topic of "PEOLE ARE GREEDY"!! No, people aren't greedy. They just don't want to lose their progress they've worked on for the past eleven months, which is understandbale. Imagine calling other people greedy because they aren't agreeing with your heavily biased views.

1tkNTCD.png

^ This promise right here motivated people to go ham. All you've worked your behind off for stays. This promise also made people cash, because this wasn't a alpha, beta or anything like that. This was the real deal.

How are you supposed to take anything, anyone in this team establishes, serious, if they go back on their word everytime a vocal minority whines about something.

I don't see any reason for a wipe. Most of these problems can be worked on. Learn from your mistakes, work around them and improve the game. If your answer to every tiny little thing is a wipe then DBOG has some rough years ahead of it.

Like, what kind of post-launch MMOs (not Alpha/Beta/Early Access) are you people playing where annual wiping is common practice. Where does this idiocy come from?

► System 1: NoRNG

• Add new UD/TMQ Boss Drop Item called "Shining Stone".

This Item would only drop on Hard difficulty (or higher?) when the party's Level Range suits the UD/TMQ.

• Increase normal Upgrade Stone drop rates by a lot. They need to be more common.

Remove Advanced Upgrade Stones and White Stones from the common drop pool and put them into the TMQ & UD drop pools.

UDs for Advanced Armor Upgrade Stones and TMQs Advanced Weapon Upgrade Stones.

• Increase Advanced Upgrade Stone rarity from Normal to Rare, so parties can easily set Looting to "by Dice" for these.
    • Change it so it costs Zeni to perform upgrades. The higher the rarity, equipment level & upgrade level, the more Zeni it costs to upgrade.

• Make it so equipment can only be sealed a limited amount of times. How often would be based on rarity.

E.g.: Normal: 5, Superior: 3, Excellent: 2, Rare: 1, Legendary: 0.

From +0 to +10, for example, you'd need a lot of normal Upgrade Stones. You could farm them on the overworld and could easily go to +10 if you work hard enough.
    But here's the catch. To go further than +10, you'd need Advanced Upgrade Stones, White Stones & the new hypothetical Shining Stones.

With the aforementioned changes and a system like this, you'd not only remove RNG from upgrades entirely, you'd also resurrect UDs & TMQs, since they're necessary if you want to upgrade to higher levels.
    Also, by limiting sealing you prevent people from farming one set of high-level equipment to share with friends/alts.

Upgrade of a level 70 weapon could look like this:

+10 to +11

x35 Advanced Upgrade Stone Lv.70

x5 White Stone Lv.70

x3 Shining Stone Lv.70

Cost: 10,000,000 Zeni

+11 to +12

x50 Advanced Upgrade Stone Lv.70

x10 White Stone Lv.70

x5 Shining Stone Lv.70

Cost: 20,000,000 Zeni

+12 to +13

x80 Advanced Upgrade Stone Lv.70

x20 White Stone Lv.70

x10 Shining Stone Lv.70

Cost: 30,000,000 Zeni

+13 to +14

x100 Advanced Upgrade Stone Lv.70

x30 White Stone Lv.70

x15 Shining Stone Lv.70

Cost: 40,000,000 Zeni

+14 to +15

x150 Advanced Upgrade Stone Lv.70

x60 White Stone Lv.70

x30 Shining Stone Lv.70

Cost: 50,000,000 Zeni

※Example Statistics.

A system like this would allow everyone to just buckle down and farm the upgrade levels they want from UDs and TMQs. No RNG and no Cash Shop required.

Would it be a good system for an F2P MMO, though? No, it wouldn't be. Not in the long run.
    Resets & breaks are part of a lot of F2P MMO's Upgrade Systems because they incentivise players to cash for EQ protection and/or restoration items. If players aren't incentivised to cash, revenue goes down and the game will eventually die because it can't support itself.

► System 2: Realistic

~▷ Changes to Items:

• Add new Cash Shop Items called "Shining Stone" & "CC Restoration Machine Fuel".

Shining Stone: Prevents an Item from being destroyed during Upgrade.

CC Restoration Machine Fuel: Fuel for Upgrade Merchant's Restoration Machine. Restores destroyed Item.

• Increase normal Upgrade Stone drop rates by a lot. They need to be more common.

• Remove Advanced Upgrade Stones from the common drop pool and put them into the TMQ & UD drop pools.

UDs for Advanced Armor Upgrade Stones and TMQs Advanced Weapon Upgrade Stones.

• Increase Advanced Upgrade Stone rarity from Normal to Rare, so Parties can easily set Looting to "by Dice" for these.

• Make it so equipment can only be sealed a limited amount of times. How often would be based on rarity.

Advanced Upgrade Stones give 2 to 3 levels again.

• Change White Stones so they're only able to prevent resets during upgrades.

~▷ Changes to Upgrade System:

• "Broken" Card puts your item into a "Destroyed" state. The item keeps its effects but is unusable until it's restored.

• Add "Reset" Card to the Upgrade System. If you draw the Reset Card, your item is reset back to +0.

• Add "Restore Machine" Function to Upgrade Merchant.

• Change safety zone for both types of equipment to +7.

• Change it so it costs Zeni to perform upgrades. The higher the rarity, equipment level & upgrade level, the more Zeni it costs to upgrade.

Breaking during upgrades incentivises players to enter instances if they don't want to spend money or zeni for the new Cash Shop Items that would prevent or revert breaking.

The routine for a player would be to farm multiple copies of each of the equipment pieces they'd want and then upgrade them until they get to the upgrade level they want. One breaks? Upgrade the next one. That one breaks, too? Upgrade the next one. And so on and so forth.
    Safety Zone would be +7, which would mean that +8 to +9 are easily attainable with +10 at least on the horizon.

Sure, there's a chance of breaking, but that's the risk if you want to reach higher upgrade levels. And when it works out and you're not satisfied with the random effects, you could just change them with Equipment Boxes if you really wanted to.

Of course people would need a lot of Upgrade Stones for this to work, so normal Upgrade Stone drop rates would have to increase.

The safety zone would have to increase so newer players could catch up to the players that played during the NoBreak Era.

Yes, cashing Players would have the advantage. It's the same in any other F2P MMO/Game out there. There must be a insentive to cash so a server stays alive. Just deal with it.

That wouldn't be the only the things I'd change, though. To compensate for the RNG during upgrades, you could change how equipment works.

Simply put: There are too many RNG walls players have to climb.

Getting the right equipment with the right rarity, the right stats, right random effects, getting/using Upgrade/White Stones, using Equipment Boxes, etc. It's just too much.

Here are the changes I'd make to Equipment:

• Unify all instance-based & crafting armor so it's wearable by anyone, regardless of race.

Stats could change depending on who's wearing the armor.

• Add Fixed Effects & Set Effects, so people don't have rely solely on RNG/Equipment Boxes for good Effects.

• As I mentioned before, make it so equipment can only be sealed a limited amount of times. How often would be based on rarity.

New equipment info could look like this:

UkVpiNP.png

※Example stats & effects.

This would at least eliminate a few of the RNG Walls and would allow players, especially new ones, to get the ball rolling a lot sooner.

Not sayin' that this would be the perfect solution for everything, but it'd at least a step in the right direction to fix DBO/G's biggest Problem: Accessibility.

I love how everyone is currently blaming the BOTs for the situation the game's in right now.
    A wipe is not going to magically fix everything. All the BOTs did was speed up the natural process of any grind-heavy game. It took the game 6 months to reach this state instead of like 9 or 12.
    As long as players can generate currency and not have to waste it, there will always be a surplus of currency, especially if there isn't much to do. If there's a large amount of currency going around then prices go up. This would've happened with or without BOTs. It's the natural way grind-heavy games go after a while.
    Active players are farming -> generate currency -> no real reason to waste currency -> surplus of currency.
    A wipe would not prevent this, it would just prolong the inevitable. Wipe everything, give it like 6 months again and we'd be in the same spot we're in now. What then? Break promise again and wipe? Why are you people always just jumping to the wipe option? Show me other MMOs that are wiping everything every few months. That's a borderline braindead solution and will do more damage than good.

If you have problems with aquiring currency: Adapt. Stop sitting around and wait for everyone to do your grind for you. Gather items and sell them for current prices. It's not that hard.
    Also currency-seller websites will not be defeated by this wipe. They'd be back as soon as there's a surplus of currency in the game.

Also, this "too many people with +12-15 EQ" argument is just meh. What did you expect would happen if you increase Upgrade Stone drop rates, nerf the "Broken" card and give players nothing to do for months on end? Exactly this, a new EQ-Level standard. That change put everyone on equal terms, which is good.

All the BOTs did was farm Upgrade Stones so the players behind the BOTs would have more tries at upgrading. Legitimate stones were used to do legitimate upgrades. How these stones were aquired may be shady, but at the end of the day, anyone could've gotten that kind of gear if they farmed long enough.

Even after a wipe, we would still be able to make +12 to +15 EQ, because we'd still be able to get White Stones and protect EQ during upgrades. A wipe wouldn't fix anything, because, and hear me out, BOTs aren't the root nor the cause of this "problem".

A new client would also not make much of a difference. What's encrypted by man can be decrypted by man. It's the same with the Pokémon games for example. The game drops and a few hours later everything is pried open and people write and release their Save/Pokémon Editors. Pokémon Sun/Moon was fully pried open and hacked WEEKS before its release.

So what would happen here? New client gets released and people that desperately want BOTs are gonna pry that client open and start writing their new BOTs that are compatible with the new client.

It's a battle ONE MAN alone cannot win. Even multi-million-$ companies have problems fighting BOTs/Hacks. So with all due respect: Stop living in this Fantasy World where a wipe + new client is going to save this game. It's not going to.

There's nothing that will save this game from its inevitable death. DBO is a 7+ year old niche & grind-heavy MMO that doesn't want to adapt to the current times. Unless it actually does adapt there is no hope for survival in this market.

Atrocious grinds for minimal returns, vertical difficulty, useless classes, haphazard nerfs/buffs, a gorillion RNG Walls to overcome and a community with full of players that rather play with themselves via 69 accounts than with other actual human players. That's why people are not staying. A Nostalgia Boner can only get you so far. At a certain point the glaring flaws just outweigh the little actual fun you get ouf of this game. You have to put in more work if you want to keep an active and happy playerbase, which Daneos & Co. just aren't doing.

Other KMMOs that learned to adapt, like Elsword for example, are still here and kickin' after 10 long years.

All this wipe is going to do is make a huge chunk of the actual In-Game Playerbase, that probably doesn't even know this is being discussed here, quit. The returning players would just be same old whiners you see on here that will immediately quit again as soon as someone with CP-aquired items crosses their path.
    Just do me, and every other In-Game-Player, a favor DBOG-Team and announce it now if you're actually going to wipe. Don't just put your head in the sand and act like you didn't see or hear anything for months, just to announce the wipe like a week before it happens. Actually warn In-Game-Players NOW, so they don't waste their f-ing time even more than they apparently already did.