Posts by Meraxa

Wasn't sure what section of the forum to put this in, so decided to wing it with General Discussion, though it might be more at home in Feedback and Discussion. But while I was clearing out missions in southern Yahoi West, I noticed something a bit peculiar. It seemed as though a famed character of the franchise had lost his way, turning from humble servant of the gods, into an icon of villains far and wide! (Or at least, within the ranks of the Red Pants army)

Sadly, it did not occur to me what was going on until I had already completed all the quests in the region, so I can't grab examples of the text from them (if anyone is able to do so, much appreciated). The dialogue is from some wandering NPCs to the east of Eureka Park, and west of the Dragon River Bus Stop, but there's a bunch of times that 'Mr. Popo' comes up in dialogue when I think it's meant to be Mr. Panda, what with him being the big bad in the region and all. I realise the translation team are likely quite busy and have a whole lot of game to get through, so I'm not asking that they rush to solve this or anything - indeed, for now I'm simply chuckling to myself at picturing freaking Mr. Popo pulling the strings on the whole operation. Anyone else care to join me in this little bit of what-if speculation?

(Also as this is my first thread outside of a purely technical issue, I do hope I've done this correctly, and apologies if I have not.)

Basically it seems to get stuck on a frame for several seconds, thus appearing (and possibly being, if it doesn't accept input) frozen. It happened once mid-cutscene, and it just skipped to some later point of the cutscene rather than continued where it left off, so the underlying game is presumably still running. Tested it with FRAPS on too, and the framerate just collapsed before coming back up.

So, decided to finally give this a shot, as I loved the game long ago but ran right up against the language barrier. Having gotten into the game though, I am currently stymied by a rather minor but frustrating nuisance. Every so often, ranging from 30 seconds to to a couple minutes, the game will freeze up completely, before stuttering back into life a few seconds later. Having scoured around, I've seen suggestions that it's do with antivirus or being on Windows 10, but there are two problems with this for me:
    1) I use kaspersky security labs (debating on whether or not to continue to do so when the license expires); I've tried turning that off, and separately adding the game to trusted applications, but neither fixed the freezing issue
    2) Can't really revert Windows 10 at this stage. The .NET 3.5 framework installer doesn't really work either - possibly because of being on 4.5 - so if that's the solution, I guess I'm scuppered.

So is there anything else that might be responsible and that I could attempt to fix? Or am I just stuck putting up with this for the time being?