Posts by Xeoh

Preferred Level 30 Weapons for a Fighter / Turtle:

• Increase Physical/Energy Crit Damage By 12%
    • Increase Physical/Energy Crit Rate by 4
    • 12 Focus Gloves (maybe for a Turtle, you can also get Strength and Soul but don't use either)

I believe Turtle would be Crit Rate Wand with Crit Damage Gloves & Fighter would be Crit Damage Stick with Crit Damage or Rate Gloves.

Preferred Level 30 Armor for a Fighter/Turtle could be anything from 12 Constitution Chest, Pants & Shoes (if you're focusing PVE for leveling I'd suggest this set up or close to it) or you could swap one or two of the pieces for either 12 Dexterity (Fighters) or 12 Focus (Turtles).

I've never actually played a Turtle but I would assume that's the best for level 30 at least. Feel free to correct me if anybody feels that's bad advice.

I thought the others did a good job at explaining why your solution wasn't viable, yet you seem to have ignored that completely.

Hello, & welcome to the game ^^

It's a great game and if you're a fan of the series I'm sure you'll enjoy it, there's tons of cool people here too.
    If you ever get stuck in-game or whatever feel free to whisper me & I'll try to help when I can :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier to apply to all mobs an invisible debuff which reduces defense / hitrate (whatever the underlying issue is), than work out two seperate formulas for both PVP and PVE? I don't know enough about the calculations but that could be a temp fix until a real solution is thought out.

I really like the whole achievement idea, I thinkmany on the game would like to see something similar to what Jokar has suggested but this would be a real cool incentive for players to actually collect achievements.

I know other games have similar systems, but as long as the bonuses didn't affect PVP I think everybody would be for achievements having rewards. Instead of each achievement having it's own reward, how about achievements are split into groups; Easy, Medium, Hard & Extreme or something I don't know. Once you've completed the entire group you'd then get rewards (similar to very popular F2P MMORPG that I'm sure a lot of the older players here would have definitely played at some point). This would save time for our two developers instead of having to add rewards to each individual achievement.

I don't see it being the most difficult thing to implement either but I'm somewhat ignorant on the actual development side of things.

The DragonBalls needed for SSJ/Giant Namekian/Pure Majin forms are only obtained on Saturdays during the DB Hunt. There are two events starting 11am & 8pm GMT(+0) which last for two hours each. You'll need to kill mobs that are marked with DBs on your radar or scouter and you'll have a low(ish) chance of receiving a DragonBall as a drop :)

I think you're right, the economy won't change, not drastically anyway until the wipe haha. Apologies for the lack of CCBD recipe information, I personally haven't really done much CCBD at all, I'll be starting to attempt the dungeon soon though so I'll post what I find out as I find it out.

Like I mentioned in the guide if anybody has information they can share regarding CCBD recipes I'll gladly add it ASAP

This game is my very first experience with DBO, so I don't have any point of reference with the older calculations but I do welcome this update.
    My main is a Fighter, level 66, and yes the grinding has been more challenging for me so far & I may not be dealing as much damage as I was but I've always thought Fighters & Turtles needed nerfing. Doing Instances with my friends was no fun for any of them because I just 1 shot everything practically & now they'll actually be a challenge again.

At the same time, I don't feel the update is as successful as they'd have liked. They didn't sort out all the kinks & they haven't made the game anymore balanced, with some classes being absurdly strong now as many others have already pointed out. I hear some classes are flat out unplayable too, these are all people sub70 trying to level too 70, they don't have the Zeni for the proper equipment yet & definitely don't have any +15 gear.

Like I originally said though I do welcome an update to make the game more of a challenge, but it's come at the expense of a large part of the communities playing experience & that is what I feel should be prioritised above everything. Hopefully all the kinks are sorted out for next the update.

Making 6 wouldnt give any solution at all. People would form legit full attack speed partys, like few pokos or karmas. Just because an extra space is added doesnt mean a different class will be taken into party. The thing of 6 people party and making them all different would still be 50/50 like it is now

This. I'm yet to do high level CCBD floors so I'm somewhat ignorant on the whole thing but adding a 6th party member would only result in another of the preferred DPS classes surely? They'd have to rework the entire thing to make it more difficult to account for the 6th member too.

You call White Stones not P2W, but Jumping Item is a P2W Item? Lol.

If White stones would be bound, nobody could buy them via Zeni = You'd have to spend money to use them = better gear = P2W.

But they're not account bound. Yes the current only way for them to be generated in-game is with players purchasing them with real money, but my opinion is, they're not expensive enough to be deemed P2W.

Let me show you guys the definition of pay 2 win.

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying

As long as there is a cash shop with tradable items you will never be able to prevent this. $15 on a Kid Clock, sold for 1 Billion gets you a fair amount of items with that amount of Zeni. Does that make purchasing Dogis, Kid Clocks, Etc. which are all cosmetic items P2W too? Of course not.

Your opinion is different to mine and that's okay though, I personally just don't think the cost of a White Stone is that significant.

Thats what donations are for. Basically you buy time. Everyone can reach 33 in a short time, but by spending some money you can skip the level 20 area, while others have to do it. Where is that advantage you are talking of?

White U70s are P2W, because they are only accessable by spending money

If you're in the position where you need White Stones, they can be obtained with a short amount of time if you put the effort into a method of making Zeni, I wouldn't call them outright P2W.

Since it's P2W it will be removed.

Rightly so. I think all of us would have liked to be able to jump the child stage of the game after you've alreayd done it the once but it is P2W.

As for the stones, UDs only drop Armors. If you want weapons you'll have to run TMQs. I suggest running TMQ4 if you're after U40-50s and once you've defeated Nappa don't kill the Freezer Generators, just kill the soldiers, and you can farm U40s-50 Red&Purples :)

The freezing / lag might be due to high amount of player activity today, although I too have been noticing reduced performance the past few days on my laptop, but not my desktop so I assumed it was a hardware issue, maybe somebody else can clarify.

Hi, this before caused that others players started bothering to others players outside PvP Zone, therefore it was decided not add this function.

If confusion itself is the issue, then maybe it could be subsituted for a similar form of Crowd Control? I don't play any class which has a skill that applies confusion but that seems a key part of those classes that do.

we once upon a time did have chat in the forums

but this feature got replaced with a more popular option discord as the chat feature wasnt as good as discord

Do you mean an actual chatbox on the forums? Sorry if I my post wasn't the clearest, or if I'm misinterpreting your post I'm sorry again ^^
    I meant like we have the "@unstack" command ingame to teleport players back to their Popo Stone we could have "@12345" which would automatically open the web browser taking the player straight to the thread on the Forums, instead of having to explain to a user how to find a specific thread you're discussing with them.

Hi,

I think a nice feature that would be useful in-game would be to add a chat command that links to a thread on the forums. It could be very useful and it's something I've seen on other MMORPGs (mainly private servers though). Something like 12345 ingame would link to "https://forum.dboglobal.to/index.php?thread/12345" in the players web browser.

I don't believe it would be hard to implement & it could potentially boost forum activity, but I understand it's not exactly a issue at the moment, nor would it be a priority to carry out but it could be useful.

Just a thought :)

Agreed, the only reason I do TMQs and UDs is to farm Weapon & Armor Stones respectively. Some of the jewellery is nice at lower levels but CCBD makes it redundant at higher levels. In most MMORPGs, instances are the best part about them. I'm not sure what rewards could be implemented into the instances to boost activity but it's something I'd definitely like to see happen.

Adding hairstyles requires expertise in mesh and texture creation, which I don't think either Daneos or Mateo possess

That may be the case but I'm sure there are players with experience in 3D modelling who would be happy to help. Like I said in my first post though I understand it's not exactly a priority, would just be cool to see implemented int he future ^^