Posts by ExaltedGeico

Funny thing is, in KR/TW majority of F2P players had way more fun than the people who spent $1k+ on the game. And that’s because they didnt have to do anything, while F2P players had to play the game to progress.

Sounds like you’re making cry posts because you wanna keep this game easy.

No, plenty of cashers worked hard in the game and cashed. If you wanted to pass plus 9 as a f2p, you'd need to play 5+ hours a day for a very long time to farm the zeni for cash shop items(white stones), and overpriced stones. Comparing Cashers who hit the cap, spammed BiDs + won budokai to f2p who screwed around in TW is like comparing 5 year olds to a business man. Some people play the game to win, not idle around wasting away. And that's not to say your first time playing the game isn't enjoyable by idling around, however most people who play DBO have already played Retail/PoB.

Edit: Has what Daneos said about wanting to make the game in his "OWN" direction not gone through your skull? Retail might appeal to a small portion of the community, but most people have already played DBOG. It's like taking a toy from a kid, it's too late to make all these changes.

For those who support the Life steal change/believe that Life steal should be nerfed even more. Theoretically, if that move were to be removed for the sake of balancing Humans vs SK. Do you really believe that'd make much of a difference? Life steal being in the game/being nerfed/dealing energy damage, or not they'll demolish humans all the same. In terms of the game's balance overall this didn't help humans at all, if anything it made it much more difficult for SKs to deal with non-human classes. Personally I believe Life steal should be changed back to dealing physical damage since Mystic attack's duration RP being removed from the game.

If you disagree, make an arguable objective thesis challenging my idea. I don't want anyone replying with emotional reasons, I want a premise supported with concrete facts. Regardless of what kind of reply you give me, I'll reply with multiple reasons to back up my claim.

Rather than suggest nerfs for a single class, why don't we start coming up with buffs for classes that'd actually help them stand a chance against higher tier classes?

Another thing, resist% cap on accessories and attack speed cap should differ per class. For example classes such as Crane/Turtle Hermit should be allowed to use 112% resistance increase, and Fighter's attack speed cap should be lower than 100ms so players are given an incentive to bring them allow. That's kind of the motto Daneos has been going with, for example in order to make players take Ultimate Majins in their party he made it so that you can't enter dungeons with their buffs. But so that parties aren't weakened significantly due to having a Ulti/Chef in their party he buffed spin so it'd do a nice amount of AoE DPS easily allowing them to replace a Turtle.

So far buffing has worked a lot more effectively in DBO in terms of balancing than nerfing. He Buffed spin, thus Ultimate Majins are a good class to tank in PvE parties. He nerfed props, and we all know how happy the community was about that change. The only problem I see with changes that apply to specific classes is that I don't know if Daneos can do it. When he buffed the backstab damage bonus, when it was meant to buff Swordsmen. It affected every single backstab move in the entire game. Now Karma's damage is so ridiculous to the point where Dendes are being killed off before getting the chance to use autopot/LP recovery items.

it seems many are in agreement about the suggested karma nerfs that badpicollo suggested hopefully Daneos and Staff will see this as a way to go.

at the very least try it instead of just saying no

I disagreed, I even explained why it's won't get anything done. Unless you think making it impossible for Karma to beat tanks is a good way to help non-tank classes fight Karma, lol.

First of all theres also reflect included if you're losing that much health. Secondly I bet you use craft armor instead of TMQ or CC Eng Def armor. Theres a big difference.

ok, so i kd spammed sk +9 gear and +12 axe i had 10k lp and i made a mistake he managed to use lifesteal and overtime i literally died

His armor was irrelevant, he was stating that he lost because of a visual bug. That KD visual bug let the SK use life, etc on him in the first place. Although I disagree with life steal being overpowered, no TMQ7/CC armor= rip SM if they screw up/get visual bugged.

Every next use of shout or double whammy ball have less duration with every

next use and these two skills wont guarantee anymore successful drop of lock/stun so here will be more pression on karma players, look at turtle or crane first they try paralize you with slow+skill or kd then sleep, karma lock is updated version of sleep and she just dorping it like is nothing and this is main weapon of karma you turn your opponent into punching bag for 23sec, actualy here is no holes in karma combo for most of classes, even after all the changes karma will still control the fight from the start but now here will be at least some holes that will give you chance for win, karma because of her high control features and high def losing not much hp and even if you will get her, here is not much chance that you will kill her for one combo thats why karma should pay with life for using doll skill, this skill is mainly used for get time in wait for other skill cd.

Lets be also clean that karma is easy class to play like some ppl think and one mistake making you lose, because some ppl like Jorge A. Tellez think that if you play karma or sk you can win budokai easy.

Well then I suppose I guessed right. This change is pretty good, since if you can survive long enough for the duration to have decreased to the point where you can counter attack during the time the Karma is casting their CC. Keyword "can", only tanks can tank Karma long enough for their CCs duration to be low enough to counter attack during the cast time. Anyone else who isn't full props will just get one shotted by Homing Storm from behind. The Karma can literally wait for the last couple of seconds for Skill lock, and use Confusion duration RP > homing storm. If you're wearing anti confusion there's not enough time to change to props in order to tank the attack, and if you're wearing props well now you gotta deal with roughly half a minute of confusion. During that time they can easily lower your health to roughly 35-50% and kill you with a critical to prevent your autopot from going off.

Realistically all you're doing is making it impossible for Karmas to defeat SKs, thus raising SK's viability. If what you're trying to do is give Turtle, Crane, Pokos, etc a fighting chance against Karma this is not the way to do it.

The reason why I found the change to Play doll so intriguing is because it doesn't affect Karma what so ever. 2.6k lp is nothing, and if you increase it to something like 8k or more you'd be killing off one of their CCs. I personally think Play doll is fine because unless your opponent was stunned before hand if you use Play doll they will aggro on you and waste it.

I agree Karma is a relatively easy class to play, but regardless of which class it is there will always be horrifyingly bad players. I've seen players who're are unimaginably terrible at the game, I guess they just weren't meant to be good. Take a Retail turtle named "GigaST" for example, he's played since the level 55 cap, he hit level 70 and doesn't know how to play the game better than some newbie who's been around for 2 weeks. It's players like GigaST that have shown me that just knowing how to rotate between your skills is enough to make you "good".

Normally if those Fighters just rushed him that'd be the end of his "peculiar strategy". In the first round it looks flawless, but in the second round when he had literally an entire hotbar's worth of skills to use while his sleep was on CD. But instead he just kept jamming his keyboard trying to put his target to sleep. There are plenty of other examples of terrible players, but that's besides the point. Moral of the story no matter how easy a class looks in comparison to others, it still requires skill no matter what it is.

I think your suggestions are pretty neat, it'd definitely make PvP Karma a bit more interesting(However it'll only cause good Karmas to change their strategy slightly tbh). I'm curious to hear why, and how you think this will balance Karma?

Usually Karmas will shout > Stun, but if you add cast time to their stun/skill lock it'll force them to use confusion. Well actually depending on their ping they might be able to land the stun just in time, before their opponent can cancel their cast time. Which makes me question what you're trying to go for with these changes, can you really change their CCs in a way that balances them without killing them? Karmas are entirely reliant on their CCs in order to win, if you nerf it too badly they can't win. But if the nerf is insignificant, then skilled Karmas will win the match regardless.

I suppose after a while of using the same CCs repeatedly the duration will have been lowered to the point where the cast time is just too long for them to land it in time. Realistically these changes would only help tanks stand a slightly better chance, as they're the only ones capable of tanking Karma long enough for their CCs to lose enough duration to give them time to counter attack.

When you take items such as autopots, and Senzu beans into consideration, I'd say these changes would affect Karma the most in ranked battle. However it'd nearly no effect on them in Budokai, because there they'll have no reason to hold back their LP recovery items. And usually Karmas(Well it should probably be singular since the only skilled and well equipped Karma who wins budokai is Flundaa) who do make it past preliminary know how to rotate around their CCs effectively to make up for the cast time on stun/Skill lock.

Don't get me wrong I find these changes interesting, and much more constructive then what most people on the Forum suggest. But I lack the insight on how this will give the classes that struggle against Karma a chance to fight back against them. Tanks on the other hand are not one of the classes that struggle against Karma, I'd say(Ultimate, SK, etc). Hopefully this reply isn't too long for you.

Man, some of these suggestions are pretty obnoxious. I agree with Syren, Karma Majin has already been severely nerfed compared to what it was in Retail. Honestly I'd say it was nerfed the most compared to any other class in the entire game when compared to it's Retail counterpart. 2 Minute CD on Shout is unnecessary, Karmas have plenty of other ways of starting the match in their favor assuming they know what they're doing. Usually newbie Karmas rely on Shout too much then they end up being ringed out by Pros. Changes made to Shout wouldn't make it any easier for human classes, most humans don't even bother to wear anti para, petri, nor Confusion then they come crying to Forums about how overpowered Karma is. They don't need Shout to defeat ill-geared Humans/Nameks. If you're not starting off the match with anti-confu and dashing to edge then you're not fighting Karmas the correct way. The only classes Karma is a hard counter is Turtle/Crane, and maybe Fighter since it's 60 cap. Every other class has a pretty good chance of beating them if they're well equipped. A swordsmen with anti confusion, scint and has dashed to the edge of the ranked arena virtually disabled both of their long ranged CCs. If they try to KD you can block and dash > stun or if your ping is good you just rush them with QA as the animation is going off.

Although I can't disagree with Karma being a pretty broken class, and it does need a slight change, but only to a certain degree. If Karma couldn't use 2 CCs at the same time, and had their duration increase RP nerfed they'd be rendered useless against all non-human classes. And if the Turtle has anti confusion, they can simply dash out after being shouted + skilled locked. Then they can slow > kame = Dead Karma Majin, rinse and repeat the second round. Create a Karma Majin gear it up, and see how well you do playing the "skill-less" class against skilled players.

glaring slash is working correctly pve and pvp, has been tested.

Test Glaring slash in PvE with a none attribute weapon, I'm certain that it doesn't function correctly. But I might be wrong, who knows.

Well the whole point of this thread was to point out that if you have None attribute on whichever weapon, then your props are completely nullified as if you had no props. I'm not sure if it's the same for armor, but I'm certain it works that way for weapons for whatever reason.

Hopefully one of the mods brings this to Daneos' attention, as None is an attribute in itself. So it'd make no sense for None to nullify your props in PvE, plus I'm pretty sure it works just fine in PvP.

Hello!

He's without any attribute at his Sword, non speed (at the moment) Swordsman.

Keyword "our", please be specific with the details. Is it a speed party if it is, then obviously your glove damage wouldn't be affected by your sword attribute being none. And if any of the party members have an attribute then what's your point? Of course it's going to increase your parties overall damage if even a single one of your members have an attribute.

For whatever reason your damage doesn't increase according to your props if you don't have an attribute. I remember switching to funny attribute and my Bold strike's damage skyrocketed from 7k to 10k.

Edit: It's possible that it works just fine in PvP, but when I tested it, it wasn't working in PvE. Definitely something that should be brought up to Daneos' attention.

nah doesnt matter if ur smarter than ur opponent if u have +9 set you wont beat +14 set guy

Depends on the class matchups, if you're both good at playing your class and the matchups are in your favor you can win. Regardless you guys are getting off topic, if you continue down this rabbit hole this thread will end up just like the tier list thread.

What lore and story? Xenoverse doesn't have a lore. Its just some non-canon mesh of stuff. Calling it lore doesn't even make sense considering its just a fanfiction of the players creation. Nobody plays Xenoverse for the lore, they play it to mess around with their own characters.

That wasn't their goal.

Your custom created character interacting with the world, I guess can counts as "fanfiction"? Lore's got a crap load of different definitions, but I'mma stick to this one "traditional knowledge and stories about a subject". Dualist's was trying to say that Xenoverse took and watered down DBO's lore when they tried implementing it into the game, not that they had their own lore. Xenoverse does have lore as it's story is based off of DBO's lore, it's just that they never bothered to explain it and they did a sloppy job bringing it over to Xenoverse. You can claim that it wasn't their intention to make Xenoverse like DBO, but that's not what I'm saying. It's a fact that they took components from DBO's story and turned it into whatever Xenoverse has become, my point is that they didn't do it very well. Bandai Namco destroyed any canon value DBO had, thus leading to the production of Xenoverse.

1. Guess 90% of the community lost their only way of farming efficiently huh? Correct me if I'm wrong but the developers of Retail tried that, but there are ways of getting past that. You'd be screwing over the majority of the community that can't afford a VPN and uses a program for multi-clienting.

2. I've already debunked this so many times..... it won't work. Here's why, check out my post on the 2nd page.

-> they stone a large amount

3. I disagree, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

4. So what you're saying is... remove all Majins from the game? If not, what's your intention? Why would we need to do PvE without Majin buffs when a majority of the community has already gone through that once before. Everyone was a noob at some point, thus most of us have hit cap without Majin buffs before. Why should we do it again?

5. Daneos is trying to turn DBOG into his own personal project, he based it off of TW, but he's not going to turn it into TW.

Forum people that don't play budo with no sense idea...if you remove stun from karma to fear you will give other cc and keep karma with shout(stun). With fear you can't pot, just like confuse. With stun you can pot at least, if the karma fear you with rp in the end it's just game over...

No, Stun is also a CC therefore they're not gaining an additional CC, period. Unlike Stun, you can wear accessories to decrease the duration if you pay attention to the way they rotate their CCs you can interrupt it by wearing for example a high amount of anti fear. If the Karma dies before the last 5 seconds or less, than they would've never gotten the chance to use it in the first place. Of course that requires you to know how to play Karma, because if you don't know how to play Karma you'll be completely oblivious of the way they rotate their CCs around. Their stuns won't always be off CD, if anti fear can open just the smallest of openings that can be the difference between defeat and a victory for humans. Unlike Stun, fear can't stop cast time abilities for example sleep thus making it possible for Turtle/Cranes to defeat Karma. Oh but Shout is a stun, well unlike Hesitation shout teleports you up close in front of your target. If you're vigilant and quick while you're casting sleep you can dash to the edge and win. And so what if you can't pot while you're feared?

I agree with you the senseless grinding at times can be very dreadful, I've thought about quitting this game countless of times. The only reason I got as far as I did into this game was because my connection can't handle many games, DBO just happened to be one of those games. And you're correct in the notion that mindless grinding is a relic of the last decade, however why this game was created roughly a decade ago so the mindless grinding makes sense in DBOG. Playing DBOG is like playing Vanilla WoW if the private servers changed the way the game a tad bit. The whole point of playing DBOG isn't to play a new exciting RPG, but rather to relive the nostalgia of Retail DBO. However Retail was severely flawed. and Daneos wanted to try to make a living off of DBO. This led to Daneos changing the game for the better and worse thus making DBOG his own project.

I agree that to a degree this game really doesn't reward skill play, however that doesn't mean there isn't a learning curve. Gear won't always decide the outcome if you place a highly skilled Crane versus a plus 15 noob Turtle, chances are that Crane will win. But you can argue that Crane has an advantage fair enough(however knowing to play against every other class in the entire game is apart of skill). Place a skilled Crane Hermit against a noob Crane, and that weak geared Crane will still win. Oh but Crane's attacks bypass defense? Fair enough, place a plus 0 skilled Turtle Hermit against a plus 10 Turtle Hermit who's a noob, and I'm fairly certain that the plus 0 turtle will win.

But if a plus 0 Crane were to be put up against a Karma, chances are they'll lose no matter how good at the game they are simply because Karma Majin heavily counters Crane. In that sense you'd be correct to say that the game doesn't differentiate between players in terms of skill. And with mediocre skill(Novice, not noob) but strong armor you could take down skilled weak players relatively easy. I'd argue that completely stomping on other players by using superior armor is kind of part of the fun of the game, this is Dragon Ball. It's why Broly's 1st movie was so popular, people like seeing a jacked guy beat everyone up without even flinching. You grind for armor, and if your armor is so much more superior to everyone else's you will win most of the game without investing much effort into the class.

In conclusion do I think DBO is worth playing? Despite the poor game design yes, in the right hands the game's totally worth playing if you're really into Dragon Ball. However I don't believe DBOG is worth playing anymore, there will always be players who exploit zeni/use bots to ruin the economy which takes the competitive part of the game out. It destroys your motivation knowing that there are players who simply pay exploiters a mere 200 USD and instantly gain better equipment after you invested 200 hours into the game.

If you read what I posted carefully, you'd have noticed I was suggesting to change their stun into fear not give Karma Majin's an additional stun.

u can't get full fear, para, confuse and get resistance to seal and now you want fear too ???

Well were you expecting to use -100% fear, para, confu, and on top of all that get some sort of special non-existent resist to skill lock at the same time? Regardless, do reread what I previously wrote, you might change your mind.

I agree that Daneos should and a anti-bot system, but I disagree with the anti multi-client notion. Multi-client is the only way for a vast majority of the community to farm efficient, or power level, etc. As for the extra stuff that Daneos can add to the game for example your suggestion about the turn off ask money option, well Daneos probably can't do that. Daneos' ability to add things to the game is limited to what's already in the game, for example re-skin dogis.