Posts by ExaltedGeico

Upgrade is pretty easier now

That's a bold and misleading claim with not much to back it up. I wouldn't say that it's easier to upgrade now. There are pros and cons to both upgrade systems for why A is worse than B and vice versa. There's also a higher drop rate(not always the case, as sometimes it can be really shit) aka more upgrading attempts. The fail/break rate now is also extraordinarily high now when compared to what it was compared to Retail. I can guarantee you 90% of the players you see with plus 15 are buggers. I doubt as many players farmed back then due to just how unrewarding it was, spending hours and hours of your life span just to get nothing out of it. Most players were too busy trying to figure out how the game worked due to the language barrier to focus on going higher than plus 11. Maybe I'm wrong and that upgrade right now is much easier now, although it's completely based on luck, nothing to do with difficulty. The fail/break to success rate ratio definitely makes up for the higher drop rate, and since Adv stones give 1-3(not 2-3 like it was in retail) it makes up for the less severe upgrade level decrease from break. From what I can understand the white stones being a drop, and with the language barrier gone's probably the reason why you see so many more players with "high" upgrades. Although you also have to take into consideration that most players who still play DBO probably play this game quite frequently/cash a decent amount.

and + 8 was better too than in DBOG.. Did way more damage with +8 than now, and im not talking about turtle.. DW/Crane/Plasma and most important Poko did more damage too - i miss my +10 farming poko from HK... SOUL and STR nerf sux @ss! FOC is overpowered now -> bad desisions in my opion..

That has nothing to do with the upgrade system, that's strictly tied to the damage calculations.

If Daneos were to try to balance Karma, instead of changing some of their CCs to cast time, or making it impossible for them to use more than 1 CC at the time. I think he should turn Karma's stun into fear, it'd make sense since the CC animation is just the Karma scaring you still. Of course it'd also make just as much sense for it to be a paralysis. However if it became a paralysis Karma would lose any hope of standing a chance against tanks, as they could run -100% confusion and a high amount of anti Paralysis. If it were fear instead of paralysis it'd force the tank to mix their accessories up and time it depending on the CC rotation the Karma does.

By turning their stun into a fear Daneos would effectively balance Karma in a way that doesn't completely kill them off, but makes it possible for certain classes like Crane to defeat Karmas. What do you guys think?

If he's going to break back the old break system, he has to remove all the upgraded level 65/70 armor sets that are already in the game. And he should return the success/fail/break rate back to what it was in Retail. Due to the fact you'd lose your item if it broke, there was a significantly higher chances of success, and lower rate of break. The reason you didn't see many +15s is because the system was set up in a way that you needed to cash to get past plus 12 due to white stones only being available in the cash shop. Thus leading players to either buy zeni or bot in order to afford the stones to upgrade to plus 15.

It won't make it any harder for botters to gear up because a DW needs plus 8 at best to farm efficiently, and Daneos would need to remove level 60 gear from the game otherwise they can use that to farm. Sure common players are bound to be tempted to buy upgraded gear, but the difference will be minuscule as white stones aren't very difficult to obtain. Unless Daneos lowers the drop rate to the point where a lot of the community find farming unrewarding(like in Retail/PoB), it won't accomplish much breaking back the break system.

Karma Majin virtually shits on every class aka most players because most players don't bother getting accessories. I've fought so many SKs who don't have anti confusion duration, plus 15 or not if you don't have CC counters you're screwed. Recently therefore been an increase of SKs using confusion resist% accessory which sometimes counters Karma's last second confusion timer win. Which is why you see so many SKs coming out on top against Karma Majin, aside from the fact Karma Majin's as far as I'm aware are a lot less common than SK. However you'd see them winning 1st place regardless if they truly live up to their legend of being "The most overpowered class".

I agree their damage is ridiculous that definitely needs to be changed, but I don't believe any sort of change to their CC is required aside from a bug fix. For some strange reason if a Karma Majin uses paralysis while their adversary is stunned it will completely negate the stun screwing them over. Everyone's so bent on nerfing Karma Majins that no one has bothered pointing those kinds of bugs out to Daneos. And if you have a good reason for why their CCs should be nerfed, please come up with a good idea to balance them.

I personally think the change that makes it so that Karmas can't use more than 1 CC at a time does nothing to them, it virtually accomplishes nothing as they can simple stun you > KD > confusion. At best it'll add a minuscule learning curve to Karma Majin, but anyone who knows how to CC you in the correct order is bound to know how to get around that.

Although.... I'm not sure what gear upgrades and accessory had to do with the validity of my statement as DBOG is 80% if not more RNG. It's a fact that a majority of the community will be pissed off if they lose all their progress due to something that could have been very easily and professionally taken cared of in the 1st week.

i probably have better gear than you and i spend more time on grind than you i have all accessories from dragon but you cant comprare with chinese pockets, i know players that have really good gear but they stop playing, they dont see sense in this game today, no real changes etc. i had over 1 month break game is still not playable on windows 10 and chinese players have thousands of stones and money, this game need fresh start, especially before the final cap, with active moderators that will be always here for ban bots, the game lost sense and the economy is lost is just about time when it will blow up. Marketplace and economy is not friendly for new players today if you want play this game with 10 ppl good for you.

My SK had 1 set of plus 12-13. and my Ultimate Majin is full plus 12-14, and I have 5 level 60 acc without cashing a single penny into the game.

is not too late we all know that game starts at lvl 70

The game started on March 1st of 2018. Some of us have leveled countless accounts, saved up honey, zeni, boxes, and geared up our characters all to prepare for 70 cap. If Daneos resets now he'd have deleted 5 months of our lives in an instant. It'd benefit a small minority of the community while screwing up a majority of the community while at the same time destroying any hope F2P have to compete with cashers.

that would be aswome if this happens

daneos should give cashiers there cash back as well so they can get dogis I need my dogis

Image result for doggie Help the mongrels woof

daneos should wipe game from all items when new client will come and leave just empty characters with lvl

He shoulda done that during the 1st week, it's 5 months too late for that. I don't think anyone, at least I personally wouldn't bother investing more time into this game trying to get back to the point that I'm at now. I lost 4 decent geared level 70s in PoB, and I'm not in the mood to lose another 5 capped characters, which 1 of them has plus 12-13. It'd be nice for a small minority of cashers, and the players who quit early on. But overall it's a terrible idea because it'd completely screw over F2Ps and a majority of cashers.

Yes I was agreeing with you. Use context clues. If I say "he" makes an interesting argument, and then I proceed to explain your position, WHO ELSE WOULD I BE AGREEING WITH?

Also, I mention balance because the classes are ranked according to their utility in some cases. Turtle is more valued than fighter precisely because of their utility

Mk, it confused me because usually when someone quotes me it means they're talking directly to me. So when I saw "he" I assumed you were referring to someone else, as it wouldn't make sense to refer to the person they're talking about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you agree with me? "Yes he makes an interesting argument"(Who is 'he'?). You make it sound like you're in agreement with Kamo, and then proceed to explain what I was saying in greater detail, but it's in a way that agrees with Kamo. If you're in agreement with Kamo, then why is that? His response was full of contradictions, he claims players are too lazy to gear/use the correct build their PvE characters, then continues to explain that certain classes are being punished. On top of the fact he questions why players don't want someone with a PvE build in their PvP party for Budokai. And why are we discussing game balance in a thread about "Tier lists"? We're supposed to compare and contrast as well as argue why the classes are ranked whatever that they are in the lists we've made.

funny to see how "Main Buffers" try everthing to defend their class. can u think neutral please? everyone knows that the game still need alot changes. balance between the classes are more broke then before since buffers are like 3 classes in 1, there still alot bugs in pve and pvp. so u can say what u want against this its just wrong. most of these buffers got just one char they play daily. just tell them to play other class in cc or budokai or ask them to take your pvp char instead your other char u normaly use for pve and u will see they cant even be partience if it takes a little bit longer xD. sure its easy to say everything is fine if u are the head of the party and just call mostly the same people. there are alot people who also have to play 2 chars for pvp and pve but most people dont like it becouse it would mean to inviest time, zeni and items on both chars. but its better to focus on 1 char then u can get the best gear with both sets (full eng+full phy) and accessories and have an easier game. at the same time u can get alot boxes from ccbd machine. they also know it so just be honest to yourself ;)

No one complains about gearing PvE characters because it's relatively easy to gear them up. It's the PvP characters that take a ridiculously long amount of time to gear up, unless you cash a lot then it's relatively easier for you to gear your PvP characters up. Most Ultimate Majins with high upgrades, multiple sets, and many accessories don't even farm with Ultimate Majin. For example I a Ultimate Majin farm with DW just because it's a lot more efficient for continuously killing hordes and keeping my spot occupied.

Why would anyone take a PvE character to party Budokai? I agree with you unless you know 4+ other active players who play the right classes, then you're going to have a tough time trying to find a CC party strong enough to do CC50+. But what's your point, are you trying to say they should nerf Majin classes? And what kind of RPG requires you to make multiple characters for multiple purposes, just to aid your main character? The only game that does that is DBOG, usually you get everything you need using 1 acc or by trading with other players. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I'm open-minded enough to be convinced that SK "can" defeat Ultimate Majin, however from my understanding the odds are in the favor of the Ulti. As I've yet to see a skilled Ultimate Majin like Skedar with the right equipment be defeated by the myth that is "smart SKs", I do agree that it's possible for SKs to defeat Ultimate Majins, and I'm well aware of their limitations. Iceman was able to convince me that SK could defeat Ulltimate Majins with a pretty solid strat(at least in retail/PoB), but I've yet to get my hands on concrete proof that Shadow Knights can dominate Ultimate Majins in PvP. I'm not trying to get my main class nerfed, but as far as I'm concerned until proven otherwise, Ultimate Majin's got the upper hand on SK by a large margin, and they'll be an even harder counter to SK once they have their resist% rings in 70 cap which will render pull > fear/KD almost useless. But that's enough about Ultimate Majins.

Whats ur ign i let you fight a +11 sk , see what happens ?

I don't disagree, or agree with you. The whole point to my premise was that I find it hard to be convinced that even good SKs can take down Ultimate Majin who are equipped with good gear, after the life steal change. I've got the general idea of how well Ultimate Majin can counter SKs(which they'll have an even easier time beating SKs in 70 cap because of 60% resist rings). If Karmas are having difficulty confusion Ulti, I have no reason to believe it's any different when it comes to SK vs Ultimate Majin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you've made a claim before that there were no strong(+13-15) smart SKs in Global? If that's the case, I don't see why my claim's any less valid, especially since DBOG is different from Retail. I've done my fair share of "research" by gathering information from veteran players who have the experience that I lack, you're one of the veterans I asked ironically, although I have come to different conclusions.

I'm also not doubting your experience, despite the fact you've got experience over me doesn't make your claims anymore valid than mines. Daq was the one who claimed that even Smart SKs can't beat plus 13-15 Ultimate Majins(Which might very well be the case), not me. I'm on the side that says Ultimate Majin would have the advantage over SK, not that SK has 0% to defeat Ultimate Majin. I talked to a really skilled SK friend of mine yesterday who convinced me with taunt debuff strat(in retail/PoB at least) SK would destroy Ultimate Majin. But this is level 60 cap DBOG O.B. Ulti vs SK.

Whats ur ign i let you fight a +11 sk , see what happens ?

I have my Physical set ready, but I don't have the energy set in order to fight strong SKs. I already told you I'm not going to invest anymore time into gearing up my Ultimate Majin, at least not any time soon. I have irl to worry about.

I know what kind of equipment I need to slaughter Sks, I've even talked to you about it anti-SK equipment.

I said smart sk/dw, not mainstream ones. I dont rly wnna post on forums how they can deal with my class pretty easy ?

You overestimate ultima in 1v1 pvp, try play one, i give u some ppl u can try fight, see what happens ?

I know how SK can deal with Ultimates "pretty easily". One way is to use CD and Focus > spam Taunt debuffs/Grenade > then start using Curse/Life steal. If your equipment is good enough there's a chance you might defeat the Ultimate Majin, however it's even less likely after the life steal change. But for DW their only tactic is pull and KD. With dex armor and confusion resist% accessory I'd say the favor's in the Ultimate Majin's favor. Once 70 cap hits and 60% rings become a thing on top of their other confusion resist% accessory it'll be even easier for Ultimates to destroy DW.

I myself am a Ultimate Majin, normally I'd gladly invest more time into gearing my Ultimate to fight your friends if I had the time. But as September is closing in, and as I am a f2p I just don't have the time to get all the accessories and sets that I need to utilize Ulti to it's maximum potential. I can't get All A's on my High school/College courses while maintaining a decent daily zeni/gold coin income.

Ultimate hard counter is crane, and smart sk and dw in pvp, 3 classes.

Ultima has rly low offensive, but good tank, so its a nice martial artist killer

Smart Crane fair enough just because their DoTs bypass defense for whatever reason. Smart SK questionable after the life steal change will have to see, so far they don't exist. Smart DW, no. They've got nothing going for them against Ultimate unless they try to Knock out. If you've got enough Confusion resistance stacked they're not going to land their Confusion, granted they have a better chance at pulling than SK because of their Focus passives. However if they fail that, they'll be knocked out instantly, I'd say the odds favor the Ultimate Majin. Because of that I wouldn't consider it a hard counter, more of a class that gives Ultimates trouble kinda like Dende.

My tier list for classes that are good at everything would be the following. This is based off of the changes Daneos has made to the game and my interpretation of them. I divide them into their tiers mostly based on their viability in PvE, and divided them into their separate ranks within those tiers based on how well they do in PvP.

The Top tiers are roughly just as viable in PvE, although I'd argue SK would be number 4 when it comes to PvE alone. However a major factor that played a role for why I ranked them the way I ranked them is the amount of classes available that can counter them. Ultimate Majin as far as I'm aware has no hard counter to it, what I mean is a class that can completely decimate them the same way Karma Majin trashes Dendes. There are classes that give Ulti trouble, but they're not counters to them.

TOP TIER

#1 Ultimate Majin

#2 Shadow Knight

#3 Dende Priest

#4 Karma Majin

High TIER

#1 Turtle Hermit

#2 Swordsmen

#3 Crane Hermit

MID_TIER

#1 Poko

#2 Grand Chef

#3 Fighter

#4 DW

LOW_TIER

Plasma Majin's only viable in Party PvP

If you manage to fit crit passives crit buffs into your build for level 60 Swordsman then lets assume with 2x % weapons you have what 60 crit rate? 34% +5% +25% you are left with around 24-25 crit rate which is 1/4 shots you will crit on average. Now in order to be able to combo these SKs for a period of time you will need a lot of CDR which will mean less dmg due to lack of props. Even if you use 1x Crit rate weapon for the higher crit rate your damage is cut significantly. I never said its impossible to win but if you look at the odds its not likely SK will have the upper hand right of the bat.

I agree with you that in 60 cap SM has a lack of SP, and can't implement the crit rate passive into their build without sacrificing their energy KD. I pointed that out in my last post. But Shadow Knights in this level cap don't have as many SP as they need to have to implement their Anti crit buff into a functional all-round PvP build. You can get intense concentration but you'd probably need to remove SP from something like Fear, or curse, or one of your passives. That'd put you at an disadvantage against most SKs unless you wanna go the bland route of KDing them outside, which I find removes the fun out of SK vs SK(but that's just my personal opinion). When I stated that SM can obliterate SK, I was under the assumption that they wouldn't bother using the anti crit buff as that drains their SP at this cap. But for the sake of arguing, lets say their build was made purely for SK vs SM. Even with 64% anti crit, I'd say they're about even considering this is DBOG crit rate. From my experience with the way crit rate works, sometimes you crit a load, and sometimes you don't crit at all regardless of your opponent's anti crit.

I agree that SM needs a lot of CDR, and that you don't need to sacrifice Props in order to reach a high enough CD to KD lock a SK for a while. Even in 60 cap you won't find CD being much of an issue if you have good equipment(CC90/level 55 rare CC vendor armor + CD dogi ball). Since the CD on SM's CD buff is horrendously long, I personally would start off with CD, and switch to props as I'm buffing up, 1 sp into the CD buff already gives you 10 CD. 10 + 8 + 29 + 12/13= 59/60 CD which in my opinion decreases your CD just enough in order for you to KD lock your opponent for long enough to kill them(granted that your skill rotation is absolutely perfect otherwise it probably won't work without maximum CD). I'd say if they used dex armor, and props they'd stand a pretty solid chance at killing the SK. It's either they delete the SK, or the SK deletes them. Usually it's one way or the other with SM vs SK.

Swordsman will only match Fighters damage with Glaring Slash active without Glaring there damage will not be enough to push SK into breaking point. This myth about 'can keep u in stun and kd all the time,' Is false. This will only work on squishy people. Vs any real tank you will be able to lock for maybe 3-4 Kidney shots before it has no duration left to utilise. When that time comes you will be vulnerable however Fighters can actually play defence pretty well due to there Dodge and Resistance.

With their Phy crit passive I don't think landing a critical with MSS will be much of an issue. 3-4 Kidney shot isn't good enough to be considered KD lock? Compared to what SM could do in early PoB that's nothing sure, but how many times do you think a Fighter will be able to land kidney shot against an SK? Unless they get really fortunate with dodges they're not going to land more than 2-3 Kidney shots at most. I agree with the notion that RNG controls your crits, but when you've got 2-3 MSS attempts during those 3-4 Kidney shots to crit, I find it very unlikely that anti crit during this cap will save the SK. It's just a matter of lowering their LP down to roughly 10k roughly, and critting with MSS. Despite the fact that SM can "only" land 3-4 Kidney shots before the duration disappears, during the last KS they can dash away and use Energy barrage to KD them > Flash for extra DPS/getting close behind them and finish with MSS. That's at least 4-5 MSS hits.

But in 60 cap SM's at a huge disadvantage in terms of SP, and the new CD movement buff doesn't exactly help them out much. Most decent SMs don't even bother using it in battle due to the ridiculous 2 minute CD, and the lack of SP. If you don't have CC armor whether it's the golden coin armor or CC90 armor on top of the CD dogi ball effect, you're screwed. I'm not too sure what Daneos was trying to go for when he gave them the CD buff, but it at least makes it easier to dash away 35m and use the long range KD for an additional attack.

At one point Ultimate was considered the ultimate counter to Swordsman but i would have more faith in beating a ultimate than i would SK if i had the right gears as Swordsman.

Ultimate was ever a pretty solid counter to SM during Global. Back in Retail whether it was HK or TW SM deleted Ultimates with relative ease, in fact they were easier to kill than SKs. But in Global that's vice versa, SM have a much better chance fighting SKs than they ever do fighting Ultimate Majins. Assuming the glaring slash lands, the Ultimate Majin can instantly remove it(assuming their attention span isn't that of a toddlers). Even Fighter does better against Ultimates 99% of the time, and from my experience Fighters don't hold out well against Ultimates. Unless the Ultimate Majin uses crafted armor, then their death was deserved.