Posts by dualist

Nah, it's because the DBO story says that it's impossible. We are Humans in DBO. Not saiyans. Humans just have a little amount of saiyan DNA left. Barely enough to go SSJ by asking Shenron to unlock that ability. Anything beyond that = impossible for Humans. People just don't care about those facts cuz they are being dumb fanboys. But they can ask all they want. It just won't happen! You are a Human in DBO. Not a Saiyan.

And no, we can not ignore/rewrite/change the DBO Story just to make it possible. It's the Game story after all. Also common knowledge also makes it impossible to go SSJ2. Always pay attention in school kids!

I don't disagree with adding transformations just for the hell of it. However, I do think it's limiting to not think about adding future content that expands upon the original story and doesn't necessary change it.

Why not add to the lore and to the story instead of saying it's impossible because the story as of now doesn't permit it? I just don't think these ideas should be entirely shut down and believe that as this game becomes it's own, Daenos should look to adding content that builds upon the existing story.

So while I entirely understand the focus as of now should be on improving the existing game, I don't think that suggestions for future world building content should be shut down altogether.

This game's lore is among my favorite aspects of the entire DB series and think it would be great for this game to add to it. Who know what they would've done if it was never shut down?

I don't get why it's so hard to get on board with this. DBOG is not a solo adventure. MMORPGs are meant to be played in groups with the option to solo. If this game can retain its base and attract new players by improving the client, then we;ll always have people to play with. TheProdige is also correct in stating that the Dungeon and TMQ awards need to be better and worth the grind. The more opportunities given for people to play together, the better.

I'm not saying food buffs are a bad idea, but it shouldn't be a situration where someone can get by with food buffs over being buff by a fellow player.

I remember that Video too. But as Haly wrote, it's not needed. There are more important things to do. But it looked cool tho.

Also forget that "more transformation" crap lol. Read DBO storyline. That's where you get your answers on that matter.

There are definitley nore important things to do at the moment. But I think it could add another elelment of combat as some point if this game keeps going.

I remember seeing a little teaser of Air Combat some time ago. I believe there was a plan to implement it in the original DBO at some point. Is this something that we could potentially see with the new client at some point? Or is this not even possible?

Thanks!

Honestly, people need to learn more how to farm and such without needing a buffer. I like this change.

I like this change as well. I like the idea of actually finding a player who plays as a buffer to give you a buff. I always appreciate playing DBOG and the original DBO and having a random character pass you by, notice you, then just hook you up with some nice buffs. I really want to see this game get away from as much exploitive shit as possible while encouraging players to work together and help each other based on the specific skills of their race.

That's what MMOs are about.

Thanks, Daenos! All this sounds exciting and I really look forward to players returning to the game.

What I want most from DBOG is more opportunities to play with others and cooperate. Someone mentioned raid bosses providing better rewards than just titles and I think that is an excellent idea as it keeps people working together for a common goal. I think better TMQ and Dungeon rewards will help that as well. I don't like how some TMQs are considered usesless, but I think your plan will fix that.

Additionally, I remember someone mentioning something about HI LP bosses roaming around certain areas of some maps. I think it would be cool to add bosses like this to every zone realitive to the max level of that zone. For example, if the max level of the starter zone is 20, then have a roaming high LP level 20 boss that players can work together to take down for a level appropriate reward in that zone.

Keep up the good work, bro!

I say do the wipe and this is coming from a person who can't play as much as I would like andas a resutlt is slow to level. But if wiping means that I'll be able to play the game with others, participate in more TMQs and it also fixes all the BS that's going on, then why not. I think I can ssume that everyone here wants this game to last. We have to be willing to sacrifice something for the greater good.

We've see games like Xenoverse, heroes, and now this upcoming project Z rpg, but none of those can replicate the experience I have playing DBO. I want this game to succeed, keep growing, and keep slowly building. If a wipe will help acheive that, then so be it.

While I understand the issue with the lack of communication from Daenos, the impatience I'm seeing from this community is so toxic. There are SO many games to play and when DBOG is updated, it will be updated. I play peridoically and will certainly play mor ewhen Daenos updates the client. But until then, there is no sense in bashing him and complaining about it.

I will say that Daenos could do better with overall communication about updates and what not, but it is what it is. But other than that, let's be patient and wait for the update. Now hopefully once the new client is up, Daenos and the team will be more receptive and responsive to feedback, but let's wait and see what happens.

Did people forget that this game was dead? I'm thankful for the fact that I'm even able to play.

I don't disagree with either of you here, especilly after breaking down it's use and I didn't consider the cdr gear as there are so many things about this game that I'm still learning. However, I do think at least a 10 second increase up to 30 seconds max would be beneficial.

Hi all,

To make the DW more tanky and decrease the amount of useless DW skills, I suggest we increase the duration of Dragon's Portection as you add skill points.

So for example: Lvl 2 gives a 30 sec duration and lvl 3 gives a 60 seconds, or something in that range. I think the duration should be inceased significantly because maxing out a skill usually gives a big boost.

I think this can be a very useful tank skill, but the duration is so short that it really isn't worth it. Especially with a 5 minute cooldown which is waaay too long for 20 second def boost. Additionally, players would also have to make tougher decisions when creating their builds as opposed to just adding a point to get to Dragon's Punishment.

Thanks!

Sup, Ice! So are you saying this type of upgrade system isn't even being considered? Daenos has to know that it needs to change, right?

So I can say that Dragon Ball Raging blast 2 "stole" team attacks from other dragon ball games and "watered them down". Fact of the matter is that this isn't "stealing" or "watering it down". They wanted to implement a feature into their game, a mechanic that was introduced from another entry into the long running anthology of dragon ball games, in an attempt to offer a more fulfilling experience. Fact of the matter is that it worked! No one's ever heard of this niche experience, and when gamers look back in history, 99% of them will remember the success of xenoverse instead of this broken mmo. And that's because of the difference in marketing.

They completely watered down the lore and story in Xenoverse. They used the time patrol idea and came up with a inferior story. I'm not saying that it was wrong to use the content, I'm just saying that it wasn't used better. But let's get off the whole XV thing because I actually really like the game and am not trying to bash it. I just want a god open world DB game.

As to my other point, I'm not saying it's wrong to critique and asking if this game is still worth playing is a valid question, but at the same time my exceptions aren't that high for an 8 year old game with a single developer. I don't know, maybe my expectations should be higher, but I've been playing DB games just off the strength of the name for years, so my expectations have always been low.

Stole? How did it "steal" anything? its the same franchise? That's like saying Xenoverse "stole" dragonball characters from other games because Goku was in it. You see how silly that is?

Steal was the wrong word to use but you get what I was sying. My point was that they used a lot of good content from this game, watered it down, and added to a game with a totally different style.

The funny thing is that this is an 8 year old game is in open beta with one guy developing it, yet people still complain about how bad it is. All I ask from the staff is to acknowledge user feedback and let us know if it's something they can and are thinking about implementing. But other than that, I'm just happy I get to play this game again and look forward to improvements.

I will say this though, when XV3 eventually comes out and the developers decided to embrace its MMO roots and move more into an open world style, this game would be in serious trouble.

The market for Xenoverse is better than this and still popular because it's a game actually being developed by Bandai and not just a small staff recreating the game. I love Xenoverse, but I actually prefer an open world game like this to XV, which stole pretty much all its ideas from this game. In play both games because XV is as close to a modern DBO as we're going to get. Now I agree, the game has gotten boring for me as well and I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I'm always going to make time for it because it gives me an open world DB experience that no other game has right now.

The game is heavily flawed, but we also just got an announcement for a new client that's supposed ot have a ton of new stuff in it. Do I want Daenos to update the game more consistently, of course I do! But I also understand that he is one man and doesn't have an entire development team around him. I play with the hope that a lot of the problem the fanbase has with the game will be fixed. I'm reserving total judgement for when the new client is released and we see some new updates and addition to the game. The game needs a lot of work and all we can do is be patient while we see what Daenos does. But right now, you either play the game, or you don't; it's that simple.

As far as the bots and casher stuff is concerned, I think Daenos needs to get on that ASAP. Now that I have a better understanding of the game I can see how much that shit impacts it. I also think the team could doing a better job of communicationg how feedback is received. IT would be nice to to know if they are taking some of these suggestions into consideration as opposed to not responding at all and leaving us guessing. I like how they responded to our questions in the transition from POB to OB thread. But as I said, I think we'll have a better understanding of where this game is headed when the new client comes out.

I don't disagree with adding a little more content in between now and December; inf fact, I would love if that were the case. However, I think we can all afford to be patient here. I can't imagine that this is the only game people are playing right now.

Sounds like we have a pretty significant update coming at the end of the year and they want to save all their new content for that. Now maybe I'm different because I play the game pretty sporadically, haven't reached the cap, and still have stuff to do. But I'm more than ok with waiting on the big update.

Again, I would love for them to add something here and there in between. And lord kknows they need to work on fixing these bot issues. But in the meant time, I'll probably try a different class when I reach the current cap and try to exmplore some other things, but people will still play the game between now and then.

It'd be cool to see the level 70 Ultras with several million LP that used to wonder Papaya come back. And when Daneos does decide to re-implement them into the game he'd add some sort of guild quest system, that gives guilds incentives to go around hunting such powerful but kind of pointless beasts . Or maybe he can add some sort of wanted system on platform to give players something fun to do on plat, or possibly a total kill leader board, etc.

P.S. The Level 70 Ultra idea was just an example of what kind of large scale group fights that can be implemented by Daneos in DBOG(assuming he's capable of doing so). It had nothing to do with adding content to the level 60 cap, but my other ideas for PvP were.

I love this idea, especially for players like myself who rarely to never to PvP. Adding rand hi LP bosses throughout different sectors is a great way to get people grouping and engaged.

This was in the original game? (I only made it to level 46 in the original)