Posts by AlexMix

The pet system does not work but the files are in there (I'm using the Korean client). I created a new branch on my repository trying to add the pets but still looking through the code. Anyone would like to join me on my quest? I know there are more updated versions out there, but what's the fun in that? :P

why's it black e.e like i can log in, but when i enter the loading screen the client proceeds to crash

I don't mind helping, I'll make a guide for the client. For setting up the server refer to page 11.

Got mine fully working and even got a couple of tools to compile through VS 2010

It's fixed. Server_Accept_Address on ChatServer file needs to be private ip address. Then under [Chat Connect] on the GameServer file you need to have your private ip address instead of local host.

It seems to run fine while running the server on localhost, but when I open my server so that more people can connect, it stops working.

Everything works and people are able to connect to my server except chat. Is there anything I'm missing? And yeah, my ports are indeed open.

[Chat Server]

Address = My private ip

PublicAddress = My public ip

Port = 20400

server_accept_limit = 5

Server_Accept_Address = 127.0.0.1

Server_Accept_Port = 21400

[Master Connect]

Address = 127.0.0.1

Port = 40003

[Query Connect]

Address = 127.0.0.1

Port = 41000

[DATABASE_CHARACTER]

Host = 127.0.0.1

User = ****

Password = ****

Db = dbo_char

[DATABASE_ACCOUNT]

Host = 127.0.0.1

User = ****

Password = ****

Db = dbo_acc

[CONFIG]

MaxConnection = 400

[TABLE]

LoadTableFormat = 1

; 0 = XML, 1 = Binary(rdf), 2 = Secured Binary(edf)

Path = resource/server_data/table/rdf

I am trying to run the client from VS 2019, however, VS does not recognize the dx3x9.h and afxres.h header files.

• VC++ Directories are set to "$(DXSDK_DIR)Include;$(IncludePath)" and "$(DXSDK_DIR)Lib\x86;$(LibraryPath)" for Include and Library directories respectively for all configurations—and the environment variable %DXSDK_DIR% points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\ as expected.

I tried building the project through VS 2010 and did not get any issues. Is this project not compilable through VS 2019?

Also, I can only run the game through VS 2010, which runs the client well. The client that junson sent states the following:

• "The game isn't updated to the latest version, please re-run to update"

And the launcher does not run.

In case of anyone needs it, I fixed this for VS 2019.

1. Loaded .sln into VS
    2. Retargeted to Windows 10 and C++ v142 build tools
    3. Downloaded v142 build tools (C++ MFC) via Visual Studio Installer

I am trying to run the client from VS 2019, however, VS does not recognize the dx3x9.h and afxres.h header files.

• VC++ Directories are set to "$(DXSDK_DIR)Include;$(IncludePath)" and "$(DXSDK_DIR)Lib\x86;$(LibraryPath)" for Include and Library directories respectively for all configurations—and the environment variable %DXSDK_DIR% points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\ as expected.

I tried building the project through VS 2010 and did not get any issues. Is this project not compilable through VS 2019?

Also, I can only run the game through VS 2010, which runs the client well. The client that junson sent states the following:

• "The game isn't updated to the latest version, please re-run to update"

And the launcher does not run.

Hi, I am a Software Engineer in my third year of college. I am sure I could contribute in some way to the project. My experience includes: building web applications through MVC .NET Core, building bots through Azure Portal, managing Databases in Microsoft SQL, and messing around with Unity.

PS: Just started working on setting up a server, and will update on the progress.